• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

miami-2015-phase1.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Turns out Prydz is doing an extended club set in SF in March. Tickets went on sale yesterday and I totally missed it. Now it's sold out.

Bummer.

cdyhybrid

Markus Schulz presents: Global DJ Broadcast Classics Showcase

01. Bedrock - Heaven Scent
02. Mike Foyle presents Statica - Space Guitar
03. Elevation - Biscayne
04. Way Out West - Fear
05. Sasha - Xpander
06. Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin
07. Trisco - Musak (Steve Lawler Remix)
08. Tekknova - Last Trip to Paradise
09. Paul van Dyk - For an Angel (PvD E-Werk Club Mix)
10. Mesh - Purple Haze
11. Salt Tank - Eugina (Michael Woods Remix)
12. Super8 & Tab - Helsinki Scorchin'
13. Tiesto - Suburban Train
14. Above & Beyond - No One on Earth (Gabriel & Dresden Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
15. Chicane - Lost You Somewhere
16. Sean Walsh presents Jagermaestro - Quarter Century
17. Telepopmusik - Breathe (Markus Schulz Remix)
18. Tillmann Uhrmacher - On the Run (Ocean to Shore Club Mix)
19. BT vs. Sasha - Remember Magnetic North
20. DJ Observer & Daniel Heatcliff featuring Madeleine Rison - Vision (Lentos Dub)
21. Luminary - Amsterdam (Super8 & Tab Remix)
22. BT - Flaming June (BT & Paul van Dyk Mix)
23. Hammer & Bennett - Language (Elevation Remix)
24. Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)
25. Airwave - When Things Go Wrong
26. Reverse - Absolute Reality (Arty Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
27. Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)
28. Jam & Spoon - Odyssey to Anyoona
29. Moby - Go (Woodtick Mix)
30. Lange & Gareth Emery vs. Signalrunners - Another Aria, Another Epica (Markus Schulz Mashup)
31. System F - Insolation (Ferry Corsten Remix)
32. Armin van Buuren - Communication (Vincent de Moor Remix)
33. Solarstone - Seven Cities (Solarstone's Atlantis Mix)

Aomber

Not doing TomorrowLand this year or next, but eventually. Exactly how does the Global Journey work?
Basically Global Journey is a travel package system which allows you to purchase accommodation and/or travel with a ticket included.

http://simulator.globaljourney2015.com/Main.htm

To be blunt, they are all a bit overpriced, the flight packages generally being the worst of the bunch. But that puts off people into buying them so most wait until the general sale.

However you can be smart about it. If you go for something like a hotel package, the difference between buying a hotel package and buying them separately is small.

Here's an example. Global Journey Hotel Package Silver Hotel @ The Belson. Double Room Full Madness Pass : €1498 (€749 per person). Included is three nights at the hotel in a double room, daily breakfast, daily round trip shuttle, along with a few other things like the TL newspaper and what not.

Now, if you were to go to The Belson's website and look for rates that weekend, as of this post, it's €267 per night for a double including breakfast. Then you have to buy two Tomorrowland General Admission tickets, which is €267, then multiply by two because we're comparing to a two person package, tickets come to €534. Then shuttles are something like €50 each. When all is said and done, calculating the number of nights and all, between two people you're looking at approx. €1441 (€720.5 per person).

That's a 30 euro difference (per person), which obviously is worth doing it if it guarantees you can get tickets. Again if you look at the wrong packages, it's horrendously overpriced, but be smart and you'll find it's very reasonable. That in my opinion is the best way to do it. The general sale is brutal, in 2013 when they had one weekend they sold out in 1 second.

Aomber

Bought early bird tickets to Electric Zoo for $200 each (3 days). This year the event is being held in partnership with ID&T who hold Tomorrowland/world, Mysteryland, etc.

I'm okay with this. As long as Sunday isn't cancelled of course

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Bought early bird tickets to Electric Zoo for $200 each (3 days). This year the event is being held in partnership with ID&T who hold Tomorrowland/world, Mysteryland, etc.

Something is going to happen on Sunday. Either it'll be canceled or weather will close it down or, if everything goes smoothly, then Sunday will probably be the apocalypse and the world will end.

Still, $200 for 2 days isn't a bad price. :p

Aomber

Something is going to happen on Sunday. Either it'll be canceled or weather will close it down or, if everything goes smoothly, then Sunday will probably be the apocalypse and the world will end.

Still, $200 for 2 days isn't a bad price. :p

Hahahahaha the curse of Sunday

But yeah I figured whatever happens it's still cheap honestly.

mr stroke

surprised the partnered with ID&T :eek:

My only guess is they didn't have any choice after last years Sunday's BS

Aomber

surprised the partnered with ID&T :eek:

My only guess is they didn't have any choice after last years Sunday's BS

Not much of a surprise, Made Event and ID&T are both part of SFX. But yeah, Sunday was a big factor as well as other BS that happened. I trust ID&T enough at this point that they'll do a good job.

cdyhybrid

Just bought tickets to see Paul van Dyk, Mark Knight (3 hour set) and Max Graham (5-hour open-to-close) in February. Stoked. Less than $85 total after fees and all, pretty good deal.

Aomber

Potential Album of the Year

Release: March 30th

Tracklist:

1. Isometric
2. You’re On (feat Kyan)
3. OK
4. La Lune (feat Dan Smith from Bastille)
5. Pay No Mind (feat Passion Pit)
6. Beings
7. Imperium
8. Zephyr
9. Nonsense (feat Mark Foster)
10. Innocence (feat Aquilo)
11. Pixel Empire
12. Home
Deluxe bonus tracks:
13. Icarus
14. Finale (feat. Nicholas Petricca)
15. The City
16. Cut The Kid
17. Technicolor
18. Only Way Out (feat. Vancouver Sleep Clinic)

10923841_838042002918940_4852308522305297589_n.jpg

Ferr986

Above and Beyond's new album "We are all we need" also released yesterday

tumblr_ndm5gwd6ja1siosi8o1_1413590577_cover.jpg

I need to hear it soon. Although theres too much Zoe in that tracklist IMO

Aomber

I'm sorry but I need to rant, I wanna know if this happens to anyone else here.

I've been trying to make travel plans for Tomorrowland with some people and they just will not cut to the chase. Initiated conversation well over a week ago (we previously talked about this) and they won't give me an answer despite asking a couple times now. Global Journey goes on sale this Saturday, they will sell out immediately, and they are well aware of this. Tomorrowland is NOT something you hold off planning until last minute.

It's very likely they'll say no at this point needless to say, but jesus either commit or don't. This happens with family and friends and it's so frustrating, they just go around in circles avoiding it because they don't want to let you down or something. God dammit that makes it worse, it just wastes time and energy. How do people think this is okay? That's not acceptable behavior, you don't leave people hanging like that. I just don't understand how people function as working professionals when they do shit like this, it's just flat out bad manners. These kind of events take planning especially when they sell out so quickly, you can't just dick around like this.

I'm just pissed off. In the past month this has happened to me with EDC Vegas, then Coachella, and now Tomorrowland. I'm left with only Electric Zoo this year with absolutely everything else falling through because of bad communication. Don't get me started on EDC which I started planning last summer.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It happens man and it's frustrating. Truth is though, most people are uncomfortable making early commitments to things that take a lot of time and money, and music festivals are both those things. It sounds like you want to go to Tomorrowland a lot more than your friends do, and at this point it doesn't sound like they're all that interested in going if they're not making a decision.

My advice to you is to buy a ticket and go if you really want to go. Yeah it sucks going alone but you'll meet people there and I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Aomber

It happens man and it's frustrating. Truth is though, most people are uncomfortable making early commitments to things that take a lot of time and money, and music festivals are both those things. It sounds like you want to go to Tomorrowland a lot more than your friends do, and at this point it doesn't sound like they're all that interested in going if they're not making a decision.

My advice to you is to buy a ticket and go if you really want to go. Yeah it sucks going alone but you'll meet people there and I'm sure you'll have a blast.
Oh yeah it's totally understandable but I just wish people were more up front you know? To be left hanging is what bothers me

I might consider it but I went to Tomorrowland last year so it's not the end of the world, I'm more disappointed about the other festivals having not gone before

Well EDC Vegas you can always do last minute despite what anyone says. You know what I did? I just straight up bought tickets, and booked everything. Then kept bragging about it to my friends, and they eventually all got jealous and somehow we ended up with a 20 person crew.

#AllPlanned

Chaplain

I've been listening to a lot of Silk Royal Showcase podcasts recently since I'm really feeling progressive house right now. Came across this gem:

LTN feat. Arielle Maren - Let Me Go

I have been speaking with some of their producers a little bit after they first started making their show. Great friendly set of guys that produce quality progressive music that my wife and I really enjoy. They still produce progressive tracks similar to the style that the Anjunabeat guys were making between 2009-2011.

That being said, this track is just so good.

Lukas Termena & Sinoptik Music - Silence (David Broaders Remix) [Arrival 02: Destination Indonesia]

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Been bumping this all week.

Fav track is Peace of Mind especially the beginning. I can understand the too much Zoe comment though.

Ferr986

I've been listening to a lot of Silk Royal Showcase podcasts recently since I'm really feeling progressive house right now. Came across this gem:

LTN feat. Arielle Maren - Let Me Go

That's an awesome track! Love LTN stuff

Been bumping this all week.

Fav track is Peace of Mind especially the beginning. I can understand the too much Zoe comment though.

Still need to hear it fully but they did a special We are all we need ABGT episode yesterday and I liked it. My fav tracks are Out of time and Excuses atm.
It's a shame that they only got back Justine Suissa for just one track though.

Aomber

Cousins never got back to me about Tomorrowland so I assume that's a no go since global journey is in 40 minutes, just talked to a friend and they're down to do EDC Vegas so I'm going ahead with that.

mr stroke

Wow, I generally hate new school A&B Trouse, but this album is kinda decent :eek:
Lots of catchy tracks

Top Bottom