• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Urggghh my city (Newcastle) was supposed to be having a festival (Northen Lights) at the end of this month but they've had to cancel, the rumour is they didn't have the money to cover the costs. Looks like they tried to get big too quick.

I know it's old, but this EPIC 3.0 set is making me a believer in Eric Prydz. He was already good, but this set's got some great stuff in it that just makes me move.

I hope so. I've heard good things and have taken to listening to a lot of new artist that I usually wouldn't have because I bought tickets so early.

Thing is though my original group I was planning to attend with isn't really an option. Looking to find some groups for meet ups.

Still though should be interesting.

mr stroke

rk5oD1Y.jpg

01: Paul van Dyk and Mark Eteson feat Tricia McTeague - Heart Like an Ocean
02: Paul van Dyk feat Sue McLaren – Lights
03: Paul van Dyk, FKN and Mohamed Ragab feat. Jahala - My World
04: Mino Safy Around The Garden - Paul van Dyk Remix
05: Paul van Dyk and Michael Tsukerman feat Patrick Droney - What We're Livin For
06: Paul van Dyk and Giuseppe Ottaviani feat Fisher - In Your Arms
07: Paul van Dyk and Ummet Ozcan - Come With Me (We Are One) (Paul van Dyk Festival Mix)
08: Paul van Dyk and Aly & Fila feat Sue McLaren – Guardian
09: Paul van Dyk and Las Salinas feat. Betsie Larkin - Love Is
10: Paul van Dyk and Genix - For You
11: Paul van Dyk and Stoneface & Terminal - Follow Me
12: Paul van Dyk and Jordan Suckley - City Of Sound
13: Paul van Dyk, Jessus and Adham Ashraf feat Tricia McTeague - Only In A Dream (PvD Club Mix)
14: Paul van Dyk and Roger Shah feat Daphne Khoo – Louder (PvD vs Ben Nicky Remix)

Ah noooooooo Paul :(

Politics of Dancing 1/2 were legendary mixes, wtf is going on here. Listening to it now and what a let down.

Aomber

It's always crazy to me seeing an artist reach this point in their career. Makes me happy to see this. I started following Zedd when he was still touring with deadmau5 as an opener in 2011. Now the dude's fucking headlining Madison Square Garden

Excited to hear his new album

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Just want to share with you guys that I was interviewed on Billboard:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/6554037/rukes-conquered-dance-photography

Also shared 25 fun photos:

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6553904/rukes-photography-select-shots?i=555299

It's always crazy to me seeing an artist reach this point in their career. Makes me happy to see this. I started following Zedd when he was still touring with deadmau5 as an opener in 2011. Now the dude's fucking headlining Madison Square Garden

Excited to hear his new album

Not to mention Staples Center, for me a bigger show since i've been to MSG so many times already, Staples is more rare :)

Ask him if the HARD lawsuit is the reason he's not doing EDC.

Dillon has always done HARD events...what does the lawsuit have to do with it?

cdyhybrid

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/6554037/rukes-conquered-dance-photography

Not to mention Staples Center, for me a bigger show since i've been to MSG so many times already, Staples is more rare :)

I know, people are speculating on reddit that the lawsuit is prompting HARD/Insomniac to prevent their festival bookings from doing the other.

P.S. Loved the Billboard interview. Was hoping for a Paradiso pic in the slideshow but it's all good ;)

Aomber

Now that you mention it that's actually very true, not a lot of artists perform at Staples. That'll be an awesome show.

Great interview anyway – enjoy the TC tour :)

Ashhong

I still use your picture of Above & Beyond from EDC 2010 as my wallpaper man. Love your work, awesome to see that you are doing so well! Is there anyway to get higher quality versions of your pics? I've gotten bigger monitors since 2010 and the pictures dont look as clear anymore :(

Ashhong

I'm liking this album. I really like the melody in the Down with Love outro/True colors intro.

Is the Kesha featured in True Colors the same ke$ha we all know? Doesn't sound like her

L1NETT

Bumble Bee from True Colors is the standout. Was a jammer for my run. The rest of it really is decent.

Song is fucking great

When Zedd is being Zedd the album is great. His more pop-leaning stuff, not so much. Weirdly reminds me of the Dillon Francis album. Like that song with the youtuber is just plain bad, Daisy went straight in and out. Illusion is similarly forgettable.

Glad he didn't abandon his roots, as when he does he's as good as ever.

Sai-kun

Banned
good lord this zedd album. he fell the fuck off.

addicted to a memory, i want you to know, done with love, and straight into the fire are the only decent songs to me.

bumble bee actually is really good, but i fucking hate the sound of botnek's drops. they just annoy the shit out of me. a damn shame.

Definitely agree that this album is a lot like Dillon Francis' in terms of the artist stepping away from their core sound to make a really bland and forgettable album.

what's the deal with producers who rose to prominence in 2010-11 releasing really shitty albums in the past year lmao

in slightly better news: get way into this: RL Grime - Scylla (King Henry Remix)

I don't understand why an album of Void remixes has 4 remixes of Kingpin, which is inarguably the shittiest song on the entire album thanks to Big Sean. The Wuki and Salva remixes make it listenable enough though.

Ashhong

Song is fucking great

When Zedd is being Zedd the album is great. His more pop-leaning stuff, not so much. Weirdly reminds me of the Dillon Francis album. Like that song with the youtuber is just plain bad, Daisy went straight in and out. Illusion is similarly forgettable.

Glad he didn't abandon his roots, as when he does he's as good as ever.

Who is the youtuber?

good lord this zedd album. he fell the fuck off.

addicted to a memory, i want you to know, done with love, and straight into the fire are the only decent songs to me.

bumble bee actually is really good, but i fucking hate the sound of botnek's drops. they just annoy the shit out of me. a damn shame.

Definitely agree that this album is a lot like Dillon Francis' in terms of the artist stepping away from their core sound to make a really bland and forgettable album.

what's the deal with producers who rose to prominence in 2010-11 releasing really shitty albums in the past year lmao

I disagree, I think zedd has stayed pretty close to his sound. At least the sound that made him popular from his first album. And the answer to your question is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

On another note, new avicii single debuted! I like it. Huge fan of avicii and the skill he has

http://m.audiomack.com/song/fistintheaircom/ill-be-gone

Sai-kun

Banned
Hm, thinking about it a little more, I guess you're right. I just miss those zipper-y sounding drops, and quicker, more melodic instrumental choruses.

Like, I think Shave It is my favorite example of Zedd's 'sound'. True Colors seems a little too laid back for me?

fake edit: tiesto looks horrifying in that picture lmao. let me get in on this avicii track and see what i think...

edit: not bad, actually. definitely need it in a higher quality.

The piano chords remind me a little of Duke Dumont - Won't Look Back

Ashhong

Hm, thinking about it a little more, I guess you're right. I just miss those zipper-y sounding drops, and quicker, more melodic instrumental choruses.

Like, I think Shave It is my favorite example of Zedd's 'sound'. True Colors seems a little too laid back for me?

fake edit: tiesto looks horrifying in that picture lmao. let me get in on this avicii track and see what i think...

edit: not bad, actually. definitely need it in a higher quality.

The piano chords remind me a little of Duke Dumont - Won't Look Back

I hadn't heard that one before, but I know what sound you're talking about. I hear that style still, but it's laid back as you said. I miss the big choruses too. His recent singles always had an electro style for the first drop, and then the second would be this big melodic, throw everything in the oven, drop that I would love. Not as much of that here.

Aomber

The reactions to Zedd's album ITT are pretty much what he expected. I watched an interview with him about the album, and he acknowledges that the reality of music is that you can never please everyone. He was aiming for more diversity with this album, and it seems like everyone likes different songs. That was the intent, there's no clear cut favorites like on his Clarity album (which most people said Spectrum or Clarity).

Clarity was a more special album for me personally, but I did enjoy a handful of songs on True Colors.
You win some, you lose some. There have been some fantastic albums this past year as well – off the top of my head, Jack U, Porter, and Madeon.

But again those can be perceived differently by different people. They definitely went different directions.

Who is the youtuber?

On another note, new avicii single debuted! I like it. Huge fan of avicii and the skill he has

http://m.audiomack.com/song/fistintheaircom/ill-be-gone

Troye Sivan.

I'm confused by the Avicii song because of this remix he released a while back.

Eanan

For all you DnB listeners here; check out DLR's new album "Seeing Sounds".

Its my album of the year so far.

Loving the new Tiesto Club Life Volume 4 Compilation.

Standouts are Secrets, The Only Way is Up, Lucid, Air, Kashmir, Fighting For, Guestlist, Show Me, and more. Lots of these will be familiar to EDM fans since the beginning of the year. Probably the best album in the series so far.

chris121580

Minus a few tracks, the Zedd album is really disappointing and forgettable. Unfortunate...I had high hopes for it. Still may go see him live but not sure I can justify spending 45 bucks for it

Jarnet87

yeah, still might see it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZzAeYWXFpk

Though they couldn't be more wrong about the 128bpm comment.

I can only imagine the crowd that would go see this in theaters.

RkWCYvm.gif

Would be like this the entire time.

Anyone else get this EDM station Evolution(its 93.5 down here in Miami). I think they just changed formats or something. It's still EDM but it's not as good from the little I've listened. They also added a morning show of all things, why the fuk they have one I don't know, I want to listen to the station for music not people talking. It is awful.

Kozak

Banned
I'm pretty sure this has already been posted in this thread (I swear I saw it in here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ86-ON5LBg

Finished watching the whole thing yesterday and my goodness! I had to watch a couple of LL sets straight after to see him working.

The dude is a genius. Even after watching I'm still not sure how the fuck he does his transitions. They're flawless!

Worth a watch for any DJ.

Top Bottom