• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Milchjon

Major Lazer's new single sounds chill. Gonna be stuck in my head for a long time.

I think Jack Ü is to frantic for my liking. I'm too old for this. Love Take Ü There though.

Kozak

Banned
Avicii's set at Future was absolutely insane. So euphoric. It helped that the production at Future was insane especially with the newly designed stage.

Had high hopes for seeing Martin Garrix for the first time and I was a bit let down. Thought his set was loaded with too many demanding bangers, especially for 5-6pm time slot. Love some of his tracks though.

11008418_10153178523453092_3176373342247098129_n.jpg

Aomber

Hello, NeoGAF.

If you don't mind me asking... What genre of music would you call this?

Trap

Avicii's set at Future was absolutely insane. So euphoric. It helped that the production at Future was insane especially with the newly designed stage.

Had high hopes for seeing Martin Garrix for the first time and I was a bit let down. Thought his set was loaded with too many demanding bangers, especially for 5-6pm time slot. Love some of his tracks though.

Glad you had a good time. Yeah that's the thing about seeing guys like Garrix. I've been to a good handful of shows, festivals, and what not, that I already know exactly what kind of sets some artists are going to play so I don't bother. Like in the case of Garrix, some people make a big deal out of seeing him but truth is he plays the exact same bigroom set as a lot of his peers. You'll start to pick up on that and it's a good chance to use that time to see other artists instead when at a festival.

Welcome to the EDM thread by the way

Thank you.

I saw someone in the comments call it Trap. But I wasn't sure.
I had heard that trap music had origins in really aggressive, cruel and offensive hip-hop music. So I was scared of it.
I like hip-hop, but I don't like any aggressive and macho music. So I was afraid I wouldn't like Trap music and was scared of it.

But I think I really like trap music. At least as long as it has beats like this, and doesn't have aggressive or mean lyrics.

It has such an amazing energy that reminds me of other music genres I like, like Big Room. I would love to hear more Trap music.
Is there any other Trap music you can recommend me?

Sai-kun

Banned
Thank you.

I saw someone in the comments call it Trap. But I wasn't sure.
I had heard that trap music had origins in really aggressive, cruel and offensive hip-hop music. So I was scared of it.
I like hip-hop, but I don't like any aggressive and macho music. So I was afraid I wouldn't like Trap music and was scared of it.

But I think I really like trap music. At least as long as it has beats like this, and doesn't have aggressive or mean lyrics.

It has such an amazing energy that reminds me of other music genres I like, like Big Room. I would love to hear more Trap music.
Is there any other Trap music you can recommend me?

https://ozziebeats.bandcamp.com/album/untitled

listen to that shit

OZZIE is so killer, it's all i've had on repeat lately

I like your new avatar, Aomber ;)

Ferr986

Nice. Love LNA. Their last album was incredible through and through. Did you know that Kaskade is their keyboardist? At least he used to be, I don't know if he still is.

Yeah I think he's still in. Also this is going to be their first album to be released on Kaskade's label, if I'm not mistaken.

mr stroke

Trap

Glad you had a good time. Yeah that's the thing about seeing guys like Garrix. I've been to a good handful of shows, festivals, and what not, that I already know exactly what kind of sets some artists are going to play so I don't bother. Like in the case of Garrix, some people make a big deal out of seeing him but truth is he plays the exact same bigroom set as a lot of his peers. You'll start to pick up on that and it's a good chance to use that time to see other artists instead when at a festival.

Welcome to the EDM thread by the way

+1

Guys like Garrix are the future "One Hit Wonders" of the DJ generation. In 10 years no one will care who he is. This is what happens when you get a young kid that makes 1 hit song and all of a sudden he's headlining a festival with 50k people(EDM is the only genre where this would ever happen LOL)
And now you put that kid in front of thousands of people, who has no clue how to play a proper DJ set, and we're left with an hour of Top 10 Beatport Bigroom tunes :\

Aomber

+1

Guys like Garrix are the future "One Hit Wonders" of the DJ generation. In 10 years no one will care who he is. This is what happens when you get a young kid that makes 1 hit song and all of a sudden he's headlining a festival with 50k people(EDM is the only genre where this would ever happen LOL)
And now you put that kid in front of thousands of people, who has no clue how to play a proper DJ set, and were left with an hour of Top 10 Beatport Bigroom tunes :\

Pretty much, yeah. The thing is anyone looks good when you put them in front of a multi million dollar production. Not that Garrix puts on a BAD set, obviously there's a good chunk of people who enjoy seeing him, but again it's just that it's the same thing as everyone else is doing. The guys who really stand out are the ones who can throw a fucking party without the production. Hell that Jack U 24 hour set looked fun as hell and it was basically just held in the OWSLA offices lmao.

Here's my general feelings for Garrix – at first whenever he released something I was like "oh well this is a good track for his age". But the thing is, he's getting to that age where really it's hard to make that excuse anymore. I mean when you compare him to a guy like Madeon, well shit he was making a lot better tracks at Martin's age.

He's at the point where he's gotta step it up or else he's gonna be victim to the fall of bigroom house. Which is already happening, people are bored of bigroom.

Got my ticket for Electronic Opus today. Anyone else going?

(I get the impression BT isn't that big here...)

I would love to go but unfortunately I can't get to Miami around that time. Hopefully it turns into some kinda tour and there will be other opportunities.

cj_iwakura

Might have more luck in the trance thread, but I like BT :)

That said, I don't live in Miami, so I won't be going :p

I think he's branched out a lot from being just trance, even if it's definitely his specialty. His last two albums had a little of everything.

mr stroke

That was the best thing about his recent BBC Radio 1 Residency.

Its odd, I think he's a pretty shit DJ when he plays big festivals and rolls SHM style. But then Mescal comes out its like he's a different person. Its not even the different type of music he's playing, it that he actually takes time to mix, has composition, and doesn't go for the easy pay offs and break downs. Reminds me of really old school Angello.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey pals, I'm gonna try my hand at this:

I feel like I've been a little out of the loop as far as electro house goes, so I would loooove if you all could give me a handful of recommendations!

The people playing at this event are: 3LAU, DVBBS, and Bingo Players are headlining. I'm familiar with all their sounds, but like I said, I feel like I've been out of the loop for the past couple months.

Its odd, I think he's a pretty shit DJ when he plays big festivals and rolls SHM style. But then Mescal comes out its like he's a different person. Its not even the different type of music he's playing, it that he actually takes time to mix, has composition, and doesn't go for the easy pay offs and break downs. Reminds me of really old school Angello.

See I still enjoy his festival sets, but I am a huge Steve Angello fan. But yeah when he does a Mescal Kid set he definitely has a lot more freedom and takes more risks.

DJ88

They're heeere. Stage construction has also begun, I can't wait to see what the mainstage looks like this year!

LnjOojZ.jpg

Kozak

Banned
Hey pals, I'm gonna try my hand at this:

I feel like I've been a little out of the loop as far as electro house goes, so I would loooove if you all could give me a handful of recommendations!

The people playing at this event are: 3LAU, DVBBS, and Bingo Players are headlining. I'm familiar with all their sounds, but like I said, I feel like I've been out of the loop for the past couple months.

Ooo is this open for all locations? I wouldn't mind competing :D

As far as electro house goes, I have a hard time leaving out these tracks from a mix:

Deorro - Flashlight
Timmy Trumpet - Hipsta
SCNDL - Forever
TJR, Vinai - Bounce Generation (SCNDL remix)

My taste is pretty Aussiefied tho

cdyhybrid

Paradiso headliners just got announced. Dash, Armin, Skrillex, Knife Party, Martin Garrix (meh), Alesso.

Still don't think I'll be going since it's the weekend after EDC, but I'm considering it at least.

cdyhybrid

No way lol when i got home last year i was done for a whole week.

Our friend's sister came with us to Paradiso in 2013 after going to EDC the week before. She also went back to Vegas for 4th of July, which was the weekend after. Tiny little Korean girl that outpartied all of us :lol

7j3hHvP.png

Our friend's sister came with us to Paradiso in 2013 after going to EDC the week before. She also went back to Vegas for 4th of July, which was the weekend after. Tiny little Korean girl that outpartied all of us :lol

7j3hHvP.png

What did me in was the dry ass Vegas air. By the time I got home I felt like I had dirt in my throat for a good week. Anyways isn't it funny we switching places this year? Lol you did Diso last year right?

cdyhybrid

What did me in was the dry ass Vegas air. By the time I got home I felt like I had dirt in my throat for a good week. Anyways isn't it funny we switching places this year? Lol you did Diso last year right?

Done it the last two years. Does it get cold at all at EDC at night or early in the morning? Just wondering if I should bring a hoodie with me or something.

Done it the last two years. Does it get cold at all at EDC at night or early in the morning? Just wondering if I should bring a hoodie with me or something.

LMAO so you can burn to death? I haven't done Diso since first year of Diso. No need for a hoodie man. But Vegas weather can be whacky I think it was 2 years ago that one of the days were cancel due to crazy winds. However under normal circumstances no a hoodie is suicidal.

As for Diso did you do premier? I think I'm too old to have a shit-show I need actual showers.

cdyhybrid

LMAO so you can burn to death? I haven't done Diso since first year of Diso. No need for a hoodie man. But Vegas weather can be whacky I think it was 2 years ago that one of the days were cancel due to crazy winds. However under normal circumstances no a hoodie is suicidal.

As for Diso did you do premier? I think I'm too old to have a shit-show I need actual showers.

Roger that on the hoodie.

I did just regular old parking. There's a shower truck that anyone can use, I just walked over to it. I didn't do it the first year and it was terrible, especially because it was a lot hotter. Did the showers last year and it was totally worth it. Go early or you'll be standing in line for a while.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was at EDC the year it got shut down on Saturday for high winds, and it was definitely getting pretty cold when the wind started blowing. I don't think a hoodie is necessary, but I would say you would want at least a t-shirt (no tanktops). The temperatures do drop at night.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to find someone on Reddit who had an extra ticket for Eric Prydz at Mezzanine tonight in SF, so will be meeting up with him outside the club to pick up the ticket. Super psyched! Prydz is always a great time, and this being the last stop of his tour I'm expecting something ridiculous...

mr stroke

EDC NY

XJFXfeB.jpg

Really impressed this year, Insomniac put a lot of tech/house on the line up this year. Generally most of those names will be at EDC LV too, so looking good for June :)

mr stroke

Managed to find someone on Reddit who had an extra ticket for Eric Prydz at Mezzanine tonight in SF, so will be meeting up with him outside the club to pick up the ticket. Super psyched! Prydz is always a great time, and this being the last stop of his tour I'm expecting something ridiculous...

My guess is there will be a lot of Cirez D tonight. Mezzanine is so dark and sweaty, its the perfect spot, every DJ Ive seen there brings out the dirty dark shit.

I expect a review tomorrow!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So Prydz last night was awesome. Not as good as EPIC 3.0 at MSG, but that's to be expected at a smaller, more intimate club setting. The music was Cirez D for the first 1.5 hours and then Pryda for the second 1.5 hours. Pretty decent all considered, and the crowd was definitely feeling it.

Can't wait for EPIC 4.0...

Top Bottom