• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Egg Monster Hero (Square-Enix) RPG famitsu scan

neo2046

up6353.jpg

up6354.jpg

Looks pretty neat, although I have no clue what's going on. If it's just some monster raising RPG, like I'm assuming, I doubt I'll be that interested.

Stryder

The name of this game had me interested when I saw it on the release lists, but man.. that just looks freaking wierd, I don't know what to make of it, the art style is a bit :/

I don't know what it's about, but that dude at the bottom... his enthusiasm is contagious. HOLY SHIT EGG MONSTER HERO DS SHIT YEAH!!!!!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Chesapeake Silt said:
I don't know what it's about, but that dude at the bottom... his enthusiasm is contagious. HOLY SHIT EGG MONSTER HERO DS SHIT YEAH!!!!!
FUCK!!! EGG MONSTER HERO DS!!! BRING IT!!!!

The "Earth monster with the volcano hat" made me smile and the lady in top right corner made me cry. That Square developer sure knows how to charge the emotions.

MetatronM said:
Well...strange. Need info. Somebody get to translating.

Haha yes, this game looks great, it's got a nice charm about it. I'm hoping we're going to get more than just scans. But really it looks great, the graphics seem really clean and crisp then what I'm used to even on the GBA. I love it.

belgurdo

Banned
Miburou said:
Graphics are a bit disappointing, though (about GBA level).

Yeah, this dissapoints me too...will the majority of developers even try to tap ths machine's potential, unlike the GBA imo?

Yeah today was quite a nice surprise, big thanks to neo for all the scans.

Looks very interesting, I can imagine the battles being a huge amount of fun with the touchscreen. Should get some good impressions at TGS in a few weeks.

WordofGod

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
Though nothing is confirmed, retail outlets are positiioning this title as a launch item, slated ambiguously for March of 2005

March 2005 in America or Japan? Did the release of DS get delayed?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
While I don't exactly trust Nintendojo (Yoshi GC title?), I'd like to know where that March launch thing came from.

EDIT: Hang on...did you just link us to E3 information?

SantaC

Mama Smurf said:
I don't understand why you've provided that link anyway, isn't it ancient?

My bad. Here is the latest:

New Egg Monster Heroes Information
Square-Enix's brand new DS RPG, and first game for the system -- Egg Monster Heroes -- has been relatively under the radar since first revealed at E3 2004. Now, however, a few new details have been splurged.

Exploratory Elements - towns, dungeons, overworlds, etc.
The ability to "drag" your allies into battles with the enemy for a multi-tiered attack.
The ability to target different, specific parts of the body.
Maps and items are usually viewable on lower screen.
Though not much, these new details offer up some idea of what we'll be getting come release, though even more details are expected to be revealed at the Tokyo game Show. (wj)

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1094698810

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
The ability to "drag" your allies into battles with the enemy for a multi-tiered attack.
The ability to target different, specific parts of the body.

Thats a cool use of the touch screen, at least for a 1st gen DS games

jarrod

Banned
Wario64 said:
Will Square actually bring this game over to the states?
It was already announced for US release with it's english title (Egg Monster Heroes). In fact, this will be the first Hanjuku Eiyuu game to come to America.

Top Bottom