• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

mr stroke

Hey guys need some mixing help/advice..

So I generally mix electro house.

For intro/outro mixing I would give myself 8 bars to beat match, when the next 8 bar phrase of the intro stars I'll bring in the next track, giving me 8 bars to bass swap, treble control and then at the start of the next 8 bar phrase, I'll bring out the previous track.

I feel its correct but I'm reading online that you should allow intros/outros to be mixed over 32 bars???

I feel like now that my mixes are maybe bringing in the tracks really quickly? its hard to tell..

There is no right or wrong way. As long as its creative and sounds good you're fine.

Kozak

Banned
Thanks for the input guys. Removed a lot of doubt. I also had the chance to listen to a local DJ at a pub and helped me to realize that even though it may seem like a quick transition to me as I'm busy mixing, 8 bars is long enough for the audience to get a good feel of which song is coming up next.

Will post a future house mix up for some input later :)

Dany

Banned
New album by Zedd May 19th. I like Addicted to a memory than that crap with selena gomez.

But it feels so safe and boring, l hope this isn't another Motion (calvin harris)

Bottle service for Omnia on Sat. night May 2nd is costing my group $7,000.

God this better be the best club experience of my life.

I'm covering like 5% of that 7K though so I really don't care HAHA!

mr stroke

after 15 hours of sleep I still can't stop thinking about Gesaffelstein's Coachella set

jB08YHx.jpg

OMG what fucking destruction. One of the best sets I have ever heard in my life. He had the entire festival going crazy, even the young EDM kids were eating up the dark techno/industrial. No stupid drops, cheese vocals, car alarms or fart noises, just dark builds, acid, and pounding rhythm. Incredible

Absolutely breathtaking. Set of the weekend(and maybe the decade)

cdyhybrid

Zedd actually made a song I really like. Been a while

Addicted To a Memory ft Bahari

I like this.

sweat Jesus, Loco Dice ripped the Yuma tent at Coachella Hard last night. Wow. No words :eek:

after 15 hours of sleep I still can't stop thinking about Gesaffelstein's Coachella set

jB08YHx.jpg

OMG what fucking destruction. One of the best sets I have ever heard in my life. He had the entire festival going crazy, even the young EDM kids were eating up the dark techno/industrial. No stupid drops, cheese vocals, car alarms or fart noises, just dark builds, acid, and pounding rhythm. Incredible

Absolutely breathtaking. Set of the weekend(and maybe the decade)

Would have loved to have seen both of these. Oh well, hopefully they'll both be at EDC!

Edit: Just found out Richie Hawtin and Dubfire are doing a show right down the street from me next week. Think I might have to go :p

Aomber

Jesus christ I'm fucking hammered

MY EDC LAS VEGAS TICKET GOT SHIPPED LMAO I'M GONNA GET THAT SOOOOON

Less than 60 days until I go to Vegas for EDC Week AyYyYy lmao

Trojan

This is nice.

Madeon show last night was awesome
even though I don't remember a good portion of it
. The club added a bunch of lasers from the last time I was there, pretty cool.

I was literally just about to post how much I loved the Madeon set yesterday at Coachella. Was a blast and really kept the energy up with some varied tracks.

I also saw Jamie xx later in the night at the Gobi tent and was really impressed.

Dany

Banned
I was literally just about to post how much I loved the Madeon set yesterday at Coachella. Was a blast and really kept the energy up with some varied tracks.

I also saw Jamie xx later in the night at the Gobi tent and was really impressed.

So want to see him? Worth 50 bucks :S

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I started off my EDM journey listening to stuff like Avici and David Guetta and Afrojack. Now I can't stand that stuff, but I don't dismiss people who enjoy that music. As long as you like the music and can vibe with it I say more power to you. Eventually your tastes change and you start to appreciate other things. I hated deep house and techno a few years ago, now I can't listen to anything else.

Edit: SRTW - We Were Young (Sascha Kloeber Remix) <-- this is the type of music I dig these days

Wynnebeck

Banned
Why can't I stop listening to Jack U? So many good songs even Where Are U Now? with Biebs. Anybody like that or anything house wise (Calvin Harris, Sander Kleinenberg)?

Aomber

Yeah honestly that's what pisses me off about guys like Seth Troxler who are always so vocal against EDM.

For me it was a bit different. I don't really listen to cheesy EDM but the music I'm primarily inspired by (and make for that matter) is still very pop driven, focusing on melodies and chords primarily.

Agreed. I started off my EDM journey listening to stuff like Avici and David Guetta and Afrojack. Now I can't stand that stuff, but I don't dismiss people who enjoy that music. As long as you like the music and can vibe with it I say more power to you. Eventually your tastes change and you start to appreciate other things. I hated deep house and techno a few years ago, now I can't listen to anything else.

Edit: SRTW - We Were Young (Sascha Kloeber Remix) <-- this is the type of music I dig these days

I just go through months. Somedays I'm driving in my car blasting 2Pac, other's EDM, then some day maybe some R&B.

Listen to whatever feel right at the moment.

Milchjon

How many clones of Diplo exist?

His schedule must be unreal.

Although his Instagram makes it look like he has (chartered?) his own jet.

L1NETT

Because of all the great albums coming out soon(ish) thought I'd make a wee post to keep track of them all. Feel free to tell me if I missed any out

What So Not - Gemini EP
Release Date: April 25th
Genre: Trap

What So Not - Gemini ft George Maple

---------

Koan Sound - Forgotten Myths
Release Date - May 5th
Genre - Glitch Hop, Electronic

Koan Sound - Forgotten Myths (Preview)

------

Zedd - True Colors
Release Date - May 19th
Genre: Electro Pop, Complextro

Zedd - Addicted To A Memory ft Bahari

------

Modestep - London Road
Release Date - May 25th
Genre: Dubstep, Rock

Modestep - London Road

----

Alesso - Forever
Release Date - May 26th
Genre: Progressive House, Pop

Alesso - If It Wasn't For You

-------

Galantis - Pharmacy
Release Date - June 5th
Genre: Progressive House, Indie Dance

Galantis - Peanut Butter Jelly

-------

Hudson Mohwake - Lantern
Release Date - June 16th
Genre: Electronic

Hudson Mohwake - Very First Breathe ft Irfane

------

Giorgio Moroder - Deja Vu
Release Date - June 16th
Genre: Disco, Dance, Pop

Giorgio Moroder - Deja Vu ft Sia

----

Nero - Between II Worlds
Release Date - August 28th
Genre: Dubstep

Nero - The Thrill

-----

UNTITLED/UNDATED ALBUMS

Wolfgang Gartner - Untitled 2015 Album
Date Unknown
Genre - Electro House

-Said the album was finished in March

Wolfgang Gartner - Unholy ft Bobby Saint

-----

Arty
Date Unknown
Genre - Progressive House

-Been cooking a while, lot of unreleased collabs with Mat Zo been floating around. Hope to hear something soon

Arty - Night Like This

------

Flux Pavilion
Date Unknown
Genre - Dubstep

-Said on twitter he has finished this ten track album, so expect to hear something soon.

Flux Pavilion - International Anthem (Radio Rip)

----

Steve Angello - Wild Youth
Date - April?
Genre - Progressive House, Big Room

-Tentatively dated for April, very quiet on Steve's end. Should hopefully have some news soon.

Steve Angello - Wasted Love ft Dougy

-----

Was just at Hakkasan last week and saw Tiesto on both the Thursday and Friday. Both really good sets and the crowds were great. Spent around $150us each night including the ticket. Had a great time.

Want to go back and hit XS and Omnia as well.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey there, EDMGAF! I really need a favor from y'all.

I just entered in a contest for a local festival where the grand prize is a time slot to play at the festival.

My entry is here: http://springawakeningfestival.com/dj-contest-vote?entry_id=1537
(And my mix on its own is here: https://soundcloud.com/technicolors/a-new-awakening-spring-awakening-dj-contest-mix)

All you've gotta do is enter your email, and then confirm the vote through your email, it takes like one minute and is super easy.

If you all (posters and lurkers ;P) could give me a vote (and a listen, if you're so inclined!), I would be eternally grateful. I only need to get into 15th place to be considered for the grand prize, and 15th is sitting at 409 votes, so all of your votes would be super helpful in getting me up there!

Okay, thanks for reading (and listening/voting, if you do! <3)

Now back to our regularly scheduled jams...awesome album list, L1nett. I'm most excited for WSN and Galantis.

Top Bottom