• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

I can see the similarities to Worlds, but this sounds different enough where I wouldn't really compare the two. I do really like it though.

jambo

Cross posting from TranceGAF

This little beauty snuck by me

http://pauloakenfold.com/2015/01/new-album-coming-20-march-celebrating-25-years-of-perfecto-records/

aoMOZE9l.jpg

CD1
01. Paul Oakenfold feat. Angela McCluskey – You Could Be Happy (Paul Oakenfold Future House Remix)
02. BT – Embracing The Sunshine (Embracing The Future Mix)
03. Grace – Not Over Yet (Perfecto Mix)
04. Robert Owens – I’ll Be Your Friend (Glamorous Mix)
05. Lost – The Gonzo
06. Tilt – My Spirit (Groovestation Ext Mix)
07. Mozaic – Sing It (The Hallelujah Song) (Quivvers Dirty Dub)
08. Quivver – Believe In Me (Original Q Mix)
09. Grace – Skin On Skin (Orange Mix)
10. Dope Smugglaz – The Word
11. Stella Browne – Every Woman Needs Love (Full Intention Mix)
12. Ce Ce Peniston feat. Joyriders – Finally (Tiger Stripes Remix)
13. Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun (Moe Aly Remix)
14. Paul Oakenfold & Cassandra Fox – Touch Me (Paul Oakenfold Stateside Mix)
15. Timo Maas feat. Martin Bettinghaus – Ubik
16. Tilt vs. Paul van Dyk – Rendezvous (Tilt’s Quadraponic Instrumental)
17. Man With No Name – Paint A Picture (Vocal Mix)
18. Man With No Name – Vavoom

CD2
01. BT – Loving You More (Man With No Name Remix)
02. Leama – Requiem For A Dream (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
03. Paul Oakenfold – Surrender (Protoculture Remix)
04. Paul Oakenfold – Cafe Del Mar
05. Mekka – Diamondback
06. Paul Oakenfold – Barber’s Adagio For Strings
07. Ascension – Someone
08. Perfecto Allstarz – Reach Up (Papas Got A Brand New Pig Bag) (Perfecto Remix)
09. Amoeba Assassin – Rollercoaster (Oakey’s Courtyard Mix)
10. Tilt – I Dream (Casa De Angeles Remix)
11. Man With No Name – Floor Essence (Apogee Remix)
12. Jan Johnston – Flesh (DJ Tiesto Remix)
13. Planet Perfecto Knights – ResuRection (Paul Oakenfold Full On Fluoro Mix)
14. Paul Oakenfold – Full Moon Party (Thomas Datt Remix)
15. Planet Perfecto – Bullet In The Gun (Saturday Mix)
16. BT – Flaming June (BT & PvD Mix)

I got this for $12.99 on Google Music, includes individual tracks alongside the continuous mixes. Annoyingly some of the tracks are shorter edits, but still a great deal.

Ashhong

I can see the similarities to Worlds, but this sounds different enough where I wouldn't really compare the two. I do really like it though.

Yea with or without the comparison, I can't deny it's a great album. So much skill

^ I'm gonna check that out! It's on Spotify :D

Aomber

Been listening and I think it's pretty similar to Porter's. I actually enjoy Porter's a bit more..it has more "emotion" if that makes sense. I'm a trance guy so that crap wins me over
That's fair enough especially if you're coming from trance. I probably enjoy Adventure more for different reasons entirely because I think for me personally what takes Worlds down a notch is the engineering.

I'm a producer so I can appreciate detail and clarity in production, which Worlds is often not great at. I realized this even more so when I saw Porter live. The concert was amazing and one of my favorite shows ever, don't get me wrong, but you could tell the songs really struggled to sound fully fleshed out on a big boomy PA system. If you've ever seen somebody like deadmau5 live who's known for his excellent production skills, you know what I'm talking about - every aspect of his productions really punches through on any system.

That's something not everyone will account for as strongly though. And That being said, Adventure isn't the absolute best for that either, but still quite noticeably better. Musically though, it's a VERY close call for me.

DJ88

That's fair enough especially if you're coming from trance. I probably enjoy Adventure more for different reasons entirely because I think for me personally what takes Worlds down a notch is the engineering.

I'm a producer so I can appreciate detail and clarity in production, which Worlds is often not great at. I realized this even more so when I saw Porter live. The concert was amazing and one of my favorite shows ever, don't get me wrong, but you could tell the songs really struggled to sound fully fleshed out on a big boomy PA system. If you've ever seen somebody like deadmau5 live who's known for his excellent production skills, you know what I'm talking about - every aspect of his productions really punches through on any system.

That's something not everyone will account for as strongly though. And That being said, Adventure isn't the absolute best for that either, but still quite noticeably better. Musically though, it's a VERY close call for me.

Agree 100%. Giant sound systems are a true test of a producers skills. It really hit me how good Deadmau5 is at it when I saw him at Ultra last year. Other DJs before were great and all, but often times, the big PA system were not doing any favors to their songs. Night and day difference when Joel started. His songs were an absolute pleasure to hear through huge speakers soo much better than they could ever sound at home, and that's how it should be ideally.

L1NETT

New Madeon is good

Not all that mind. Few earworms (love Nonsense) but too many of the songs fall flat (Pixel Empire, Beings examples which spring to mind). Well put together put lacking something

Been right into Joris Voorn and Maceo Plex recently

Nobody Knows is a fucking magic album. Homeland in particular is sen-fucking-sational.

Aomber

Agree 100%. Giant sound systems are a true test of a producers skills. It really hit me how good Deadmau5 is at it when I saw him at Ultra last year. Other DJs before were great and all, but often times, the big PA system were not doing any favors to their songs. Night and day difference when Joel started. His songs were an absolute pleasure to hear through huge speakers soo much better than they could ever sound at home, and that's how it should be ideally.
Yeah exactly. Good engineering is a skill and talent in itself and it definitely benefits songs greatly. That's why producers often have engineers doing specific tasks (mostly mastering more than anything) because there are entire careers based around that. What I think makes Adventure special to me in that sense is that I know it's not the absolute best sounding album - but he mixed AND mastered the whole thing himself. He's 20 years old. Gotta give props to the guy.

Don't get me wrong though, good music and ideas come first. I don't let something like that cloud the artistic side of it, epsecially because there's so-called "good sounding" songs that aren't necessarily enjoyable musically.
New Madeon is good

Not all that mind. Few earworms (love Nonsense) but too many of the songs fall flat (Pixel Empire, Beings examples which spring to mind). Well put together put lacking something

Been right into Joris Voorn and Maceo Plex recently

Nobody Knows is a fucking magic album. Homeland in particular is sen-fucking-sational.

Hm Pixel Empire was one of my favorite tracks, different strokes I guess

cj_iwakura

Can't sing enough praise for the Electronic Opus show. It was just plain breathtaking. The violins added to some of those tracks put them on a whole other level.

The setlist was, roughly:

• Flaming June
  • Forget Me (w/ Christian Burns)
  • Dreaming (w/ Kes)
  • The Emergency
  • Suddenly (w/ Christian Burns)
  • A Million Stars (w/ Kes)
  • Skylarking
  • Good Morning Kaia
  • Somnambulist (w/ Christian Burns (and Kaia!)
  • These Simple Hearts (w/ Christian Burns)
  • Love Comes Again
  • Satellite

The highlights: Skylarking, A Million Stars, Love Comes Again, These Simple Hearts, and the acoustic Satellite finale.

The visuals were wonderful, too. BT was as friendly as ever. Images later.

I will get that album in a heartbeat.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's phenomenal. You will be blown away.

I don't doubt it. Prydz has never failed to impress me. The guy has to release Creamfields ID already - this song is insane.

Here's the tracklist:

Tracklist :

01 Pryda – UMF 2015 ID [Intro Edit]
02 06:40 Pryda – Coachella ID (Working Title)
03 Pryda – Creamfields ID01 (Working Title)
04 Eric Prydz – Every Day (Eric Prydz Private Version) [PRYDA]
05 Cirez D – UMF 2015 ID
06 Cirez D – Space Miami 2015 ID
07 Pryda – Exchange ID 1
08 Pryda – Verboten ID
09 Cirez D – Shrine ID (Working Title) [UMF Edit]
10 Cirez D – Firestone ID (Working Title) [MOUSEVILLE]
11 Pryda – Melbourne Trak / UMF 2014 ID (Working Title) [MOUSEVILLE]
12 Eric Prydz – Generate [PRYDA]
13 Cirez D – Exit ID 2013 (Working Title) [MOUSEVILLE]
14 Pryda – New City Gas ID (Working Title)
15 Eric Prydz vs. CHVRCHES – Tether (Arena Mix) [VIRGIN]

chris121580

This Madeon album is a little too poppy for what I was hoping for but there are some great tracks on here as well, in particular Icarus and Technicolor

I was fortunate enough to see Axwell / Ingrosso last night at a sold out show in NYC.

It may have been the greatest set I've seen live and I've been to countless shows and festivals. Absolutely incredible from start to finish. They intertwined Swedish House hits with their new material. The middle of the set they diversified playing a bit of trap, deep house, and big room. They went so far as dropping Valentino Khan and Coco (I couldn't believe they brought out it out) The crowd was so hype.

I love their new material, they're serious bangers. From sun is shining to the track with Pusha T to Something New. Fire.

The venue was 19+ I believe which usually leads to a bunch of goons being in the crowd but I can only remember one, who was actually pushed out of the pit for being too aggressive.

Excellent night :D

Just got round to listening to Eric Prydz's Ultra set. Absolutely flawless from the man once again.

I've said it before, his sets always sound like one ccontinous evolving track. He doesn't need 'drops' or sing alongs to cover up the fact he can't mix.

I know the DJ Mag Top 100 list is rigged and doesn't really matter but it's still a disgrace he doesn't even place in the top 10. Aoki, Garrix, Guetta and Skrillix all ahead of him ffs

chris121580

Just got round to listening to Eric Prydz's Ultra set. Absolutely flawless from the man once again.

I've said it before, his sets always sound like one ccontinous evolving track. He doesn't need 'drops' or sing alongs to cover up the fact he can't mix.

I know the DJ Mag Top 100 list is rigged and doesn't really matter but it's still a disgrace he doesn't even place in the top 10. Aoki, Garrix, Guetta and Skrillix all ahead of him ffs

I couldn't agree more. Also, an album worth checking out that came out today is Insides by Fort Romeau. On Spotify. Really enjoying it

I've been listening to it a lot the last several days. Its up there with Worlds. Loving it.

I plan to spend more time with it...just first impressions

The Prydz Ultra set was very good indeed. I agree that he's got sensational mixing skills, but I just can't get into his source material :/

Mau ®

Madeon's album is solid. It's incredibly cohesive but at the same time it's rather unremarkable.

Kid's got potential. I'm looking forward to what he does next.

Aomber

wat

His source material is brilliant. Check out his Eric Prydz Presents Pryda album. Should be on Spotify.

One of my good buddies listens to a lot of dance music of that nature. When Prydz was on the Ultra stream I told him Prydz was on and he says to me "I get bored of him really easily."

My reaction.

There's a lot on youtube. Here's 2, but if you keep looking you will find hundreds of others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRROpMezLlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F6d6crjRyU

Also, I'm a little LTTP, but damn, Boss Mode on that new Knife Party album is insane. We've pretty much had it on repeat for the last few days.

yea i love boss mode. Also as far as trap goes there so many trap dj now i wouldn't be going with random youtube clips haha....

Sound cloud is where it's really at with edm.

Been listening to the Ultra set and the Pryda album (30+ songs on the deluxe version is crazy!), but my opinion still stands. The guy has a ton of talent, his transitions are well done, the songs are interesting without needing crazy drops or anything, but it just doesn't grab me. None of it makes me want to actually dance.

Top Bottom