• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Ferr986

I hope everyone's tuned in to Coldharbour Day 2013 on AH.FM

Afterhours.FM_Coldharbour_Day_30-07-2013.jpg

Schulz just finished, on to Rex Mundi now!

Gonna miss it, but I'll catch it tomorrow. Looking forward especially for Schulz, Khomha, Elevation and Beat Service sets!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
A few more Electric Zoo afterparties have been announced, in addition to the initial Mark Knight one. Also Green Velvet was just added to the Saturday lineup for EZoo.

083013output.jpg

083113output.jpg

090113output.jpg

090113pacha.jpg

the_jiggler

Neo Member
Watching Tiesto play adagio for strings just makes me happy. Tiesto himself looks the happiest he has ever been and the crowd gets to experience one of the best songs ever and one of the best festivals ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbd5YBxVJys

If I am ever at a festival that has Tiesto playing a set, I will for sure be going just to make sure I don't miss him playing this song. I figured he retired the song from his sets but I hope he starts playing it again.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Tiesto play adagio for strings just makes me happy. Tiesto himself looks the happiest he has ever been and the crowd gets to experience one of the best songs ever and one of the best festivals ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbd5YBxVJys

If I am ever at a festival that has Tiesto playing a set, I will for sure be going just to make sure I don't miss him playing this song. I figured he retired the song from his sets but I hope he starts playing it again.

The first festival I ever went to was Electric Zoo 2011, and on the first night Tiesto was headlining and he played Adagio for Strings. I didn't know much about EDM back then but even I went nuts when he played that song.

This is a really good Spotify playlist for Nu Disco, if anyone is interested:

http://open.spotify.com/user/sonymusicentertainment/playlist/6Rkv5tP6dDLtU6hvjyyt30

Some awesome tracks I discovered through this playlist:

Robosonic & Adana Twins - La Fique

Oliver - Night Is On My Mind

Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans (RAC Remix)

Aomber

I didn't see any other threads about this on GAF so I figured I'd ask in this thread - does anyone else here produce electronic music?

I've been doing it for a couple of years now, although I only started getting really serious about it this summer. I basically do it every chance I get, I don't even really play video games anymore because I just wanna spend all my time making music. Nothing makes me feel better. I went to music school for a while with the intention of major in electronic production but I didn't like the direction of the college - it didn't help me for my needs, thus I dropped out and I now go to a standard big university majoring in something slightly more useful :p. But I do it a ton in my free time and plan on continuing even when the year resumes in a few weeks.

My main problem is being satisfied enough with my tracks to show people since all my friends always ask me but I'm shy about it. I guess I just know what sounds good having listened to endless hours of electronic music, and I don't feel like what I've done is good enough yet to show to the world.

jambo

He still plays some trance in the tail end of his sets, mostly his own stuff.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see any other threads about this on GAF so I figured I'd ask in this thread - does anyone else here produce electronic music?

I've been doing it for a couple of years now, although I only started getting really serious about it this summer. I basically do it every chance I get, I don't even really play video games anymore because I just wanna spend all my time making music. Nothing makes me feel better. I went to music school for a while with the intention of major in electronic production but I didn't like the direction of the college - it didn't help me for my needs, thus I dropped out and I now go to a standard big university majoring in something slightly more useful :p. But I do it a ton in my free time and plan on continuing even when the year resumes in a few weeks.

My main problem is being satisfied enough with my tracks to show people since all my friends always ask me but I'm shy about it. I guess I just know what sounds good having listened to endless hours of electronic music, and I don't feel like what I've done is good enough yet to show to the world.

I wish I could produce music. Sadly, my skills go about as far as turning on crossfade in iTunes and lining up tracks lol. I kinda wanna learn, but then again I don't really have the time.

vikki

Make a soundcloud and post some stuff. Even if you don't fel it is up to snuff you can still post it and possibly get some suggestions from other producers.

This thread should be able to help you a little bit, you could ask them for some advice on your music.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639898&highlight=ep

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
International Departures with Myon and Shane 54 Episode 191

1. Juventa feat Erica Curran - Move Into Light
2. Hardwell & Amba Sheperd vs Marcus Schossow - Apollo Reverie
3. Arty feat Fiora - Take Me Away (Grand Finale)
Back by Demand
4. Tom Swoon feat Taylr Renee - Wings (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)
5. Gabriel & Dresden feat Neil Ormandy - Tomorrow Comes
6. Ronski Speed feat Lucy Saunders - Rise Again (Maor Levi Remix)
7. Adrian Lux - Damaged (Marcus Schossow Ibiza Love Remix)
8. Inpetto - Girls & Boys
Track of the Moment
9. Aruna - Reason To Believe
World Premiere
10. Daft Punk - One More Time (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)
11. Mat Zo - Pyramid Scheme
12. Rivaz & Benny Benassi feat Heather Bright - Tell Me Twice (Simon De Jano Mix)
Blast from the Past
13. Jussi Polet feat Josie Dale - Postive (Supermodels From Paris Remix)

Recently discovered this podcast, very high quality stuff.

Aomber

I wish I could produce music. Sadly, my skills go about as far as turning on crossfade in iTunes and lining up tracks lol. I kinda wanna learn, but then again I don't really have the time.
Yeah I'm trying to give it as much time as I possibly can while I'm still young. I mean I am in college but I also have a good amount of free time so I'm trying to take advantage of that while I can. It does take a lot of time though, you're right.
Make a soundcloud and post some stuff. Even if you don't fel it is up to snuff you can still post it and possibly get some suggestions from other producers.

This thread should be able to help you a little bit, you could ask them for some advice on your music.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639898&highlight=ep
I may consider doing this, thanks for the link

Aomber

Isn't allure just an alias of Tiesto? He made this song with himself I guess.
Doesn't Tiesto have ghost producers anyway? I might be wrong about that but that's what I've heard previously [Edit: Looks like it's just rumors from further research]

But yeah that is weird

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiësto

Also known as Da Joker, DJ Limited, DJ Tiësto, Allure, Drumfire, Handover Circuit, Passenger, Roze, Stray Dog, Tom Ace, Wild Bunch

jambo

Allure was the alias for a poject that was mostly just Tiesto, but a couple of years ago when Tiesto left Blackhole Recordings he allowed other DJs to start using it.

It's mainly David van den Hurk these days.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if people are interested but I went ahead and created a room in plug.dj where we can all join and take turns playing songs. It's kind of like turntable.fm if you've ever used it. I'm in there right now if anyone wants to keep me company:

http://plug.dj/gaf-edm/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gat damn that is a killer lineup. I saw Wolf + Lamb this past weekend and they killed it; I would highly recommend them. I'm also surprised to see The Magician - he doesn't usually make appearances at festivals.

Fake edit: Holy shit I did not realize there are two nights of Prydz (Cirez D + Pryda). This lineup just skyrocketed to legendary status.

Fucking nuts I tell you, absolutely crazy. I swear he's always on drugs, too. When he played here he jumped around the entire time for two hours. I'm not even kidding, straightup jumping up and down for two straight hours.

Aomber

Fucking nuts I tell you, absolutely crazy. I swear he's always on drugs, too. When he played here he jumped around the entire time for two hours. I'm not even kidding, straightup jumping up and down for two straight hours.
Yeah it's pretty dumb, all he does is crowd surf and shit the entire "show". I still might go see him at tomorrow world just so I can see him slam somebody with a cake hahaha

I know you hear stacks of people saying this kind of thing, but: I really wanted to run a small start-up in my city with a friend. The basic idea is that we run a management business for local DJ's (which there seems to be an abundance of). So we manage their bookings, social media and content. I've already been personally asked to manage a DJ or two because of my (small) affiliation with quite a few event companies in my city. I just wondered if AM Management sounded like a good name for that sort of thing? I know that A&M Records exists as a subsidiary for Universal but I don't think AM Management would infringe on any copyright. Let me know what you guys think.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I know you hear stacks of people saying this kind of thing, but: I really wanted to run a small start-up in my city with a friend. The basic idea is that we run a management business for local DJ's (which there seems to be an abundance of). So we manage their bookings, social media and content. I've already been personally asked to manage a DJ or two because of my (small) affiliation with quite a few event companies in my city. I just wondered if AM Management sounded like a good name for that sort of thing? I know that A&M Records exists as a subsidiary for Universal but I don't think AM Management would infringe on any copyright. Let me know what you guys think.

Honestly I'm not really well versed in law to talk to you about this issue. May be worth checking the laws in South Africa since that is what matters to you most.

Nemesis_

So I discovered this immaculate album. It's more or less an ambient / relaxation / chillout album but it's so soothing. My productivity almost increases tenfold when I have this playing.

I really love it.

jambo

So I discovered this immaculate album. It's more or less an ambient / relaxation / chillout album but it's so soothing. My productivity almost increases tenfold when I have this playing.

I really love it.

OceanLab is still my favourite A&B thing. I wish they'd go back to that sound and away from their current crap trouse bollocks.

Also, grab the remix album if you can find it!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I really love it.

Hmm, I've always loved Oceanlab but I didn't realize they had an album. I will definitely check this out, thanks.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I really love it.

Listened to some of this album, really great stuff. Very relaxing and great to play in the background when you're trying to focus on getting work done. If you liked that you may enjoy this:

b8.jpg

This is far and away my favorite "chillout" album. Disc 1 is an absolute stunner, with track after track of pure excellence. It's very airy, very surreal, very ethereal. I have listened to this album in many situations - when I need to work efficiently, when I'm sad and need to vibe with some music to get my spirits up, when I'm tired and want to unwind, and in intense romantic/sexual encounters. Highly recommended.

vikki

Listened to some of this album, really great stuff. Very relaxing and great to play in the background when you're trying to focus on getting work done. If you liked that you may enjoy this:

b8.jpg

This is far and away my favorite "chillout" album. Disc 1 is an absolute stunner, with track after track of pure excellence. It's very airy, very surreal, very ethereal. I have listened to this album in many situations - when I need to work efficiently, when I'm sad and need to vibe with some music to get my spirits up, when I'm tired and want to unwind, and in intense romantic/sexual encounters. Highly recommended.

I can't do music while doing the deed. I've tried it and it is just too weird for me. What are your favorite songs off that album, I may want to check 'em out. I wouldn't say I listen to chill out often, but I do like some ambient tracks bordering on chill out, but most of the tracks i like lack that super tight snare hit. You know the one i'm talking about.

Top Bottom