• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I think beelzebozo made up the editors who reviewed this game. In the recent 1up yours podcast, Garnett Lee one of the editors at 1up.com, did not mention Lair in the beginning segment "whats you've been playing," yet beelzebozo claims he was one of the three reviewers of the game...

This is a hoax.

Sharp

Karma Kramer said:
Also I think beelzebozo made up the editors who reviewed this game. In the recent 1up yours podcast, Garnett Lee one of the editors at 1up.com, did not mention Lair in the beginning segment "whats you've been playing," yet beelzebozo claims he was one of the three reviewers of the game...

This is a hoax.
You're starting to scare me man.

Duke Togo

Rugasuki said:
I hope this hasn't been brought up before (I searched) but anyone think Factor 5 will release an update to allow for the option of using the sticks for flight? Seems kind of silly to dump so much time and money into a game only to have people not buy it because they aren't comfortable with the tilt controls. They could easily go the MotorStorm route and let the user choose. Factor 5 was thinking of making a sequel if this game was successful. Hate to see that go up in smoke for such an easy potential patch.
You've got a good idea there, but I think most people are going to ask why they didn't give us the choice in the first place. I agree, a patch to give the option of non tilt controls is a good idea, but it should have been an option in the first place. Christ, this game got delayed how many times? Its simply boggles my mind.

Stealth

Karma Kramer said:

This is a hoax.

Embargoes?

watership

These scores have devistated the dreams of my Dragon loving friend. He actually did a Darth Vader "NOOOOOOO!" when he read this over my shoulder. He bought a 500 dollar PS3 for Lair. Has there been a good dragon game? Anyone saying Spiro dies.

Friend: "Was that ERAGON game good? That's on PS3 right?"

:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rice from Rear indeed.

I have on good authority these scores are fake. Do you really think EGM would "understand" Persona 3?

let's take this for all it's worth

Sharp

watership said:
These scores have devistated my friend. He actually did a Darth Vader "NOOOOOOO!" when he read this over my shoulder. He bought a 500 dollar PS3 for this. Has there been a good dragon game? Anyone saying Spiro dies.

Friend: "Was that ERAGON game good? That's on PS3 right?"

:lol
dungeons & dragons has dragons in it right

The Blue Dragon review also doesn't make any sense... no negative mention of the awful frame-rate in the game? Ummmm WHAT!

How is this possible?

Sharp

It's not like the Gamepro score was that good either. Come on, guys. Let's be serious here. If beelzebozo is lying he probably won't accept a ban bet from one of you doubters (aka Karma Kramer) that the scores in this magazine are correct. If he's not, he probably will. Either way I'm not making one, 'cause I believe him, but you're welcome to!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
sure, i'll bet with anyone who doesn't believe me
i'll bet i hate you if you don't believe me

. . . and suddenly i feel like a winner

Speevy

Banned
No one would risk a permaban just to get people riled up.

Besides, the entire 1up staff posts here. They'd have this thread closed before the first page ended.

Karma Kramer said:
The Blue Dragon review also doesn't make any sense... no negative mention of the awful frame-rate in the game? Ummmm WHAT!
Demo had the bad framerate. Game (at least the Japanese version) didn't seem to suffer with it.

BUT RUN WITH IT MAN, IT'S ALL FUEL FOR YOUR FIRE! :lol

MrDaravon

doogster said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but an EGM editor pretty much confirms these scores are real on the 1up boards.

http://boards.1up.com/zd/board/message?board.id=games&thread.id=273736&view=by_date_ascending&page=4

Look for user EGMHoe

That dude Nasim flipping out in that thread is hilarious. :lol :lol

That thread is a shining example of why their boards are ****ing terrible though, and why a lot of them (1up/EGM/GFW) people browse post here instead. Half of the posts in that thread are gamefaqs level or worse, but with shitty huge avatars and quotes, and there's tons of personal attacks on people. They need to get that shit straightened out over there.

rakka

Tideas said:
what's 4 chan?

this is 4chan

800px-4chan_mascots.jpg

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
wow, 1up's boards are awful

i love you guys. seriously. all the gaf is turning into gamefaqses in the world wouldn't make it that bad

Stealth

The only thing I find strange about the scores being low, which isn't too much of a shock if true, is that Shawn Elliot said on 1UP Yours he was buying a PS3 for Lair. So... sounds like a rental for me.

rakka

nasim said:
TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proved

FACTOR 5 themselves said that the final build was completed on the 25th JULY,2007

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/808/808047p1.html

there is no way EGM could review the game in 1 day ,publish it next day and send it to the SUBSCRIBER on SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The poster at NEOGAF could have posted the scans of the latest issue somewhere and LINKED others memebers to that source.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

This is complete BS!!!

THE MOD at ******** is also a subscriber to EGM. he hasnt received any copy as of today.

TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<3

Stealth said:
The only thing I find strange about the scores being low, which isn't too much of a shock if true, is that Shawn Elliot said on 1UP Yours he was buying a PS3 for Lair. So... sounds like a rental for me.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom