• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

vikki

Anyone have any good recommendations for Complextro and Glitch-hop? Or just glitch in general, something about the complexity of it really tickles my ears.

I've already listened to all of Savant's stuff, and I absolutely adore most of it.

Savant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szq4su3N5Ew&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGs1_V5mCv4&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjzy9lxogqk&hd=1

Okay, I got a few for you. I am only posting one song per artist, but it's worth it to research their other tracks on your own.

This is a link to Max Justus' myspace page. I couldn't find much on Youtube so here is myspace. The track I was looking for is track 10 on his FB page. The rest of the album is alright, but track 10 is the best. This album actually came out in '08, so he was a bit ahead of his time. You might want to check out his remix album of 808 and Heartbreak, there is some good stuff there, though not exactly what you are looking for.
Max Justus

Rameses B makes some pretty chill dubstep, but it should be right up your alley.
Rameses B

Mitis also makes some awesome chill dubstep, but has been making some cooler glitchier stuff with MaHi recently.
Mitis

This is probably the best example you are looking for. Cool track, don't forget to check out the other tracks by these artists.
DVBBS

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Nice!! I'm in the office for some weekend work, so these will do nicely to pass the time.

I've been relistening to Kaskade's Redux set that he posted, and I really, really need this song to be released:

Ella Fitzgerald - It Don't Mean A Thing (Late Night Alumni Remix)

Deep House + Swing? Sign me the hell up!

Izayoi

Banned
Okay, I got a few for you. I am only posting one song per artist, but it's worth it to research their other tracks on your own.

This is a link to Max Justus' myspace page. I couldn't find much on Youtube so here is myspace. The track I was looking for is track 10 on his FB page. The rest of the album is alright, but track 10 is the best. This album actually came out in '08, so he was a bit ahead of his time. You might want to check out his remix album of 808 and Heartbreak, there is some good stuff there, though not exactly what you are looking for.
Max Justus

Rameses B makes some pretty chill dubstep, but it should be right up your alley.
Rameses B

Mitis also makes some awesome chill dubstep, but has been making some cooler glitchier stuff with MaHi recently.
Mitis

This is probably the best example you are looking for. Cool track, don't forget to check out the other tracks by these artists.
DVBBS
All great suggestions, thanks a bunch!

Laughlin

Max Justus

Rameses B

Mitis

DVBBS

I'll second Mitis. Love the guy, was listening to him when I read this post.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I usually run when i see Lana Del Rey's name on something, but this was pretty good. I've been fan of Schossow for a long time and I love his brand of Trance, especially when he brings that Tech House vibe.

Wait why do you hate Lana Del Rey? She has a really surreal voice and remixes of her songs generally turn out really well. She is on the same level as Ellie Goulding for me, in that I invariably like remixes of her songs.

Ellie Goulding - High For This (Monsieur Adi Remix)

vikki

Wait why do you hate Lana Del Rey? She has a really surreal voice and remixes of her songs generally turn out really well. She is on the same level as Ellie Goulding for me, in that I invariably like remixes of her songs.

Ellie Goulding - High For This (Monsieur Adi Remix)

I followed Lana since she first popped up on Hypem and I gotta say, she just didn't sit well with me. I don't want to tell you that she's bad or anything, but I just don't really care for her music. I still like the remix you posted though. Ellie Goulding on the other hand, I think is great. Ever since I saw her on Discodust, I loved her songs. I think her first album is every bit as good as her second and I think she'll stick around longer than Del Rey, maybe. Maybe they're both just a flash in the pan.

the Monsieur Adi remix of 'High For This' happens to be my favorite remix of the song.

Edit: Grab this free DL Link I love Crywolf's Ghosts EP and I just saw he posted this.

Nemesis_

As a resident psychotic JES stan, I was excited to see this video just went up. I didn't even know her and Cosmic Gate worked together. I still haven't listened yet though. Maybe before bed :D

Click to listen.

vikki

I'm curious about how much time these DJs spend looking for new music, how much cool shit you've not heard they have stored in their head, how much stuff they don't listen to, and how much time they spend mixing/mashing/producing? I definitely don't think any of them should be playing Beatport top 10, because they should have a jump on new music and should be testing the new stuff anyway. How much free time do these guys have to be working on stuff to "please the crowd?"

And in no way am I condoning what Solveig did/does.

Deadly

I tried my best to like Intense and I just couldn't. I am going to try some of his older stuff at some point, it's hard on Spotify because you have to scroll through hundreds ASOT episodes.

His older stuff is definitely ALOT better than Intense IMO.

jambo

I tried my best to like Intense and I just couldn't. I am going to try some of his older stuff at some point, it's hard on Spotify because you have to scroll through hundreds ASOT episodes.

Intense is a pretty bad representation of Armins over all career.

Definitely check out 76, Shivers and Imagine.

Also the yearly A State of Trance compilations and his Universal Religion stuff are great too.

Ashhong

I don't think this is a valid opinion.

Wolfgang Gartner calls out Martin Solveig

Pretty interesting stuff. I really do wish DJs would not stick to the super mainstream stuff since you tend to hear a lot of the same songs at most of these festivals.

God I am really not liking Gartner. This dude pops up on my news feed randomly bashing EDM and the direction it's going. We fucking get it, you don't like it. It's cool that he speaks his mind and all that but I almost feel like he's doing it more for just the attention. Do people even listen to him anymore? I haven't noticed his name on any major festivals.

On a different note, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you guys check out Giuseppe Ottaviani's new album, Magenta. Here's a taste of it. Great tunes, vocals, I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haMIP2S54AY

jambo

a9GGDeu.png
The AH.FM 7 Year Anniversary Massive Celebration has just kicked off!

For the next 77 hours tune in to AH.FM to hear 61 DJ sets, ranging from 1-3 hours.

Tune in here!

I'll be posting tracklists and download links in the Trance thread!

jambo

AH.FM post official download links for all the sets and tracklists for some of them.

I will try and find as many TLs as possible to go with their download links.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm contemplating getting tickets to see Moby at his Spring Awakening afterparty in Chicago. Has anyone seen him live? Thoughts?

I only know a little bit of his stuff, mostly older and mainstream.

Sai-kun

Banned
I can't wait for Spring Awakening in a couple weekends! Saturday is gonna be so especially sick. I'm hyped for: Bassnectar, AN21/Max Vangeli, Flosstradamus, Lucky Date, Nervo, Nicky Romero, Wolfgang Gartner, Zedd, and Zeds Dead just to name a few :p

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm contemplating getting tickets to see Moby at his Spring Awakening afterparty in Chicago. Has anyone seen him live? Thoughts?

I only know a little bit of his stuff, mostly older and mainstream.

I saw him at Electric Zoo two years ago, he was surprisingly good. He played right before Above & Beyond, which would generally be a tough slot but he did pretty well. I haven't seen him since though, so I can't comment on his most recent sets.

D23

Listening to the new eric prydz podcast... sooo goood! im seriously digging these sound now!! so tired of the typical build up, drop, *insert female angelic vocal*, build up, drop formula again

i want moreee prydz

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to the new eric prydz podcast... sooo goood! im seriously digging these sound now!! so tired of the typical build up, drop, *insert female angelic vocal*, build up, drop formula again

i want moreee prydz

Prydz is playing in Connecticut tonight. I have half a mind to take a train up there just to watch him play for a few hours and then take a train back after midnight. Alas none of my friends want to join.

Edit: Speaking of Prydz, he just teased this track which he is releasing on June 17. It was the track titled "Reeperbahn Chordapella Mix" in his Essential Mix and it was by far my favorite track in the entire 2 hours. Cannot wait for it to come out:

Pryda - Untitled

D23

I was at Q like a month ago. Wasn't anything going on but damn, I could feel the bass in my bone marrow.

dude that sound system is hands down the best sound system i have ever heard holy shit.. my body was literally shaking from the bass!!

Q>>foundation

kaskade

Nice! I followed the link they had to their "Miami playlist" and it's got some pretty great tracks, you guys should check it out. I particularly like the first track, which has a bouncy summer deep house vibe going on:

Rene Amesz & Ruell 'Hope'

That's actually probably tied for my favorite song on the album along with the one I posted. Good choice haha. I've been going on a pretty good house kick lately. Lots of Mark Knight.

Top Bottom