• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

I'm probably seeing Porter again this summer since he's very likely to play EDC Vegas looking at his festival tour dates for his live show

Seeing Steve Angello tomorrow, so excited

cdyhybrid

Armin led off ASOT with Generate
3V8qFHN.png

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Been listening to the Ultra set and the Pryda album (30+ songs on the deluxe version is crazy!), but my opinion still stands. The guy has a ton of talent, his transitions are well done, the songs are interesting without needing crazy drops or anything, but it just doesn't grab me. None of it makes me want to actually dance.

Prydz music doesn't make me want to dance when I'm listening to it at home or on my headphones either. It's very melodic and is very easy to listen to, but it doesn't give me the urge to get up and move.

Listen to his music live through a festival sound system though... #youarealreadydead

Aomber

Prydz music doesn't make me want to dance when I'm listening to it at home or on my headphones either. It's very melodic and is very easy to listen to, but it doesn't give me the urge to get up and move.

Listen to his music live through a festival sound system though... #youarealreadydead

This. A lot of dance music is all about context, certain music you just appreciate more once you've been to an event to hear said music.

This. A lot of dance music is all about context, certain music you just appreciate more once you've been to an event to hear said music.

This is where I'm behind. I'd love to go to an event, but I'm tight for cash until 2016. :(

Ashhong

Just finished prydz set myself, and I am both amazed and confused. Like the above poster said it doesn't make me want to dance at home like others, but it just flows so well. I've never heard a set like this before.

I could imagine my whole body just floating into space if I heard this at a festival while rolling. Actually I'd probably just be floored and pass out.

chris121580

I hadn't listened to Pryda in a long time and man, I'd forgotten how good it is. It flows so incredibly well. Spotify has the 34 track deluxe version. I'm bummed that I can't go to the 3 day concert at Soldier Field(fiance's best friend is getting married that weekend). I'd pay 189 dollars alone to see Eric Prydz

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I hadn't listened to Pryda in a long time and man, I'd forgotten how good it is. It flows so incredibly well. Spotify has the 34 track deluxe version. I'm bummed that I can't go to the 3 day concert at Soldier Field(fiance's best friend is getting married that weekend). I'd pay 189 dollars alone to see Eric Prydz

I think I paid $150 to see him at Madison Square Garden for EPIC 3.0 and it was worth every dollar.

Someone help me. I started listening to Knife Party a couple weekends ago so I could get through painting my kitchen.

Then I listened to them almost all day yesterday.

Now I can't stop listening...

I NEED MORE KNIFE PARTY. HALP!

Someone help me. I started listening to Knife Party a couple weekends ago so I could get through painting my kitchen.

Then I listened to them almost all day yesterday.

Now I can't stop listening...

I NEED MORE KNIFE PARTY. HALP!

Don't fight it. Knife Party is what got me into EDM in 2012. Boss Mode is my favorite song of the last 6 months.

Aomber

Hoooooly shit Steve Angello was god damn bananas. Had a great time, he always kills it

Got way too hammered though, don't remember much at all between leaving the club and getting back home lol.

Interesting write up in this months Mixmag about DJ's salary & per gig pay-

http://www.mixmag.net/words/feature...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

No name opening DJ/Fledgling local resident-

Annual income-$4476.00

Up-and-coming national talent-

Annual income-$63,410-$179,040

Tirelessly-touring global fixture-

Annual income-$637,084-$1,790,400

Stadium-filling superstar-

Annual income-$2,834,800-$74,600,000
$29,840 minimum for festival gigs :eek:

Sounds about right. Just like a lawyer lol either you make nothing or you make too much.

Cagey

Banned
To those who gave me the recommendations and tips on Zedd @ XS and Calvin Harris @ Hakkasan, spot on both counts.

Zedd and XS were amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better venue or a more lively crowd, fantastic venue, accessible to mainstream but still delivering the goods set. Managed to get 3-4 people away from the main stage through some good luck and strategic venue scouting. Zedd was awesome. High energy the whole way but it didn't feel overwhelming.

Harris at Hakkasan, well, at least we got in quickly and for free. Otherwise, good lord. The venue was so crowded that it felt like a 70s era punk rock show in some dingy basement.

Also managed to hit up Dada Life at Wet Republic. An insane 24 hours.

To those who gave me the recommendations and tips on Zedd @ XS and Calvin Harris @ Hakkasan, spot on both counts.

Zedd and XS were amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better venue or a more lively crowd, fantastic venue, accessible to mainstream but still delivering the goods set. Managed to get 3-4 people away from the main stage through some good luck and strategic venue scouting. Zedd was awesome. High energy the whole way but it didn't feel overwhelming.

Harris at Hakkasan, well, at least we got in quickly and for free. Otherwise, good lord. The venue was so crowded that it felt like a 70s era punk rock show in some dingy basement.

Also managed to hit up Dada Life at Wet Republic. An insane 24 hours.

Glad to help!

Did you check out Omnia? I'm hoping of doing it the weekend of Mayther vs Pac but not sure how how much the price are going to skyrocket etc..

Cagey

Banned
Glad to help!

Did you check out Omnia? I'm hoping of doing it the weekend of Mayther vs Pac but not sure how how much the price are going to skyrocket etc..

No, but a very good friend of mine lives out there who helped show us around. He said Omnia is "decadent" and probably his favorite of the big clubs right now. I asked for a comp between XS and Hakkasan, and he said setup wise its more like Hakkasan in terms of layout and space, so that's not encouraging, but in terms of decor etc. it's more over the top than XS.

Having only been to Light, Hakkasan, and XS, I can say XS (and Encore/Wynn as hotels) was my favorite by several miles. I wouldn't mind going there both nights next time we go out to Vegas.

Wet Republic though. Holy shit. God is real.

Haha well if he's a vet and he likes it that's good sign! Dada Life is always awesome! Or Ugly as they would say.

Got a suite at Wynn for Pac/Mayweather weekend was probably doing Omina and then XS/Encore. And of course... strip club (spearmint Rhino?)cause there for bachelor party.

Cagey

Banned
Haha well if he's a vet and he likes it that's good sign! Dada Life is always awesome! Or Ugly as they would say.

Got a suite at Wynn for Pac/Mayweather weekend was probably doing Omina and then XS/Encore. And of course... strip club (spearmint Rhino?)cause there for bachelor party.

Only a casual fan of Dada before, but I'm a full convert now.

I wanted to try for Arty on Friday but the access + the group wanting Calvin Harris overrode my "I read it's going to be a shitshow!!!" warnings. The hip hop floor below the main room was pretty good though.

Also randomly wound up sitting next to W&W chillin in the airport on Sunday morning. It took several glance from Google image to table to confirm.

cdyhybrid

No, but a very good friend of mine lives out there who helped show us around. He said Omnia is "decadent" and probably his favorite of the big clubs right now. I asked for a comp between XS and Hakkasan, and he said setup wise its more like Hakkasan in terms of layout and space, so that's not encouraging, but in terms of decor etc. it's more over the top than XS.

Having only been to Light, Hakkasan, and XS, I can say XS (and Encore/Wynn as hotels) was my favorite by several miles. I wouldn't mind going there both nights next time we go out to Vegas.

Wet Republic though. Holy shit. God is real.

How's Wet Republic? Think we might end up seeing Above & Beyond there EDC week.

I think XS and Drai's are my favorite Vegas clubs, but I haven't been to Omnia yet.

How's Wet Republic? Think we might end up seeing Above & Beyond there EDC week.

I think XS and Drai's are my favorite Vegas clubs, but I haven't been to Omnia yet.

It's like a giant ass square with the main pool in the middle and side pool on the right. The Cabanas / Daybeds are surrounding side of the main pool and the side pool. There very few lockers and it's probably gone asap. The bar is a hectic mess, and probably minimum is $40.....

ENJOY!

cdyhybrid

It's like a giant ass square with the main pool in the middle and side pool on the right. The Cabanas / Daybeds are surrounding side of the main pool and the side pool. There very few lockers and it's probably gone asap. The bar is a hectic mess, and probably minimum is $40.....

ENJOY!
Bleh. Maybe we'll look elsewhere then. I'm more interested in the "pool" part of the pool party than the "party" part anyway.

Bleh. Maybe we'll look elsewhere then. I'm more interested in the "pool" part of the pool party than the "party" part anyway.

Daylight is like half the size of wet republic but I enjoyed it more. You can actually see the stage too!

Here some visuals.

Daylight

pano-2.jpg

Wet Republic (The far pool is the main one)
1395406925000-Wet-Republic-2.JPG

Cagey

Banned

ENJOY!

I brought a cinch bag and hung out in the side pool after our opening act DJ booth access disappeared, dipped into main pool for parts of Dada Life. Had no issues with our pile of sandals and stuff in a cinch bag for 5-6 people at that side pool. Everyone was very chill. The people on the side of the pool and the ones with the daybeds right next to us kept an eye on each other's belongings. There were very few lockers though.

Drinks wise, the bar is huge but gets packed as the place fills to capacity. Their enormous ~$40 souvernir cup filled with some LIT variant that trades the sour mix and coke for Red Bull and cranberry is the best bang-for-your-buck. It's equivalent to at least 4 mixed drinks for the price of like 2.5

If you're looking for the pool part, the side pool at Wet Republic, where we spent our time, is exactly what you want. The experience there was as low-key or as turned up as you wanted it to be.

daviyoung

Banned
Made a quick deep house mix with a few fresh tunes and some not so fresh ones :D

57 minutes

https://www.mixcloud.com/Bluton/house-your-father-episode-6/

Tracklist

1. Cue Up - Everybody Get Down
2. Victor Avenue - Infinity (Tech Version)
3. Edviq - Omni (Mountal Mix)
4. Stefan Hellstrom - Cannibal Cavalcade (Kai Limberger Mix)
5. Fabrice Official - Beautiful Demon
6. Agoria - Bapteme (Agoria Retouch)
7. Artan Lili - Ako Stanemo Tu (Marko Nastic Mix)
8. Jason Burns and Sarah Winters - Lightweight (Sandy Rivera Mix)
9. Topi - Around
10. Wyclef Jean - Divine Sorrow (Goldfish Mix)
11. Ecoboy - Westa

Kozak

Banned
Hey guys need some mixing help/advice..

So I generally mix electro house.

For intro/outro mixing I would give myself 8 bars to beat match, when the next 8 bar phrase of the intro stars I'll bring in the next track, giving me 8 bars to bass swap, treble control and then at the start of the next 8 bar phrase, I'll bring out the previous track.

I feel its correct but I'm reading online that you should allow intros/outros to be mixed over 32 bars???

I feel like now that my mixes are maybe bringing in the tracks really quickly? its hard to tell..

Aomber

Hey guys need some mixing help/advice..

So I generally mix electro house.

For intro/outro mixing I would give myself 8 bars to beat match, when the next 8 bar phrase of the intro stars I'll bring in the next track, giving me 8 bars to bass swap, treble control and then at the start of the next 8 bar phrase, I'll bring out the previous track.

I feel its correct but I'm reading online that you should allow intros/outros to be mixed over 32 bars???

I feel like now that my mixes are maybe bringing in the tracks really quickly? its hard to tell..

There's not really a right or wrong way to do it, it depends on your style. Bringing in tracks quickly isn't necessarily a bad thing if you pace it correctly, it just means mixing in songs faster in general. If you've seen say, Skrillex DJ, dude's switching up tracks constantly. I know that's generally speaking a different style of music but the same can be applied to electro house.

I'm not really a DJ and more of a producer but to be honest, people are always saying online what you "should" do and this and that. Take that stuff with a grain of salt. For starters what they're saying might be bad advice in the first place, and secondly what might be "wrong" technically might actually work for you. For example most professional engineers criticize the mastering practices of pretty much 99% of EDM producers (even the best, most respected ones) but if it sounds good and it works who cares?

Top Bottom