• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

but play this at a huge festival with a booming crowd, and magic happens
Oh no doubt I just mean its so old seeing these kinda songs in the beatport top 10 all the time and they're incredibly easy to produce. Like I said they have their place and they're awesome at festivals and stuff

mr stroke

BPM 2014 Dates have been announced for 2014

YnxqtIs.jpg

2013's line up

lIJFyvL.jpg

Cancun+Cheap beer+Tacos+9 days of non stop parties on the beach/clubs.

Aomber

You guys are gonna like this one. So I was at a party last night and I was chatting with this guy I just met. Martin Garrix - Animals came on and I brought up that he was 17 and it was cool that a 17 year old made that.

He then proceeds to reply with, "oh DUBSTEP that's not hard to make you just download a software and press some buttons and you're good."

Too many reasons why this is so wrong. I wanted to slap him

Nemesis_

You guys are gonna like this one. So I was at a party last night and I was chatting with this guy I just met. Martin Garrix - Animals came on and I brought up that he was 17 and it was cool that a 17 year old made that.

He then proceeds to reply with, "oh DUBSTEP that's not hard to make you just download a software and press some buttons and you're good."

Too many reasons why this is so wrong. I wanted to slap him

I hate dubstep but man what the fuck is wrong with people

I've tried my hand at dubstep. I wish it were that easy.
This.

Dubstep is hard as fuck to make. That's why I don't necessarily like the style of music that Skrillex produces but you really have to appreciate the Electro/Dubstep sounds that he manages to conjure up. Without pissing too many people off, I'd think that deep house/minimal/tech are some of the easiest to produce.

Don't kill me, pls.

Ovid

This.

Dubstep is hard as fuck to make. That's why I don't necessarily like the style of music that Skrillex produces but you really have to appreciate the Electro/Dubstep sounds that he manages to conjure up. Without pissing too many people off, I'd think that deep house/minimal/tech are some of the easiest to produce.

Don't kill me, pls.
Skrillex is brostep not dubstep.

Deadly

Armin is coming to Montreal but my friends are too cheap to go :( Granted it is like 90$ but....Armin :( At least we're going to check out Above & Beyond and maybe Gareth Emery

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
doc martin. lawwwwwwwwwwwwwd.

hi ilnadmy

lol sup bro

Just got back from a week in Mykonos. My god, the amount of alcohol and music and partying that I just witnessed is unreal. My musical highlight was seeing Roger Sanchez play a set that went until 7am, at an open air club that rested on a cliff overlooking the Aegean sea. Damn son. I also learned that Italian girls love electronic music and love to party. Win-win.

Anyway Electric Zoo in 3 days. SO PSYCHED!!! Who else is going?

the_jiggler

Neo Member
This.

Don't kill me, pls.

Making proper deep/minimal/tech house is actually much harder than one would think. Keeping your sounds simplistic while keeping the mix interesting is very hard. They might be less difficult in musical concept, but the technical side of production is still very hard.

Aomber

Skrillex is brostep not dubstep.

I never understand this because brostep is a version of dubstep

I hate dubstep but man what the fuck is wrong with people
I'm not a fan either but I found it funny not only because he was an idiot for thinking it was easy but because my buddy and I were talking about how some people honestly think dubstep is all EDM, such is the case in this scenario since Animals obviously isn't a dubstep song haha

jambo

Armin is coming to Montreal but my friends are too cheap to go :( Granted it is like 90$ but....Armin :( At least we're going to check out Above & Beyond and maybe Gareth Emery

I haven't been a huge fan of the direction Armin's taken in the last few years, but his Armin Only New Years Eve show in Melbourne back in 2010 was amazing. 9 hours of amazing trance with 20,000 people. One of the greatest gigs I've ever been to.

Deadly

I haven't been a huge fan of the direction Armin's taken in the last few years, but his Armin Only New Years Eve show in Melbourne back in 2010 was amazing. 9 hours of amazing trance with 20,000 people. One of the greatest gigs I've ever been to.
Yeah his older stuff is easily better.

the_jiggler

Neo Member
Welp some 19 year old kid died of drug overdose at a Zedd concert at HoB.

http://www.edmtunes.com/2013/08/opening-night-zedds-moment-clarity-tour-ends-tragedy/

Very tragic, but man, kids these days... lol.

BUY TEST KITS, AND DON'T DROP TRIPLE STACKS LIKE AN IDIOT!

It's like lifting weights, you don't start out lifting what the body builders lift. You have to build muscle and increase over time. Sadly, this poor person and many others die because they don't know their limits yet. Now that these events are just getting bigger and bigger, younger and inexperienced users need to be educated about how to handle themselves better.

cdyhybrid

BUY TEST KITS, AND DON'T DROP TRIPLE STACKS LIKE AN IDIOT!

It's like lifting weights, you don't start out lifting what the body builders lift. You have to build muscle and increase over time. Sadly, this poor person and many others die because they don't know their limits yet. Now that these events are just getting bigger and bigger, younger and inexperienced users need to be educated about how to handle themselves better.

+1

Someone died at Paradiso and a lot had to go to the hospital, but the heat contributed to it too. I wouldn't even take anything unless someone I trust is vouching for it. Fuck popping a pill you bought off someone in the parking lot.

Top Bottom