• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

mr stroke

Amazing post from J00F as always.

I would've loved to have seen him live, but when he toured Australia recently he skipped my city =[

J00F is a fucking pimp, one of the few true old school DJ's that is still a master of the art(reading the room, making music out of music, pacing, building the night, etc..)

Good DJ's can now create magic moments instantaneously in the DJ booth using today's tools. For example the other week I was playing some dark hard pounding Techno and locked in this groove, my DJ instinct told me to throw in a classic to lift the dance floor with an element of surprise. Within minutes I'd looked in my playlist, spotted Tiesto's Suburban Train and was instantly cue'd up ready to go. I heard in my headphones this track didn't have the depth, drive and punch of the current groove that I had everyone locked in. Years ago I would have had to chose another track because it would have unbalanced the energy on the dance floor, instead the sync button was engaged and my creative skills kicked in. In my headphones I matched the key of Suburban train to the current track playing, I then headed to the third CDJ and created a loop of the current track playing and on the fourth CDJ set up loop of Suburban train's groove (I’ll explain why shortly). Once I mixed in Suburban train I also mixed in the loop set up on the third CDJ (current track playing) and kept it playing throughout all of Suburban train, instantly creating a Techno version to keep the same vibe running.

The Aoki's, Angelo's, and AVIICI's could learn a thing or two from this guy.
Press play/sync button-->Crescendo-->Vocal-->Breakdown-->Big drop style of mixing has become so stale as of late :\

fyi-

required listening for Trance/Prog/Tech/Psy fans

H6gFHMp.jpg

One of my top albums of 2014

Ferr986

Kind of offtopic but just saw the version of Rui da Silva's Touch me featured on Tiesto's ISOS 2 on Beatport. Didnt fucking now that mix even got released!

Sai-kun

Banned
Dillon Francis' Money Sucks Friends Rule Album Stream

Honestly, the album is mediocre. It feels like just a bunch of songs thrown together without any kind of flow or theme, and only a handful are really worth listening to.

But hey, there it is for listening.

it's really disappointing.

the only songs i'll listen to more than once are hurricane, not butter, and what's the spell?. i'm over get low, too. the rebirth is still cool but the original eh.

very disappointing.

looking forward a lot to KP's Abandon Ship though. Shame it got delayed :(

Sai-kun

Banned
Knife Party - 404 is pretty fucking rad

abandon ship apparently is finished and mastered now too. hope we can all eat soon.

cdyhybrid

I have no problem with him. Some of his stuff are complete hits with me, and other are just wide right misses. I just judge every track on its own rather then it's a Calvin Harris track so therefore it must be great/bad.

Same. Nothing wrong with a little pop music every now and then too.

Dany

Banned
I have no problem with him. Some of his stuff are complete hits with me, and other are just wide right misses. I just judge every track on its own rather then it's a Calvin Harris track so therefore it must be great/bad.

Same. Nothing wrong with a little pop music every now and then too.

His latest album leaked, thats what I was referring to. It is complete dog poop beyond two songs.

What a shame.

DJ88

Amazing post from J00F as always.

I would've loved to have seen him live, but when he toured Australia recently he skipped my city =[

That was a joy to read. I recently upgraded to gear that allowed me to auto sync tracks and at first I shied away from it cause it kind of felt like a cop out or an easy mode button. But once I started using it a bit and realizing how much it freed me up to focusing on other aspects of the mix, I've started using it all the time. That example he gave of having loops and creating remixes live is stuff I've dabbled with and it's insanely gratifying when you find one of those sweet spot sounds that doesn't exist anywhere else.

Chaplain

Quality set by Sedi. Stream or download from his Soundcloud page.

Elliptical Sun Showcase 01

My ESM mix from Elliptical Sun Showcase 01, filled with some wonderful choooons. Listen again or download it for your own pleasure if you missed the stream on Halloween!

Tracklist:

1. Myon & Shane 54 feat. Kyler England- Summer of Love (Club Mix) [Ride]
2. Stan Arwell- Outburst (Original Mix) [Macarize]
3. Zuubi- Duality (Original Mix) [Macarize]
4. ID- ID [ESM]
5. Sedi- Along the Coast (Original Mix) [ESM]
6. Jaytech- Megastructure (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
7. Vito & Jorn- Lazy Sundays (Original Mix) [Encanta]
8. Rainbow Addict- Solar Spin (meHiLove Remix) [Arrival]
9. Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford- Thing Called Love (Club Mix) [Anjunabeats]
10. Sedi- Mentality (Original Mix) [ESM]

So any streams of Prydz vs. Deadmau5 that we can listen to? I'm still in EPIC 3.0 withdrawal...

Don't think it turned out too well according to this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/aves/comments/2l2z3n/deadmau5_sure_did_say_fuck_you_to_hard_last_night/

So after piecing it all together over the past couple of weeks with the supposed 3hr set from Prydz/Mau5 turning into a an hour and a half set, here's my guess as to what happened. From some forum postings you can see mau5 being initially frustrated with Prydz for not getting together and collaborating on a bigger production for hard, this resulted in no 3hr set, and them bringing in Zhu to fill the gap.

http://i.imgur.com/o8Doexp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4Y5Cf1A.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yausyyd.jpg

Then he gets pissed about the promoters calling out mau5 heads as prohibited items, and tying it to himself as well

"@DestructoHARD the literature could have easily said "no helmets / masks" instead of pointing out the headliner you booked. Uncool." -oct23

So we end up just listening to his newest album, no mixes of the tracks, and him just walking around the stage drinking and giving two shits about what's happening. Certainly didn't match the energy of what Prydz was bringing. He talks so much shit about DJing and the amount of skill it requires, then shows up and does exactly what he shits on, i'll probably never waste my time with him again.

L1NETT

Oh, and Porter Robinson's show in London was fucking NUTS

that Fresh Static Snow remix.....holy fucking guacamole. Lost my crap

if the dude doesn't release them/ a live DVD i'm gonna lose my shizzle.

Dany

Banned
Oh, and Porter Robinson's show in London was fucking NUTS

that Fresh Static Snow remix.....holy fucking guacamole. Lost my crap

if the dude doesn't release them/ a live DVD i'm gonna lose my shizzle.

Yeah that shit was hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYADbtZmgI&list=PLrO2ZYPDe4Z2HEEXCjZGcDg7q3lVHkeFe&index=4

Knife Party ‏@knifepartyinc 11m11 minutes ago
we would much rather get things perfect then sell you a piece of shit on toast

L1NETT

I can't emphasize enough how much everyone here needs to listen to this track

THEY'RE FUCKING BACK BABY

Axwell Λ Ingrosso - Can't Hold Us Down

Not a fan :/ Will give it a couple more listens, not feeling it though

--

Some stuff I've liked lately
The M Machine - Pluck Pluck
Deadmau5 - Maths (botnek remix)
Alex Metric - Hearts Weighs a Ton (Mat Zo Remix)

just a lurker popping in to say this thread is awesome.

Missed this.

No, you are awesome! Wonder how many lurkers there are. If you are one and reading this, please do post. Always nice seeing plenty of folk round here

cdyhybrid

Prydz posted a photo of one of the crazy ass holograms from EPIC 3.0 and now I"m in a Prydz mood. Think I'll listen to that set again.

Sai-kun

Banned
Prestige-Breaking-into-two.jpg

abandon ship

time to eat

edit: oh my god. what the fuck is this disco shit. what happened to the dubstep.

superstar is an incredible song and if any of you talk shit we are gonna fight

Amagon

This Knife Party album is fucking amazing! D.I.M.H. is my favorite track for me. I would love to hear more progressive house from Knife Party.

Sai-kun

Banned
Superstar, Give It Up, and Red Dawn are my favorites so far, though I don't think there's a single weak track.

Give It Up goes in hard, and early, what a fucking tune.

kaskade

I love the album. I'm pretty sure they said we will see more of knife party but this is a great sendoff for some hiatus. Let's take all these popular genres of EDM and do them better than everyone else.

I can't wait to hear some new Pendulum.

Top Bottom