• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Anth0ny

Just grabbed my tickets for this!

84pw8.jpg

After Hardwell got cancelled at Veld earlier this year, I'm hype as fuck!!!!!!! Indoor so there's no chance weather will fuck this up!

though with Toronto's luck this year when it comes to festivals there will probably be some fucking killer blizzard that cancels christmas and solaris :(

Aomber

I'm ready.

That lineup is insane, so many artists I'd love to see. CHVRCHES mostly since I have never seen them before. Too bad it's not really near me =\

I really ought to try to find an event for new years this year if I can. I'm usually in Boston around that time and there isn't really tons around there for electronic music, usually requires going to NYC or something which is quite pricey for new years to say the least.

Sai-kun

Banned
Zedd played at my school for two hours and it was fucking awesome

Dillon Francis + Zedd tonight!!! So fucking hype!!!

That lineup is insane, so many artists I'd love to see. CHVRCHES mostly since I have never seen them before. Too bad it's not really near me =

I really ought to try to find an event for new years this year if I can. I'm usually in Boston around that time and there isn't really tons around there for electronic music, usually requires going to NYC or something which is quite pricey for new years to say the least.

I'm really excited for the event too, it's really unexpected for a NYE event here in Chicago TBH. Usually they get just one or two really good artists, but both days are totally stacked which is crazy. I'm looking forward to RTJ and Skrilly the most. I hope he plays that JBieb track he produced lol 😂

mr stroke

1. Embrace feat Eric Vloeimans
2. Another You feat Mr Probz
3. Strong Ones feat Cimo Fränkel4
4. Make It Right feat Angel Taylor
5. Face Of Summer feat Sarah Decourcy
6. Heading Up High feat Kensington
7. Gotta Be Love feat Lyrica Anderson
8. Hands To Heaven feat Rock Mafia
9. Caught In The Slipstream feat BullySongs
10. Embargo with Cosmic Gate
11. Freefall feat BullySongs
12. Indestructible feat DBX
13. Old Skool
14. Off The Hook with Hardwell
15. Looking For Your Name feat Gavin DeGraw

xNQd3sT.jpg

:\

Armin where dat trance at...................?

Aomber

1. Embrace feat Eric Vloeimans
2. Another You feat Mr Probz
3. Strong Ones feat Cimo Fränkel4
4. Make It Right feat Angel Taylor
5. Face Of Summer feat Sarah Decourcy
6. Heading Up High feat Kensington
7. Gotta Be Love feat Lyrica Anderson
8. Hands To Heaven feat Rock Mafia
9. Caught In The Slipstream feat BullySongs
10. Embargo with Cosmic Gate
11. Freefall feat BullySongs
12. Indestructible feat DBX
13. Old Skool
14. Off The Hook with Hardwell
15. Looking For Your Name feat Gavin DeGraw

:

Armin where dat trance at...................?
Ugh... Yeah, I heard Strong Ones recently and it was really generic. Think I'm gonna pass on listening to the album.

I'm all for artists experimenting but I don't really like this direction. I'm not saying he has to stick to trance but I know when he played at ultra the general consensus was his set at the ASOT stage blew away the one he played on mainstage.

mr stroke

Think I'll sit this one out.

Its odd some of the tracks(at least the first 2 mins before the cheese vocals and fart noises come in) have heavy old school trance elements. Armin has all the money and a private jet, so I don't understand why he's making cheese after cheese when he could sell out arenas/clubs playing GAIA stuff :\

cdyhybrid

Its odd some of the tracks(at least the first 2 mins before the cheese vocals and fart noises come in) have heavy old school trance elements. Armin has all the money and a private jet, so I don't understand why he's making cheese after cheese when he could sell out arenas/clubs playing GAIA stuff :
I think that's the oddest part. You know he still has it in him to make that stuff, it just comes out less and less frequently.

Aomber

Just listened to a little bit of Pogo's album – for those that aren't familiar, he's done a lot of Disney arrangements on Youtube of some of their iconic films, as well as other TV shows and movies and what have you. You can listen to the album below, it's quite brilliant.

Pogo - Kindred Shadow (Full Album)

His most iconic Disney arrangement:

Alice | Pogo

chris121580

Still going through the Armin Van Buuren album..it's really inoffensive and he knows how to make catchy tunes. I can understand why some would be put off by it. I will say that 'Face of Summer' is an awesome song

cdyhybrid

All Gone Pete Tong stage has been fire all night here at Freaknight. Hot Since 82, Kolsch, Amine Edge & Dance, and now the man himself is on. Gonna have to choose between Nero/deadmau5 and Claude VonStroke though 😫

Sai-kun

Banned
Wait I gotta dress up?!

YES BITCH DRESS UP

WE GONNA SLUT IT UP

(like always lmao)

Dillon Francis and Zedd were amazing last night. I actually kind of hated how perfect Zedd's show was lol. The music synced up with the lights TOO perfectly.

Also that remix of Jack U by Oliver is so good.

(Also I know GAF hates promo but I did an awesome mix tonight, and you can listen to it here: https://m.mixcloud.com/technicolors/ :) it features like 25+ artists and is a 30 song mix spanning an hour! It's good shit, I promise <3)

cdyhybrid

I feel like I can't trust Joel anymore. He's such a cynical cunt that unless he's playing some filthy techno I feel like he's trolling us. I find myself going back to Claude VonStroke because I know where he stands.

Ashhong

Still going through the Armin Van Buuren album..it's really inoffensive and he knows how to make catchy tunes. I can understand why some would be put off by it. I will say that 'Face of Summer' is an awesome song

This is what I was gonna say. You guys should give the album a chance. It's about the same quality as Intense. Whether or not you liked that album is a different story.

But yea, pretty weird how you can definitely hear solid trance elements in some of his songs, and then hear it turn into generic.

Aomber

Steve has confirmed its out next month, not sure why iTunes has it down as next year.

Oh okay, that makes more sense, I thought it was sooner than that.

As far as I'm concerned he's making better stuff than Axwell ^ Ingrosso (though I do enjoy their stuff as well) so this should be really great.

Kozak

Banned
Yo wtf is happening on twitter between Skrillex and Mau5 lol.

Pretty surprised by Skrillex tbh haha

Didn't think he was the type to start spitting without being provoked first.

12107028_922108441214887_4669743270114476116_n.jpg

Eanan

Yo wtf is happening on twitter between Skrillex and Mau5 lol.

Pretty surprised by Skrillex tbh haha

Didn't think he was the type to start spitting without being provoked first.

Are they not good buddies and used to troll online? Id be wary thats its a joke or publicity stunt, but if not, Joel deserves to receive some for once as he comes across as incredibly narcissistic and bitter on twitter etc.

He hasnt been relevant or put out anything close to the RAT in nearly 5 years too.

Aomber

So Zedd put on the show of all shows last night. He brought out deadmau5 and daft punk as surprise guests in St Paul.

EDIT: Eh, you know what they say, "if it's too good to be true it probably is". Joel was in California for DOTD, have to say I was pretty skeptical, more so seeing as Daft Punk haven't performed in years. Happy halloween ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ https://twitter.com/deadmau5/status/660710960198516736

Are they not good buddies and used to troll online? Id be wary thats its a joke or publicity stunt, but if not, Joel deserves to receive some for once as he comes across as incredibly narcissistic and bitter on twitter etc.

He hasnt been relevant or put out anything close to the RAT in nearly 5 years too.

It's not. He talked about Joel in an interview recently in a similar light.

Diplo, Simon Patterson, and ESPECIALLY Infected Mushroom absolutely slaughtered tonight.

What a fucking party.
I saw Infected Mushroom a couple years ago and they were so awesome, would love to see them again some time soon

Ashhong

So Zedd put on the show of all shows last night. He brought out deadmau5 and daft punk as surprise guests in St Paul.

EDIT: Eh, you know what they say, "if it's too good to be true it probably is". Joel was in California for DOTD, have to say I was pretty skeptical, more so seeing as Daft Punk haven't performed in years. Happy halloween ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯ https://twitter.com/deadmau5/status/660710960198516736

It's not. He talked about Joel in an interview recently in a similar light.

I saw Infected Mushroom a couple years ago and they were so awesome, would love to see them again some time soon

What happened, did Zedd come out in the mouse hat and play deadmau5 songs or something?

So I'm watching We Are Your Friends..... It's not good. The soundtrack isn't good even for my tastes :/ Perpetuates the stereotypes of rave and edm culture. I'm not as educated in the history but when Zac tells us about the different bpms that shit was way too stupid..

The best parts? Emily's boobies. And Shane, Shane is always a badass.

Top Bottom