• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Wes

venison crêpe
I would just like to say I have been listening to The Knocks - Classic non stop for the past two weeks. It is utterly sublime. The RAC Mix is equally chill.

L1NETT

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Anyone going to tomorrow land brasil next year? Pre registered, and gonna buy my tickets in a few weeks.

Ive never been to brasil. But I went to tomorrow world 2013 and im beyond hyped to experience another first annual festival of this magnitude in another country.

Aomber

Anyone going to tomorrow land brasil next year? Pre registered, and gonna buy my tickets in a few weeks.

Ive never been to brasil. But I went to tomorrow world 2013 and im beyond hyped to experience another first annual festival of this magnitude in another country.

I would love to but it's impossible, it falls exactly on the dates when my final exams are

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Damn. I would convince my professors I need to take the exams early lol

I just hope I can get someone to go with me. But if not I'm still going. I'm sure ill make friends.

Aomber

Damn. I would convince my professors I need to take the exams early lol

I just hope I can get someone to go with me. But if not I'm still going. I'm sure ill make friends.

Yeah definitely go regardless you can meet people so easily, the community at the Tomorrow festivals is great, having been to both TL and TW.

But I'm okay with passing on TL Brazil anyway, I went to TW last year and TL this year, I kinda wanna try a different festival altogether. I think I might do EDC Vegas as my big hitter next year.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Id love to hit edc vegas or tw again next year but I can probably only afford one major festival.

More power to you.

t0rment

i'm going, i live in rio though lol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Deep House craving. What can fill it?

My new favorite podcast is the Deep House Cat Podcast, which has banging deep house every week. Definitely give it a shot. Here's one of my favorite mixes from the past few weeks:

Deep House Cat Show - In Vino Veritas Mix - ft. VerbundWest

Deep House Cat Show - In Vino Veritas Mix - ft. VerbundWest
01. Toky - Prayer For Love (Original Mix)
02. Milan Euringer & Tube Berger - Lovebreak (in.deed Remix)
03. Oliver Koletzki - feat. NÖRD - After All (Kellerkind Remix)
04. Aaron - Feeling This (Original Mix)
05. Teenage Mutants & Purple Disco Mashine - The Path (Original Mix)
06. Calippo - Need a friend (Original Mix)
07. Marvin Gaye - The Grapevine (Brejo Remix)
08. Roberto Palmero - This No (Original Mix)
09. Betoko - U Got 2 (Original Mix)
10. Croatia Squad - What Can You Do (Original Mix)
11. Verbund West - The Place (Original Mix)

Aomber

So I'm back at college but I'm considering making the five hour drive back home to Boston next weekend to see Madeon, since unfortunately EZoo is looking unlikely, and let's just say my weekends aren't looking so hot here at the moment.

Wynnebeck

Banned
nothing against it, but deep house makes me sleepy as hell.

It's just something soulful about deep house that makes me want to listen to it. A lot of Kaskade's early work melody wise was just insane. I wish he would return to that style in the future. Also, the mix you posted ilnadmy is great.

t0rment

How safe is Sao Paulo? Probably my biggest concern.

well, if you stay mostly in your hotel is gonna be fine, but i do recommend for you to get an official package, with everything together, since the city the party is going to be (Itu) is a little far from the capital itself, São Paulo.

cdyhybrid

It's just something soulful about deep house that makes me want to listen to it. A lot of Kaskade's early work melody wise was just insane. I wish he would return to that style in the future. Also, the mix you posted ilnadmy is great.
Have you checked out his Redux EP he released earlier this year?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah their mixes are consistently great, I subscribe to then on my podcasts app and have never been disappointed.

OG Kush

Really? I thought it was pretty unique

whats so unique about it? It just sounds like every other typical "edm" tune, same sounds, same track layout all centered around the drop. Mate I'm only 21 but feel like I'm sounding like an old man, maybe its to do with fact over here in UK and Europe we've grown up around "dance" music as we call it and not some new phenomenon, atleast for most people in the US.

Wynnebeck

Banned
No I haven't. I haven't been on the up with my EDM this year since I've been so busy. I'll give it a listen and report back.

So I gave this a listen and ehhhh...the jury is still out.I see where he was trying to go with it, but most of the songs are forgettable with Ain't Gotta Lie being the obvious standout and most faithful to his deep house roots. I'll have to give the whole thing a few more listens, but yeah I'm a little disappointed. I had to listen to Samba Love to clear my head.

I mentioned this before on another thread awhile back. But I recently got back into spinning. I usually spin Afro Funk, Disco, Hip-Hop, French Hip-Hop, Chill-Wave, Indie Rock, Salsa and some old(White label) house from the 90's when I use to spin. Where's a good source to find Speed Garage, Bass and Deep House? So far I grabbed the SubSoul 2 compilation. Beatport has been a nightmare looking for that Garage sound form the late 90's and early 2k's.

daviyoung

Banned
I mentioned this before on another thread awhile back. But I recently got back into spinning. I usually spin Afro Funk, Disco, Hip-Hop, French Hip-Hop, Chill-Wave, Indie Rock, Salsa and some old(White label) house from the 90's when I use to spin. Where's a good source to find Speed Garage, Bass and Deep House? So far I grabbed the SubSoul 2 compilation. Beatport has been a nightmare looking for that Garage sound form the late 90's and early 2k's.

http://www.junodownload.com/4x4-garage/eight-weeks/releases/

Aomber

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2014/08/insomniac-unveils-new-new-york-halloween-installment-boo/

Insomniac-Halloween.png

This intrigues me. Wonder what the lineup is gonna be like.

L1NETT

Zedd's about to release the best track he's made in quite a while.

HQ Previews:

http://instagram.com/p/sI2RAuhFRa/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/sLzL9VhFU3/?modal=true

Here it is!

Much prefer this to the pop-y stuff Zedd has done recently

Three other things

1) Kaskade, The Brocks - Summer Nights is a great song

2) https://twitter.com/porterrobinson/status/504752477791866881

Porter Robinson admires No Mans Sky and would like his music to be in it. Would be amazing imo

3) Forza Horizon 2 Bass Arena

Horizon Bass Arena
From house to electro and techno, Horizon Bass Arena plays the biggest dancefloor anthems of the year all night long.
“I Got U feat. Jax Jones” by Duke Dumont
“Still (Richy Ahmed Remix)” by Katy B
“Hey Now (Arty Remix)” by London Grammar
“Only For You” by Mat Zo
“Touch (Grum Remix)” by Shift K3Y
“NRG” by Duck Sauce
“Changes” by Faul & Wad Ad & Pnau
“Crisis” by Turtle
“Thinking About It” by Just Kiddin
“Running (Disclosure Remix)” by Jessie Ware
“Satisfy” by Nero
“F.A.T. (Original Mix)” by Pryda
“36” by Redlight
“Hyperparadise (GANZ Flip)” by Hermitude x Flume
“Survive” by Kidnap Kid
“Pushing On” by Oliver $ & Jimi Jules
“Delorean Dynamite” by Todd Terje
“Liberate” by Eric Prydz
“Here For You (feat. Laura Walsh) (Extended Mix)” by Gorgon City
“Gecko (Overdrive)” by Oliver Heldens X Becky Hill
“Aeropolis” by BeatauCue
“Astral” by Pyramids

Damn good tracklist there.

Aomber

Here it is!

Much prefer this to the pop-y stuff Zedd has done recently
God I love this remix. But yeah I definitely agree. I'm okay with Zedd doing pop stuff since that's what he really wants to do and I respect that, so long as he sticks to this kind of thing too. I think Clarity (the album) struck a nice balance of different styles of 128 from more pop sort of tracks to harder stuff, and I know he said his next album he's gonna experiment with different BPMs so I'm interested to see what that's gonna be like. Hope it still strikes a good balance as well.

Electric Zoo tomorrow! Pretty excited, gonna be my last all-out festival before I move to San Francisco next month.
Nice enjoy, I wish I was going to Zoo, unfortunately my sister isn't gonna be in town so I can't stay with her and I can't really afford a hotel right now after the Europe trip.

That's awesome that you're moving to San Fran, I'm jelly.

I'll be in Vegas tomorrow :p

Adventure Club @ Drai's
Kaskade @ Marquee
Zedd @ XS Nightswim
Solid lineup, have you been to Drai's before? I haven't heard anything about that one but I've been noticing it a lot more lately on social media and what not.

cdyhybrid

Solid lineup, have you been to Drai's before? I haven't heard anything about that one but I've been noticing it a lot more lately on social media and what not.

I haven't. It's pretty new. Probably would've gone to see Above & Beyond at Hakkasan but we've already seen them twice this year, and Drai's looks pretty swanky in videos, etc.

Aomber

I haven't. It's pretty new. Probably would've gone to see Above & Beyond at Hakkasan but we've already seen them twice this year, and Drai's looks pretty swanky in videos, etc.

Yeah it does, let me know how it is, might check it out next time I'm in Sin CIty

Is it gonna be hot as balls cuz it's outside? I know the stage is kind of tucked inside, but doubt there's gonna be AC.

Ashhong

I went to Drais last month and caught 3lau. I liked the venue. Much better than marquee, which is the only other Vegas club I've been to. Inside isn't too bad but outside is great. Lots of space, great view, and has good sound outside.

I went in the middle of summer and it wasn't too hot inside or outside. Could have been cooler but yea, surprisingly nice.

cdyhybrid

I went to Drais last month and caught 3lau. I liked the venue. Much better than marquee, which is the only other Vegas club I've been to. Inside isn't too bad but outside is great. Lots of space, great view, and has good sound outside.
How was the temperature? Do they have fans or anything outside?

Lol. Didn't mean to scare you. Vegas is dry so while 100 is bad as bad can be. Once it dips below 90 it's real comfy compared to more humid places, which is pretty much everywhere.

Just something to look out for is all. Have fun! :)

cdyhybrid

Lol. Didn't mean to scare you. Vegas is dry so while 100 is bad as bad can be. Once it dips below 90 it's real comfy compared to more humid places, which is pretty much everywhere.

Just something to look out for is all. Have fun! :)
Yeah I'm not too worried. More curious than anything. Reading reviews on Yelp it sounds like it doesn't get too packed so we could probably go inside anyway.

cdyhybrid

Drai's was fantastic. Was just cool enough outside at night and there was plenty of room to move around and dance. Crazy visual setup too.

Top Bottom