• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Milchjon

Can someone explain the massive success of Lean On to me?

It hurts my hipster sensibilities to hear it on the radio all the time when I like it a lot :-/

Also, I quite enjoy the whole album, although I don't even know whether it even fits in here. Maybe the Pop thread would be more appropriate.

cdyhybrid

Can someone explain the massive success of Lean On to me?

It hurts my hipster sensibilities to hear it on the radio all the time when I like it a lot :-/

Also, I quite enjoy the whole album, although I don't even know whether it even fits in here. Maybe the Pop thread would be more appropriate.

It's a good song :p

Edit: A little taste of Prydz at Circuit Grounds from EDC this past weekend

This was the first time seeing the full capability of the stage up close, it was crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGv_4AIHycs

Hardwell

I remember when Kaskade randomly played on the art car and everyone was like "Who the fuck is that?" I guess maybe he just isn't all main stage Hardwell and has a different side.

I caught the tail end of this set. It was pretty damn good. Gained a little more respect for Hardwell.

Top 3 sets of EDC for me (that I saw):

1) Gaia
2) (tie) Prydz and Carl Cox

I missed so many DJs that I wanted to see due to varied logistics fuckery or schedule conflicts T.T

Next time!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's not quite #tbt yet, but here's an amazing Olander track that I had totally forgotten about until today. Such a classic:

Jeremy Olander - Mary

Prydz has dropped this in a bunch of his sets and I've never been able to identify it.

Pretty lights had to be my set of the weekend. Everything from breaks, downtempo, dubstep, incredible.

Man, you're not kidding. Listening to this set now and it's amazing.

Aomber

Major Lazer took the stage last night on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon, actually a solid performance!

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/major-lazer-ft-mo-lean-on/2876961

Also took the time to listen to Peace is the Mission just the night before this. A surprisingly fantastic album :) I dunno why but for some reason I've never been a huge fan of Major Lazer, but this was great. Some really nice songs in there I wouldn't have expected.

MajorLazerPeaceIstheMission.png

chris121580

Major Lazer took the stage last night on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon, actually a solid performance!

Also took the time to listen to Peace is the Mission just the night before this. A surprisingly fantastic album :) I dunno why but for some reason I've never been a huge fan of Major Lazer, but this was great. Some really nice songs in there I wouldn't have expected.

I couldn't get into that album on my first listen...may have to give it another go. Galantis on the other hand is fantastic

Milchjon

Still not completely convinced Diplo was actually playing that bass. :D

Brass section was a nice touch.

As for the album, I think it's amazing besides being way too short. It will also be hard to follow up Lean On with more singles. Powerful is the obvious one, but beyond that, I don't know.

Aomber

I couldn't get into that album on my first listen...may have to give it another go. Galantis on the other hand is fantastic
To be honest I didn't think the Galantis album was amazing or anything. I don't know, it has great songs don't get me wrong, but it feels too much like a singles compilation – not enough variety for my likings

Still not completely convinced Diplo was actually playing that bass. :D

Brass section was a nice touch.

As for the album, I think it's amazing besides being way too short. It will also be hard to follow up Lean On with more singles. Powerful is the obvious one, but beyond that, I don't know.
He's just not a trained bass player or anything, but I mean he was playing 4 notes basically. Not hard for most people to do

Kozak

Banned
Hey guys I hate to be that guy but I would really appreciate your support in liking my Facebook DJ Profile page.

https://www.facebook.com/deejaySABO

I'm in a DJ contest that will pit me against 80 other people with the winner playing at STEREOSONIC and an overseas Music Festival.

As you can imagine with these things, they take into account a lot of things and your fan base/support is one of the major things they consider.

With industry professionals, label managers, nightclub owners and big name DJ's attending, I really think this is my shot to make an impression and turn the hobby that I've been quietly dedicated to into a legit career in the music industry.

As a return for the favour I'll record and post the mix I'll be playing!

This seriously means a lot to me and I would be so appreciative of any support!

Heres a sneak peek of one of the edits I should be dropping:

https://soundcloud.com/sabit-kozak/flutatious-vs-crunk-sabo-edit

Aomber

I don't think I can do another camping festival in 100+ heat. Shiiit I was like dead until 9 PM.

Yeah I hear you, it's not worth it if you can't keep it up. I did camping at a festival and promptly decided it wasn't for me. Glad I did it once for the experience but now I know just to book hotels :p I wanna be able to maintain my energy throughout the weekend.

Hey guys I hate to be that guy but I would really appreciate your support in liking my Facebook DJ Profile page.

https://www.facebook.com/deejaySABO

I'm in a DJ contest that will pit me against 80 other people with the winner playing at STEREOSONIC and an overseas Music Festival.

As you can imagine with these things, they take into account a lot of things and your fan base/support is one of the major things they consider.

With industry professionals, label managers, nightclub owners and big name DJ's attending, I really think this is my shot to make an impression and turn the hobby that I've been quietly dedicated to into a legit career in the music industry.

As a return for the favour I'll record and post the mix I'll be playing!

This seriously means a lot to me and I would be so appreciative of any support!

Heres a sneak peek of one of the edits I should be dropping:

https://soundcloud.com/sabit-kozak/flutatious-vs-crunk-sabo-edit
From one GAFer to another, I'll give you some insight into the industry & my advice since you seem to really want to push your career forward.

I get the impression from your post and your Soundcloud that you're pushing the fact that you're a DJ. Simply put, this isn't really gonna get you anywhere. You have to release your own music.

Nobody makes it as a pure DJ now a day. It just doesn't happen, it doesn't really matter if you win a DJ competition or anything like that because even if you meet promoters, A&Rs, whoever it is – they're gonna ask you, "so where's your music?" Thing is people just aren't really interested in a pure DJ in 2015. If you're concerned with getting fans, you get fans by releasing good music. There are guys who only DJ and have ghost producers (which I definitely do not encourage), but the point is they still release tracks.

My $0.02

I will listen to this mix then I will never use Beats 1 again.

Hahahaha right there with ya

Kozak

Banned
From one GAFer to another, I'll give you some insight into the industry & my advice since you seem to really want to push your career forward.

I get the impression from your post and your Soundcloud that you're pushing the fact that you're a DJ. Simply put, this isn't really gonna get you anywhere. You have to release your own music.

Nobody makes it as a pure DJ now a day. It just doesn't happen, it doesn't really matter if you win a DJ competition or anything like that because even if you meet promoters, A&Rs, whoever it is – they're gonna ask you, "so where's your music?" Thing is people just aren't really interested in a pure DJ in 2015. If you're concerned with getting fans, you get fans by releasing good music. There are guys who only DJ and have ghost producers (which I definitely do not encourage), but the point is they still release tracks.

My $0.02

I definitely agree with you and producing is something I've been working hard at for the past 6 months. Turns out its not as easy as learning to mix but I definitely feel my focus on DJing has given me a better understanding of music which is making the learning process easier than if I had done it the other way round and started producing first.

I absolutely want to be dropping my own bangers in clubs in at least a years time.

At the moment though I've been given a pretty sick chance to at least get this DJ thing rolling :) I've gone mobile as well with a company, doing the birthday party, corporate and wedding grind for a pretty good rate.

I really like DJing and music. Playing a club, dropping bangers or playing a 50th birthday with classic hits from the 80s, either way I love what Im doing :)

Talonz

Bassnecatar is the king of bass and if you haven't listened to the first two tracks of his new album you are MISSING out. It's on Spotify so no excuse!

mr stroke

Bassnecatar is the king of bass and if you haven't listened to the first two tracks of his new album you are MISSING out. It's on Spotify so no excuse!

Little disappointed with this album, love Bassnectar, but something feels missing from this release. Couple of good tracks, but was wishing for something a bit darker and harder.

cdyhybrid

EDIT: Never mind I found the schedule... Ignore everything below.. been a long day...

Not sure if this is the right thread to post it in, if someone thinks there's a better place to ask this, please direct me....

But I really like to go to this Block Party Concert in Seattle on the weekend of July 24-26.

I just want to see TV on the Radio and Ratatat.

It costs $125 for the three day even or $50 for one, day.

What I'd really like to know is

1) If Ratatat and TV on the Radio are playing the same night (they are both the biggest billing, so... not sure)

and if Yes...

2) Which night? so I can buy the tickets for it.

Any more info on this Block Party? Anyone know? Thanks!

cdyhybrid

Not sure if this is the right thread to post it in, if someone thinks there's a better place to ask this, please direct me....

But I really like to go to this Block Party Concert in Seattle on the weekend of July 24-26.

I just want to see TV on the Radio and Ratatat.

It costs $125 for the three day even or $50 for one, day.

What I'd really like to know is

1) If Ratatat and TV on the Radio are playing the same night (they are both the biggest billing, so... not sure)

and if Yes...

2) Which night? so I can buy the tickets for it.

Any more info on this Block Party? Anyone know? Thanks!

No idea who TV on the Radio and Ratatat are (well, I've heard the names but that's about it), but your answers are probably here:

http://capitolhillblockparty.com/home/lineup/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to the Gabriel & Dresden Open-to-Close Classics Only show tonight. Cannot WAIT for a solid 6 hours of old school trance.

Also my friends sent me this Soundcloud channel that has hundreds of classic trance sets from the 90s and 00s. Worth a listen if you like old school trance.

Top Bottom