• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elemental Monster -Online Card Game- |OT| of 99 cent Platinum trophies

Einherjar said:
The Grimoire and Sphinx combo is probably the best bang for your buck, will beat all noobies 100% of the time (Sacred War for both, neither is rare).
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people running that deck.

I'm trying to work on some new combinations, but I just would like to choose a pack that has the most variety.

Side note, can you get doubles in booster packs? Or will all 24 cards be unique?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I've played in every tournament to completion, and used 25 tickets at least and I have never seen a Sphinx/Grimoire combo, maybe I'm just lucky.

Toki767

Gunloc said:
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people running that deck.

I'm trying to work on some new combinations, but I just would like to choose a pack that has the most variety.

Side note, can you get doubles in booster packs? Or will all 24 cards be unique?
It's probably safe to say you can get doubles since you just get 24 random cards and a booster pack has what...35 cards total?

So the top prize in the new tournament is seven tickets instead of five? :/

Anyway, got two of my family members into the game today, and working on a third.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, glad to see my OT has attracted some new players. I've kinda gotten sidetracked from the game since getting RE4HD and BlazBlue (for the second time), and I'm sure come tomorrow I'll be into Castlevania HoD as well. And then Dark Souls next week...phew.

But yeah, I'll come back to EleMon every now and then. It's too damn good not to. :D

Raoh

It's a shame I have to start getting ready for work, I am really enjoying this game.

Incredibly simple yet full of features that just work, shame Eye of Judgment didn't make a return without the pseye like this.

The opening of a card pack animation when you win a card is a nice touch too.

Pressing a button to see invites to battle should be a ps3 staple for all games.

I can see deck building becoming fun, that was really one of the things i loved about yugioh back in the day.

Can't wait to play this more and start battling people.

Thanks for this thread, I never would have known about this game had I not clicked on this thread out of curiosity.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Sitting here trying to decide which deck I should buy a booster from, haha. I think I might break down and buy a few.

depward

Raoh said:
Incredibly simple yet full of features that just work, shame Eye of Judgment didn't make a return without the pseye like this.
It did... on the PSP. And it was an awesome, awesome game (one of my strong contenders for GOTY last year).

Still need to invest more time into this... glad to see it has a nice, vocal fan base.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Toki767 said:
Don't do it. Collect your cards the hard way!

I was thinking about buying a bunch of tickets instead, does anyone know if boosters ensure that you get a certain number of each card type (C/U/R/L)? Or is it totally random? It would suck to get like 20 common cards.

Speaking of collecting cards, how many are you guys up to? I'm up to 127 without any boosters.

Conceited said:
I was thinking about buying a bunch of tickets instead, does anyone know if boosters ensure that you get a certain number of each card type (C/U/R/L)? Or is it totally random? It would suck to get like 20 common cards.

Speaking of collecting cards, how many are you guys up to? I'm up to 127 without any boosters.
No, I'm pretty sure it's random.

I just bought a booster box and didn't get anything other than C & U cards.

Ravidrath

Can you replay old matches in SP for more cards, or do they only give them once?

My library is pretty lop-sided at the moment towards Wood and Dark, and I really need some other cards.

kassatsu

Banned
Ravidrath said:
Can you replay old matches in SP for more cards, or do they only give them once?

My library is pretty lop-sided at the moment towards Wood and Dark, and I really need some other cards.
You can farm all the cards you want in SP.

Raoh

darkside31337 said:
http://elemon.jp/ps3/us/

Just found out that this has been up for a couple days now lol.

Really handy checklist for each of the sets on that site.

Beat the Demon King on my first try last night, AGI boosted Zeus solo'd the entire thing. Kind of a bummer really.

kassatsu said:
You can farm all the cards you want in SP.

ijusthadsexfeat.akon727m3p.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has anybody done 11-12 yet? I can't figure out how to actually build a deck that manages to win this fight. So stupid how the AI cheeses it :/

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
darkside31337 said:
Has anybody done 11-12 yet? I can't figure out how to actually build a deck that manages to win this fight. So stupid how the AI cheeses it :/

I beat it about a week back, and I can tell you I had no strategy, I would just build random decks out of my best cards and keep trying and trying until I finally got lucky and won.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Haha thanks. No idea what just happened, AI shifted and the thing just skipped an attack or something. Either way that turn with the AI weirding out was all I needed to get my Elemental Master trophy :)

Got all the single player stuff done with, now time for all the online stuff <_<

Card Boy

Banned
Really enjoying this game so far. I'm going out on a limb here and going to say its one of my top 5 PSN games.

One thing that bothers me is critical chances on some of the attacks. I feel it takes some of the strategy out of the game and gives it a luck element which shouldnt exist in card games (unless you drawing cards of course)

Card Boy

Banned
Just did like 70 card battles on 2.1 thinking i could get that Win 100 consecutive battles trophy....I got 2 (Rare) Chimera out of it and heaps of other cards at least.

Did an online match guy DC'ed right at the start so i was left fighting the Computer online. I won and got 4.5 levels out of it. He had Ultra Gohan and an Athena, all his other cards where crap.

Deck wise i'm pimping Djinn and Kraken on the front (with Aqua Knight and White Knight on the reverse to get that 15 damage on the Flip). With a Water gem to give abit speed to Kraken combined with the 2 card formation.

Lurkers, if you reading this BUY THIS GAME NAO!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ffers-free-costume-quest-and-discounts-galore

Haha, maybe somebody listened to us here.

New release Elemental Monster is also available free for Plus subscribers starting October 4th and going through the month. Build your deck (featuring the stunning illustrations of Yoshitaka Amano), and battle online to determine who’s got the best tactics. At the same time you can enhance your game with seven different Booster Boxes, available at 50% off ($2.50) for Plus subscribers.

Nice.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
darkside31337 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ffers-free-costume-quest-and-discounts-galore

Haha, maybe somebody listened to us here.

New release Elemental Monster is also available free for Plus subscribers starting October 4th and going through the month. Build your deck (featuring the stunning illustrations of Yoshitaka Amano), and battle online to determine who’s got the best tactics. At the same time you can enhance your game with seven different Booster Boxes, available at 50% off ($2.50) for Plus subscribers.

Nice.

Guess this thread will be blowing up soon.

That's pretty sweet. Gonna get some of those half price booster boxes. :)

I really think the more people that discover the game, they bigger it'll get. It really has the potential to be a big success IMO.

I hope a mod adds the PS+ info to the title.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So happy to see this being free on PS+. This game deserves a huge audience/community.

Definitely gonna have to jump on some of those half price boosters too.

Evil-Eyed Gladiator is pretty slick. Great artwork and the card is actually pretty useful. Won three in a row in the current tourney with it so far.

And I see more people played in the last tourney than before, sweet. Hopefully with the PS+ deal tomorrow, those numbers will grow even larger.

Card Boy

Banned
How does one get other booster packs? I know in Online you can choose all of them but in single player i'm up to 9.2 and still only have access to The Journey Begins and Outworld Vistor.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Gez said:
How does one get other booster packs? I know in Online you can choose all of them but in single player i'm up to 9.2 and still only have access to The Journey Begins and Outworld Vistor.

That is all you get to pick from in the single player, except for when you win the 100-in-a-row match on stage 11, then you get to pick from the Legendary Dragon deck.

It's how they entice you to buy tickets/booster packs.

was going to buy due to entry fee but glad I held off and saved $.99 lol

I love digital TCGs so if the mechanics are good, I can see myself being hooked.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
We should get a list of peoples PSN's for friend matches in the OP now that there will be a bunch of people getting this with PSN+.

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone got a Legenday or Super Rare card yet? If so post a pic or some details. Also what booster pack gives out Ultra Gohan?

Top Bottom