• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

NgwLPpv.jpg

Currently celebrating by playing an obvious prerecorded set at ADE. It's live on YouTube for those interested https://youtu.be/Dp4_-GwZNW0

I'm not surprised at all. These guys were hiring people to carry iPads around at festivals to get people to vote for them.

Sai-kun

Banned
djmag is a joke, there's not much discussion to be had around it

speaking of Kill The Noise, his album fucking rips

finally got my grubby paws on it, bout to listen through it now, i'm hype as fuck for it

also, I saw Disclosure do a DJ set last night, and Claude VonStroke opened for them. Claude killed it and totally overshadowed them lmao

also lion babe was there and she's so pretty :3

finally got my grubby paws on it, bout to listen through it now, i'm hype as fuck for it

also, I saw Disclosure do a DJ set last night, and Claude VonStroke opened for them. Claude killed it and totally overshadowed them lmao

It's like the maxim hot 100 list but way worst. At least that list you can kind of debate some of them this list is just ugh.. yea.

I mean some of them aren't wrong with some producers/djs not being on that list and shouldn't be on that list. I actually do applaud them if they are actually DJing on their sets but with how many people there are at all these festivals and how high and drunk they are, they want to be noticed and partake so of course you would have many producers just have everything recorded and all they do is adjust the sound check and interact with their crowd. So in essence, all their sets all sound similar to their past sets.

Some of them I believe should be on that list just so that they can get more exposure. Galantis, Yellowclaw, obviously Vicetone, MAKJ, and Coone. (Trap, House, and Hardstyle lol.) I'm sure you all have somebody that you believe should be on it for exposure sake but again, lists like these are a joke and doesn't really gauge skill.

Carl Cox seems to be the frontrunner in this particular issue and I think it would be awesome if I get the chance to go to one of his sets even though I'm not very fond of Techno.

On the issue of Tritonal and all that jazz, I think we all got that out of the way. I'm still going to be listening to their newest tracks and their latest podcasts but I'll always keep that thought in mind that they can abandon their fanbase just like that.

cdyhybrid

Seeing Claude VonStroke Halloween weekend!

jX2ntX2.jpg

Carl Cox seems to be the frontrunner in this particular issue and I think it would be awesome if I get the chance to go to one of his sets even though I'm not very fond of Techno.

I would recommend it if you ever get the opportunity!

Saw him at Freaknight last year and at EDC this year and he killed it both times.

mr stroke

ATTLAS remixed Led Zeppelin's "Ramble On" and it's actually really good

Ramble On (ATTLAS Remix - FREE DOWNLOAD)

Aaand right after I played that song I discovered this gem

No Mana - Tell Me

Also I'm going to this in one week's time! Have to say I'm very excited, been four years since I've been to the garden for a concert

12079039_1072160042795399_809771659968272052_n.jpg
FUCK YES

I know some of EDM GAF isn't hot on that album, but its really grown on me. Not as good as their first, but still great. Weeknd, Sam Smith, & LION BABE collaborations are fantastic groovy tunes.

Aomber

Eekkoo made an edit for Loud Places that I dig, doesn't really change too much but just adds a nice groove to the song for a bit of a different vibe. After listening to the original on repeat it is honestly one of my favorite songs I've heard in a long time, it's an absolute masterpiece.

Jamie xx - Loud Places (feat. Romy) [Eekkoo Edit]

EDIT: Whoa pretty sweet new track by DJ Snake, didn't expect this

DJ Snake - Middle (Audio) ft. Bipolar Sunshine

FUCK YES

I know some of EDM GAF isn't hot on that album, but its really grown on me. Not as good as their first, but still great. Weeknd, Sam Smith, & LION BABE collaborations are fantastic groovy tunes.
Yeah I agree those are some of my favorite songs as well. I definitely don't dislike the album by any means and I've still been playing the album, I hope my critique was clear in that regard, I just didn't think it was as amazing as it could have been.

The show should be epic anyway :D I'm expecting some surprise guests that were featured on the album. Pomo and Claude Vonstroke are opening

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to an Edu Imbernon show tonight. Pretty psyched for it; I had never heard of him but a friend of mine wanted to go and after listening to the sets on his soundcloud page I was sold. Groovy, dark techno / tech-house.

Aomber

Aomber

^^ Saw that earlier that's awesome :D still bummed I missed 3.0 at MSG but oh well can't do it all

LTTP here but I'm diggin this track, love how it's a cover baby bash's sugar. The music video is entertaining too haha

Robin Schulz - Sugar (feat. Francesco Yates) (OFFICIAL MUSICVIDEO)

-----------------------

Skrillex produced this most recent track from the Biebs. It's pretty good for what it is – but it's a pop track, not exactly "Skrillex material". I can see why Skrill's name isn't in the title because people (myself included) would have expected something closer to Where Are U Now.

I have to give him credit where credit is due – Skrill is really killing it. I mean the fact that he can release a track like this, and a track with Zhu that could not be any more different is pretty outstanding. He's really showing off his diversity as a producer more than ever.

Justin Bieber - Sorry (Dance Video)

Aomber

YES! DISCLOSURE AT THE GARDEN TONIGHT - on my way to NYC right now :D

They were far and away my favorites at edc and that was just their DJ set, this is their full live show
Who produced it??

Cuz I
secretly
love it also
See above (skrillex)

Anth0ny

YES! DISCLOSURE AT THE GARDEN TONIGHT - on my way to NYC right now :D

They were far and away my favorites at edc and that was just their DJ set, this is their full live show

Enjoy! It's a fantastic show.

Tonight, I head out to hear bangers. Zedd, Dillon Francis and special guests!

Sai-kun

Banned
Enjoy! It's a fantastic show.

Tonight, I head out to hear bangers. [bn]Zedd, Dillon Francis and special guests[/b]!

hype! I got floor tickets for my girl and I to see them next Thursday when they come to my city, I'm so hyped! I wasn't too hot on Zedd's last album, but I know his live show is still pretty sick, and Dillon Francis being there is just the icing on the cake. I can't wait to hear all the new shit live!

Aomber

Hell yeah disclosure was fantastic last night :D really amazing performance from the two of them, they brought out a few special guests from some of their songs too. No Sam Smith which I was a bit surprised about but oh well.

I was pretty fascinated by the show since it was very much a concert more than a dance event where they played a lot of real instruments ala drums, keyboard, singing, guitar etc. Also it was of the more traditional variety of start and stop between songs, which isn't really something I've seen before from a group like that. It's pretty clear they're trying to step away from "EDM".

Saw Kaskade Saturday night in NYC. Really digging the music from his new album live. I listened to it before and it sounded good to me but listening live was just a whole experience on its own.

Aomber

Saw Kaskade Saturday night in NYC. Really digging the music from his new album live. I listened to it before and it sounded good to me but listening live was just a whole experience on its own.
Nice I wanted to go to that show aaaah why did it conflict with Disclosure. All good I've seen Kaskade a bunch of times now

Anyway yeah that can definitely make a difference, I always liked Disclosure's Holding On but when they played it in MSG there was just so much energy it was a ton of fun

Loco Dice's Essential mix this week
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06j0wh3

PURE FIRE :eek:
I will definitely have to listen to this tonight

Matt Lange is a new addition to the mau5trap family, this is from his new album "Ephemera". Haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I've heard some great stuff.

Matt Lange - Ripples

Oh wow, had no idea he changed labels. He used to be on Anjunabeats/Anjunadeep.

or Kill The Noise x Feed Me's latest collab banger

speaking of Kill The Noise, his album fucking rips.

Yes it does.

"I do coke, so I can work longer, so I can earn more, so I can do more coke."

Top Bottom