• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

"s.LK into CA? How is that difficult?"

s.lk into flash kick, not CA. He did a standing normal into an down-up charge special.

It's not really *that* hard on its own, but it is definitely not something just anybody can whip out. I always love seeing people do it.

fresquito

In a match against a professional player? Or in the training room?
It doesn't matter, if you are a pro you are suppossed to hit what I can do in the training room in a match. It's basically doing the CA and hitting LK before punch with the right timing. What he just did with the s.LK into FK is far more difficult.

fresquito

"s.LK into CA? How is that difficult?"

s.lk into flash kick, not CA. He did a standing normal into an down-up charge special.

It's not really *that* hard on its own, but it is definitely not something just anybody can whip out. I always love seeing people do it.
I'm not talking about what he did in the fight. Sajam added at the end that Du can even do s. LK into CA, like that is such a hard thing to pull off. What we just saw is far, far harder to do.

trixx

If k-brad loses this not gonna look too good for him and dang wanted Xian and Fuudo to come out on top in the group. Group C is dope as expected. D is hella unbalanced, you got 4 crazies in Du, Luffy, Phenom and Xiao Hai. Then it's like ehh. I mean the rest are really good but doesn't seem like killers in a, b, and c

Looks like I'm kinda right lololol

Wallach

It doesn't matter, if you are a pro you are suppossed to hit what I can do in the training room in a match. It's basically doing the CA and hitting LK before punch with the right timing. What he just did with the s.LK into FK is far more difficult.

That's... why Du can get things like s.LK xx CA in an actual match and you won't. And most other pro Guiles actually don't, because it requires you to be very careful in your buffering, otherwise you're going to get s.LK xx CA when you don't actually want the CA to come out. It's generally too fast to hit confirm.

Moaradin

What's going on with Urien? Is he only great as an online warrior like Bison?

Guile is a really bad match for Urien but this tournament hasn't really had the best Urien players to begin with. Someone like Nemo can show off the true potential of the character.

wildfire

Banned
What's going on with Urien? Is he only great as an online warrior like Bison?

There is a skill gap between the Urien pickers and the other players. Hart is the exception and even then you can see it's more about Hart's skill as a player than the character.

fresquito

That's... why Du can get things like s.LK xx CA in an actual match and you won't. And most other pro Guiles actually don't, because it requires you to be very careful in your buffering, otherwise you're going to get s.LK xx CA when you don't actually want the CA to come out. It's generally too fast to hit confirm.
Executing and confirming are two entirely different things. Du is Godlike, yes, but I don't see how, execution wise, that's hard to pull-off. That was my only point.

du and phenom were 12 when sf4 came out

giphy.gif

Top Bottom