• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy crap, I forgot that Damage Control came out on Nov 5 last year. I could swear it was older than that.

Those nominations are pretty spot on. Would definitely have nominated Shiba San - Okay over Clean Bandit tho.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've been listening to the Silk Royal podcast series, since I love me some smooth progressive and deep house. I've never even heard of Dan Sieg before, but his guest mix has been a wonderful surprise, with a pretty solid deep house/techno selection. Check it out:

Silk Royal Showcase 264 (Dan Sieg Guest Mix)

1. Sasse, Stelios Vassiloudis – The Z (Wehbba Remix) [Bedrock Records] [00:00]
2. Dan Sieg – Grace (Original Mix) [“A Sense Of Wonder” Artist Album – Silk Royal] [05:44]
3. David Pher – Harare (Original Mix) [Glueckskind Digital] [11:24]
4. Dan Sieg – Welcome To The Alley [Original Mix) [“A Sense Of Wonder” Artist Album – Silk Royal] [13:42]
5. Sam Ball – Seal The Deal (Original Mix) [Intec] [19:32]
6. Paul Mad – Mary Ann (Naughty Ann Edit) [Leone Music] [22:21]
7. Dan Sieg – A Sense Of Wonder (Original Mix) [“A Sense Of Wonder” Artist Album – Silk Royal] [27:00]
8. Christian Löffler – A Forest (Original Mix) [KI Records] [33:42]
9. Secret Cinema & Roger Martinez – Menthol Raga (Original Mix) [Lost & Found] [38:05]
10. German Brigante – Menos Latencia (Original Mix) [Sincopat] [43:44]
11. Radiohead – Bloom (Jamie XX Rework Part 3) [Young Turks] [46:49]
12. Max Cooper – Gravity Well (Original Mix) [Traum] [53:24]

L1NETT

Essential Mix of the Year shortlist

Feel My Bicep
Caribou
Jon Hopkins
Joy Orbison
Ten Walls

If Ten Walls don't win i'm gonna explode

mr stroke

Essential Mix of the Year shortlist

Feel My Bicep
Caribou
Jon Hopkins
Joy Orbison
Ten Walls

If Ten Walls don't win i'm gonna explode

Ten Walls would be my pick also. (Still need to listen to Caribou)

My pick would have been Deep Dish. Loved their chunky tech/house mix

L1NETT

Right then folks may as well do this.

Quick reminder/rules:

1. This is not hugely official. Just a bit of fun for us to collate what we loved this year.
  2. Also don't worry if you can't fill out top 5 for each category. Not gonna count for less if you can only name 1/2. :)
  3. Scoring system for the top five goes (from 5th to 1st)....2/4/6/8/12
  4. Don't really mind about formatting....as long as you are consistent i'm grand
  5. Closing ends 10th January. Because why not :p
  6. Categories are as follows.....BEST SINGLE/BEST LIVE SET or SHOW/BEST MIX/BEST ALBUM or EP
  7. If you are lurking and read this...please vote even if you don't regularly post. More the merrier
  8. Perhaps a best remix category? Thoughts? Edit: ADDED - cheers Sai!
  9. Any suggestions, let me know!
  10. BEST ALBUM - Can only...really anything. EPs/LPs/Compilation albums you name it. As long as it came out in 2014

MINE ARE:

BEST SINGLE

1. Galantis - You
  2. Porter Robinson - Divinity
  3. Eric Prydz - Liberate
  4. Feed Me/Kill the Noise - Far Away
  5. Ten Walls- Walking with Elephants

BEST LIVE SET or SHOW

1. Worlds Live Tour - Porter Robinson @ XOYO London
  2. EPIC 3.0 - Eric Prydz @Madison Square Garden
  3. EDC LAS VEGAS 2014 - Arty@ EDC
  4. ULTRA 2014 - Mat Zo@ Ultra Miami
  5. Ten Walls live @ XOYO London

BEST MIX

1. Ten Walls Radio 1 Essential Mix
  2. BIS Radio Show with Jamie XX and John Talabot
  3. Eric Prydz: EPIC radio 13
  4. Caribou Radio 1 Essential Mix
  5. Carl Cox Radio 1 Essential Mix live @Ibiza

BEST ALBUM/EP/LP/COMPILATION

1. Porter Robinson - Worlds
  2. Galantis - Galantis EP
  3. Ryan Hemsworth - Alone for the First Time
  4. Knife Party - Abandon Ship
  5. Tensnake - Glow

BEST REMIX

1. Coldplay - Midnight (Giorgio Moroder remix)
  2. Chelsea Wolfe - The Warden (Maceo Plex remix)
  3. Chvrches - Tether (Eric Prydz private remix)
  4. Chromeo - Lost on the way home (Mat Zo remix)
  5. Deadmau5 - Maths (Botnek remix)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for getting this started! I'll start compiling my list, although unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to fill out 5 for each category... We'll see though, I'll spend some time digging through my playlists. :)

mr stroke

Are we counting

BEST ALBUM/EP-

for only non mixed 100% self produced albums?

or does stuff like-

aKLCk7B.jpg

or

4yt72JN.jpg

count?

(I am assuming "Best mix" is for live mixes?)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like Best Album can refer to any album, even compilation albums. But if people want to limit it to only self-produced albums then I'm OK with that too.

Cagey

Banned
On board that Mat Zo bandwagon.

New City Gas in Montreal is a nice spot from what I remember of Saturday night. Joachim Garraud and his damn keytar man.

Aomber

Well unfortunately I haven't been able to finish the track (it's a remix) I've been working on before leaving for the winter break, and back at home I'm not going to have all the required necessities (such as an acoustically treated room) to completely finish it. My winter break is a month long so that means I'm probably looking at a late January release.

This is the first track I'm putting out to internet forums and what not because my previous alias was my real name, which for obvious reasons I didn't feel comfortable sharing. I don't even know if I'd classify this as EDM, I definitely took some influence from it but I would say it's more synthpop.

I'm really looking forward to finally sharing it, it's the most beautiful track I've ever produced, trying to polish it to a fine point because past releases were always rushed by deadlines or something.

Mau ®

Going to EDC Mexico in Late February.

Here's the lineup:

Excited for Tiesto, Jack U and GTA. David Guetta sucks now but his shows are always fun anyway.

Who else should I be excited for, going by that lineup?

cdyhybrid

Mau ®;142697071 said:

Here's the lineup:

Excited for Tiesto, Jack U and GTA. David Guetta sucks now but his shows are always fun anyway.

Based on who you said you were excited to see, I'd say 3LAU, Tommy Trash, and Dillon Francis.

If it were me I'd be stoked to see the trance DJs and some of the DnB guys too :D

cdyhybrid

Mau ®;142702849 said:
Any names?

I really wanna check out the rooster before going, of course. Super excited! :D

Trance:
Andrew Rayel
Simon Patterson
Photographer

DnB:
Andy C
Noisia

Also, after looking through it again I missed some guys. I'd definitely check out Claude Vonstroke, Sasha, and Laidback Luke. Maybe Datsik and Excision if you like dubstep/bass music.

Mau ®

Moon Boots and Annie Mac are awesome and worth your time :) So are Grum, Noisia, and Oliver Heldens!

Trance:
Andrew Rayel
Simon Patterson
Photographer

DnB:
Andy C
Noisia

Also, after looking through it again I missed some guys. I'd definitely check out Claude Vonstroke, Sasha, and Laidback Luke. Maybe Datsik and Excision if you like dubstep/bass music.

Thanks guys!

I'll make sure to check them out right now!

Mau ®;142697071 said:

Here's the lineup:

Datsik!!!!! Dude is a beast. I've seen him several times and he kills it if you like straight heavy dubstep. His newer stuff is more trap/hip hop.

I'm actually going to be in Puerto Vallarta starting March 1, so close, yet so far...

Cagey

Banned
Mau ®;142697071 said:

Here's the lineup:

Never seen him, not a big fan, but he's going to be in Cancun on New Years Eve when I'm in a nearby resort area for my honeymoon. Prices out to be roughly $150 US per person. Feels like a mandatory night out.

Aomber

Gentlemen, time to all pitch in for new years.

Hakkasan Charging $500,000 Bottle Service For Calvin Harris NYE Event

New Year's Eve events have always been synonymous with opulence. NYE EDM shows in particular often come with egregious price tags, most notably seen last year with Miami superclub LIV's expensive Tiesto show. To help bring in the new year, mammoth Vegas club Hakkasan unveiled their "Dynastie Package" for their upcoming event with Calvin Harris. Guests who spend $500,000 will receive the following:

• The guest's name flashing on the main screen during a confetti drop.
  • A 30-liter Midas by Armand de Brignac served by a model cocktail waitress.
  • An exclusive championship belt.
  • A gold disc signed by Calvin Harris.
  • Diamond cuff links and a diamond necklace.
Eva Shaw and Burns will open for Harris, and Ruckus will play in the club's Ling Ling Room. While the bottle service comes with an extraordinary price tag, general admission tickets run $175 for females and $325 for males before fees. With Harris being paid $1 million to perform recently, it should come as no surprise that his NYE event would come with a steep tag. It will be interesting to see how competiting clubs respond in an attempt to one-up the competition with even more egregious services.

The Dynastie Package bottle service is also available on December 30 with Hardwell and January 1 with Tiesto.

I think what's even more shocking is that it costs $325 for males BEFORE FEES to even get into the club. Holy shit.

Plus Hakkasan was a nightmare when I tried going for Calvin Harris on a regular Friday night let alone on fucking new year's

EDIT: Just to be clear because some other people I showed this to misunderstood it - Calvin generally doesn't earn 1 million per year. The article is misleading, that was for a private event once.

Ashhong

Whoa whoa, why is an Arty set nominated for best live set? Was it amazing? I need to check this out. And Mat Zo's trance set has to win, cause I mean, cmon now.

God help me I am loving Calvin Harris - Pray To God. Good stuff!

L1NETT

Whoa whoa, why is an Arty set nominated for best live set? Was it amazing? I need to check this out. And Mat Zo's trance set has to win, cause I mean, cmon now.

God help me I am loving Calvin Harris - Pray To God. Good stuff!

Haha no those are just my nominations! I just really like Arty and thought it was a great set. Was on youtube, but has been taken down for some reason. Sure it will be on mixcloud.

Speaking of which people, please feel free to do your nominations! Lurker/regular/whoever....all the categories haven't got to be filled out to the max.

Well unfortunately I haven't been able to finish the track (it's a remix) I've been working on before leaving for the winter break, and back at home I'm not going to have all the required necessities (such as an acoustically treated room) to completely finish it. My winter break is a month long so that means I'm probably looking at a late January release.

This is the first track I'm putting out to internet forums and what not because my previous alias was my real name, which for obvious reasons I didn't feel comfortable sharing. I don't even know if I'd classify this as EDM, I definitely took some influence from it but I would say it's more synthpop.

I'm really looking forward to finally sharing it, it's the most beautiful track I've ever produced, trying to polish it to a fine point because past releases were always rushed by deadlines or something.

Good stuff, can't wait to hear it!

mr stroke

Resident Advisors Top DJ's of 2014

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2328

100. Andrew Weatherall
99. Anja Schneider
98. Ryan Elliott
97. Job Jobse
96. Erol Alkan
95. Joey Anderson
94. Robag Wruhme
93. Steffi
92. Axel Boman
91. George Fitzgerald
90. Four Tet
89. Objekt
88. DJ Sprinkles
87. Optimo
86. Hernan Cattaneo
85. Alan Fitzpatrick
84. James Zabiela
83. Dyed Soundorom
82. Blawan
81. Damian Lazarus
80. Patrick Topping
79. DJ Harvey
78. Fred P
77. Surgeon
76. Donato Dozzy
75. Midland
74. Scuba
73. Richy Ahmed
72. Michael Mayer
71. Omar-S
70. Luciano
69. Art Departent
68. Nicole Moudaber
67. Dusky
66. Fur Coat
65. Tama Sumo
64. Moodymann
63. Lee Burridge
62. Theo Parrish
61. Len Faki
60. Kerri Chandler
59. Sasha
58. Jeff Mills
57. Rhadoo
56. Steve Lawler
55. Butch
54. Bicep
53. Pan-Pot
52. Dubfire
51. Guy Gerber
50. Floating Points
49. Carl Cox
48. Maya Jane Coles
47. Roman Flugel
46. Skream
45. Hot Since 82
44. Robert Hood
43. Joris Voorn
42. DJ Tennis
41. Chris Liebing
40. DVS1
39. Nina Kraviz
38. Joseph Capriati
37. Levon Vincent
36. Zip
35. tINI
34. Laurent Garnier
33. Mind Against
32. Daniel Avery
31. Move D
30. Joy Orbison
29. John Digweed
28. Adriatique
27. Raresh
26. Solomun
25. The Martinez Brothers
24. Gerd Janson
23. Loco Dice
22. DJ Koze
21. Eats Everything
20. John Talbot
19. Motor City Drum Ensemble
18. Adam Beyer
17. Marco Carola
16. Appollonia
15. Sven Vath
14. Marcel Dettmann
13. Richie Hawtin
12. Jamie Jones
11. Jackmaster
10. Ricardo Villalobos
09. Rødhåd
08. Mano Le Tough
07. Ben UFO
06. Ben Klock
05. Maceo Plex
04. Seth Troxler
03. Âme
02. Tale of Us
01. Dixon

Some incredible DJ's on that list, still just as much of a wank fest as the DJ MAG version :p

Mau ®

I gotta say. The Grammy's nominations for EDM were pretty good overall. Especially considering how shit the "mainstream" nominations were.

Chaplain

The first of many best of the year mixes has hit. Stream or download on Jaytech's SoundCloud page. ^_^

Jaytech Music Podcast 084 (Best of 2014)

The December 2014 episode of Jaytech Music is a two hour showcase of some of the best tunes from Jimbo's podcasts and DJ sets this year. Merry Christmas!

Due to technical issues with the website the show is just on SoundCloud for now. iTunes and other feeds to follow shortly.

Part 1 - Jaytech

1. Roddy Reynaert - Ellora [Ifonika Recordings]
2. Dezza & Shoreliners - Sumr (Nigel Good Remix) [Silk]
3. Shingo Nakamura - Days [Silk]
4. Roddy Reynaert - Heliopolis [Ifonika Recordings]
5. Jaytech - Megastructure [Anjunabeats]
6. Sound Quelle - Drunk [Tellurium Recordings]
7. PROFF - What It Feels Like [Intricate Records]
8. Roddy Reynaert - Yssim [Ifonika Recordings]
9. Myon & Shane 54 with Late Night Alumni - Under Your Cloud (Jaytech Remix) [Ride]
10. Jaytech - Electron [Positronic Digital]
11. Jaytech - Tank Logic [Positronic Digital]
12. Fon.Leman - Roses & Spikes [Intricate Records]
13. Soundprank - Gemini [Anjunabeats]
14. Super8 & Tab vs Jaytech - Code Red [Anjunabeats]
15. Rafael Frost - New York [Frost Recordings]
16. ID - ID (Grum Remix) [ID]
17. Cramp - Invisible (Fon.Leman Remix) [Intricate Records]
18. Jaytech - Ticon [Positronic Digital]
19. Pierce Fulton - Noon Gun [CR2]
20. Max Freegrant & Yuji Ono - Yokohama Drift [Freegrant Music]
21. Jaytech - Earthbound [Anjunabeats]
22. Jaytech - Arrival [Positronic Digital]
23. Gregory Esayan feat. Ai Takekawa - Monday Night (Volant Remix) [Arrival]
24. Madeon - Imperium [popcultur]

Woah! I didn't know gaf had a edm thread. I will definitely be on more often.

And does anyone know any good Armin Van Buuren songs? I remember hearing a song that I liked from him but I can't remember the name.

Woah! I didn't know gaf had a edm thread. I will definitely be on more often.

And does anyone know any good Armin Van Buuren songs? I remember hearing a song that I liked from him but I can't remember the name.

Lmao he had hundreds of songs, you need to give more info if you want us to help you.

Top Bottom