• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

cdyhybrid

Gonna be in Vegas Labor Day weekend. Kaskade, Benny Benassi, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Afrojack, Guetta, Steve Angelo, Martin Solveig, Paul van Dyk, Nicky Romero all going to be DJing the nights I'm there.

cdyhybrid

GoGoGoGoGo

I want to, but we're going for two of my friends' birthdays, and neither are huge EDM fans. Although I can't imagine us not going clubbing, and pretty much every club is going to be EDM that weekend. I want Kaskade or PVD, the girlfriend of one of the birthday guys is a gigantic Kaskade stan. We'll see what happens!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be in Vegas Labor Day weekend. Kaskade, Benny Benassi, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Afrojack, Guetta, Steve Angelo, Martin Solveig, Paul van Dyk, Nicky Romero all going to be DJing the nights I'm there.

I can't imagine Eric Prydz won't be doing something for Labor Day Weekend. If you don't see him I will be outraged.

Alrus

I cant even imagine what it's like there. so far this summer I went to summer camp and electric forest. the forest was one of the best weekends of my life. that place is just incredible. ive still got summer set and north coast left this summer so those should be dope but none of them get as close to the amount of people that hit up tomorrowland.

It's one of the most amazing festival I've been to, everyone is really friendly, the whole place really feels like a Theme Park and the lineup is crazy. Last year were some of the best three days I've spent. Place is gigantic though, sometimes choosing between two sets is really hard.

Only managed to get tickets for two days this year unfortunately (and no camping which is a major bummer, since it's a huge part of the fun), still really excited to see what the mainstage looks like this year :)

Hey guys, been a while. Went away for a couple of days. I just wanted to know if any of you were into deep house or jackin' house/fidget. I recently picked up on a few of Nick Hannam's songs and they're awesome. So if anyone knows of any deep house/fidget/jackin' house songs or artists please let me know.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very much into deep house. Last night actually I bought a bunch of stuff that I'd recommend:

Nora En Pure - Come With Me EP
Really good EP with three deep house tracks that have a slight nu-disco edge to them.

Anjunadeep 05
This is a fantastic compilation album with some truly stunning tracks. I'm still working through it but I am extremely impressed by the level of quality on show so far.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, dude. Appreciate the suggestions. I have a cool track for you to listen to (that you've probably heard)

Dusky - Nobody Else [YOUTUBE]
Dusky - Nobody Else [BEATPOR]
Just posted both in case you go straight to Beaport on your tracks. Awesome deep house song. Though Dusky has gone rather commercial with his music.

I haven't actually heard this track before, thanks for posting. Just realized this is on the Anjunadeep 05 album lol.

The EP/album I bought yesterday I actually got off iTunes. For whatever reason their offerings are cheaper and contain more tracks (bonus tracks). I'll only buy from Beatport if there are no alternatives, since iTunes and Google Play are usually better deals.

Prydz, for example, only releases his tracks on Beatport (i.e., I couldn't get Layers or Rotonda on iTunes). I did buy his Eric Prydz Presents Pryda album off Google Play though.

That album is dope by the way, and all of you should check it out if you like Pryda's sound.

Edit: As a teaser, here's one of my favorite tracks off the Anjunadeep 05 album:

Davi - The Bay 6

Eh, here have one more:

Andrew Bayer & James Grant - Living

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh snap, Carl Cox dropping On/Off by Cirez D.

In other news, my friend got me free VIP tickets to see EDX tonight at Pacha NYC. Really excited, haven't seen this guy live yet, but I absolutely adore his music.

Aomber

Oh hey I didn't realize there was a thread for this, sick

Tomorrowland is amazing, great sets. I'm discussing going down to Georgia for TomorrowWorld in September for my birthday, I'm turning 21 so it's appropriate since the event is 21+. On top of that I'm also seeing Zedd, Krewella, Flux Pavillion, and MAYBE Nicky Romero, all just in September/October (I def wanna see him, just dunno the details yet). Four concerts + TomorrowWorld would be absolutely insane. Gonna be a great season :D

Edit: Yeah Fedde was awesome too. I saw him at a small little venue with maybe 200 people in March, it was so sick haha.

Oh hey I didn't realize there was a thread for this, sick

Tomorrowland is amazing, great sets. I'm discussing going down to Georgia for TomorrowWorld in September for my birthday, I'm turning 21 so it's appropriate since the event is 21+. On top of that I'm also seeing Zedd, Krewella, Flux Pavillion, and MAYBE Nicky Romero, all just in September/October (I def wanna see him, just dunno the details yet). Four concerts + TomorrowWorld would be absolutely insane. Gonna be a great season :D

Edit: Yeah Fedde was awesome too. I saw him at a small little venue with maybe 200 people in March, it was so sick haha.

You're lucky, I turn 21 two weeks AFTER TomorrowWorld :/

Aomber

Wow that really sucks, no worries there's always next year. I almost decided not to go because it's in the middle of the semester but I decided I needed a memorable 21st birthday and I also didn't realize they have one-day tickets not just the 3 day passes. Might still do 3 day but I want to at least go for a day. Probably will go Saturday if I do which is 70 artists on that day alone so I can't complain regardless.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Haha I was gonna go with my brother but he turns 21 a few weeks after TomorrowWorld as well.

It's cool though, he's coming down to NYC for Electric Zoo next month.

BTW did anyone catch the Tiesto set on the livestream? He had a nice little old-school trance moment, with Adagio for Strings and another song I didn't recognize.

Listening to Sandro Silva set right now, Sandro Silva & Quintino - Epic (Angger Dimas Edit)

ij3du4m.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
That looks incredible.

The video stream has been appalling and I haven't been able to get the audio streams to work. Guess I'll be catching the delayed sets on mp3 at some point.

Alrus

Just got back, missed over half of Armin Van Buuren set because of insane rain (friend was scared her car was going to be stuck in the mud for the night and other friend was freezing so we called it a night).

Tiesto was great, so was Sebastian Ingrosso. Didn't really enjoy Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike much but most people said they found the set amazing so maybe I have bad taste. Hardwell was amazing, Axwell was good and Avicii was much much better than the last time I saw him.

All in all those were 2 amazing days, wish I had a 3 days pass :(

Oh and Slash made a guest appearance during Chuckie's set, that was pretty mind blowing.

dvdjamm

Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike,who actually brought out their parents and grandparents near the end of their set were really good...I wish I could have seen all of Tiesto,Eric Prydz and Armin. Next year they need to stream whole sets and not 5-10 minute clips

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sander van Doorn finally uploads Neon to his Soundcloud:

Sander van Doorn - Neon

This is one of my favorite tracks from this summer.

New Gareth Emery podcast:

The Gareth Emery Podcast: Episode 245

Marcus Schossow - Reverie [Axtone]
Arty feat. Fiora - Take Me Away (Grand Finale) [Ministry Of Sound]
Arches - Be This Way (Alex Sonata Remix) [Transmission]
Mike Hawkins, Pablo Oliveros, Henry Fong - Jump! [Hysteria]
Tiësto feat. Nari & Milani - Move To The Rhythm [Musical Freedom]
Marco V - Automanual (Artento Divini Remix) [CDR]
Marco V vs Alex Guesta & Stefano Pain - Quake [Revealed]
Judge Jules feat. Christina Novelli - Collide (Solis & Sean Truby Remix) [Vandit]
Mauro Picotto - Lizard (Solis & Sean Truby Ibiza Mix) [CDR]
Luke Bond feat. Stephey - Holding On [Garuda]
Andy Duguid and Audrey Gallagher - In This Moment [Magic Muzik]
BT & Aqualung - Surrounded (Super8 & Tab Remix) [Armada]
Juventa feat. Erica Curran - Move Into Light [Enhanced]
Justin Oh feat. Remus - Getting Over You (eSQUIRE Remx) [Perfecto]
Ronski Speed feat. Lucy Saunders - Rise Again (Maor Levi Remix) [Euphonic]
Froxic - Shock Therapy [Plasmapool]

Honestly though I haven't been able to stop listening to Anjunadeep 05. Some seriously good shit on this album.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

LOL. The thread title is quite apt.

Group Therapy #038 with Above & Beyond

1. Tom Swoon "Wings" [Myon & Shane 54 Summer of Love Mix] (Ultra)
2. LTN "City of Lights" (Ride)
3. Keyworth "Chameleon" [Kylexi Bootleg] (Breakfast Exclusive)

Record of the Week

4. Mat Zo feat. Chuck D "Pyramid Scheme" (Anjunabeats/Astralwerks)

5. Fon.Leman "Lynx Eye" [Jaytech Remix] (Intricate)
6. BT & Aqualung "Surrounded" [Super8 & Tab Remix] (Armada)
7. London Grammar "Hey Now" [Arty Remix] (CDR)
8. Jallen "Bermuda" [Sedi Remix] (Elliptical Sun)
9. Bruno Mars "Treasure" [Audien Dub] (Atlantic)
10. Placebo "Running Up That Hill" [Jerome Isma-Ae Bootleg] (CDR)
11. Jimi J "Dvoloka" [Roddy Reynaert Cognitive Remix] (iFonika)
12. Above & Beyond "Alchemy" [Jody Wisternoff Remix] (Anjunadeep 05)

Push The Button

13. Boom Jinx, Maor Levi & Ashley Tomberlin "When You Loved Me" [Juventa vs. Toby Hedges Remix] (Anjunabeats)

14. Ronski Speed feat. Lucy Saunders "Rise Again" [Maor Levi Remix] (Euphonic)
15. Andrew Bayer & James Grant "Living" (Anjunadeep 05)
16. Outlook "Away With Me" [Turismo Remix] (Macarize)
17. Andrew Bayer "Need Your Love" (Anjunabeats)

Flashback

18. Luminary "Amsterdam" [Smith & Pledger Remix] (Anjunabeats)

Matt Fax Guest Mix

1. Matt Fax "Evening Paris Highway" (Arrival)
2. Reimu "Wonderland" [Matt Fax Remix] (CDR)
3. Matt Fax "Orion" (CDR)
4. Matt Fax "Untitled" (CDR)
5. Matt Fax "Point 9" (Arrival)
6. Arno Cost, Arias "Magenta" [Matt Fax Private Edit] / Robin S "Show Me Love" (Acapella) (CDR)
7. Jaytech feat. Nathan Grainger "Labour of Love" [Matt Fax Remix] (Anjunabeats)

Tiesto Club Life Episode 330

Smallpools - Dreaming (The Chainsmokers Remix)
Bass King vs. X-Vertigo feat. Golden Sun - Kings
Tiësto, Mark Alston, Baggi Begovic & Jason Taylor ft. Teddy Geiger - Love And Run
3LAU, Paris & Simo feat. Bright Lights - Escape
Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - Magnet
Clockwork feat. Wynter Gordon - Surge (Mix Show Edit)
Patrick Hagenaar feat Moises Modesto – My Love
Sander van Doorn - Neon
Tiësto & DJ Punish vs. Krewella - Alive Shocker (Jean Duran Mash-up)
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - CHATTAHOOCHEE (Tomorrowland 2013 Anthem)
Tiësto & MOTi - Back To The Acid
Fedde Le Grand & Nikki Williams vs. Martin Garrix - Glowing Animals (Christopher Ramirez & Israel Torres Mashup)

Top Bottom