• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elemental Monster -Online Card Game- |OT| of 99 cent Platinum trophies

Sweet, finally beat the single player mode, (that mode alone makes this game an amazing value) and won an EX Ogre in the tournament.

Some of those Colosseum battles were rough, but it's great to take them down once you've got the right strategy.

Cels

DLed this game since I have PS+. If I didn't have PS+ I'd probably have passed on this game. It's pretty solid for the $.99 price.

I haven't been able to get any cool cards yet though. Right now I am using a Water deck with Kelpie and Kraken as the primary fighters, it's working OK so far. Played a few hours and got up to the forest world. Definitely a solid game, but I don't think I'm at the point where I'm going to actually spend money on it.

Card Boy

Banned
Cels said:
DLed this game since I have PS+. If I didn't have PS+ I'd probably have passed on this game. It's pretty solid for the $.99 price.

Buy it son! You probably spend 3 to 5 times more just for lunch at work.

Gunloc said:
and won an EX Ogre in the tournament.

I gotta check this, i was like top 73% after 2 battles in Tournament. Hopefully i got the Orge aswell. I think i had to come in the top 90%.

Cels said:

I haven't been able to get any cool cards yet though. Right now I am using a Water deck with Kelpie and Kraken as the primary fighters, it's working OK so far. Played a few hours and got up to the forest world. Definitely a solid game, but I don't think I'm at the point where I'm going to actually spend money on it.
The first third of the game, you can mostly get by on card strength alone and exploiting elemental weaknesses, but once you start seeing the different combos and all the depth the game has, it become really addicting.

You get 10 free online tickets when you buy the game, and tournaments are always free, so you can get a taste of what the game is like with the expanded card sets for no cost. Plus, you can win tickets in tournaments, so technically you experience the entire game without spending any money at all.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Another tournament with a completely broken card, haha.

Legendary Dragon has an attack that inflicts instant death on the opponents card if they have a card of the same type in their deck, and since this is limited to one type, you're pretty much fucked if you play someone with that card.

Cels

So after beating the Dark area and opening up the three new areas tonight I decided to go online and play. I know that the "currently playing" stat is totally wrong, but I couldn't join any matches anyway, trying both same language and international options.

Also I tried to check out the tournament, but it looks like you need a deck limited to Dragon cards only? I don't think I have a single Dragon card!

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Cels said:
So after beating the Dark area and opening up the three new areas tonight I decided to go online and play. I know that the "currently playing" stat is totally wrong, but I couldn't join any matches anyway, trying both same language and international options.

Also I tried to check out the tournament, but it looks like you need a deck limited to Dragon cards only? I don't think I have a single Dragon card!

Really? Ever since this came out for PS+ I've had no trouble finding matches in both ranked and tournament within a minute or two no matter what time it is.

Cels

Conceited said:
Really? Ever since this came out for PS+ I've had no trouble finding matches in both ranked and tournament within a minute or two no matter what time it is.

I got it to work today. After I beat the Demon King I got a Green Dragon card which has won me a couple tournament matches. (Green Dragon + Lizardmen lol) I'm in the top 70% now after 5/10 matches, really doubt I can get to top 35%.

Card Boy

Banned
What Booster pack gave you the Green Dragon? Outworldly Visitor or The Journey Begins?

I only got 2 Lizardmen and 2 Wise Dragon's for the Tournament, i am only just in the threshold for the 5 ticket Runner up prize.

Cels

Gez said:
What Booster pack gave you the Green Dragon? Outworldly Visitor or The Journey Begins?

I only got 2 Lizardmen and 2 Wise Dragon's for the Tournament, i am only just in the threshold for the 5 ticket Runner up prize.

Otherworldly Visitor

Hmm, I started at around 16% in the current tournament, but now I'm hovering around 30%. I hope it holds.

I only need one more card from Otherworldly Visitor (Vampire), then I have all the cards available in the single player mode. (Not counting Legendary Dragon cards, but to get them all that way would be insane.)

Card Boy

Banned
I'm doing the 100-Man battle now both for the trophy and at the hope i will get at least 1 decent Dragon card from the Legendary Dragon's Booster pack. Hopefully i make the cut-off for the Tournament.

Gez said:
I'm doing the 100-Man battle now both for the trophy and at the hope i will get at least 1 decent Dragon card from the Legendary Dragon's Booster pack. Hopefully i make the cut-off for the Tournament.
You can keep replaying the last battle if the three cards you get aren't to your liking.

Just pull the three cards, (stay on the third card) and if you don't like them, press the PS button and exit out and then try again. Just make sure you made a suspend save after battle 99.

Card Boy

Banned
Excellent tip :), might try and get a Legendary that way. Also don't you get a booster at round 50?

Just thinking we should get a Gaf Tournament happening for fun. The rules should be No Rares, Super Rares or Legendary cards.

Gez said:
Excellent tip :), might try and get a Legendary that way. Also don't you get a booster at round 50?
Only if you lose afterward. (And then you have to start back at battle 1, so I would not recommend that.) It's far more beneficial to just go through all 100 and get three packs.

Cels

Ventured into the wild world of Ranked multiplayer for the first time. Holy smokes people have some powerful cards. Totally outclassed.

One person had two Platina Dragons, and another had Blue Dragon + this other blue card I forget the name of but is clearly a counter to Legendary cards. It has Amano artwork, and I think the SP and Reverse skills both do stuff about the opponent's L cards. Its only attack does 15, but it gets 40 ATK and preemptive if the opponent's summoned monster is L. Pretty crazy. Fortunately I don't own any L cards so I beat him anyway hahaha.

Card Boy

Banned
I need that Zeus card! Holy Shieeeeeet. Might draw the Deities and Sacred War booster packs when i get my 5 tickets from the Tournament.

Cels

Holy smokes people have some powerful cards. Fought a guy in Tournament today who was running TWO super-rares. Evil-Eyed Gladiator and Judgment. Luckily my deck of Uncommons had my back...got into top 8%. Does anyone know if getting the tournament SR card counts for the Legendary trophy? Or does it have to be an L card only?

kassatsu

Banned
Cels said:
Holy smokes people have some powerful cards. Fought a guy in Tournament today who was running TWO super-rares. Evil-Eyed Gladiator and Judgment. Luckily my deck of Uncommons had my back...got into top 8%. Does anyone know if getting the tournament SR card counts for the Legendary trophy? Or does it have to be an L card only?
L only I think

I really bombed in the current tournament. I was running some experimental decks and they didn't really have all the kinks worked out yet. By the time I switched back to a more reliable deck I couldn't rack up that many points.

I'm hovering around 33/34% right now, but I don't think it will hold until tomorrow. :/

Card Boy

Banned
I just did the 100 Man Battle battle and got my first Legendary Card out of it. I followed Gunlocs advice by redoing the last battle over and over by quiting to the XMB on the 3rd card as i kept on getting Commons and Uncommons out of it. Took me 4 tries.

I am now the proud owner of the Dragon King Barbarossa.

Cels

You're supposed to quit when after you open the 3rd pack and see that you got rubbish on the 3rd card, or after opening the first two but before opening the third?

Card Boy

Banned
I did, i saw all 3 cards before quitting. Maybe i worded my above post wrong. Also Paintman cards are shit, what a waste of time they are.

Card Boy

Banned
I did every level in the Single player now. I have 4 trophies left till the Platinum (the 4 multilayer ones) All i need now is 89 more wins in ranked and i should get my Platinum.

This shit is going to take ages. I'm ranked 11% in the current Tournament with 3 wins, 2 losses, hopefully i manage to top 40% for that Last Lady card.

Anyone know what Last Lady does?

Cels

Gez said:
I did every level in the Single player now. I have 4 trophies left till the Platinum (the 4 multilayer ones) All i need now is 89 more wins in ranked and i should get my Platinum.

This shit is going to take ages. I'm ranked 11% in the current Tournament with 3 wins, 2 losses, hopefully i manage to top 40% for that Last Lady card.

Anyone know what Last Lady does?

Grats on all the SP levels. I did some of the Chapter 11 ones (not the 100 player battle yet). Chapter 11 really forcec you to have decks planned in advance since the computer's decks cheat like crazy. (Using more than 20 mana worth of cards and STILL starting out with enough mana to use one of their 3 or 4-mana cost abilities is kind of broken)

I think I need some better cards to get through some of the chapter 11 stuff...right now I'm just using uncommons.

Just a heads up, the prize card in the current tournament is apparently very rarely given away so if you haven't entered the tourney, you should give it a shot.

Though I probably won't get one since I preformed rather lamely this time. :(

Cels said:
I finally beat the SP campaign. I hope Creation God Alfecca is never given out as a tournament prize.
Well, since it's a 20 cost card, it wouldn't be that hard to defeat under normal circumstances.

Cels

Gunloc said:
Well, since it's a 20 cost card, it wouldn't be that hard to defeat under normal circumstances.

Oh it's easy to beat if you have the right deck but many standard decks can't beat it. If you use the stronger blue/green cards I think those have lower AGI so you are SOL there since those stronger cards would instantly die. I would hate to get randomed out just cause the other player bet the game on that one card.

On the other hand a pretty common 2x Djinn/2x White Knight combo can beat it, even if the computer cheats and uses 35 mana...lol

Card Boy

Banned
22% now in the current Tourney. I think i got this card down, even if my standing falls by another 11%.

So noone knows what Last Lady does?

Card Boy

Banned
Got the Last Lady card :)

Heres a pic of it. Artwork is pretty cool. A shame you dont get the runner up prize aswell.

L1tz3.jpg

in the pic those 3 descriptipions on the bottom. 2nd skill, SP skill and Reverse skill

Yeah, pretty bummed I missed out on the Last Lady card. (It actually should be translated as Lady Lust, as she's a succubus.) By only 2% too. >_< Hopefully it won't be too long before the card is offered again. Or they could finally institute a trade room, like everyone is asking for.

Anyway, I'm doing WAY better in the current tournament with my new deck. Finished all my matches tonight and I'm in the top 6%. Lots of interesting matches too, faced someone with the Famitsu card, and beat someone who was rank 300(!!) something. My new deck needs a tiny bit of tweaking still, but it's working quite nicely so far.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm in the top 2% now in the current Tourney. I think i only lost 1 or 2 battles out of 10. I had 4 people surrender to me.

I beat adon56, he is in the top 4 to 7 world-wide ranked. He was level 400 and something. He must of hacked the PSN to get that standing cause he sucks.

Gez said:
I'm in the top 2% now in the current Tourney. I think i only lost 1 or 2 battles out of 10. I had 4 people surrender to me.
Yeah, I had a few surrenders too. My last match my opponent surrendered right off the bat. I think they just want tickets because he/she was a high rank and had powerful cards.

Cels

Gunloc said:
Yeah, I had a few surrenders too. My last match my opponent surrendered right off the bat. I think they just want tickets because he/she was a high rank and had powerful cards.

Probably won a few games already, you just happened to be his last few tourney matches he wanted to surrender as to not get too high in the rankings.

OR you're just that intimidating!

Hmmm, so if you beat an opponent but you kill yourself afterward through self damage from the last attack, it counts as a loss. :/

Good to know.

Card Boy

Banned
I just wish the game didn't have weird chance effects on some of the attacks. I feel beating an opponent should be based on skill, not luck. I would like to think a card game like this should be able to be replicated in real life. A 10% Crit chances is not something you can copy with the flip of a coin.

Still PSN GOTY as far as i'm concerned.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I got an in-game network error while looking for a tournament match, and it took one of my tournament tickets, pretty messed up tbh.

Up to 332 cards after buying some tickets and grinding until I got every card from the first 2 decks, still really enjoying this game.

Cels

This new tournament is lame. Who has more Ninjas?

edit - just ran into a guy with TWO Evil-Eyed Gladiators. Wow.

Cels said:
This new tournament is lame. Who has more Ninjas?

edit - just ran into a guy with TWO Evil-Eyed Gladiators. Wow.
Ninjas are pretty broken in this tournament, but it's not a completely hopeless battle.

Do you have any Samurai?

Card Boy

Banned
Very pissed at the current Tournament. Only won 1 or 2 matches out 10 match as 8 out of 10 people ran Ninjas, and one had 4 samurais. I have 21 different 'Knight' family cards (more in duplicates) and nothing can counter them.

I won the 1 match because some dumbarse ran 1 Flame Knight and no other cards! I'm 34%, as if that will hold, Screw that!

Gez said:
Very pissed at the current Tournament. Only won 1 or 2 matches out 10 match as 8 out of 10 people ran Ninjas, and one had 4 samurais. I have 21 different 'Knight' family cards (more in duplicates) and nothing can counter them.

I won the 1 match because some dumbarse ran 1 Flame Knight and no other cards! I'm 34%, as if that will hold, Screw that!
Yeah, you definitely need Ninjas and/or Samurai to be competitive in this one. The fun of this tournament (at least to me) was what cards you used with your Ninja/Samurai that gave yours the edge over your oppenent's.

It was great facing people who thought they had an easy win and then surprising them with some nifty tricks. I was able to get to 9%. (I won 7 or 8 matches total, I don't remember exactly.)

Cels

Gunloc said:
Yeah, you definitely need Ninjas and/or Samurai to be competitive in this one. The fun of this tournament (at least to me) was what cards you used with your Ninja/Samurai that gave yours the edge over your oppenent's.

It was great facing people who thought they had an easy win and then surprising them with some nifty tricks. I was able to get to 9%. (I won 7 or 8 matches total, I don't remember exactly.)

The problem with this tournament is that there are a couple dozen possible "demonic human" or whatever the proper name of the family is that the tournament is restricted to. But because Ninja is high AGI and has instant death to all demonic humans, you are either running your own Ninja cards or Samurai, which negate instant death. If you own all the other demonic human cards but not Ninja or Samurai, sorry, you're SOL.

It's a lot like that previous tournament with gears only and Super Gohen (Is that the card?) except that one was worse since there's no real counter.

sleepykyo

Gez said:
Got the Last Lady card :)

Heres a pic of it. Artwork is pretty cool. A shame you dont get the runner up prize aswell.

L1tz3.jpg

in the pic those 3 descriptipions on the bottom. 2nd skill, SP skill and Reverse skill

Do want. Serves me right for being too engrossed in Dark Souls to at least check on the tournaments.

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone got a picture of the prizes? I haven't got them in my encyclopedia.

Also managed to get a Zombie Dragon (Legendary) from the Ancient War booster with my 5 free tickets.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Kinda pointless going for Creation God Alfecca in this tournament, it has a 20 mana cost and is therefore pretty much useless. Cool to have though I guess.

Won 9 out of my 10 matches this tournament. (Had two really close/exciting matches.) My only loss was to someone who already had a Creation God Alfecca. XD

Top 1% right now, it would be pretty cool to be in the top 10 or 100 overall.

Top Bottom