• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

jambo

2zgzlYZ.jpg

So gutted he isn't coming to my city =[

I'm looking at flights now, but it might just get too costly in the end...

Aomber

Wasup guys I'm in the UK right now getting hyped for DAT FUCKING TOMORROWLAND =D leaving for Brussels on Friday morning

Aomber

Just curious where are you coming from and how much it cost you (or expected) for the trip.

I kind of want to do Tomorrowland as my last big one.

To be honest, very little relatively. About $1000.

I flew from Boston but the thing is my dad travels a lot for free through his job & never uses his flight points (which he gets free for flying for free lawl), so occasionally I get them thrown my way, so it really just costs the same as any other three day festival.

If I had bought the flight myself though it would have added another $1000. Depending on where you come from expect to pay $2-3k for everything. The best idea really is to make it a Europe trip and go to at least one or two other places, would make it more worth it even though it would be more money.

To be honest, very little relatively. About $1000.

I flew from Boston but the thing is my dad travels a lot for free through his job & never uses his flight points (which he gets free for flying for free lawl), so occasionally I get them thrown my way, so it really just costs the same as any other three day festival.

If I had bought the flight myself though it would have added another $1000. Depending on where you come from expect to pay $2-3k for everything. The best idea really is to make it a Europe trip and go to at least one or two other places, would make it more worth it even though it would be more money.

That's not bad at all. I was thinking like 3-5 for some reason.. I don't know I've never been to Europe. I mean with the amount I normally spend in Vegas I can totally do Tomorrow Land. I just now need to get my crew to also go... this is the hard part.

Wasup guys I'm in the UK right now getting hyped for DAT FUCKING TOMORROWLAND =D leaving for Brussels on Friday morning

Last day in work for me today, get the train down to London on Thursday morning then get the Global Journey Eurostar to Belgium. Today is going to drag.

Aomber

That's not bad at all. I was thinking like 3-5 for some reason.. I don't know I've never been to Europe. I mean with the amount I normally spend in Vegas I can totally do Tomorrow Land. I just now need to get my crew to also go... this is the hard part.
Yeah that was a big issue for me, I have some people I know in Europe so it was more manageable for them to go

Ferr986

Damn, so Jelly of everyone going to Tomorrowland.
Have fun guys! I'll be raving with all of you from my couch with the streams lol

Jarnet87

I went on the Tomorrowland website and it says it starts at 12h00-01h00, is that 12:00 PM (noon) local time? Living on the East Coast I'll be able to catch the first half of each before passing out lol, no way can I make it to 6 in the morning.

Aomber

I went on the Tomorrowland website and it says it starts at 12h00-01h00, is that 12:00 PM (noon) local time? Living on the East Coast I'll be able to catch the first half of each before passing out lol, no way can I make it to 6 in the morning.

Yes it starts at noon and goes until 1 AM.

Jarnet87

Had a brain fart. for some reason thought I was 6 hours ahead of Europe here on the east coast and that the festival would run from 6pm to 6 or 7 am my local time. Just realized my stupidity lol, least I'll be able to catch the stream now. 3 hours of Prdyz...

1394563669531.gif

tumblr_m9en10uqX41qit8aco3_500.gif

PraiseGodBernie.gif

Aomber

To all my friends here at EDM GAF, I'm afraid to inform you all that I am in critical condition... This is a very sudden turn of events, the cause of this is of course by no other than my hype for Tomorrowland as I wake up on this fine, beautiful day in London to travel to Brussels in Belgium. Having waited years to experience such madness, my body is physically incapable of handling such excitement. I am truly unsure if I am prepared for 3 days of what will inevitably be the craziest days of my life so far.

LET THE FUCKING MADNESS BEGIN :D

To all my friends here at EDM GAF, I'm afraid to inform you all that I am in critical condition... This is a very sudden turn of events, the cause of this is of course by no other than my hype for Tomorrowland as I wake up on this fine, beautiful day in London to travel to Brussels in Belgium. Having waited years to experience such madness, my body is physically incapable of handling such excitement. I am truly unsure if I am prepared for 3 days of what will inevitably be the craziest days of my life so far.

Haha enjoy the holy land. I talked with my friends about it and we all agree it's the holy land and the final stop so we will go one day.. just don't know when yet.

Sai-kun

Banned

Fuck dude, my heart stopped hahahaha. You fucker, have a fantastic time!

BeeDog

Wanted to dump this article here, quite a fun read:

http://wundergroundmusic.com/meryl-streep-to-play-tiesto-in-upcoming-edm-movie/

Hollywood heavyweight actress Meryl Streep is set to play Dutch dance star, Tiësto, in Richard Linklater’s upcoming EDM docu-drama Feel The Beat in what film buffs are calling “the most inspired piece of casting since Ben Affleck was cast as Batman”.

The movie, a passion project for music fan Linklater will chart the story of EDM’s rise in America through the often fractious, often homoerotic relationship between Streep’s character, Tiësto and fellow EDM leading lights, Paul Oakenfold and David Guetta – played by Michael Sheen and Rhys Ifans respectively.

:lol

Mistah

Well great just found myself to be going alone today to tomorrowland as I got into a discussion with a friend where I was also staying at in boom :/ got even kicked out at 3am

Just got back from Tomorrowland, wow just wow.

Prydz was good but on way too early, would have preferred him closing one of the nights rather than opening the day, most people would have missed the start of his set queueing to get in, I know I did.

Oh, and he totally wanted to go on for longer.

Aomber

Hey guys sorry I'm a few days late to this, I've been so busy in Belgium.

Reposting this from my Facebook

TOMORROWLAND - you were massive, you were beautiful, and you changed me. It took me a couple days to write this after soaking it in, but to put it simply, that was the best weekend of my life. Everything about that festival was phenomenal. I really tried to think of anything that I would have done differently, and I just could not. The crowd, diversity of people, diversity of music, the organization, the beauty, and the passion of the festival management and artists was huge. I can't emphasize enough how incredible of an experience it was. Nothing is perfect, but I couldn't imagine Tomorrowland being any better than it was.

On Friday night, the first night of the festival, I saw Armin Van Buuren close out the night. As an aspiring musician, I get a lot of feelings when I go to shows, but never have I choked up. Never has a music event done that for me in my life. The massive emotion coming from the beautiful music, and the feeling of being at such an incredible place in Belgium just completely overwhelmed me. Sharing that with my family and friends, as well as other people around me who were just as excited as I was to be there was a feeling like no other. I knew that a lot of the people around me shared that excitement, seeing how difficult it is to attend, whether that be the traveling or simply getting tickets to the show. I can assure you, there is a reason they call this the best crowd on the planet.

A year ago I attended TomorrowWorld near Atlanta, Georgia, and I said it is absolutely necessary for anybody remotely interested in electronic music to attend. I hold that statement even stronger today. Please do yourself a favor and make the effort to make it to this event - you will have one of the best times of your life.

Tomorrowland, thank you. I hope to see you again soon.

Anyway, to answer other peoples questions:

- I missed Prydz entirely unfortunately. I didn't get there until 3:30 or 4 and he ended at 3.

- I saw a bit of Markus, insane set. My buddy saw him for the whole 8 hours and said it was the best set he's ever experienced.

dvdjamm

Tomorrowland 2nd Weekend Stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7VVgaRFio

The coverage begins Friday at 7 p.m. local time (1 p.m. EDT) and lasts until 1 a.m. local time (7 p.m. EDT). Artists like Diplo, Martin Garrix, Armin van Buuren, and Avicii are set to hit the stage just on Friday night.

And the Tomorrowland 2014 lineup gets better as the weekend goes on. Live stream viewers can likely catch sets from Hardwell, Tiesto, and Kaskade on Saturday and performances by Steve Angello, David Guetta, and Steve Aoki on Sunday.

jambo

This is about to start on http://ah.fm

CEVdC0r.jpg

Times in US Pacific | US Eastern | UK | Central European Time beginning this Sunday

4pm PT | 7pm ET | 12am UK | 1am CET - Danilo Ercole
5pm PT | 8pm ET | 1am UK | 2am CET - M.I.K.E. Push
6pm PT | 9pm ET | 2am UK | 3am CET - Elevation
7pm PT | 10pm ET | 3am UK | 4am CET - Solid Stone
8pm PT | 11pm ET | 4am UK | 5am CET - Mike Saint-Jules
9pm PT | 12am ET | 5am UK | 6am CET - Alex M.O.R.P.H.
10pm PT | 1am ET | 6am UK | 7am CET - DNS Project
11pm PT | 2am ET | 7am UK | 8am CET - Digital X
12am PT | 3am ET | 8am UK | 9am CET - Styller
1am PT | 4am ET | 9am UK | 10am CET - Basil O'Glue
2am PT | 5am ET | 10am UK | 11am CET - Gai Barone
3am PT | 6am ET | 11am UK | 12pm CET - Tucandeo
4pm PT | 7am ET | 12pm UK | 1pm CET - Wellenrasuch
5pm PT | 8am ET | 1pm UK | 2pm CET - Mr. Pit
6am PT | 9am ET | 2pm UK | 3pm CET - Darren McNally (2 Hour All-Coldharbour Set)
8am PT | 11am ET | 4pm UK | 5pm CET - Beat Service
9am PT | 12pm ET | 5pm UK | 6pm CET - Markus Schulz (5 Hours)
2pm PT | 5pm ET | 10pm UK | 11pm CET - Rex Mundi
3pm PT | 6pm ET | 11pm UK | 12am CET - Nifra
4pm PT | 7pm ET | 12am UK | 1am CET - Purple Stories
5pm PT | 8pm ET | 1am UK | 2am CET - KhoMha
6pm PT | 9pm ET | 2am UK | 3am CET - Grube & Hovsepian (2 Hours)
8pm PT | 11pm ET | 4am UK | 5am CET - Omair Mirza
9pm PT | 12am ET | 5am UK | 6am CET - Aaron Camz
10pm PT | 1am ET | 6am UK | 7am CET - Aerofoil
11pm PT | 2am ET | 7am UK | 8am CET - DJ Tarkan
12am PT | 3am ET | 8am UK | 9am CET - Venom One
1am PT | 4am ET | 9am UK | 10am CET - Solis & Sean Truby
2am PT | 5am ET | 10am UK | 11am CET - Harry Square
3am PT | 6am ET | 11am UK | 12pm CET - Fisherman & Hawkins

Top Bottom