• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

spootime

I just bought my ticket to tomorrowworld. What should I expect / any advice? This is the first edm festival I've ever been to.

dvdjamm

Ultra Europe Day 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kob83jzJHF4

ultra-europe-day-1.png

The schedule is in Central European Summer Time, so you’ll have to do some converting to line it up with your own specific time zone (ET is six hours behind, PT is nine hours behind). They just announced that they're streaming the last half hour of Axwell/Ingrosso at roughly 2:20 AM (5:20 PM Pacific)

I feel bad because I totally forgot about it :(

QP3

Went to Omnia last weekend in Vegas, Calvin Harris was the show. I have not been really in to EDM prior to that, but it really struck a chord with me. Show was incredible. Honestly, one of the funnest weekends of my life. Since, I have been exclusively listening to the EDM spotify playlists. Didn't even know this thread existed until now. Omnia was very crowded but an awesome place if you can handle that. Would go again.

Went to Omnia last weekend in Vegas, Calvin Harris was the show. I have not been really in to EDM prior to that, but it really struck a chord with me. Show was incredible. Honestly, one of the funnest weekends of my life. Since, I have been exclusively listening to the EDM spotify playlists. Didn't even know this thread existed until now. Omnia was very crowded but an awesome place if you can handle that. Would go again.

Glad you had fun. There are a lot of clubs beside Onmia. Check out wantickets.com to see who's performing.

Aomber

Nice! Welcome to edmgaf :D

Yeah Omnia is pretty packed, fantastic club though, definitely check out the other megaclubs in Vegas when you get the chance

Kozak

Banned
Hey guys I recently put together a mix for the Electro Circus Music Festival! Would be awesome if you could check it out and leave us some feedback!

https://soundcloud.com/sabit-kozak/sabo-electro-circus-festival-mix-competition-2015

Track list:

Reece Low - Circus
Timmy Trumpet & SCNDL - Bleed
Deorro - Dechorro
Laidback Luke - Dynamo (Will Sparks remix)
Rihanna - All of the Lights (Joel Fletcher Bootleg)
Will Sparks - Bourne
Matt Watkins - Africa (Will Sparks edit)
Timmy Trumpet - Nightmare
Timmy Trumpet - Snapback (Will Sparks remix)
Calvin Harris & R3hab - Burnin'
New World Sound & Reece Low - Bounce That
Timmy Trumpet & New World Sound - The Buzz
Avicii - Waiting for Love (Carnage & Headhunterz remix)
Marron 5 - Maps (Will Sparks remix)

jambo

wBj_x7aqk__Mmvi2RpJ8aM7uLL9JfvaS4wm_I3vJ4lFnX_K77gr0lFqxrh80MhiA9W9O9WYE=s500-c-e100-nu

https://pro.beatport.com/release/myrki-heima/1548759
https://play.google.com/store/music...rd_Myrki_Heima?id=Bd6hvru3ttzs4tdqfsikxfqny3e

01. Torshavn
02. If Grey Was the Colour of the Sun
03. Myrki Heima
04. Reykur
05. Sólsetur
06. Vetur Ljósin
07. The Sad and Troubled Oscillator
08. Molntus
09. Svefnlaus
10. 1922
11. Douch
12. Into Dawn
13. Metaphorsis

Amazing new album from Marcus Schössow, combining progressive house, techno and dark ambient sounds. Current contendor for my album of the year.

cdyhybrid

wBj_x7aqk__Mmvi2RpJ8aM7uLL9JfvaS4wm_I3vJ4lFnX_K77gr0lFqxrh80MhiA9W9O9WYE=s500-c-e100-nu

https://pro.beatport.com/release/myrki-heima/1548759
https://play.google.com/store/music...rd_Myrki_Heima?id=Bd6hvru3ttzs4tdqfsikxfqny3e

01. Torshavn
02. If Grey Was the Colour of the Sun
03. Myrki Heima
04. Reykur
05. Sólsetur
06. Vetur Ljósin
07. The Sad and Troubled Oscillator
08. Molntus
09. Svefnlaus
10. 1922
11. Douch
12. Into Dawn
13. Metaphorsis

Amazing new album from Marcus Schössow, combining progressive house, techno and dark ambient sounds. Current contendor for my album of the year.

Oooh, gonna check this out.

Anyone going to Burning Man this year? This will be my 4th year in a row.

Highlights from Burning Man 2014 include 8 surprise performances by then freshly-minted Jack U, 2 shows in 1 night by one of my favorite dubstep artists, Datsik, plus G Jones, Minnesota, An-ten-nae/Dimond Saints, ill.gates, and of course, the famous Camp Questionmark, the best sound system on the playa.

Night pic from a couple years ago:

burn-night-2013.jpg

mr stroke

Anyone going to Burning Man this year? This will be my 4th year in a row.

Highlights from Burning Man 2014 include 8 surprise performances by then freshly-minted Jack U, 2 shows in 1 night by one of my favorite dubstep artists, Datsik, plus G Jones, Minnesota, An-ten-nae/Dimond Saints, ill.gates, and of course, the famous Camp Questionmark, the best sound system on the playa.

Night pic from a couple years ago:

burn-night-2013.jpg

On my bucket list

Always wanted to go for years, but could never find anyone to go with. Wife and friends want nothing to do with dirty dancing on the salt flats :\

Aomber

i know

i know

but i really like that skrillex produced song for Vic Mensa

http://thisiswalder.com/2015/07/vic-mensa-no-chill/

i know

i even don't hate the new Calvin Harris/Disciples (of they don't know fame) track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWSM3wCiKY
Those are both great – nothing wrong with liking stuff on the more popular side :) if it's good, it's good

On my bucket list

Always wanted to go for years, but could never find anyone to go with. Wife and friends want nothing to do with dirty dancing on the salt flats :\
Doesn't Burning Man last like a week or something too? Asides from not being able to find the time I doubt I'd be able to survive that hahaha

QP3

Nice! Welcome to edmgaf :D

Yeah Omnia is pretty packed, fantastic club though, definitely check out the other megaclubs in Vegas when you get the chance

Thanks! We are planning to head back in September when the 3rd of my close friends turns 21. Any suggestions in particular?

cdyhybrid

Thanks! We are planning to head back in September when the 3rd of my close friends turns 21. Any suggestions in particular?

Depends on who's playing, honestly.

Speaking strictly of venues, I'm a big fan of Drai's, but they seem to be leaning towards live hip hop shows rather than electronic DJs nowadays.

Aomber

I haven't been to all of them yet, but if I said you had to go to one, definitely Encore Beach Club.

As others have mentioned it really depends who's playing, you can't go wrong with most of them. The only one I'd probably stay away from is Hakkasan if you can help it – most times it's wayyy too packed.

EBC:

tumblr_m4x1r5KnDU1rwnv1zo1_1280.jpg

On my bucket list

Always wanted to go for years, but could never find anyone to go with. Wife and friends want nothing to do with dirty dancing on the salt flats :

Where are you from? I would recommend going with someone experienced or with a camp where you know a lot of people for your first time. Helps to have that resource and people to hang with. Or you can always look to volunteer for some project out there. Great way to meet people and get involved.

chris121580

I know it's been talked about some in this thread but man...the new Galantis album is probably my album of the year so far. It's so damn good and catchy. Every track is just great...the kind of album you could throw on with friends over and just let it play

Aomber

The contrast between Guetta/Solumun and Carl Cox/Aoki is gonna be HILARIOUS

artless coporate shite to gold like this

oh and Kaskade released a new song from his forthcoming album

not feeling it. Miss stuff like Eyes.

Hahaha yeah, they're streaming both stages at the same time luckily so it won't be cutting back and forth or anything

I agree. I love Kaskade but I haven't been feeling his most recent works. Don't get me wrong I love the more pop stuff, but I like stuff that really stands out and it feels like lately the songs he's been making could be made by anyone (in terms of having a "sound/identity")

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's been talked about some in this thread but man...the new Galantis album is probably my album of the year so far. It's so damn good and catchy. Every track is just great...the kind of album you could throw on with friends over and just let it play

Listening to it now and you're not kidding. I'm halfway through the album and not a single song so far hasn't been great.

Kozak

Banned
Hey GAF Ive put together a 20 minute mix for Q-Dance for their Defqon.1 DJ competition and it seems to have gained some traction.

http://soundcloud.com/qdance/defqon1-au-2015-dj-contest-sydney-sabo

Top 10 from the Sydney mixes will get to battle it out MASIF night club at a Q-Dance event for a chance to play at Defqon.1 Festival Australia in September.

It would mean a lot to me if you could give it a listen! Looks like I have a real chance to at least score a club gig at a pretty big event! Would appreciate some feedback on some of my transition ideas and if they work, thanks :)

Track list:

1. Uberjak'd & J-Trick - Psystyle
2. Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero ft. Matthew Koma -Sparks (Turn Off Your Mind) (Atmozfears & Audiotricz Remix)
3. Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Lose My Mind
4. Neilio-Better Off Alone (2012 edit)
5. Lost Frequencies - Are You With Me(Mindshockers Hardstyle Bootleg)
6. Brennan Heart Ft. Jonathan Mendersohn - Imaginary
7. Wasted Penguinz - Melancholia
8. Galantis - Run Away (Focuz Bootleg)

If you think its good enough for a vote you can vote for me here: -Vote- and click [Sydney | Sabo]!

Top Bottom