• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

KPJZKC

Saw SiriusModeselektor at a festival over the weekend, stole the show.

Great tracks, and their visual display (done by Pfadfinderei I believe) was absolutely mindblowing.

Will be following these guys around if they do another tour together.

Here's an older video of just Modeselektor performing German Clap with the same sort of visuals.

With the full lighting arrangement on the festival stage it was phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fm3BIFLZW0

(I guess this post may or may not actually be at all relevant to this thread, depending on the definition we're using for EDM)

cdyhybrid

Saw SiriusModeselektor at a festival over the weekend, stole the show.

Great tracks, and their visual display (done by Pfadfinderei I believe) was absolutely mindblowing.

Will be following these guys around if they do another tour together.

Here's an older video of just Modeselektor performing German Clap with the same sort of visuals.

With the full lighting arrangement on the festival stage it was phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fm3BIFLZW0

(I guess this post may or may not actually be at all relevant to this thread, depending on the definition we're using for EDM)

This pretty dope. Wish the camera person was standing a bit further back so I could see the whole setup :p

AYYYYYYY PASQUALE JUST CONFIRMED GAIA FOR EDC LAS VEGAS

FUCKING PUMPED

https://instagram.com/p/3ejFnFh_1j/?taken-by=pasqualerotella

In celebration of this here's a throwback to Ultra 2014 where Gaia played for ASOT 650

Gaia live at A State Of Trance 650 / Ultra Music Festival 2014

Nice!

Aomber

This is the problem with doing what Mat Zo did. There's a point where you go too far.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to Mat Zo's album. He didn't need this kinda publicity though (although at this point it seems like he doesn't care either)

tvmX5JP.png

cdyhybrid

This is the problem with doing what Mat Zo did. There's a point where you go too far.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to Mat Zo's album. He didn't need this kinda publicity though (although at this point it seems like he doesn't care either)

tvmX5JP.png

They were made for each other :p

L1NETT

^^^^^^^

mau5 never actually listened to the album but idk just a twitter storm between couple of people who like to sound off. Neither went too far. Just like when Porter/mau5 squabble.

zo does not give a fuck, his twitter has always been a stream of conciousness. This recent stuff has been for the most part really refreshing

Would much rather artists are actually themselves on twitter than a PR machine.

Most interesting people I follow are Feed Me/Kill The Noise/Flux/HudMo/MatZo/swire/hemsworth etc

i dunno

seems a lot of hot air over not a lot. like most twitter 'drama'.

L1NETT

So Galantis' new album sounding pretty fun

Songs all sound pretty similar but plenty worse prog house/pop out there

Pleased they have kinda blown up, hope they come to the UK at some point.

mr stroke

AYYYYYYY PASQUALE JUST CONFIRMED GAIA FOR EDC LAS VEGAS

FUCKING PUMPED

https://instagram.com/p/3ejFnFh_1j/?taken-by=pasqualerotella

In celebration of this here's a throwback to Ultra 2014 where Gaia played for ASOT 650

Gaia live at A State Of Trance 650 / Ultra Music Festival 2014

I am cumming so hard :eek:

Looks like EDC doing some stream stuff with Yahoo. If it's not a disaster I'll make a thread...

aren't you gonna be there?

L1NETT

Holy shit just seen Ten Walls outburst

what an arsewipe of the highest order

Sucks when artists whose music you love turn out to be grade A cunts. Good on those festivals for cancelling, twat has committed career suicide.

Sai-kun

Banned

Sucks when artists whose music you love turn out to be grade A cunts. Good on those festivals for cancelling, twat has committed career suicide.

I was just about to post about this!

For those who didn't see it:

Ten Walls gets dropped by his agency and festivals after going on a homophobic rant on FB

Disappointing, because I liked his music a lot, but happy about the response from the festivals.

What an idiot though, for real. How stupid do you have to be to go on a rant like that, especially when you think about the origins of house music.

mr stroke

What an asshole

Too bad, the guy is a quality producer.

Aomber

Disclosure at MSG sold out all the floor tickets to American Express holders despite having a pre-sale access code for the album.

Hoping they held some for the general sale otherwise I'm not going lol.

Aomber

Well I guess there was some fuck up with ticketmaster cause I just landed west GA tickets for MSG

Ticketmaster seems to screw that up quite often, I've tried getting into shows that say there's only 100 level seats available but then floor becomes available later for no explainable reason. Makes no sense, lol.

ANYWAY, super excited about that! Love me some Disclosure :D

Dreaver

Hey EDM-gaf! I'm DJ'ing a party for approx 60 people tomorrow. I'm looking for a few nice tracks with some nice energy in them. I'm not really into EDM so I'd like a few recommendations

Go give you a few examples:
- Tiesto - Traffic
- David Guetta - Dream
- Swedish House Mafia - Save The World
- Daft Punk - One More Time
- Rune RK - Calabria

Etc. etc.

The ages are between 40 and 50. I'm mostly playing different genres (rock and stuff) but I could use some more dancefloor smashers. And I don't think they'll appreciate techno ;)

Thanks!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hey EDM-gaf! I'm DJ'ing a party for approx 60 people tomorrow. I'm looking for a few nice tracks with some nice energy in them. I'm not really into EDM so I'd like a few recommendations

Go give you a few examples:
- Tiesto - Traffic
- David Guetta - Dream
- Swedish House Mafia - Save The World
- Daft Punk - One More Time
- Rune RK - Calabria

Etc. etc.

The ages are between 40 and 50. I'm mostly playing different genres (rock and stuff) but I could use some more dancefloor smashers. And I don't think they'll appreciate techno ;)

Thanks!

Look at stuff from Zedd, Calvin Harris, Kaskade, Above & Beyond, and Kygo. Most of their stuff is pretty top notch with high energy.

cdyhybrid

I wonder if I was ever on there ;3

I was on the rail for Duke Dumont and Eric Prydz!

Prydz was mind bending. I could feel the kick drum in my throat

They didn't show either of those guys on stream -.-

Lineup was pretty shit TBH. Tommy Trash and Zedd were fine as usual, but other than that...

This is apparently coming up soon:

k7Te243.png

Talonz

This new Galantis album! Sooooo good! I <3 You(best of the album), Peanut Butter Jelly(best summer song) and then Don't Care to round it all off. It's a must listen to album just for those three songs!

Top Bottom