• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Kaako

Felium Defensor
A&B 2 nights at Echostage...I fucks with that!
Seem them twice there already. Great moments in space and time.

So this popped up on my FB feed and not sure how many people would be interested in this kickstarter but apparently BT is working on a new album where he'll be performing a number of his songs with a full orchestra.

Here's the link if anyone's interested: Electronic Opus

I'll probably back the $60 tier as I physically own nearly all of his CDs.

Dany

Banned
Get that Chicago ticket already, Dany!

9fc.gif

done

Dany

Banned
^ I thought the music video was quite awful and her makeup was too much.

Love the song though. Didn't Her and Calvin Harris date? They'd make great babies.

Nuklear

Banned
^ I thought the music video was quite awful and her makeup was too much.

Love the song though. Didn't Her and Calvin Harris date? They'd make great babies.

Yeah, the music video isn't that great but how many EDM ones are? heh..

I honestly didn't like this song at first but it has grown on me and I like it a lot now. It's not better than Don't Leave though.

Aomber

Above & Beyond General Tour Sale goes live tomorrow at 1 PM ET. Some venues sold out their pre-sales quickly so be wary.

Aomber

That feel when you're up producing several times a week until 4 - 5 AM and still not quite feeling it =\ I'll be satisfied eventually, but it needs a lot of work. Oh by the way I'm working on some stuff I plan on showing you guys when it's done. I used my real name before but I'm releasing future content under a new alias.

ETA = Soon™

Whaoh, just noticed this thread... I had been posting in the "groundbreaking electronic music" thread and everyone was like "wha?"!

Anyway, this is way more my style. New Knife Party you say!? Where the fuck have I been? All over it now.

BTW, last show I saw was Freaker's Ball Halloween night... ill.Gates, Gaudi, Andreilien... Andreilien was the best of the night... kept it raw, didn't play any of his reggae dub stuff... nice set. ill.Gates didn't bring it as hard as I would have liked.

Next up for me will probably be Tipper on NYE... good friends with him, will probably be taking him out to sushi before his set. Might try to catch Dillon Francis in Oakland in December.

FYI general highlights of my year have been 2 Jack-u (Skrillex/Diplo) sets at Burning Man, 2 Datsik sets at Burning Man, Datsik here locally, and just a bunch of great sets at Lightning in a Bottle at the Bamboo Stage.

Any discussion of sound systems here? Been loving PK for the past couple of years. Camp Questionmark at Burning Man has an aaaaaamazing PK system, literally internal organ shaking.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Above & Beyond, I picked up two tickets for their show this afternoon :D super pumped

I went to their ABGT show in Madison Square Garden last month and I was...underwhelmed. It probably didn't help that just a month prior I had seen EPIC 3.0 also at MSG, which totally blew A&B out of the water.

Anyway enjoy the show!
Keep your expectations low :p

Speaking of sound systems, I just built a new PC that I've hooked up to my TV and I want to buy a speaker system to hook up to it. Any recommendations of good systems to consider?

I went to their ABGT show in Madison Square Garden last month and I was...underwhelmed. It probably didn't help that just a month prior I had seen EPIC 3.0 also at MSG, which totally blew A&B out of the water.

Anyway enjoy the show!

Speaking of sound systems, I just built a new PC that I've hooked up to my TV and I want to buy a speaker system to hook up to it. Any recommendations of good systems to consider?

pK-Sound-Speaker-stack.jpeg

But really... budget?

cdyhybrid

I like A&B's club sets better than their festival sets. Their festival sets tend to have a few too many lulls/sing-alongs for me.

Edit: Listening to ASOT from yesterday and there's a remix of the Interstellar theme by Mike Saint-Jules. Pretty awesome.

Chaplain

Just released three hours ago:

Right Click/Save As:

Jaytech Music Podcast 083

The November 2014 episode of Jaytech Music features new tracks from Shiloh, Andre Sobota and Max Freegrant. This month's guest mix comes courtesy of Dan Sieg.

Release date:
November, 2014
Guest mixer: Dan Sieg

Tracklist & Info:

Part 1 - Jaytech

1. Kobana - Barsoom (Verve Remix) [Proton]
2. Stendahl - Aura (Mizar B Remix) [PHW]
3. Andre Sobota - Survivor [Trice]
4. Shiloh - Night Drive [Baroque]
5. Carlin & Fil - Skywalker [Elliptical Sun Recordings]
6. Zuubi - Usume [Elliptical Sun Melodies]
7. Jallen - Moments [Macarize]
8. Jericho Ismael - Azure (Max Freegrant Remix) [Freegrant Music]
9. D&Z with Odison - Liverpool [Alter Ego Progressive]
10. Roni Joni - With The Light Out (Carlin & Fil Remix) [Elliptical Sun Recordings]
11. Max Freegrant - Voodoo [Freegrant Music]
12. Gregory Esayan - Monday Night (Volant Remix) [Arrival]

Part 2 - Dan Sieg

1. Dan Sieg - Gloom [Silk Royal]
2. Pavel Petrov - Fever (Guy J Edit - Pezzner Remix) [Balance Music]
3. Dan Sieg - Wispy [Silk Royal]
4. Downtown Party Network - Space Me Out feat. Egle Sirvydyte (Mario Basanov Remix) [Silence Music]
5. Dan Sieg - No Way Back Up [Silk Royal]
6. Steve Slight & Rob Hes - Focusing (Gabriel Ananda Remix) [Selador]
7. Dan Sieg - A Sense Of Wonder [Silk Royal]
8. Vincenzo & Minako - June Bug (Dub Mix) [Anjunadeep]
9. Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile - Japanese Snowbell (Guy J Remix) [Sudbeat Music]
10. Jan Blomqvist - I Don't Think About You (Original Mix) [Club Session]
11. Egbert - Hemelpoort (Original Mix) [Gem Records]

Aomber

Anyway enjoy the show!

Understandable, I would be underwhelmed too if I went to Epic 3.0 hahaha. I'm actually gonna try to see Prydz at a club in Boston when I'm back home for the thanksgiving break.

I would recommend something more specific but consumer speakers aren't my area of expertise, I'm more familiar with studio monitors and the likes. I will say I've heard good things about Polk Audio for bookshelf speakers, which would likely fit in your budget. Might need an amp though.

Lol, that's a little overkill. I'm not looking to spend too much, maybe something in the $100-$200 range?

$100-$200 won't get you much. For that budget, I would recommend a soundbar/subwoofer system. You can get them from Costco or Amazon for pretty cheap. Look around at reviews and prices, but here are a couple of examples:

http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-S4251W-...ubwoofer-and-Bluetooth.product.100048271.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C25I5TE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Personally, I have a dedicated receiver and a "3.1" setup, front, left, center, and subwoofer. You can easily get away with a 2.1 setup, with front, left, and sub, or just a soundbar and sub. My sub is pretty hefty and would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 by itself in today's market. I opted out of surround speakers just because of my room configuration. Whatever you do, don't settle for a soundbar by itself. You will not be happy with the bass output.

Aomber

$100-$200 won't get you much. For that budget, I would recommend a soundbar/subwoofer system. You can get them from Costco or Amazon for pretty cheap. Look around at reviews and prices, but here are a couple of examples:

http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-S4251W-...ubwoofer-and-Bluetooth.product.100048271.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C25I5TE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Personally, I have a dedicated receiver and a "3.1" setup, front, left, center, and subwoofer. You can easily get away with a 2.1 setup, with front, left, and sub, or just a soundbar and sub. My sub is pretty hefty and would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 by itself in today's market. I opted out of surround speakers just because of my room configuration. Whatever you do, don't settle for a soundbar by itself. You will not be happy with the bass output.
Yeah I thought maybe a soundbar would be a good choice for him too

Also I lol'd at the options/prices for that soundbar on amazon

Without HDMI Cable: $289.00

With HDMI Cable: $379.95

u wot m8

Yeah I thought maybe a soundbar would be a good choice for him too

Also I lol'd at the options/prices for that soundbar on amazon

Without HDMI Cable: $289.00

With HDMI Cable: $379.95

u wot m8

LOL I didn't even see that. Yeah you shouldn't be paying more than a few bucks for an HDMI cable. I wonder if they've actually sold any of those!?

Aomber

LOL I didn't even see that. Yeah you shouldn't be paying more than a few bucks for an HDMI cable. I wonder if they've actually sold any of those!?
Hahaha sadly they probably have considering some people still buy those overpriced monster HDMI cables
Haha yeah, it's ridiculous. You should check out the reviews for this $500 Dedicated Link Cable. They're hilarious. People will pay up for "premium" cables because they don't know that they're the same as cables that can be bought for a few dollars.
The reviews on things like this are always gold

Like this one

The minute I plugged this cable in, I knew something was amiss. The first evidence? The small wormhole that appeared in our living room, right next to our holstein cowhide recliner. Peering into it I could discern the snarling face of a Ferengi, likely somewhere out in the Gamma quadrant.

Then things got really hairy. Brad shouted from the kitchen that he was detecting elevated tachyon levels from our Vita-Mix, so we immediately diverted power to our forward Romco Rotisserie array. Set it and forget it, indeed.

Still no go. The wormhole continued to grow. So I did what anyone in this rather awkward situation would. I recalibrated our George Foreman Grill (about 10 picometers), ejected the warp core from our Dyson Ball Vac, and unplugged all the Magic Jacks in the house. Bingo. No more worm hole.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use this cable, but only if you have substantial Star Fleet training.

Hahaha sadly they probably have considering some people still buy those overpriced monster HDMI cables

The reviews on things like this are always gold

There's one on sale right now for the low low price of $9,000!

Used - Acceptable

Some of the warts have been removed due to the skin effect. There may be one or two frequencies missing, which can be checked by using the Fraunhoffer test. DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO your FLUX CAPACITOR (or anyone else's, as well!) This is the last of my "Audio Kilohertz Delay Line One's so make haste in ordering!

mr stroke

Anyway enjoy the show!

This was my previous set up-

M Audio AV 40's
IXDoj0e.jpg

with this cheap polk sub

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

For $200 this sounds absolutely fantastic. Perfect for EDM and music(probably not the best for gaming though)

Aomber

I just talked to my cousin and it sounds like EDC Vegas is a go. MIGHT be getting an early bird code from a buddy to try to cop some cheaper tickets.

Just a heads up for people going for early bird, last year Tier 1 (which was $100 cheaper than regular price) sold out in two minutes. Don't count on it, but be absolutely ready if you're gonna try to get those.

---------------------------------------------

On a separate note, I wanna talk about this. This is beautiful.

Zedd - Find You (Exige Piano & Launchpad Cover) feat. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant

I love a good DJ set and all, but nothing replaces real instrumental performance in music. This is something I dream of doing, incorporating musical instrument performance into an electronic music concert. I can't really see myself as the kind of guy to only play DJ gigs at clubs and what not. Synthesizers, keyboards, drum pads, you name it, all live, to create something beautiful. That's what I wanna do.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just talked to my cousin and it sounds like EDC Vegas is a go. MIGHT be getting an early bird code from a buddy to try to cop some cheaper tickets.

Just a heads up for people going for early bird, last year Tier 1 (which was $100 cheaper than regular price) sold out in two minutes. Don't count on it, but be absolutely ready if you're gonna try to get those.

---------------------------------------------

On a separate note, I wanna talk about this. This is beautiful.

Zedd - Find You (Exige Piano & Launchpad Cover) feat. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant

I love a good DJ set and all, but nothing replaces real instrumental performance in music. This is something I dream of doing, incorporating musical instrument performance into an electronic music concert. I can't really see myself as the kind of guy to only play DJ gigs at clubs and what not. Synthesizers, keyboards, drum pads, you name it, all live, to create something beautiful. That's what I wanna do.

Man this is beautiful. Hearing acoustic versions of these songs is almost better than the original.

Aomber

Man this is beautiful. Hearing acoustic versions of these songs is almost better than the original.

Yeah as much as I love Zedd I don't like the original "Find You" very much. I made a remix myself of like 115 BPM, which at the time I was happy with, but I'm doing a lot better things now.

As mentioned before, future releases will be under a new alias which I'll share here

EDIT: Lol I just found out a lot of the piano part in that is actually taken from other classical compositions like Chopin. No wonder, I thought it sounded too good to be true hahaha. It's still great though

Aomber

Yeeea just came back from I am Hardwell at the madison. It was fucking awesome! I dont know why im surprised It didnt sell out.Heres a video from my instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/vc3UM_Jxtv/

I'm not really that surprised. The thing is Hardwell plays at so many festivals and what not already, most people have probably already seen him or are planning to see him. MSG can be really expensive so with that considered, people probably just didn't want to make the investment. Plus, MSG is just a really big venue.

Anyway glad you had fun, I enjoyed seeing Hardwell live myself

Dany

Banned
Took me awhile to place the interstellar score in that remix. But thats a really really good mix. makes me want to see the movie again with the an updated score ;)

Aomber

EDC LAS VEGAS INFORMATION

• 2015 Dates: Friday June 19, Saturday June 20, Sunday June 21
  • STARTING Prices: GA $329 / VIP $699 + additional fees. (Pricing is tiered based on first come first serve, higher tiers not listed currently)
  • STARTING Payment Plan Prices: GA $75.25/month, VIP $151.50/month
  • **No Pre-Sale or Pre-Sale prices**
  • No single day tickets
  • Sale goes live December 1st @ NOON PST
That's all the information you need to know right now.

Top Bottom