• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

That should be fun, I want to see Kaskade in NYC but unfortunately he's playing the same night as Disclosure :\ no biggie I've seen him a couple times now.

I still gotta see A-Trak – it's crazy I haven't still. I actually went to see him at the light in Vegas but I was still really jet lagged that day and went home before he went on cause he wasn't gonna be on until like 3:30 am since Baauer came on first.

EDIT: Speaking of which has anyone listened to Kaskade's Automatic album yet? I haven't gotten around to it, may do that before I head to bed tonight.

I've listened to it and I vaguely remember 3 songs stuck out to me but that was about it.

cdyhybrid

That should be fun, I want to see Kaskade in NYC but unfortunately he's playing the same night as Disclosure :\ no biggie I've seen him a couple times now.

I still gotta see A-Trak – it's crazy I haven't still. I actually went to see him at the light in Vegas but I was still really jet lagged that day and went home before he went on cause he wasn't gonna be on until like 3:30 am since Baauer came on first.

EDIT: Speaking of which has anyone listened to Kaskade's Automatic album yet? I haven't gotten around to it, may do that before I head to bed tonight.

I listened to it once. The songs that stood out to me were the singles, but that might change as I listen to it more.

Aomber

Also speaking of things that are Automatic, Zhu's Automatic track w/ AlunaGeorge was already posted but since then he's posted a few others for his Genesis Series, most notably for me his collaboration with Gallant – LOVE how he blends this really soulful vocal with a dark yet funky, sexy production. Gotta say this makes me excited for what Zhu has to come.

ZHU x Gallant - Testarossa Music

Here's the other tracks which are also great

ZHU x Bone Thugs-n-Harmony x Trombone Shorty - Hold Up, Wait a Minute (Audio)

ZHU x A-Trak x Keznamdi - As Crazy As It Is (Audio)

Fishing for recommendations here. Looking for great prog house a la Pryda (particularly the Every Day Private Remix) and some of Cirez D (like Rebel xx), as well as solid minimalist house/techno a la Green Velvet/Carl Cox.

cdyhybrid

Just got back from Kaskade. Dude absolutely destroyed the club. What a legend. If you can get to his tour (probably tough at this point), fucking do it.

Eanan

Been doing alot more listening for Trap also. Haven't found a artist I like yet tho.

Theres a Trap OT that I tried to keep afloat like two years ago, but it faded. Might be worth checking it since your only getting into the subgenre.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503498

Maybe ill give it one for try to revitalise it :D

Even though Trap has faded a bit over the past 6 months or so (even though Jack U have exploded, at least the constant stream of good trap has faded) after the burst of two/three years ago.

Some Trap ive been liking lately:

Gent & Jawns - Moon Bounce

Kill The Noise - Mine (feat. Bryn Christopher)

Boombox Cartel & NGHTMRE - Aftershock

TroyBoi - Afterhours (feat. Diplo & Nina Sky)

And the usual:

Jack Ü & Snails - Holla Out VIP

Aomber

Wowowowow why did I not listen to Jamie xx earlier. Gonna listen to the rest of his album "In Colour" asap

Jamie xx - Loud Places (ft Romy)

Jamie xx - Girl

Fishing for recommendations here. Looking for great prog house a la Pryda (particularly the Every Day Private Remix) and some of Cirez D (like Rebel xx), as well as solid minimalist house/techno a la Green Velvet/Carl Cox.
These should be right down your alley

Jeremy Olander - Hanover (Original Mix)

Fehrplay - Pyara (Live Edit)

Fehrplay - Renegade

Maceo Plex - Solar Detroit (Original Mix)

Eats Everything feat. Tiga vs Audion "Dancing (Again!)" (Official Video)

Milchjon

So that Tropical House stuff seems to be successful all over, right?

How come all of that music comes from grey Europe? Kygo, Robin Schulz, Felix Jaehn and others?

Us Germans are not sunny people!

Yea, I think around The Twin Cities it's slowly getting there in terms of trends. I haven't listened to my local radio station but the last time I checked they played most of the popular EDM tracks. I think when Future and Tropical House fades in the rest of the US we should be getting them next since we are still a state that favors more country, rap/hip-hop, and pop.

In terms of the US as a whole, yes Tropical House is the trend right now. I haven't listened to too much Future House to know its sound yet so I don't know if it is trending or not. When did the bigroom trend died? This year or last year? Wasn't most of the main stages playing a mix of bigroom and bounce these past 2 years?

For commercials I've see recently in the US I think they played alot of Tropical House and I think it's Glitch Hop, not too sure on that since I think it was only Apple that played one Glitch Hop track.

cdyhybrid

Yea, I think around The Twin Cities it's slowly getting there in terms of trends. I haven't listened to my local radio station but the last time I checked they played most of the popular EDM tracks. I think when Future and Tropical House fades in the rest of the US we should be getting them next since we are still a state that favors more country, rap/hip-hop, and pop.

In terms of the US as a whole, yes Tropical House is the trend right now. I haven't listened to too much Future House to know its sound yet so I don't know if it is trending or not. When did the bigroom trend died? This year or last year? Wasn't most of the main stages playing a mix of bigroom and bounce these past 2 years?

For commercials I've see recently in the US I think they played alot of Tropical House and I think it's Glitch Hop, not too sure on that since I think it was only Apple that played one Glitch Hop track.

Big room hasn't died yet. It's still packing main stages at festivals and stuff. Feels like that will be where the biggest hits come when the bubble pops, though. It's basically just pop music at this point.

Big room hasn't died yet. It's still packing main stages at festivals and stuff. Feels like that will be where the biggest hits come when the bubble pops, though. It's basically just pop music at this point.

Yea I agree. It's Electronic musics most marketable sound and the crowd will eat it up. In a way I'm a snob for hating it but I should like it since I enjoy House music. I digress though since any exposure to EDM is better than anything. I think my very first experience would be.... those DJs all the ricers in my area played. I think DJ Babyboii or something like that hah. Wasn't very fond of it until the 2000s when I started watching Adult Swim and with them playing a ton of Electronic music from J. Dilla to Boards of Canada and Prefuse 73. Damn, those were the days lol.

I think my very first track that I illegally downloaded would be.... In My Mind Axwell mix. Hearing that for the first time was fuckin' crazy.

cdyhybrid

Yea I agree. It's Electronic musics most marketable sound and the crowd will eat it up. In a way I'm a snob for hating it but I should like it since I enjoy House music. I digress though since any exposure to EDM is better than anything. I think my very first experience would be.... those DJs all the ricers in my area played. I think DJ Babyboii or something like that hah. Wasn't very fond of it until the 2000s when I started watching Adult Swim and with them playing a ton of Electronic music from J. Dilla to Boards of Canada and Prefuse 73. Damn, those were the days lol.

I think my very first track that I illegaly downloaded would be.... In My Mind Axwell mix. Hearing that for the first time was fuckin' crazy.

It's fine at a certain time/place, like most music. The problem is that everyone is doing it and pretty much everyone's stuff sounds very similar. There's no innovation, it's just people trying to cash in on the trend.

Aomber

In terms of the US as a whole, yes Tropical House is the trend right now. I haven't listened to too much Future House to know its sound yet so I don't know if it is trending or not.
Basically, listen to Oliver Heldens and Tchami, and you'll know what it sounds like.

I don't like bigroom at all but I'm a bit confused by the latter part of your post because that'd be implying that pop music is a bad thing. I mean, there's been some really excellent electronic music discussed here that the artists themselves consider Pop firstly.

cdyhybrid

Basically, listen to Oliver Heldens and Tchami, and you'll know what it sounds like.

I don't like bigroom at all but I'm a bit confused by the latter part of your post because that'd be implying that pop music is a bad thing. I mean, there's been some really excellent electronic music discussed here that the artists themselves consider Pop firstly.

Not at all. I'm just saying that pop music is easy-come, easy-go. When the next hot thing comes along, you're done.

One of my favorite Producers, Hellberg, released his latest track with MrSuicideSheep called Slumber Party. It's a nice track. Not a banger or crowd pleaser per se but it's very uplifting.

Hellberg - Slumber Party

Vicetone also released another track last week titled "I'm On Fire". Another track with some energy that I know I'm gonna be playing on repeat.

Vicetone - I'm On Fire

I'm beginning to recognize a Hellberg track now. He's beginning to get his sound down now. Vicetone on the otherhand... These two are a bit unpredictable. I love that they can be unpredictable but it makes it harder for me to recognize their tracks lol. I have to say that they are all definitely growing.

Edit: This is apparently the new Need For Speed sountrack. Nice to see some Monstercat artists in there. What do you guys/gals think? It is a fanmade site though so it might not be credible.

DToneli

Neo Member
Next month, there will be a festival with Armin van Buuren, Don Diablo and Nervo in my city! We usually have 2 of these festivals a year, so it's always a big thing

mr stroke

BPM tickets up
2oMWdKg.jpg

Going Jan7th-14, crossing fingers Cox, Hawtin, & Loco Dice parties are on or around those dates

I suggest anyone that digs techy sounds go ASAP. Basiclly Ibizia in Mexico for a 10days with every Techno/Tech Hose/Deep House DJ on the planet.(plus cheap booze and tacos)

paradise-

iqudYDx.jpg

Aomber

Oooo just looked into this guy Pomo who's opening for Disclosure at MSG in a couple weeks and he is super funky :D seriously give him a listen. The AlunaGeorge remix in particular is just fantastic.

(On a side note, Claude VonStroke is opening for Disclosure as well. I am very okay with that.)

AlunaGeorge - Supernatural (Pomo Remix)

Mark Ronson - I Can't Lose Ft. Keyone Starr (Pomo Remix)

Also found this track that Zedd dropped during his set last week and it's absolutely bananas, I love the build up to the second drop. Definitely have to be ready to go hard when you listen to this though lmao

Matisse & Sadko - Lock 'N' Load (Extended Mix)

Aomber

EDIT: Oops, meant to edit this above instead of make a new post :p oh well

Anybody have any recommendations for Deep House producers and songs? I feel like expanding my House songs instead of just House and Prog House.
Here's three very different tracks but depends what you're looking for.

This is straight deep house

Dusky - Careless

This is future house which some people associate as deep house, but regardless I love this track so much

Robin Thicke - Feel Good (Oliver Heldens Remix)

Technically not deep house but has certain elements that could be considered so, with more traditional house roots

Chris Lake - Chest

Holy shit the mash-up at the end of this weeks Tritonia is amazing!!

Tritonal x Cash Cash - Take Me Home Now Or Never (Cash Cash’s Untouchable Tour Mashup) - https://soundcloud.com/tritonalmusic/tritonia-105 at about the 57 minute mark.

I know right? That was bonkers.

So glad to hear both Hellberg and Vicetone were on Tritonia!!

Here's three very different tracks but depends what you're looking for.

This is straight deep house

Dusky - Careless

This is future house which some people associate as deep house, but regardless I love this track so much

Robin Thicke - Feel Good (Oliver Heldens Remix)

Technically not deep house but has certain elements that could be considered so, with more traditional house roots

Chris Lake - Chest

Hm, thanks. I've heard of Chris Lake but have never delve deeper. I'll give these a listen and see if I can have them on repeat or not.

Aomber

Aomber, those are fantastic. So ear gasmic. Got anymore?

I got a chance to listen to the rest of Jamie xx's "In Colour" and I have to say it's a very fascinating album, absolutely outstanding. A lot more instrumental than I expected and takes the listener on a pretty dark journey - definitely check it out. It's hard for me to recommend anything similar to it because it's quite unique. I will note the album is pretty mellow. It's really not dance music, but nevertheless a fantastic work of art, and I think anyone who loves music should know it's well worth a listen. Pitchfork gave it an absolutely glowing review as well.

homepage_large.8f09545c.jpg

As for some other tracks similar to the latter part of my post:

This track really monkeys around.

Primate [original ] Dark Face Recordings by AJ LORA

Matt Lange is a new addition to the mau5trap family, this is from his new album "Ephemera". Haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I've heard some great stuff.

Matt Lange - Ripples

Give em the D

Cirez D - Mokba (Original Mix) [MOUSE017]

One of Disclosure's older ones but still a personal favorite

Running - Jessie Ware (Disclosure Remix)

Aomber

So Razer recently launched a music platform on their websites where some artists give their production advice as well as sample packs and what not for other producers to use. Some pretty great stuff on there, specifically Feed Me has a couple great videos which is pretty rare of him to do. Really admire his work.

But more to the point, this video has been making the rounds recently in the music community, blogs, etc. No comment, I'll just leave this here to see what EDMGAF thinks.

808 Tutorial | CARNAGE | Razer Music

Razer Music: http://music.razerzone.com/

Top Bottom