• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

EDC LAS VEGAS INFORMATION

• 2014 Dates: Friday June 19, Saturday June 20, Sunday June 21
  • STARTING Prices: GA $329 / VIP $699 + additional fees. (Pricing is tiered based on first come first serve, higher tiers not listed currently)
  • STARTING Payment Plan Prices: GA $75.25/month, VIP $151.50/month
  • **No Pre-Sale or Pre-Sale prices**
  • No single day tickets
  • Sale goes live December 1st @ NOON PST
That's all the information you need to know right now.

I'm having flashbacks... NOOO NOT AGAIN!

Depression mode kicking in 3....2...1..

I wish I was back there!!!!! TAKE ME BACK!

• 2014 Dates: Friday June 19, Saturday June 20, Sunday June 21
  • STARTING Prices: GA $329 / VIP $699 + additional fees. (Pricing is tiered based on first come first serve, higher tiers not listed currently)
  • No single day tickets

That's 2015 right?

mr stroke

• 2015 Dates: Friday June 19, Saturday June 20, Sunday June 21
  • No single day tickets

on Fathers day :\

Will try to go Fri and Sat

Loci

Looks like I'm on a roll discovering awesome albums on YouTube. Just found this, which is a pretty chill DnB album. Very surreal and soothing:

Blackmill - Miracle (Full Album)

Have never heard of this artist, but I'm a fan after hearing this album.

Blackmill is like the epiphany everyone is looking for in the chillstep genre.
His two albums are pretty much my favorite releases in recent years.

If you don't know his stuff, definitely make sure to check it out. You won't regret.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Blackmill is like the epiphany everyone is looking for in the chillstep genre.
His two albums are pretty much my favorite releases in recent years.

If you don't know his stuff, definitely make sure to check it out. You won't regret.

I'll definitely give his albums a listen then. I just saw some pretty album art on YouTube and figured I would give it a listen. Needless to say I was blown away.

Cagey

Banned
Bachelor party in Montreal in a few weeks time. Disco Fries and Joachim Garraud are doing sets at New City Gas.

http://newcitygas.com/

Anyone have experience with that place? I'll have 10-11 dudes total, assuming I successfully drag the few classic rock types out of their bubble and into a den of house, so a table would be necessary.

cdyhybrid

mmSEs3L.png

Aomber

Wow. So I'm gonna miss Prydz again. Tried seeing him at Tomorrowland, New York City, and now Boston. It's just that the Boston show is at a club and I have absolutely nobody to go with, so I'm just gonna skip it because I don't really want to do that, especially because we're celebrating thanksgiving that day as well since my sister won't be around Thursday.

The world just doesn't want me to see Prydz :(

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. So I'm gonna miss Prydz again. Tried seeing him at Tomorrowland, New York City, and now Boston. It's just that the Boston show is at a club and I have absolutely nobody to go with, so I'm just gonna skip it because I don't really want to do that, especially because we're celebrating thanksgiving that day as well since my sister won't be around Thursday.

The world just doesn't want me to see Prydz :(

My brother is going to see him, I'm so jealous. I would fly out to Boston to see Prydz, but I like Thanksgiving too much to rush it.

Aomber

I'll need to check this out some time. But yeah, when I saw them at Tomorrowland, I had never listened to a set of theirs so I didn't expect Big Room, which made it the most disappointing set for me lol.

Aomber

So here's the short version. I talked to my cousin and the bad news is we can't go to EDC Las Vegas.

The good news is I'm going to Coachella instead. That along with Tomorrowland again will make a great festival combo.

Sai-kun

Banned
With my class schedule, it's more likely I'll have to go Weekend 1

Cool! I'm going this year with fellow GAFfer thezerofire on Weekend 1 as well! Maybe as the date gets closer we could arrange to see a set or two! It's always fun to meet new folks during the weekend there :)

Aomber

Hmm... Now that I moved to the west coast I feel like Coachella is more doable. So is EDC Vegas for that matter...

tumblr_inline_n5gmmdx9V11rjf3sr.jpg

Cool! I'm going this year with fellow GAFfer thezerofire on Weekend 1 as well! Maybe as the date gets closer we could arrange to see a set or two! It's always fun to meet new folks during the weekend there :)
Let me know closer to the time for sure

L1NETT

What do you folks reckon to doing a purely EDM best-of 2014 awards?

Hasn't got to be hugely formal and I don't mind collating them etc. Voting closing like the album thread....say Jan 11th?

Say top 5 Singles/ Top 5 Live sets/ Top 5 mixes/ Top 5 Albums (orEps/Lps)?

Points system 2/4/6/8/12 or summat like that. Would help if anybody lurking (yes you!) votes so we get a nice big spread of taste etc. Would be a nice way of anyone interested showing them this threads average taste and always fun to see a best of list.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Hasn't got to be hugely formal and I don't mind collating them etc. Voting closing like the album thread....say Jan 11th?

Points system 2/4/6/8/12 or summat like that. Would help if anybody lurking (yes you!) votes so we get a nice big spread of taste etc. Would be a nice way of anyone interested showing them this threads average taste and always fun to see a best of list.

I'm down! We did an informal one last year where we just posted in this thread, but I'd love a larger, more organized version. :)

L1NETT

Steve Angello just dropped a collab between him and (edit: my bad looks like it's actually StillYoung) on his Radio 1 residency

Called 'Follow Me' YT linky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGisbWPpDOU

lovin it so far

will update with a link when I have it.

Another new song (as far as I know) he just played. Edit: Should clarify in actual good radio quality rather than a live set.

Steve Angello - Prisoner (feat Gary Go) (Let Me Go) YT Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIYb_-pLa8

mr stroke

Well shit, looks like EDM GAF will be representing at Coachella weekend 1 this year.
I would say lets do a meet up, but its so crowded and everyone will be drunk/stoned and hot so probably never gonna happen :p

2015 festival season looking good for me-

doing for sure-

Coachella
EDC Vegas
Hard Summer LA

trying-

TomorrowWorld (just really don't want to have to fly all the way to Atlanta from CA)

Well shit, looks like EDM GAF will be representing at Coachella weekend 1 this year.
I would say lets do a meet up, but its so crowded and everyone will be drunk/stoned and hot so probably never gonna happen :p

2015 festival season looking good for me-

doing for sure-

Coachella
EDC Vegas
Hard Summer LA

trying-

TomorrowWorld (just really don't want to have to fly all the way to Atlanta from CA)

Plus phone reception going to suck as it does at every music festival. I went with a crew of 18 for EDC LV last year, and once one person was lost they were as good as gone. RIP. Ain't contacting shit.

Another new song (as far as I know) he just played

Steve Angello - Prisoner (feat Gary Go) (Let Me Go)

He's played it for more than a year in his live sets. It or possibly Children of the Wild should've been the lead single from Wild Youth.

Really impressed with that Dimitri Vangelis, Wyman & Tom Staar - ID 

Hm I can't do top 5 for all of those categories, but my vote for song of the year goes to Beast in the Belly by Zomboy.

Aomber

http://edm.com/blog/2015-grammy-nominees

This is a surprisingly respectable list.

Avicii's collaboration with Coldplay on "A Sky Full of Stars" received a nomination for "Best Pop Duo/Group Performance." Zedd announced the nominees for the categories via Twitter.

DJ Snake is nominated for "Best Music Video" thanks to his ridiculous video for "Turn Down For What."

The rest of the dance music nominees are below.

Best Dance Recording nominees
Basement Jaxx - "Never Say Never"
Clean Bandit - "Rather Be"
Disclosure ft. Mary J. Blige - "F For You"
Duke Dumont ft. Jax Jones - "I Got U"
ZHU - "Faded"

Best Dance/Electronic Album nominees
Aphex Twin - Syro
Deadmau5 - while (1<2)
Little Dragon - Nabuma Rubberband
Röyksopp & Roby - Do It Again
Mat Zo - Damage Control

Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical) nominees
Bastille - Pompeii (Audien remix)
Crossfingers ft. Danny Losito - Falling Out (MING remix)
Five Knives - The Rising (Eddie Amador remix)
Galantis - Smile (Kaskade edit)
John Legend - All Of Me (Tiesto Remix)
Mr. Probz - Waves (Robin Schulz remix)

The Grammys will take place on February 8, 2015 at 8pm PST.

Top Bottom