• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ari

Banned
Absinthe said:
Doubtful. In the recent video podcast, all three of the people that were in the Heavenly Sword segment gushed over it. The only complaint they had was the hair.

didn't they goshed over liar.

traveler

Not Wario
ari said:
didn't they goshed over liar.

Much farther away from the final game than they did in this case, but yes, sort of.

Edit: You do realize standards change over time, McDragon? Not to mention the fact different people review each game. That DQ review is not necessarily representative of the same group that reviewed BD. (I do disagree with their review though. DQ8 was a 7.0 at best.)

Raistlin

Kabuki Waq said:
is lair further proof that a lot of traditional games do not require motion controls?

While Factor 5 may have not implemented it perfectly ... if any 'traditional' game made sense to use motion controls ... a game where you fly dragons seems to be one of them IMO.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
yoopoo said:
Whats on the cover for this month, Halo 3?

Mario Strikers summary...?

yes, halo 3 cover.

mario strikers:
it's not really a soccer game so much as a hockey game with a soccer-like sheen. it's got body-checking, etc. it's "messier," in that it's more chaotic and arcadey than the gcn game. the new "sidekicks" are awesome, and have their own special moves. the motion-sensing controls add to the gameplay, not f*** it up. "over the top but balanced gameplay"

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bebpo said:
Hey, it was Blimblim's GoTY 2006. Are you implying he has bad taste as well? :p

Is the slowdown in the demo the type of slowdown to expect in the full game?

If so, it is in no way an AAA game.

Tideas said:
In the end, the casual market won't care about EGM, and Lair will still sell millions :D

In the end, you'll be completely wrong and embarrassed.

yoopoo

Banned
beelzebozo said:
yes, halo 3 cover.

mario strikers:
it's not really a soccer game so much as a hockey game with a soccer-like sheen. it's got body-checking, etc. it's "messier," in that it's more chaotic and arcadey than the gcn game. the new "sidekicks" are awesome, and have their own special moves. the motion-sensing controls add to the gameplay, not f*** it up. "over the top but balanced gameplay"
Cool, thanks.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, air-based games on consoles that aren't called Ace Combat (or maybe Starfox if it doesn't suck) don't sell.

Tideas

Banned
omg rite said:

If I'm wrong, I will be emberass. But if I'm right?

Save this post eh?

Tobor

Speevy said:
I just hate the way it looks. Factor 5 is the one that (apparently) messed up its gameplay.

And had PS3 fans not gushed over Lair due to it's exclusivity, they would have seen it a mile away. This game had mediocre stamped on it's forehead.

Tobor said:
And had PS3 fans not gushed over Lair due to it's exclusivity, they would have seen it a mile away. This game had mediocre stamped on it's forehead.

actually sad to say but i sort of got caught up in the hype when i saw the Epicness of the last trailer.

Eventhough i knew it was made by Factor 5 :( and i had got burned by their games before.

Bebpo

Banned
omg rite said:

Yeah, the full game has slowdown and tearing in battle. Since it's turn-based it doesn't affect the actual gameplay, but it is a downer. It hurts the visual presentation a bit, but yeah...

You can check the official thread where I complained about the slowdown/tearing A LOT and DCharlie said it was all in my mind or my X360 was broken. But even though I complained about all that stuff, by the end I loved the game as did pretty much everyone else in the thread who finished it.

Tobor said:

For the most part people just liked how technically impressive it was. It's always gotten mixed impressions.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Speevy said:
There's still Two Worlds.

(and Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, and Lost Odyssey

Yeah, two worlds sounds like a real winner. Eternal sonata, proven winner.

Bebpo said:
Yeah, the full game has slowdown and tearing in battle. Since it's turn-based it doesn't affect the actual gameplay, but it is a downer. It hurts the visual presentation a bit, but yeah...

You can check the official thread where I complained about the slowdown/tearing A LOT and DCharlie said it was all in my mind or my X360 was broken. But even though I complained about all that stuff, by the end I loved the game as did pretty much everyone else in the thread who finished it.

I remember that epic fight between you two... :lol

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
AltogetherAndrews said:
Hence why it's a corporate viral rumor. Duh.
Something tells me MS rather get rid of their existing lot of Premiums and Cores. Elites are hard to come by and if I wanted to guess, I would guess they lose more money on Elite than Premium. But who knows.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
traveler said:
sigh.

5 is AVERAGE.

Everything that's not excellent is bad for me. I dont like to spend my money on AVERAGE games.

BTW, any word about the frame rate? Might still pick it up as a tech showcase if they fixed that.

Flo

omg rite said:

What does some minor slowdown in a turn based battle system have to do with BD not being an AAA game?

ari

Banned
blue dragon will still sell atleast a million.... i fell sorry for lair.

actually i don't, ..wheres my ****ing light saber game for the wii you twits. . Port all the star wars rogue games to the wii on one disc and add complete waggle and we're talk. :D

rakka

Tideas said:
In the end, the casual market won't care about EGM, and Lair will still sell millions :D

:lol

though there is a slim chance... f5 did have a million seller.

8 years ago on the n64

Wollan

Too many great games this fall to waste money on the average ones.
I truly want probably three times the amount of games that I can afford this fall.

MCD

sp0rsk said:
Yeah, two worlds sounds like a real winner. Eternal sonata, proven winner.

And Lost Odyssey might not have ground breaking gameplay, but at least the story/characters are more interesting than BD and ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom