• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

cdyhybrid

Jack U killing it on the Spring Awakening stream
GLF5jbv.png

I think I'll try to make an EDC thread sometime Wed. I doubt the stream be as good as the Ultra one because EDC usually suck but maybe... they learn? Probably not but what the hell.

Aomber

Oh man Omnia is fucking insane, god damn.

A bit too crowded though, just getting shoved by people non stop and couldn't dance properly most of the time

Jarnet87

EDC set times are up

Of course the livestream isn't showing Prydz. I just hope his set gets recorded, wasn't last year. Anxious to see how much jumping around the livestream will do.

Dat 3 hour Carl Cox set on friday night/saturday morning. horry sheet.

EDC set times are up

Of course the livestream isn't showing Prydz. I just hope his set gets recorded, wasn't last year. Anxious to see how much jumping around the livestream will do.

Dat 3 hour Carl Cox set on friday night/saturday morning. horry sheet.

Are you talking about this?

As for the live stream how does it work? I've never actually watched their live stream cause I was there or a few years ago listened on radio.

cdyhybrid

https://www.insomniac.com/media/announcing-edc-las-vegas-2015-livestream-djs

Artists featured in this year’s live stream will include:

12th Planet
3LAU
Above & Beyond
Adrenalize
Alison Wonderland
A-Lusion
Aly & Fila
Amine Edge & Dance
Andrew Rayel
Andy C + Armanni Reign
Arty
Audien
Benny Benassi
Bingo Players
Bixel Boys
Blasterjaxx
Brennan Heart
Calvin Harris
Carnage
Chuckie
Cosmic Gate
Dada Life
Dannic
Danny Avila
Darren Styles
Dash Berlin
Deorro
Dieselboy
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
DJ Snake
Dom Folla
Dyro
Dzeko & Torres
Fatboy Slim
Ferry Corsten
Firebeatz
Flux Pavilion
Galantis
Gladiator
Grandtheft
Green Velvet & Claude VonStroke: Get Real
Hardwell
Ilan Bluestone
Jack Beats
John Digweed
Kaskade
Kennedy Jones
Keys N Krates
Kidnap Kid
Kove
Laidback Luke
Loudpvck
Markus Schulz
Martin Solveig
Moby
Moti
Myon & Shane 54
NGHTMRE
Oliver Heldens
Orjan Nilsen
Pan-Pot
Party Favor
Pretty Lights
Sander van Doorn
Seven Lions
Showtek
Skism b2b LAXX
Snails
Speaker of the House
Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano
Thomas Gold
Tiësto
TNT
Tokimonsta
Tommy Trash
Trollphace vs Getter
UMEK
Vena Cava
Wiwek
Yellow Claw
Zomboy

More names are to be announced!

Talonz

The new Galantis album is so crazy good. Peanut Butter Jelly may be one of the greatest summer songs ever created. I'm really in love with the song You also. Don't Care is another awesome song also.

Aomber

So I went to the first day of EDC Vegas. Epic festival, but it's probably my least favorite festival I've been to. That's not to say I dislike it, it's just my least favorite.

There's just a lot of issues around layout, crowd control, and overall being overcrowded. Tomorrowland handles all of this way better – I have to compare it to Tomorrowland because that's the other juggernaut EDM festival and it's just so on point compared to EDC.

But I'm still having a blast, the stages and artwork are cool and there's a lot of great acts. The people around are cool as well.

Aomber

So, I had a great time this weekend at EDC, but I'm gonna make one big point short and sweet without making it too too long - I could talk a lot about more about this.

This festival needs to be 21+. It's currently 18+, that is too young. The shit I saw this weekend totally blew my mind, people are stupidly irresponsible, not to mention the festival is in the middle of the desert in crazy heat. The lead health inspector of EDC talked at edmbiz and admitted that 18-20 year olds are the biggest issue by far.

Insomniac is not thinking about the safety of their attendees and only thinking about selling tickets. It is a known fact that people in that age group are irresponsible, hell why are clubs 21+? The las vegas desert is the worst place to do this kinda thing. Besides, 18 year olds have no business running around Las Vegas if you ask me. If I was Pasquale I would burn some bridges and make this shit 21+. You'd lose a lot of people but that would bring people who werent considering it before, and the festival would probably get a better reputation in the long run.

Had to rant, I'm surprise there aren't more incidents to be completely honest. It's a tragedy that stuff happens at all but people are really dumb at EDC.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So, I had a great time this weekend at EDC, but I'm gonna make one big point short and sweet without making it too too long - I could talk a lot about more about this.

This festival needs to be 21+. It's currently 18+, that is too young. The shit I saw this weekend totally blew my mind, people are stupidly irresponsible, not to mention the festival is in the middle of the desert in crazy heat. The lead health inspector of EDC talked at edmbiz and admitted that 18-20 year olds are the biggest issue by far.

Insomniac is not thinking about the safety of their attendees and only thinking about selling tickets. It is a known fact that people in that age group are irresponsible, hell why are clubs 21+? The las vegas desert is the worst place to do this kinda thing. Besides, 18 year olds have no business running around Las Vegas if you ask me. If I was Pasquale I would burn some bridges and make this shit 21+. You'd lose a lot of people but that would bring people who werent considering it before, and the festival would probably get a better reputation in the long run.

Had to rant, I'm surprise there aren't more incidents to be completely honest. It's a tragedy that stuff happens at all but people are really dumb at EDC.

Could you elaborate on your experiences? Seems like you are dancing around what you saw. As someone thinking of going next year, I would like to read something a bit more detailed.

Aomber

Could you elaborate on your experiences? Seems like you are dancing around what you saw. As someone thinking of going next year, I would like to read something a bit more detailed.

Yeah I'm not gonna detail the personal stories I had on this forum to be honest, but I'm a bit confused what is unconvincing about my post. It's the hottest time of the year in the middle of the desert, and kids are dropping shit like molly likely with zero previous experience, not knowing what they're doing, etc. It's a really hostile environment, and the numbers speak for themselves. Over 500 medical incidents on the first night alone, and one death (which is one too many). It's irresponsible to have kids that young running around.

The most I'll say is I literally had a girl tell me she didn't take molly but took ecstasy... lol. Talk about uneducated, she was completely out of her mind, chances are it could have been anything but ecstasy, like meth or bath salts or some crazy shit. That sums up a lot of what i'm talking about and is just one example.

EDIT: Just to add – this happens at a lot of festivals, I know. But it's the combination of what happens and the location + time of year that gets me. It is really brutal.

Jarnet87

I thought EDC Vegas always was 21+ but guess not. Would make sense given that Vegas is strict on the strip but so is South Beach and I believe for the first time this year Ultra was 18+.

will be downloading sets from EDC when I get home from work. Skimmed through the Prydz set, that last track.

GIF-freaking-out-my-god-oh-my-god-omfg-OMG-Picard-shocked-GIF.gif

Prydz too much.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yeah I'm not gonna detail the personal stories I had on this forum to be honest, but I'm a bit confused what is unconvincing about my post. It's the hottest time of the year in the middle of the desert, and kids are dropping shit like molly likely with zero previous experience, not knowing what they're doing, etc. It's a really hostile environment, and the numbers speak for themselves. Over 500 medical incidents on the first night alone, and one death (which is one too many). It's irresponsible to have kids that young running around.

The most I'll say is I literally had a girl tell me she didn't take molly but took ecstasy... lol. Talk about uneducated, she was completely out of her mind, chances are it could have been anything but ecstasy, like meth or bath salts or some crazy shit. That sums up a lot of what i'm talking about and is just one example.

EDIT: Just to add – this happens at a lot of festivals, I know. But it's the combination of what happens and the location + time of year that gets me. It is really brutal.

Thanks. I just wanted to know was there something out of the ordinary like violence or some crap like that. I wasn't trying to pry into your personal life or anything.

I watched the Yahoo broadcast and not sure why they just don't do dedicated feeds from each stage. It seems that it wouldn't cost more money as you have the crews at each area anyway, maybe bandwidth costs dictate otherwise. What I really would like is dedicated feeds from each stage and still or roaming cameras showing the activities/art going on around the festival. But then again, that would lead to broadcasting some of the stuff Aomber described.

jambo

fAS8ck2l.jpg

https://pro.beatport.com/release/joof-editions-vol-2/1536563

01. John 00 Fleming & The Digital Blonde (00.Db) - Amanitas
02. Miika Kuisma & Luminecent - Wave Of Life
03. Matt Lange - Falling Into Place
04. Rick Pier ONeil - Funktional
05. Kalden Bess - Broken
06. Marian Brito - Univers (Subconcoius Tales Remix)
07. Phoebus - Three Eye Raven
08. Blusoul - Depth Of Emotion (Progress Inn Remix)
09. Napalm & D-Phrag - Rise Up (Cetera Remix)
10. Rich Curtis & Dark Soul Project - Synesthesia (Gai Barone Son Of A Duke Remix)
11. Guy J - Dizzy Moments
12. Rick Pier ONeil - Rool To The World (Part 1)
13. Rick Pier ONeil - Loud And Proud (Part 2)
14. Armystral - Fire (Eric Sneo Remix)
15. Alessandro Spaiani - Revenge
16. Andy Ling - Fixation (Relaunch Remix)
17. Airwave - A Touch Of Grace (Deep And Dark Mix)
18. The Digital Blonde & Splattered Implant - The Weeping Willow (Facade Remix)
19. Nanoplex - The Droog (Headflux Remix)
20. Audionoir - One More Night (Airwave Remix)
21. Manu Riga - The Darkness Within (Airwave Remix)
22. Airwave - Tigris And Euphrates
23. Rick Pier ONeil - The Dark Machine
24. Alex Di Stefano - Black Panther
25. M.I.T.A. - Black Or White (Sutter Cane Remix)
26. Justin Schumacer - Resist (Sutter Cane Remix)
27. John 00 Fleming - Tik Tok (Part 1)
28. Bryan Kearney - Say Nothing (Alex Di Stefano Remix)
29. Zen Mechanics & Egorythmia - Dragonfruit (Lyctum Remix) (Album Edit)
30. Astrix - Techno Widows (Sonic Species Remix)
31. 1200 Micorgrams - Shivas India (Outsiders Remix)
32. Micky Noise - 7 Theories
33. John 00 Fleming - The Imperial Echo Of Devastation
34. Protonica - Floating Joint
35. TiconHops Of Hades
36. Gaudium - Tornado
37. Static Illusion - Mind Keepers
38. Audiotec & Space Cat - Touring
39. Liquid Soul & Zyrus 7 Aka Talla 2XLC - The Future (Liquid Soul Remix)
40. Astrix - High On Mel
41. John 00 Fleming - 5000 Light Years From Earth (Ambient Mix)

PV6XUbB.gif

Aomber

Thanks. I just wanted to know was there something out of the ordinary like violence or some crap like that. I wasn't trying to pry into your personal life or anything.

I watched the Yahoo broadcast and not sure why they just don't do dedicated feeds from each stage. It seems that it wouldn't cost more money as you have the crews at each area anyway, maybe bandwidth costs dictate otherwise. What I really would like is dedicated feeds from each stage and still or roaming cameras showing the activities/art going on around the festival. But then again, that would lead to broadcasting some of the stuff Aomber described.
No worries mate. No violence that I saw, but you did get a lot of people who don't understand festival culture. In the sense like, many people weren't very polite here but were rather rude and you'd get constantly pushed out of the way with no regard even if you weren't in the way. Obviously not everyone, there are the nice ones, but it sucks there's the bad apples too. Maybe I've been spoiled by the culture of festivals like Tomorrowland but I didn't experience a crowd like this at the other festivals I've been to.

Anyway don't get me wrong, artists and stages were awesome but crowd was a big no-no for me.

I've been saying 21+ forever. But there more money in it being 18 probably, and at the end of the day EDM only getting more mainstream here in the states. It's only going to get worst, that frat boy mentality of just going to get fucked up is growing... and i hate that but you have to take the bad with the good i guess.

mr stroke

DKTYnYDl.jpg

Pretty lights had to be my set of the weekend. Everything from breaks, downtempo, dubstep, incredible.

Mark Knight tore me a new asshole on Friday, he destroyed that 7 up stage with bomb after bomb.

Also-Loco Dice, Datsik, GAIA, Claude Von Stroke b2b Green Velvet, all killed it.

Main stage Owl was ok, but last years Cathedral is much more impressive. Still an amazing set up and production thats second to none.

Other than the terrible heat(102 at midnight) it was a fantastic weekend. Time to sleep for 2 days.

I thought EDC Vegas always was 21+ but guess not. Would make sense given that Vegas is strict on the strip but so is South Beach and I believe for the first time this year Ultra was 18+.

will be downloading sets from EDC when I get home from work. Skimmed through the Prydz set, that last track.

GIF-freaking-out-my-god-oh-my-god-omfg-OMG-Picard-shocked-GIF.gif

Prydz too much.

Any download links other than the .wav file Prydz put up?

iTunes wont add it to my library.

Top Bottom