• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elemental: Fallen Enchantress |OT| 4X Fantasy TBS

Woorloog

Banned
1.1 Patch came out yesterday- good number of AI fixes/enahncements, slight performance boosts, and some balance tweaks.

Ah, yes, i should get around updating the damn OP.
So many things in my mind. Two mod ideas for this game (but will wait for more patches, and possibly and expansion before doing anything probably). Other games. PnP RPGs. Real Life. Books.

alstein

Up to 1.12 now. Just some bug fixes/savegame fixes.

1.1 AI improvements can be felt, though there is still (as always with TBSes, especially fantasy TBses) room for improvement. This is the hardest AI job in gaming.

epmode

Are you sure that's a Steam copy? Good old Brad Wardell wouldn't pay the $0 to give previous purchasers of Elemental Steam copies of Fallen Enchantress so I'm stuck with the crappy manual patch version. I might bite if this is a Steam version.

eznark

Banned
Are you sure that's a Steam copy? Good old Brad Wardell wouldn't pay the $0 to give previous purchasers of Elemental Steam copies of Fallen Enchantress so I'm stuck with the crappy manual patch version. I might bite if this is a Steam version.

Bitching about getting the game for free because of the distribution? lol

rybrad

Whoa, lots of replies.

Yes, I am sure it works on Steam as I am downloading it right this second.

For regional pricing, I can only speak to the US pricing, sorry.

Duration, I am not sure on as I just noticed it today when randomly browsing their offers.

didamangi

Would really appreciate it if someone help me get it for $8 or less (I think there's a -5% code: IAMANELDERGEEK)

Will pay via paypal :)

alstein

There is a 1.19 beta patch on Stardock's forums that ups the AI at the cost of turn time. (If you have a powerful rig, it's minimal, on marginal rigs it's noticeable).

1.2 is coming soon.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I *still* haven't started my free copy of this up. The amount of apathy I feel towards this franchise thanks to that awful first game is insane.

Woorloog

Banned
*Sigh* I need to update the OP... i need to update the damn game and play it.
Stopped playing that one at some point and... well, didn't go back.
Haven't finished anything i start in months.
There was something in this game that bothered me heavily. Not quite sure what...

alstein

Campaign expansion? I hope so, I had a shocking amount of fun doing that little campaign.

Full-fledged expansion with an emphasis on integrating the various features into each other.

FE right-now is a mish-mash of decent elements that is a good game,but it's still rough in a few spots.

Almighty

I *still* haven't started my free copy of this up. The amount of apathy I feel towards this franchise thanks to that awful first game is insane.

We are in the same boat. I even got it for free and downloaded it because people are saying it is awesome, but I just can't bring myself to play it. The first one burned me so bad.

alstein

We are in the same boat. I even got it for free and downloaded it because people are saying it is awesome, but I just can't bring myself to play it. The first one burned me so bad.

This one is worth playing, it's not a classic- but it's a solid game. It's more fun than Civ 5, not as good as FFH, but close.

Noaloha

I've spent the last few days failing miserably to get Fall From Heaven 2 working properly and it finally broke me this morning to the extent that I exclaimed out loud a resounding "fuck it."

In that game's stead, I have just purchased Fallen Enchantress + the map pack from GMG with a 20% off code and it's currently installing. I don't really know what to expect.

I was wondering if anyone has any 'smooth starting experience' tips for the game or, ideally, if anyone can link to a particularly good beginner's guide thread / video. Or is the in-game tutorial / manual uncharacteristically fine for FE?

eznark

Banned
Play the campaign, it'll give you a good idea of what hero characters can do. The city building is pretty easy to pck up.

Noaloha

Just spent the last, damn, six, seven, eight hours doing just that. Lots of fumbling through the first half a dozen chapters and, thankfully, I had a lot of fun!

alstein

1.3 patch released today- again some nice improvements, though I wish more things were fixed.

Legendary Heroes beta 1 is scheduled for next week.

Also, FE is on sale at Gamersgate today for $13- Steam key. If you're interested in LH and don't have FE, buying the game at $13 and FE for $20 is cheaper than buying FE for $40.

Woorloog

Banned
Now that the game has been out for a while and received some patches (and perhaps mods), how does it hold up?

Still haven't played this properly. Just don't have patience for games these days apparently...

Anyway, it is better than it was from what i've read. Though currently focus is apparently on the stand-alone expansion.

But modding... Stardock has dropped the ball when it comes to modding support. Mod folder doesn't work and deep modding is impossible, or at least very hard.
SD's issue seems to be lack of manpower and funding for something that is not really essential, i can understand that but it is disappointing still.

eznark

Banned
Now that the game has been out for a while and received some patches (and perhaps mods), how does it hold up?

Probably my favorite game of last year. I absolutely love it. Legendary Heroes is even better and will be out in a couple weeks.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Fallen Enchantress is on sale for $10 on steam for the next day. That's a great deal for anyone who would like to buy it but has been waiting to get it cheap. It's most definitely worth $10.

Top Bottom