• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can usually read things between lines. Stuff like aggressiveness, anger can be seen from one's posts, it's not emotion meta really. Same if someone answers questions with stable manner.

"Stop trying to play mafia guys, we have no way of knowing how people are thinking when they type" Come on Launch, it's a game all about inferences, on day 1 especially this is all we've got.

ok ok fine, I'm making a big deal out of it. lol

I'm just saying I don't see KK being defensive.

Also

UNVOTE

I wanna see what happens.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Calm your guns GOP, Ouro will be here momentarily with the results.

Holy shit

The day 1 actions hahaha
To think this game wouldn't be like a certain other 16 player game

I'm going to be busy most of today, got a chess tournament, so if I post sparsely (for a weekend) you guys should know why. Will still try to keep up with what's going on though

Ourobolus

Banned
I KNOW, RIGHT?

The day phase has been extended.

DAY 1 ENDS AT
t1442152800z1.png

*Splinter

I like Nin. I think he's fun to have around.
Eh, we'll still have Kitty.
I just want to note that I took a look at this again this morning and I still have no idea what you're going for. Not to say that posting was an exercise for me but I feel odd having a vote on myself that seems to have a logical background but I can't see that background so I'm trying to work through it.
I'm glad I wasnt the only one struggling.
I also can't see what he means, it makes me very uneasy. He presents it as a strong conviction but leaves us to figure out why for ourselves. If we weren't in D1 I'd think this is an incredibly clumsy cop hint

My vote was evidently misplaced

I don't think scum players extend the day

UNVOTE

May not be able to change my vote for a little bit, so calm down if I'm don't have my vote on someone for some time

Sorian

Banned
Since we have almost 12 hours left there is a lot of time for everyone to chime in and start a discussion. Feel free to put some pressure on me.

Mr President. Your time is off.

Half that and you've got the correct countdown

Oh sh... Nevermind :p guess is should have shut up Haha.

Is this like a soft claim that he is going to extend the time?

I don't soft claim I do not claim at all, where did you read that into my post. Just said that I should have looked better since I made the error in saying that we had 12 hours left even thought that was false :p

Seemed like you were acting like you said something you shouldn't have said instead of a mistake, it's fine though, I was mostly joking.

As for the bolded, cross game commentary: lol

Ok, so did Nin soft claim someone else's day action? Just, you know, seems conveniently timed.

Fireblend

Banned
Well then. I guess applying some pressure with this extra time is appropriate then.

VOTE: kingkitty

I've got a dentist's appointment to attend btw, will be back in a few hours.

Burbeting

Banned
Okay then. This is a really strange power and it kind of seems non-impactful in the game as a whole (and I have to agree that it's best to use during day 1 or 2 when there is still more players in the game, and so more voices to be heard).

I have to say that I see no reason why Scum-side would have a power like this, so I'm willing to think that it's more likely that Cabbot is a Town-sided then. So..

UNVOTE

cabot

Well, here we are.

I am Ted Cruz, Climate Change Denier.

Yes, yes. It was me all along.

I'm GOP-aligned, obviously.

My ability allows me to throw the command and determine the alignment of the person with the most votes, which in this case is our man nin1000.

The return of I KNOW, RIGHT means our esteemed President is also GOP-aligned, and he owes me a favour. Perhaps I can run vice on the next democrat ticket or something, because that's the only way I'll be getting into office.

Why did I do it D1?

- Excitement
- I was a little too loose with the photos in the end and I felt like I was on the NK list considering the Mafia know I'm not scum, so being so comically Ted Cruz-y was suspect on their end
- It would help a pointless town lynch on D1, which is nice and all.
- Palmer, Sorian had said they were out today, and I'm actually going out tonight. Ouro followed up a PM saying the day gets extended, so I thought this would be beneficial for me to get absolutely plastered without checking my phone for mafia results.

I did come into the game with the endgame of going out early, and to be honest I maybe would have tried to push the voting direction a bit more to someone suspicious (kingkitty) but when I did the read list, I expected some comments and discussion, I didn't expect a hounding and a pretty sizable vote list.

Two options from here I can see:

1) You lynch me and my flip confirms what I say here
2) You trust me and Mafia may NK me, but you get a lot more Ted Cruz.

Have at ye.

*Splinter

Seems like nin is cleared, or that was some fast thinking from Cabot.

VOTE: Kalor

I forgot Kalor was in the game until I saw him post recently. Seems to be hiding in the background (again). I'll have to go back and double check to see if this is a fair accusation. I'm still catching up on the thread for now though. Seems we have some extra time anyway (thanks Cab)

Burbeting

Banned
If this confirms that Cabot and Nin are both town, then Town can have a shorter list of suspects from the start, which is obviously good. I'm going to believe this claim, since it fits with what Ouro just posted well.

Good that it extended the day too with 24 hours, since that will give us time to give things more thought, especially since both Cabot and Nin were both pretty high in the votecounts of today.

cabot

I highlighted fluff earlier in the day because I did drop several hints about Ted Cruz's maybe probably inaccurate views on global warming, The flavour of my PM :

I post BUT THERE’S SNOW OUTSIDE in the thread to check if the person with the most amount of votes is GOP or not. The moderator will post the following in the thread:

If the player is GOP: I KNOW, RIGHT?
If the player is not GOP: SEEMS A LITTLE WARM.

Not that I think anyone doubted this but to be clear, the wording of my PM hints to neutral roles

Sorian

Banned
Well, here we are.

I am Ted Cruz, Climate Change Denier.

Yes, yes. It was me all along.

I'm GOP-aligned, obviously.

My ability allows me to throw the command and determine the alignment of the person with the most votes, which in this case is our man nin1000.

The return of I KNOW, RIGHT means our esteemed President is also GOP-aligned, and he owes me a favour. Perhaps I can run vice on the next democrat ticket or something, because that's the only way I'll be getting into office.

Why did I do it D1?

- Excitement
- I was a little too loose with the photos in the end and I felt like I was on the NK list considering the Mafia know I'm not scum, so being so comically Ted Cruz-y was suspect on their end
- It would help a pointless town lynch on D1, which is nice and all.
- Palmer, Sorian had said they were out today, and I'm actually going out tonight. Ouro followed up a PM saying the day gets extended, so I thought this would be beneficial for me to get absolutely plastered without checking my phone for mafia results.

I did come into the game with the endgame of going out early, and to be honest I maybe would have tried to push the voting direction a bit more to someone suspicious (kingkitty) but when I did the read list, I expected some comments and discussion, I didn't expect a hounding and a pretty sizable vote list.

Two options from here I can see:

1) You lynch me and my flip confirms what I say here
2) You trust me and Mafia may NK me, but you get a lot more Ted Cruz.

Have at ye.

What other responses could Ouro have posted back to you?

Ok, this has been an awesome play. We're Day 1. We have two confirmed town members. We have more time to hash this out. And, we have a bunch of information just from the people who have voted for these two confirmed town members. I can't guarantee we're going to snag mafia, but I'm feeling pretty good about it right now.

I'm sticking with my vote on El Topo. Basically, everything that I've said about him has a totally new perspective on it now that Carrot is confirmed town. El Topo was going in just hard enough on Cabot so that he would draw attention - which is why he comes in as one of the last votes and actually tries to justify his reasoning for voting. A player knows that just bandwagoning is a sign of being complacent and just trying to surf the tide of the game. Most players, if you'll notice, came onto Carrot and Nin with the reasoning of "I don't see anyone better". El Topo came in deadset on Carrot and ready to prove he's right. That is very peculiar. Couple that with taking the game too seriously, trying to make avatars a thing; I think he's honest to goodness mafia.

To be honest, looking at Nin's votes right now might be a little tricky. I legitimately believe that Never Forever and *Splinter voted for Nin because he was getting annoying. I have no reason to believe that there was anything more to it than that. Sorian sorta agreed, and left his vote on Nin because it's a safe lynch for Day 1, since at the very least he'll just annoy people until the end of the game; at best, he may actually be mafia.

I'd like to hear what people think about El Topo, but more importantly, the other voters.

cabot

I'd like to say with regards to El Topo, part of me still thinks he's salty I led the lynch on him in Archer.

It's why I've not really followed through on him.

I did give my thoughts on his vote on me though.

Palmer_v1

If anything, I'd read it as scum trying to get the real Ted Cruz to counter claim and then scum know a PR to kill.

Okay, back to this since a few are confused and most haven't responded. The issue is that Sorian seems to be assuming anyone with a name, like Ted Cruz, must be a power role. There are 4 or 5 of us that can probably confirm thats not true. The real question is who wouldn't know that? The scum, for one, probably assume all ordinary town have a singular generic name when we don't seem to this game. Being a named gop does not mean power role at all. So why would sorian think finding Ted Cruz mesnt finding a power role?

I can now see why Cabot didnt pick up on it, and the reason i didnt want to fully explain is it essentially outs me as normal, and possibly Sorian as a PR, but my gut yelled scum.

I'm also concerned about splinter attacking me for a very reasonable post. He seemed upset that i didn't try to get everyone to pile on, Sorian, or that i accused him at all. Something to watch there.

I'd like to say with regards to El Topo, part of me still thinks he's salty I led the lynch on him in Archer.

It's why I've not really followed through on him.

I did give my thoughts on his vote on me though.

I would be more disturbed with this if it's true, than if he were actually mafia. Having bias affects how we read people. I really hope that's not the case here, because he's reading like a mafia to me - you can see how this would be problematic.

cabot

I would be more disturbed with this if it's true, than if he were actually mafia. Having bias affects how we read people. I really hope that's not the case here, because he's reading like a mafia to me - you can see how this would be problematic.

I definitely feel my read on him is compromised, I can't say anything for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom