• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, I was in a Vulture chewing through ships.

islWg50O7E6Ml.gif

Can't wait to try this ship out tonight.

EDIT: Just read about the Capital Ship AFK exploit. Yikes.

Kiyoshi

islWg50O7E6Ml.gif

Can't wait to try this ship out tonight.

EDIT: Just read about the Capital Ship AFK exploit. Yikes.

Here's my current load-out...

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60N,5TP5TP0_q0_q,2-6a8I725U88725A,7Su05U12G10i10i

It's pretty useless at stock (if you use lasers) because they get too hot too quickly to maintain any decent rate of fire; but stick at least a B-rate power plant and coupling in there and you're golden. They only add a million on the price between them. I also splashed out for a B-rated shield generator (and on slightly improved thrusters).

I'll add some A-rated components at some stage (once I've found some) but the load-out above is a good improvement over stock, at a relatively cheap price; with modules on sale in the stations in Lugh.

Played with Shifty for a few, on CSG side in Lugh.

Man, totally underestimated how devastating those Capital Ships can be. We were staying a good distance away but that thing nearly destroyed me--left the CZ with 5% hull health.

Earned 450k and already in 70% tier of community goal--woo! Will try for 40% after all.

Wreav

Banned
No reason to not use the low intensity zones IMO, unless you're seeking the thrill of navigating the capital ships.

Nah, fuck a capital ship. I probably won't go into a High Intensity Zone that contains an opposing cap ship unless I have a full wing.

We ended up going to a Low zone and had some luck--got hairy enough that I had to jump out at one point.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I feel like I aggro a LOT more enemies in the Vulture vs the Cobra. Vipers, in particular, harass the shit out of me, and it always ends the same: I face off with them, get their shields down, they run, I chase and eventually kill them (still super early in my Vulture build, so power management is an issue), but end up 10-15km from the CZ.

Anyway, Vulture has been a learning experience and I had multiple (~20% hull) close calls last night. Really love flying it, though. Unfortunately, the Thrust Up button on my HOTAS has broken. I never realized how often I use that in combat until I lost it :p Might go for a Saitek next...

Shifty76

Nah, fuck a capital ship. I probably won't go into a High Intensity Zone that contains an opposing cap ship unless I have a full wing.

We ended up going to a Low zone and had some luck--got hairy enough that I had to jump out at one point.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I feel like I aggro a LOT more enemies in the Vulture vs the Cobra. Vipers, in particular, harass the shit out of me, and it always ends the same: I face off with them, get their shields down, they run, I chase and eventually kill them (still super early in my Vulture build, so power management is an issue), but end up 10-15km from the CZ.

Anyway, Vulture has been a learning experience and I had multiple (~20% hull) close calls last night. Really love flying it, though. Unfortunately, the Thrust Up button on my HOTAS has broken. I never realized how often I use that in combat until I lost it :p Might go for a Saitek next...

Heh, you felt like you got targeted lots? I had 3-4 ships targeting me the entire time. Yay for python shields!

After you logged I specced for turret cheese and hit up Lugh 11. Made around 1.5m in an hour simply by sitting there. Might record a vid of it tonight as it's crazy how quick the bonds roll in.

Wreav

Banned
Logged in at midnight just to check on the status of the Spear of Lugh, and noticed that I'd been bumped back down to the 6mil tier. I really hope I have some time after work today to get back up to 12.

Heh, you felt like you got targeted lots? I had 3-4 ships targeting me the entire time. Yay for python shields!

After you logged I specced for turret cheese and hit up Lugh 11. Made around 1.5m in an hour simply by sitting there. Might record a vid of it tonight as it's crazy how quick the bonds roll in.

Haha, well, comparatively, I suppose :p Maybe all of the more powerful ships get targeted more. With my Cobra, it was almost all 1v1 fights, but last night, I regularly would get 1-2 Vipers on me almost every time I would go after an Anaconda or a Python.

Damn, didn't know cheese could be that lucrative.

Logged in at midnight just to check on the status of the Spear of Lugh, and noticed that I'd been bumped back down to the 6mil tier. I really hope I have some time after work today to get back up to 12.

Is it at Tier 8? Seems like its accelerating...gonna hop on tonight and hopefully hit the next tier. Made almost a mil last night.

Wreav

Banned
More than likely it will end when it hits Tier nine...at least, I think the Fed version did.

My original use of the word tier was just to indicate which percentage I'm currently in.

Goddammit--of course they do this while I'm at work. Win a GTX Titan Black by delivering...a GTX Titan Black to Godel Ring:
To celebrate the pre-release of the new module, NVIDIA are offering 5 lucky pilots the opportunity to win a commercial grade GTX Titan Black. Winning the competition couldn’t be simpler. The first 5 pilots to sell a canister of NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black Prototypes back to NVIDIA HQ aboard Godel Ring will be rewarded with a commercial model as soon as they become available. The only problem is NVIDIA isn’t saying where the prototypes are being sold.

Love that they do this kinda stuff, though.

Wreav

Banned
Holy crap, what is the deal with everyone playing as Fed today? Can't make any CSG progress for Spear!

Might have to pug some wingmates tonight.

Shifty76

Because Federation is amazing, I thought everybody knew that? They've got cookies, for cryin' out loud!

Just ignore the fact that they just killed thousands of innocent civilians eh? ;)

Wreav: I'll likely be on in the next half hour or so if you need a wingman to teach those Feds a lesson. Hopefully Sugar will be on too.

Just ignore the fact that they just killed thousands of innocent civilians eh? ;)

Wreav: I'll likely be on in the next half hour or so if you need a wingman to teach those Feds a lesson. Hopefully Sugar will be on too.

Just waiting for my editor to finish on my computer.

Welp, I died. Was fighting for CSG when I got caught in the thick and my canopy was breached. I supercruise'd out at 14% hull and was headed for the nearest station, but I could not accelerate above 100km/s and kept getting proximity warnings that pulled me out of cruise. Self-destruct killed me 3 seconds before I ran out of air.

Lost about 200k work of CSG combat bonds and 300k in Cr. Immediately bought a shield booster.

EDIT: Forgot about the 750k in bounties I hadn't cashed! D'oh.

Wreav

Banned
So I just now realized I could have been fighting for CSG in Private Mode this whole fucking time.

Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Shifty76

So I just now realized I could have been fighting for CSG in Private Mode this whole fucking time.

Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Join Mobius group or a private group with Sugar and I. Easy credits.

Speaking of easy credits, just kitted out my python with 3 x large fixed pulse, 2 x med gimballed multicannon and raked in 1.8m worth of bounties in an hour at my fave RES in Apam Napat.

Pretty special moment last night, a couple of discoveries that I was the first to find and log - an icy ringed planet and a class L dwarf star in the Pleiades Nebula are forever mine.

zVAYLeX.jpg

l9DaOXA.jpg

pqy1rdQ.jpg

NuN5F3E.jpg

VLQl9vx.jpg

ZFFjNDl.jpg

Join Mobius group or a private group with Sugar and I. Easy credits.

Speaking of easy credits, just kitted out my python with 3 x large fixed pulse, 2 x med gimballed multicannon and raked in 1.8m worth of bounties in an hour at my fave RES in Apam Napat.

Yeah, I was gonna see if y'all wanted to group up last night, but another buddy was on, so joined his private group. He left shortly thereafter, and then I sploded shortly after THAT...it was not a great night.

Pretty special moment last night, a couple of discoveries that I was the first to find and log - an icy ringed planet and a class L dwarf star in the Pleiades Nebula are forever mine.

zVAYLeX.jpg

l9DaOXA.jpg

pqy1rdQ.jpg

NuN5F3E.jpg

VLQl9vx.jpg

ZFFjNDl.jpg

Wow. This is spectacular--REALLY makes me want to start exploring ASAP.

EDIT: Via reddit, someone posted a devtracker for ED updates: http://www.devtrackers.com/elite-dangerous.html

Speaking of, patch incoming:

Server Changes:

- Unblock the queue of minor faction influence changes from missions ending in certain star systems
- Allow exploration data to be listed and sold for certain commanders
- Automated the start and end of faction states of war and election
- Minor factions in a conflict can only take influence from other factions in the same conflict
- Fix to allow Commanders to remove old Albino Mammoths from their cargo holds
- Fix to allow Commanders to reject invitations to join other Commanders' private groups
- Stock the last few remaining ships and modules at Jameson Memorial
- Clear out ships' refinery buckets when removing a refinery module

Pomerlaw

I hope you guys are aware they will nerf the Vulture. lol

Some of my exploration pics.

XzHaaVx.png

f3E1uGT.png

Oh, and there is life on this gas giant :

ivWDD1m.png

I can only see them nerfing it's maneuverability. It isn't fast. I can't see them diminishing its hardpoints in anyway since there are only 2, It's already power starved. Maybe it gets indirectly nerfed with changes to large hardpoint effectiveness in general or buffs to larger ships.

I think it's just a logic step up from the Viper and with combat being more viable than ever, it's fills a very large gap between the Viper and the FDL, If there were more combat focused ships, it wouldn't necessarily be such a hugely popular choice.

elyetis

I hope you guys are aware they will nerf the Vulture. lol
I'm only in a Viper, but I play with a friend who use a Vulture, and I don't really see why they would need to nerf it. It's slow and only have 2 weapon, and from what I gathered from him, also easily power starved.

Alright, been reading reddit. For Spear of Lugh, looks like:

Any $ bonds gets you in top 100% (80k reward)
~400k in bonds gets you in the top 70% (6 mil reward)
~1.3m in bonds gets you in the top 40% (12.5 mil reward)
~5m in bonds gets you in the top 15% (15 mil reward)
???? gets you in the top 5% (20 mil reward)

frontieruk

Has it finished yet? That 1.3m is getting close to where I left off...

Kiyoshi

Just did a final couple of sessions. 3.8m took me into the top 15% but did another run to take me up to 4.5m, so hopefully that's enough of a buffer as it's nearly finished now. Just a sliver left.

Shifty76

I'm only in a Viper, but I play with a friend who use a Vulture, and I don't really see why they would need to nerf it. It's slow and only have 2 weapon, and from what I gathered from him, also easily power starved.

2 x large hardpoints kicks the shit out of 2 x med hardpoints + 2 x small hardpoints. You really have no idea how strong they are until you've tried them.

Just checked my Spear of Lugh stats. Just over 4.5m and I'm top 15%

And it's done as at 6:20 Mtn time.

TIme to cash in my 17.5m and upgrade that shield generator!
Ooh, had enough to upgrade to A6 shields AND A7 power distributor. Nice!

Oh man I pushed it to far. I had 1.1 mil Cr turned in. I kept fighting until I accumulated another 550K, I landed and it was over before I turned it in. I might have made if I would have turned in just a little earlier. The difference between 7 mil and whatever the next highest was.

Lugh was very good overall though. I made like 30 - 35 mill all said and done in that conflict. Exactly what a mercenary is looking for. I'm at 85 mil in the bank. A 30 mil cr Asp and a 30 mil cr Vulture. I suddenly feel like the big ships are in reach.

Think I was about 200k from the next tier and 12.5 million credits. Bummer! Still happy with the 7 mil, put a lot into my Vulture. Might go exploring soon...may put the bulk of my money towards that.

frontieruk

Think I was about 200k from the next tier and 12.5 million credits. Bummer! Still happy with the 7 mil, put a lot into my Vulture. Might go exploring soon...may put the bulk of my money towards that.

It was 15mil at close ;)

Sounds like you had a profitable session though :)

It was 15mil at close ;)

Sounds like you had a profitable session though :)

What REALLY sucks is that I had those extra bonds but fucked up and didn't turn them in. One time I just zoned out and cashed in my bonds at a different station, and I had a few hundred in bonds last night when I had to self-destruct.

At Qureshi Enterprise now in Khaka System. Easy 110k Cr, at least, with the community goal.

EDIT: This game sometimes. Forgive the jaggies, my 10k screenshot key combo apparently isn't working :-|

khzyjnF.png

InwdSXa.png

ziWaC7C.jpg

fQlXfl7.jpg

8r8o3EU.jpg

la_briola

What REALLY sucks is that I had those extra bonds but fucked up and didn't turn them in. One time I just zoned out and cashed in my bonds at a different station, and I had a few hundred in bonds last night when I had to self-destruct.

At Qureshi Enterprise now in Khaka System. Easy 110k Cr, at least, with the community goal.

EDIT: This game sometimes. Forgive the jaggies, my 10k screenshot key combo apparently isn't working :-|
[...]
Only works in Solo play.

Faith

I didn't play Elite for some weeks. Can someone please explain what this is all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom