• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethelred

FFChris said:
You're right. :lol

I really need to see that film.

No you don't. :/

Saint Gregory said:
What graphics engine is that? I hope we see some more games built on that even if BD does badly. Those shots look fantastic.

At the very least, I'm optimistic we'll see Blue Dragon 2 built off that engine. :D

And yeah, it looks gorgeous. Even moreso in motion.

Saint Gregory said:
What graphics engine is that? I hope we see some more games built on that even if BD does badly. Those shots look fantastic.

I've been sayin'. Just going by the demo alone, Blue Dragon looks INSANE. I've seen those shots of DC and beebo before but I was still floored on how amazing the game looked running on my TV. That one sequence in particular near the stormy sea was freakin' incredible.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm very surprised by the Lair score, what the hell happened? This was hyped up to be absolute greatness. I'm also surprised by the Blue Dragon score, the game seemed to have been very well received by GAF across the board so I was expecting it to get somewhere within 8.5-9.5 from all the big names.

I am not surprised by the Mario Strikers score though, it looks like a solid game and it got solid scores from each of the reviewers.

GSG Flash said:
I'm also surprised by the Blue Dragon score, the game seemed to have been very well received by GAF across the board so I was expecting it to get somewhere within 8.5-9.5 from all the big names.

Actually, if you read the impressions around here you probably wouldn't be expecting that high of a score. People did like it but there are some definate problems with the game, most notiably is that it starts way too slow, the story is very basic, and it's pretty linear and it doesn't open up for awhile into it. It's a very old school JRPG. The scores for Blue Dragon are probably going to be all over the place.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Actually, if you read the impressions around here you probably wouldn't be expecting that high of a score. People did like it but there are some definate problems with the game, most notiably is that it starts way too slow, the story is very basic, and it's pretty linear and it doesn't open up for awhile into it. It's a very old school JRPG. The scores for Blue Dragon are probably going to be all over the place.
Any luck on the potato yet man?

papercut

GSG Flash said:
I'm very surprised by the Lair score, what the hell happened?

The game was mostly hyped because of its graphics. However, lots of people still remember Factor 5's Rogue Squadron games and pretty much knew what to expect from the gameplay (meaning, more of the same).

I kinda got tired of the RS games and the ground missions in Rebel Strike were terrible, so yeah...no surprises here for me.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hitler Stole My Potato said:

Yeah that's true, most of the impressions I read were from the first 3 days of the game's release in Japan. Still surprised though because EGM's scores are fairly low.

Tideas said:
whenever I read this thread, I think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6SAuHY9HOs
whenever I read this post, I think of this

alfwx1.gif

Norml

beelzebozo said:
54aqqmg

how could this happen to meeeee
i made my mistaaaake
got nowhere to ruuuun

Is that fake, give a full view of the mag please.

And how come you seem to be the only one to have seen it?

CoilShot

Why does everyone always overreact with reviews? Seriously, a review is a person's opinion and should be taken loosely(Case in point at God Hand review at IGN). I've played games with low rated and high rated scores. The only true way to see if you like a game is play it yourself.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
40 leagues below sea level
in a bunker

we should beat those bastards of city hall.

Why does everyone always overreact with reviews?

exactly - reviews are just security blankets for people who aren't confident in their own take on games. Some of the best games out there for me regularly score crap marks.

Oh wait.... that might be because i'm an Xbot who likes any old crap!

Norml

Vyse The Legend said:
Oh, jesus. Give it a rest already. It's legit.

Im serious, like where is the Ziff Davis Media tag at, I have four old EGM mags and they all have that on the bottom right.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
aidan said:
Screw Lair... what'd they say about Luminous Arc?

shamelessly borrows stuff from ff tactics advance, so if you like that and can't wait for ffta2, you might enjoy this. feels cheap (shitty music, ugly menus, dumb story). touch screen control is screwy. gameplay is way too simplistic for strategy rpg vets.

JDSN

Banned
CoilShot said:
Why does everyone always overreact with reviews? Seriously, a review is a person's opinion and should be taken loosely(Case in point at God Hand review at IGN). I've played games with low rated and high rated scores. The only true way to see if you like a game is play it yourself.

Its too late for common sense and decency.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
beelzebozo said:
shamelessly borrows stuff from ff tactics advance, so if you like that and can't wait for ffta2, you might enjoy this. feels cheap (shitty music, ugly menus, dumb story). touch screen control is screwy. gameplay is way too simplistic for strategy rpg vets.

Thanks. I might still have to give this a shot.

Mitsuda + "shitty music" = does not compute!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
and how do you think i'm getting these review summaries? do you think i'm making them up from the top of my head? i don't even know anything about most of these games!

also, just so you guys know, as i give summaries of stuff i'm adding them to the op for future reference.

Why doesn't beelzebozo prove to us that he actually has the magazine? I don't know, I doubt this is real guys... I mean who doesn't get their mail with their address on the front?

Makes no sense. Also Lair can't be a 5/10 game... so this is fake.

beelzebozo said:
i'm such a liar
HE ADMITS IT

Yeah, Lair wasn't looking so hot when they had that event for it back in... April? But it was still a few months off at that point. When they didn't show it at E3, that made me think that maybe they hadn't really fixed it...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kobun Heat said:
HE ADMITS IT

Yeah, Lair wasn't looking so hot when they had that event for it back in... April? But it was still a few months off at that point. When they didn't show it at E3, that made me think that maybe they hadn't really fixed it...

Factor 5 doesn't actually know how to fix anything. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom