• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Toothpick

I didn't see anyone post anything about the HARD Summer lineup?

Here's this years trailer check it out

hsmf14_960x320-1.jpg

This lineup man, I will be so happy if i have some extra cash when August rolls around.
It'd be nice to see Tiesto (although I just saw him EDC last year), but if I can only choose one day it's going to be Saturday for Jack U.
I rarely go to HARD events but this got my attention

Cagey

Banned
Old news I'm afraid :(

I've had my share of troubles like everyone, but today was the worst. Got offered seats in upper bowl eventually to side of the stage rofl. Can't see shit.

Wrestlemania in NYC was easier than this.

I'd rather pay a second-market premium and get what I want (seat, floor w/e) than get garbage.

k3yring

Nothing but search errors thus far for the ABGT100 presale. Ticketmaster is the worst.

While I hate Ticketmaster as much as the rest I actually had zero issues today while I didn't get West floor I did manage to get East floor after about 4 searches.
Today went much smoother than trying to get a ticket for Ultra last year though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I managed to snag East floor tickets today on my second search. My friend managed to do the same as well. It went pretty smoothly compared to previous concerts I've tried to buy tickets for.

Ashhong

Man, fuck you guys in New York. Got epic ASOT last year and now ABGT. At least LA gets Armin Only in 1 FUCKING WEEK!!!!!

Also, anybody listen to Seven Lions EP yet? Holy shit it's so good. Love his song with Ellie Goulding. Dat dropppppp. Just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlbCjNCDn4

When did we get moved to community? Nobody gonna see this now lol

Aomber

Cagey

Banned
Grabbed some row 7 lower bowl seats for ABGT100 in the Garden.

Any chance anyone here has gone to MSG for Armin and didn't have GA floor tickets? How's the view, vibe, etc?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Kaskade and ASOT in MSG in the 100 level or 200 level (whichever level is close to the floor but not quite the floor). It was pretty fun, although I obviously wished I was on the floor. Definitely enjoyable and worth it though.

mr stroke

Pasquale Rotella
Headliners,

A small but vocal percentage of you have been demanding the EDCLV lineup announcement, so I wanted to share my thoughts with you.

One of my goals in life has always been to give back what I was lucky enough to receive from the early 90’s Los Angeles underground scene: A safe place to escape, be happy and express myself through music, art and dance. A place where my spirit soared and became one with everyone around me. A place where I felt like I’d been touched by sacred energy. I strive for EDC and all of our events to be one of these places.

When I was first exploring dance culture, we didn’t have all of the genres we do now. There was house and there was what we used to call techno, and it was all played on one stage. Many times the DJs, their turntables, and the speaker stacks were on the same ground that served as the dancefloor for tens of thousands of people. Most of the DJs were local and a small handful of them were also producers. Oftentimes we wouldn’t know who was playing until we got to the spot, but it didn’t matter because we knew it was going to be off the hook. If our favorite DJ was playing the party, it was a bonus. But that’s what it was—a party. It wasn’t a concert, and we never treated it that way.

Now you might be thinking, “Man, he’s too old school and out of touch.” I know times have changed, but I’m always going to do my best to keep the roots of this culture alive. Everything moves forward and evolves, from musical genres to technology, and I’m very passionate about innovation and discovery. But one thing has never changed: A good time is what you make of it.

I’m a big fan of certain DJs and producers, but even though I enjoy seeing them perform, it’s all about the collective energy and positive vibes that come from the overall experience. Besides, all the amazing DJs and producers who have graced our stages—whether they’re world famous or a lesser-known local talent—have never failed to put on an unforgettable show. House, techno, trance, drum 'n' bass, trap, breaks, dubstep, hardstyle or anything in between, we always have a little something for everyone.

We strive for our events to be distinct from concerts and festivals. There are plenty of those in the world already.

We want to create something truly different; a colorblind world of make-believe. A place free of judgment where you can wear whatever you want, dance however you feel, and just be present. We want to take you on an adventure to places you've never been, and we hope that you take a piece of the world we create together back into your daily life.

In recent years, a lot of new and beautiful people have discovered the culture, and many of them are conditioned to have the kind of front-facing musical response you find at a rock, pop or hip-hop concert. But this is different. This is dance music. I need to stay true to my heart because my heart is what's gotten us here.

Rest assured, our amazing team of owls is working night and day to make sure all of the EDC details are on point. We will announce the lineup onMay 27th, but until then keep those positive vibes flowing, and focus your excitement on what you are going to experience and how you are going to make this year’s event special for you and your friends. This is a celebration, not a concert. Just because dance music has broken through to the mainstream doesn’t mean we need to play by those rules or subscribe to that way of thinking. It’s what I learned as a fan, and it’s been my touchstone since I started Insomniac. It’s also what’s added so much joy and happiness to my life, and I’m going to hold that torch for as long as I can with the hope that it brings joy and happiness to you, too

go fuck you're self Insomniac.

Some of us paid good money to listen to music, not to take Molly and wear candy beads :\

Sai-kun

Banned
Man, fuck you guys in New York. Got epic ASOT last year and now ABGT. At least LA gets Armin Only in 1 FUCKING WEEK!!!!!

Also, anybody listen to Seven Lions EP yet? Holy shit it's so good. Love his song with Ellie Goulding. Dat dropppppp. Just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlbCjNCDn4

When did we get moved to community? Nobody gonna see this now lol

Ellie's voice is so perfect for anything EDM. But the Myon & Shane/Tove Lo track is still the best thing on the album.

Aomber

go fuck you're self Insomniac.

Some of us paid good money to listen to music, not to take Molly and wear candy beads :\

That's absolutely ridiculous. Considering that TomorrowWorld has already released a huge chunk of their line up and that's not until September, I have an issue with Insomniac still not revealing it.

mr stroke

That's absolutely ridiculous. Considering that TomorrowWorld has already released a huge chunk of their line up and that's not until September, I have an issue with Insomniac still not revealing it.

Its a huge "fuck you" to all the people that spent hundreds of dollars on airfare/tickets/hotel etc that want to listen to music. Obviously the kids don't care(going by the majority of Facebook comments)

Whats really going on is- Insomniac is trying to hide the fact that they don't want to effect the EDC NYC/EDC U.K. ticket sales(which are not sold out yet)

Aomber

SPEAKING OF FESTIVALS... Guys. Mysteryland in 2 1/2 weeks. First festival on the original woodstock grounds since 1969

guys

srsly guys

srsly

I AM TOO PUMPED

Ashhong

ARMIN FUCKING ONLY TONIGHT!!

Edit: oops this isn't the trance thread..oh well. After 3 years since the fucked up monster massive armin only promise I finally get my armin only. Be jealous people :)

mr stroke

SPEAKING OF FESTIVALS... Guys. Mysteryland in 2 1/2 weeks. First festival on the original woodstock grounds since 1969

guys

srsly guys

srsly

I AM TOO PUMPED

DAT Techno Line up :eek:

ip0xxvl.jpg

Wish I lived on the east cost for this one, that location is fucking bonkers, Plus traditional MysteryLand production, should be so sick. Just look at the FUCKING CASTLE

ESzaEmo.jpg

Aomber

Oh yeah also I thought this one would make you guys laugh. My cousin and his fiance are tagging along for Tomorrowland. I emailed him the lineup the day it was released, and he replies, "I only recognize about five bands but it should be awesome!"

"I only recognize about five bands"

"Recognize about five bands"

"five bands"

"bands"

I have a feeling they don't know what they're in for hahahahahahaha

VoxPop

New to the edm scene. Friends are dragging me to EDC this year so I thought I could maybe be at least a little more knowledgeable. Anyone got a Spotify Playlist they recommend?

cdyhybrid

New to the edm scene. Friends are dragging me to EDC this year so I thought I could maybe be at least a little more knowledgeable. Anyone got a Spotify Playlist they recommend?

I'd tell you to just check the lineup and look up the artists on Spotify...but, well...they haven't released it yet :p

Edit: Actually, you could try watching the video of Ultra Music Festival sets from March on YouTube. I bet a lot of those guys will be at EDC, and it's a similar giant festival atmosphere.

t0rment

I'd also recommend ultra sets, plus spotify has a Fresh Dance musics playlist on the discover page that contains some nice and new songs.

VoxPop

I'd tell you to just check the lineup and look up the artists on Spotify...but, well...they haven't released it yet :p

Edit: Actually, you could try watching the video of Ultra Music Festival sets from March on YouTube. I bet a lot of those guys will be at EDC, and it's a similar giant festival atmosphere.

t0rment said:
I'd also recommend ultra sets, plus spotify has a Fresh Dance musics playlist on the discover page that contains some nice and new songs.

Thanks! Ill check those out :)

cdyhybrid

Anything and everything. But generally lean towards pop/hip hop. I was in Asia last winter and their house scene was pretty awesome which kinda got me into it initially.

I see. Could start off with Zedd, since his big hits get play in pop spheres. Calvin Harris, too. Maybe Kaskade after that.

As far as hip hop influenced stuff, could try Diplo, DJ Snake, Dillon Francis (hip hop/dancehall), Baauer.

Top Bottom