• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
love this new remix from Bingo Players

Dada Life- Boing Clash Boom (Bingo Players Remix)

fun tune for summer festival!

Holy shit this is amazing. Makes me want to start jumping up and down.

Cool remix of the new NERVO single:

NERVO - Hold On (Fred Falke Remix)

I also discovered this guy called Shook who makes some amazing disco inspired music. Worth checking out his remixes, they're all pretty stellar, and his originals are damn good as well:

https://soundcloud.com/shookshookshook

vikki

love this new remix from Bingo Players

Dada Life- Boing Clash Boom (Bingo Players Remix)

fun tune for summer festival!

I love Dada Life and this remix by Bingo Players is great. If you ever watch 'The Today Show' listen closely as they are going to commercial or coming back because they play Dada all the time. I was thrown off the first time I noticed it.

Holy shit this is amazing. Makes me want to start jumping up and down.

Cool remix of the new NERVO single:

NERVO - Hold On (Fred Falke Remix)

I also discovered this guy called Shook who makes some amazing disco inspired music. Worth checking out his remixes, they're all pretty stellar, and his originals are damn good as well:

https://soundcloud.com/shookshookshook

Fred Falke is the poster boy for consistently good work. Anyone who likes Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky' should check out Fred Falke, assuming not all DP fans know Fred Falke.

Nemesis_

Kaskade announces new album

Kaskade-Atmosphere.jpg

Already announcing an arena tour and a production of the same name, Kaskade is taking his “Atmosphere” concept to another level this fall. Serving as the follow up to 2011′s Fire & Ice, Kaskade’s newest album, Atmosphere, will be released this September. The album’s lead single and title track, “Atmosphere,” will be released on June 10th as scheduled, and its host album will arrive in time for “big rooms, small tour.”

“Everything this summer and fall will be about Atmosphere. I’ve got the single first then the album and the tour and I’m just so excited for all of it. This album feels all that more precious to me because I really want to deliver in a big way.” – Kaskade​

chris121580

Anyone check out the new album Settle by Disclosure? Absolutely loving it. Pitchfork gave it a 9.1 today. Streaming here:

Beneath Alexis Petridis's four-star review of Disclosure's debut record, a debate rages in the comment section. Is the music these two brothers make deep house or not? And does it really matter?

Petridis thought not, saying: "The Lawrences' considerable skills lie elsewhere, in writing really strong pop songs and deftly weaving them around an amalgam of voguish club styles."

Blending garage, dubstep and all kinds of 90s dance touchstones, Settle looks likely to be regarded as one of the albums of 2013. Have a listen using the widget above, then argue furiously about genre classifications in the comment section below.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2013/may/31/disclosure-settle-album-stream?INTCMP=SRCH

vikki

Tell me about it. He's playing in NYC on my birthday so I think I'm gonna get a bunch of friends together to go see him. I know you hate Lana Del Rey but...

Lana Del Rey – National Anthem (Fred Falke Remix)

So amazing.

I think im going to make a playlist of Fred Falke like tunes. I was trying to think of other artists like Fred Falke, but I could only come up with a handful that are similar. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hot Chip - Colours (Fred Falke remix)

Robyn - Dancing On My Own (Fred Falke remix)

That's it for Fred Falke tracks because I want a good variety of Smoov tracks.

Alan Braxe - One More Chance feat. The Spimes

Pacific! - Narcissus (Alan Braxe remix)

Geyster - Under the Fuse of Love (Lifelike remix)

Lifelike - Sunset feat. Yota

Matt Van Schie - Saturday Night (GLOVES remix)

Phonat - Set Me Free (Tanzanian Disco Stamped remix) This track is borderline, not really smooth.

Lovelock - Maybe Tonight This may be too soft

Also, Empire of The Sun's new video is cool. It's very Empire of the Sun.

Cody_D165

Banned

cdyhybrid

Good article on why Trance is not dead even with the rise of EDM festivals and those crowds demanding harder sounds with bigger drops and what seems like the death of the old-school 6 hour sets trance DJs were so well-known for. It was written with the recent Armin Essential Mix in mind.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2013/05/armin-van-buurens-three-hour-essential-mix/

Interesting article. I never got the sense that Americans hated trance. If anything, people aren't familiar with it more than anything. But yeah, everytime a big trance artist has come to down, they sell out in minutes.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think im going to make a playlist of Fred Falke like tunes. I was trying to think of other artists like Fred Falke, but I could only come up with a handful that are similar. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hot Chip - Colours (Fred Falke remix)

Robyn - Dancing On My Own (Fred Falke remix)

That's it for Fred Falke tracks because I want a good variety of Smoov tracks.

Alan Braxe - One More Chance feat. The Spimes

Pacific! - Narcissus (Alan Braxe remix)

Geyster - Under the Fuse of Love (Lifelike remix)

Lifelike - Sunset feat. Yota

Matt Van Schie - Saturday Night (GLOVES remix)

Phonat - Set Me Free (Tanzanian Disco Stamped remix) This track is borderline, not really smooth.

Lovelock - Maybe Tonight This may be too soft

Also, Empire of The Sun's new video is cool. It's very Empire of the Sun.

Alan Braxe is the shit, I love his stuff. Haven't heard that Narcissus remix before though. You might wanna check out Moullinex if you haven't heard of him before. Here's a link to some of his stuff:

Moullinex - Darkest Night (feat. Iwona Skwarek)

Moullinex - Flora (Full Album)

Oh, I almost forgot Goldroom. Got to see him play a live set in NYC a few months ago and that shit was incredible:

Goldroom - Only You Can Show Me (feat. Mereki)

Goldroom - Fifteen (feat. Chela)

Good article on why Trance is not dead even with the rise of EDM festivals and those crowds demanding harder sounds with bigger drops and what seems like the death of the old-school 6 hour sets trance DJs were so well-known for. It was written with the recent Armin Essential Mix in mind.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2013/05/armin-van-buurens-three-hour-essential-mix/

Really good article. This is the main reason I have such a man-crush on Eric Prydz; his sets are always constructed to take you on a journey rather than just hit you with a succession of popular tracks with big drops. To the average festival goer his sets are probably boring as hell, but they have a lot more thought and effort put into them than just picking a bunch of remixes of popular MTV tracks and slapping them together into a one-hour set. Armin does this in his sets too, which is why he is always fun to watch.

If anything I feel like this kind of music is having a comeback as people start to get tired of all the samey sounding drops and sets that you hear at every festival. This can only bode well for the direction of the industry.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Electric Zoo phase 3 lineup. LOOK AT THIS SHIT:

Phase3_Fri.jpg

Phase3_Sat.jpg

Phase3_Sun.jpg

Aside from the headliners you have Orjan Nilsen, Four Tet, Scuba, John O’Callaghan, Tritonal, Fehrplay, Swanky Tunes, Walden, Myon & Shane 54, Vicetone, Joris Voorn, Alex Metric, Jacques Lu Cont, and Yolanda Be Cool. Someone hold me.

vikki

This article is actually pretty pretentious. Could American radio have anything to do with what is trending in EDM? You've got your "Prog House" (more on that in a second) your Dubstep, your Trap, all of which is played on Top 40 radio. If your taste in EDM is limited to what is played on American radio then you are not really an EDM fan.

Progressive House today is not exactly what it was 5 years ago. What Prog House you hear on the radio is not what the genre is. What you hear on the radio is more like Prog House/Dance/Pop all rolled into one. There is a fairly noticeable difference between THIS and THIS.

There is a lot that I disagree with in this article, I find it to be a bit self satisfying the way Trance was described, but I'd rather not go through everything I disagree with. I do think Trance has gotten it's recognition, who doesn't know who Armin is? EDM goes through phases of popularity, like we go through phases of what music we enjoy.

And Trance has been criticized since I started listening to it in '99 for it being "repetative" and "cheesy" and everything else.

Edit: I didn't want to come off as a dick, but i do disagree with some of that article. Trance has never been a journey for me. What I do love about it first and foremost are the beautiful melodies and then the seamless transitions from one track to the next. I think in today's attention deficit scene you don't get those transitions as much, but things change. The EDM magazines have told me that (insert genre or artist) is the new hot thing for ages. Trance will go through it's ups and downs like every other genre in the EDM field.

I don;t normally follow this thread but I thought I'd dump this here if it's not already done :

Skreams remix of Rudimantels "Hell could freeze over". Such an amazing summer tune, gonna be using this from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5kU8zCoeg

Skreams mixmagtv mix found here which has a few of his own exclusives that are still unreleased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kmlve0pNc&list=PL0AFC3A9F1F3F94DF

Never followed Skream whilst he produced Dubstep, but this new direction is great.

vikki

Please, recommend me some new music. Going on a trip next weekend and it's a 4 hour drive. I got me that new Phonat 'Identity Theft' EP. It's pretty great, but it's not going to fill up a 4 hour drive. I prefer an EP or album, but mixes are welcome too, I may not get all the way through the mix.

I don;t normally follow this thread but I thought I'd dump this here if it's not already done :

Skreams remix of Rudimantels "Hell could freeze over". Such an amazing summer tune, gonna be using this from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5kU8zCoeg

Skreams mixmagtv mix found here which has a few of his own exclusives that are still unreleased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kmlve0pNc&list=PL0AFC3A9F1F3F94DF

Never followed Skream whilst he produced Dubstep, but this new direction is great.

I've always loved Skream, even the Dubstep stuff. He's always had that Rave vibe to him, kind of like Crookers. That track you posted has that Chromeo vibe, not bad, but I prefer that rave sound coming out of Skream.

I've always loved Skream, even the Dubstep stuff. He's always had that Rave vibe to him, kind of like Crookers. That track you posted has that Chromeo vibe, not bad, but I prefer that rave sound coming out of Skream.

That mixmag set has a number of old tracks with some blinding remixes that I'd like to get my hands on.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having trouble deciding between Paul Oakenfold and Wolfgang Gartner tomorrow at Spring Awakening. Any advice?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Surely I can't be the only person who hates this? He has such a unique and simple sound, he shouldn't go and complicate things like that. Sigh.

"Unique" is the last thing I would use to describe Avicii's sound.

NeoGAF Off Topic needs a revived FL Studio thread. The last one was in 2009 or something and didn't even last a full page.

Please, if anyone else is into making music of any sorts and uses FL Studio as their DAW, start a thread about it so that we can have some cool discussions about making music and whatnot.

Dreaver

this was on his promo mix. dropped like more than a month ago.

Yeah it was, but I don't think we knew it would be the new single.

NeoGAF Off Topic needs a revived FL Studio thread. The last one was in 2009 or something and didn't even last a full page.

Please, if anyone else is into making music of any sorts and uses FL Studio as their DAW, start a thread about it so that we can have some cool discussions about making music and whatnot.

Yeah a FL studio thread would be great. I bought a digital controller last week and installed FL this week.

Yeah a FL studio thread would be great. I bought a digital controller last week and installed FL this week.
Are you me?

I'm in the EXACT same position. Just bought myself a Novation Twitch and installed FL Studio not two weeks ago. Been messing around with it at a friends house for a while now, though.

Top Bottom