• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is too anti-tempo. Again, there will be no way for us to know whether that happened or we actually blocked bsp's kill attempt. And we'll miss out on the info she'd yield. And we'll spend tomorrow talking about her again. And we might expose our blocker, if there even is one.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what anti-tempo means.

Also I have to agree that my plan has some holes. I've said as much. But I really don't think we expose our blocker with it. The blocker should never ever claim, especially not this early in the game, and especially not in the BSP framing scenario.

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone got the countdown for me? It's football time right now, so I can't search myself.

t1442437200z1.png

Fireblend

Banned
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what anti-tempo means.

Also I have to agree that my plan has some holes. I've said as much. But I really don't think we expose our blocker with it. The blocker should never ever claim, especially not this early in the game, and especially not in the BSP framing scenario.

It means we're currently on the defense since we lost so many players yesterday and we have to find a way to flip the tables.

Answer this: Let's say we follow the plan. How will we know if we're in scenario 1, 2 or 3?

*Splinter

You want some last words? :p

I still am not defending myself anymore because everything is said.

From my perspective as a player of course I want to play a little longer :) Also I had to spend a lot of energy today in defending myself and not find suspicious behavior in other players posts. So I think I would actually only start actually playing tmr. I got to say if I were you, and wasted a day on a probable death end I would want clarification as well. But since my life is on the line here, of course I don't want you to go down that road.
Ok really my last post of the day and I think BSP has nothing more to say, so here's what I was expecting:

If I were SK, I'd agree to work for town instead of being lynched. Since BSP hasn't offered anything like that it makes me think she doesn't have that option (or maybe hadn't thought of it I guess). Obviously this doesn't remove other reasons to vote for her, but as we get closer and closer to deadline I am becoming less sure that she is the SK.

You want some last words? :p

I still am not defending myself anymore because everything is said.

From my perspective as a player of course I want to play a little longer :) Also I had to spend a lot of energy today in defending myself and WAS not able find suspicious behavior in other players posts. So I think I would actually only start actually playing tmr. I got to say if I were you, and wasted a day on a probable death end I would want clarification as well. But since my life is on the line here, of course I don't want you to go down that road.

It was missing a was ^^

It means we're currently on the defense since we lost so many players yesterday and we have to find a way to flip the tables.

Answer this: Let's say we follow the plan. How will we know if we're in scenario 1, 2 or 3?

I got confused by which scenarios you meant and then found this post that I missed before:

Ok, I'll try this again.
So, the plan is that the blocker (if there even is one) blocks BSP. Here's some scenarios:

1. There is a double kill tomorrow. This can mean:
1.1 That we had no blocker after all
1.2 That BSP isn't the vig/sk

2. There is no double kill tomorrow. This can mean:
2.1 That the actual vig/sk isn't an idiot and withheld his night action to implicate bsp
2.2 That the second kill was a one-shot ability

Neither scenario (1 or 2) confirms bsp's claims about being able to turn into GOP, or anything else that we don't already know about her.

How are you going to tell between these scenarios? Why are you giving her the benefit of the doubt at all today? It's incredibly likely scenario 2.1 will happen and we'll be pretty much info-less tomorrow.

You're.... right i guess. Fuck.

I'm such a fucking flip flopper god fucking damnit.

Vote: Bananaspaceprincess

Wait... no...

Wait a minute.

" It's incredibly likely scenario 2.1 will happen and we'll be pretty much info-less tomorrow."

What makes you think scenario 2.1 is so much more likely compared to the other scenarios?

Palmer_v1

Fireblend, is it okay to be a little annoyed that I posted exactly the same argument earlier, but people ignored it?

Though I'm also happy some people are seeing some reason in it finally.

Fireblend

Banned
Wait... no...

Wait a minute.

" It's incredibly likely scenario 2.1 will happen and we'll be pretty much info-less tomorrow."

What makes you think scenario 2.1 is so much more likely compared to the other scenarios?

The possibility of bsp being the sk vs the possibility of any other player being it.

Whoever the second killer is, they stand far too much to gain by withholding their command tonight. It throws us off, makes us waste a day discussing bsp again, etc etc.

Fireblend

Banned
Even if the second killer was a GOP-aligned vig who misplayed, they should still not use their action tonight in order to throw mafia off and frame bsp, who is far less valuable to GOP.

If you want to put numbers on it:

The possibility of bsp being the second killer: 1/13
The possibility of anyone else being the second killer: 12/13
Odds that no second kill will occur tonight: 100% if whoever was responsible isn't an idiot.

SalvaPot

I am Ron Paul, Libertarian, aligned with the GOP. I love the 2nd amendment but as I don´t practice trigger discipline, I can accidentally kill the people that visit me at night, according to my role pm its a 50/50 chance. If someone dies when visiting me, I get a pm with the message OOPS and the person I killed. I can OOPS someone 3 times.

So Sorian visited me, I don´t know why, since I had the idea that he didn´t like me, and well, OOPS. This is why I am adamant on my defense of bsp, since I know she is at least not responsible of Sorian´s dead, that would be me.

I decided to keep quiet since I wanted to see how would people would rationalize the two deaths, and I am surprised how everyone jumped on the neutral wagon. Either way, I don´t want either bsp or l_p to die right now, I don´t feel either of them is a good choice for lynching.

As of how believable my role claim is. lol, well, that is really up to you guys. Honestly if I am lynched I don´t mind, I am aware mafia will try to call my bluff and kill me the following night, but seen as my role might take one of them with me I honestly want to Dare them to do so.

So yeah, if anyone should be responsible for sorian´s death is me, there is no SK, at least not yet revealed, and I still think there could be a vigilante among us. Just wanted to let it out there so town can move on with this SK talk that I know for a fact is not true yet.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh shit. Ok. This changes things.

Salva, who do you think would make for a good target today? I still think bsp might not be that bad of a target even if what you say is true, but without the double kill shenanigans it's a different situation and I think letting her live is a possibility.

Ugh, L_P might as well be a safe target considering not all of us may be able to switch our votes in time.

nin1000

Banned
I am Ron Paul, Libertarian, aligned with the GOP. I love the 2nd amendment but as I don´t practice trigger discipline, I can accidentally kill the people that visit me at night, according to my role pm its a 50/50 chance. If someone dies when visiting me, I get a pm with the message OOPS and the person I killed. I can OOPS someone 3 times.

So Sorian visited me, I don´t know why, since I had the idea that he didn´t like me, and well, OOPS. This is why I am adamant on my defense of bsp, since I know she is at least not responsible of Sorian´s dead, that would be me.

I decided to keep quiet since I wanted to see how would people would rationalize the two deaths, and I am surprised how everyone jumped on the neutral wagon. Either way, I don´t want either bsp or l_p to die right now, I don´t feel either of them is a good choice for lynching.

As of how believable my role claim is. lol, well, that is really up to you guys. Honestly if I am lynched I don´t mind, I am aware mafia will try to call my bluff and kill me the following night, but seen as my role might take one of them with me I honestly want to Dare them to do so.

So yeah, if anyone should be responsible for sorian´s death is me, there is no SK, at least not yet revealed, and I still think there could be a vigilante among us. Just wanted to let it out there so town can move on with this SK talk that I know for a fact is not true yet.

Fucking lol
GLITTER-BOMB.gif

Fireblend

Banned
Also Salva, IMO, your role wasn't worth claiming in exchange for the life of a voteless player. Pretty sure that was a stupid move.

Woah....

SalvaPot

Oh shit. Ok. This changes things.

Salva, who do you think would make for a good target today? I still think bsp might not be that bad of a target even if what you say is true, but without the double kill shenanigans it's a different situation and I think letting her live is a possibility.

Ugh, L_P might as well be a safe target considering not all of us may be able to switch our votes in time.

I still strongly suspect hyper, due to his heavy pursuit of launch/l_p, but to be honest with you I honestly don´t have a strong scummy vibe from anyone in particular. I know, I know, fucking SalvaPot changing the game so late in the day. Right now I am reading back on the reactions against bsp, since I think there is a high chance we find a scum between them.

Well Salva's role claim changes things.

I am Donald Trump. I'm good at construction (look at those towers) so every night I can WALL someone. The walled are roleblocked and protected.

SalvaPot

Also I am inclined to believe bsp, since if there was a SK between us that person would clearly have killed someone last night, that means we would have gotten 3 kills instead of the 2 we did get.

I do get why people think my claim is stupid, but town was following an empty lead that followed anywhere, and one we have seen bsp role town would had nothing to go for in day 3. If now that everyone is aware that lynching bsp will most likely NOT turn SK, then what does it mean for her role?

Does it mean there is something else hidden? Is she saying the truth? This game is about more information for town, if I had kept that information from the town any longer then I´ll be responsible for the lynch of an innocent player.

You know I only claimed because the case against BSP was weakening, right? So you can now choose between an unverified jailer or a voteless neutral.

Also I am inclined to believe bsp, since if there was a SK between us that person would clearly have killed someone last night, that means we would have gotten 3 kills instead of the 2 we did get.

I do get why people think my claim is stupid, but town was following an empty lead that followed anywhere, and one we have seen bsp role town would had nothing to go for in day 3. If now that everyone is aware that lynching bsp will most likely NOT turn SK, then what does it mean for her role?

Does it mean there is something else hidden? Is she saying the truth? This game is about more information for town, if I had kept that information from the town any longer then I´ll be responsible for the lynch of an innocent player.

I actually don't find your claim that stupid. I sort of wish it was earlier because we wasted so much of the damn day talking about BSP and an SK.

Fireblend

Banned

Yes, an innocent, worthless, neutral player. Much less valuable than you.

You know I only claimed because the case against BSP was weakening, right? So you can now choose between an unverified jailer or a voteless neutral.

Yeah. I don't think you had much of a choice anymore unfortunately.

But now we're with an hour left and have to find someone completely different. Shit, this is tricky.

SalvaPot

Yes, an innocent, worthless, neutral player. Much less valuable than you.

I said I believed her claim, didn´t I? If I believe her I clearly think she is innocent, she has made a pretty good defense I´ll say.

I don´t think I am as valuable, I already killed the doc and there is no real way to prove my role other than lynching me. If I am lynched at worst you lose a 50/50 bomb against town, if an investigator tries to clear my name I could kill it too, so if anything I also claimed out of my own interest, if I had waited any longer then another PR could had visited me at night and be killed again. Would you have liked that?

Fireblend

Banned
I said I believed her claim, didn´t I? If I believe her I clearly think she is innocent, she has made a pretty good defense I´ll say.

I don´t think I am as valuable, I already killed the doc and there is no real way to prove my role other than lynching me. If I am lynched at worst you lose a 50/50 bomb against town, if an investigator tries to clear my name I could kill it too, so if anything I also claimed out of my own interest, if I had waited any longer then another PR could had visited me at night and be killed again. Would you have liked that?

I guess you make a good point. In that case I think you should have claimed much earlier. We only have one hour left now =|

Salva fake claiming makes literally no sense if you think BSP is neutral and that he is scum. Unless you think they are both scum, but that's.... ridiculous?

The only claim of the two being fake would be L_P's since it is to protect himself from lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom