• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

This looks perfect! Thing is I don't understand the outfitting. I am trying to follow your build but example:

On cargo rack on that build site it says
does it list class 3 two times?

Now this is confusing for me:

Do I already have that alloy plate? Says buy & equip, than next screen says already fitted.

Wow no shield gen?

ugh I can't find a Class A fuel scoop.
Hauler doesn't come with a shield to make more room for cargo space. You can always sell some cargo space to get a shield if you are more comfortable with it. Alloy plates are the default plating for most ships.

arhra

This looks perfect! Thing is I don't understand the outfitting. I am trying to follow your build but example:

On cargo rack on that build site it says
does it list class 3 two times?

Now this is confusing for me:

Do I already have that alloy plate? Says buy & equip, than next screen says already fitted.

Wow no shield gen?

ugh I can't find a Class A fuel scoop.

You might want to compare to the standard, off-the-shelf Hauler to see what's changed. The site is actually clearer than the in-game outfitting menus, since it clearly separates the fixed-purpose compartments from the generic ones, which isn't as clear in-game. The bulkheads are unchanged from the default, as they're already the lightest ones available.

Ships can have multiple internal compartments in the same size class - compare the Anaconda, which has 3 each of class 4, 5, and 6. The Hauler's default loadout has class-2 cargo racks in the class-3 compartments, for some reason (well, I think all the ships tend to come with downgraded cargo racks straight from the shipyard, for whatever reason).

You could fit a shield generator, but you'd have to sacrifice a considerable chunk of your cargo space, and they wouldn't make much difference in a fight anyway. In a larger ship (say, anything from a Cobra upwards), I'd usually fit a bare-minimum shield gen just to help protect against bumps from drunken/tired docking manoeuvres, but with the Hauler you really need to eke out every bit of space you can. Although back when I was running rares in a Hauler, I wasn't confident enough to drop the shield, so I actually used this build (18t cargo capacity, shield gen in the size 2 compartment, and no fuel scoop; having to plan your route around refuelling stops is a pain, though).

Similar logic for getting rid of the default pulse laser - if you get interdicted (and can't avoid it) your best bet is just to put full power to engines and boost like hell until your FSD cools down. You're never going to be fighting anything effectively in a Hauler, so all the laser is doing is adding dead weight and reducing your jump range.

Holy crap this game can get intense. I happened to find a system where three RES and a station are super close, so I decided to do some easy bounty hunting. I drop in, and easily find someone who is wanted, but in a full wing. I decide close in, open fire, and easily start taking him down. As he's getting low, I'm getting fired from just about everywhere. I destroy the guy, and decide to just put four pips into my Systems and the rest in engines and just get out. After I'm finally able to get into Supercruise, I take a look at my hull. 2%.

But I still can't buy my Viper yet.

Soi-Fong

Holy crap this game can get intense. I happened to find a system where three RES and a station are super close, so I decided to do some easy bounty hunting. I drop in, and easily find someone who is wanted, but in a full wing. I decide close in, open fire, and easily start taking him down. As he's getting low, I'm getting fired from just about everywhere. I destroy the guy, and decide to just put four pips into my Systems and the rest in engines and just get out. After I'm finally able to get into Supercruise, I take a look at my hull. 2%.

But I still can't buy my Viper yet.

Lol Haha It get even better when you haven't upgraded life support and a hull breach with 5 minutes of oxygen left. One time I made it to a station with literally 3 seconds of oxygen left.

Reckheim

Lol Haha It get even better when you haven't upgraded life support and a hull breach with 5 minutes of oxygen left. One time I made it to a station with literally 3 seconds of oxygen left.

Best feeling ever when that notice comes on that the atmosphere has been restored when you first enter the station.

Pomerlaw

Just to destroy the "once you've seen one planet, you have seen them all" argument.

bnd6ELG.jpg

3rkuRbQ.jpg

lFPQGG1.jpg

Liking those story ideas--more for explorers to do will always be welcome. Love the idea of coming back from a week long trip, while also delivering a strange artifact you found. Makes the journey all the more perilous!

Also mentioned: CQC Beta coming the week of Aug 31st to Beta access peeps.

Pomerlaw

Braben quote about the atmo flight model and another picture.

It’s worth noting that flying through space and flying through the atmosphere are quite different as well.

“When you’re at low speeds, it’s going to be an interesting challenge, especially with the bigger ships; you’re not going to be able to just sit there and hover - they’re designed primarily for space travel,” Braben tells us. “When you’re near a surface, their maneuvering thrusters are having to put in a lot of extra effort, so when you try and stay still, then try and tilt the ship, you’ll start to lose height and slip. It’s going to be very interesting.”

Good stuff.

qVwX3Ss.png

Yeah, posted this in the Gaming thread on Horizons, but I'll post it here. I know some of it is repeat to a lot of you, but the article from today had some interesting quotes from Braben:

Just wanted to post a few updates: here is giant thread that compiles all known information about Horizons.

Flowchart from Frontier if you're confused on how to get it:

Official art on how outposts can look (it actually looks like some of this uses actual in-game assets):

I just realized the other day that since there is no atmosphere, some of the views we'll get from these planets will be spectacular. Sure, there's no pretty sunsets, but you'll have clear view of the stars/sky, which is breath-taking in some areas of a system.

Some info from that that I don't think has been specified here yet:

• Four planet and moon types in the release to land on: Ice, Rock, Rock and Ice, and Metallic.
  • All scenery is procedurally generated. No tiling of structures. The artists 'scultp' the code to avoid there being unlikely scenery that would look really out of place.
  • Planetary maps will be available to players
  • You will be able to dock and trade at these outposts and fortresses, or you can just choose to land (terrain permitting) in the middle of nowhere and drive about using your SRV.
  • Planets will also have rare minerals, pirate bases, crashed ships. You can fly and dogfight over the entire planet once you've descended to it.
  • Settlements on certain planets/moons will be fortified. These can be attacked from the air or defended from the ground. There has been talk by Ed Symons (Elite Producer) of 'hacking' been an option to bring down a surface stations shields. Not confirmed, just discussed between the team.
  • Sandro Sammarco told PCGamesn: “We also wanted there to be more richer content other than completing missions [...] Not just your kill X ship and return for your reward; instead you might be tasked to go and steal some data plans, but that might evolve into cutting the power to get the doors open. Maybe it’ll involve destroying some large anti-aircraft guns to gain access to the landing pad in the base. These events will chain together to give players a more richer and compelling experience.”
  • David Braben told PCGamesn: “The other thing is to try and encourage cooperation between people in SRVs and people still in their ships,” .... going on to give an example of a player in an SRV knocking out a base’s weapons, allowing a pilot to swoop in and start blowing stuff up, which in turn will let the SRV player get further into the base.
  • David Braben is quoted as saying, "With time there will be [more SRV's] in the same way that there are different kinds of ships, one [that] folds up so you can carry it."
  • Future planets updates in the Horizons season will include 'active volcanism' and 'ice volcanism'. At some point (before fully rendered 'atmospheric planets with life') there will be ones with weather systems.
  • Most if not all content mentioned is already in game. No footage available as yet as textures have not been applied. This should be seen Soon! (tm)

Interesting that we might see non-atmospheric planets with some kind of weather system in Horizons. I was really bummed that full atmospheric planets weren't coming this season, but if this is everything they're hyping it to be, sounds like it could be really gameplay rich.

Finally, an article was just released today on Horizons. Much of it was rolled into that mega-post, but thought this detail needed pointing out:

“Assuming it’s roughly the size of Earth,” says Braben, “and you’re going absolutely foot to the floor which is around 100 miles per hour-ish, give or take; very rough figures - the Earth has a circumference of about 36,000 kilometres, so around… 240 hours; so ten days.” Ten days. To get around one planet. Of which there are more than even the game's creator knows.

On mission design:

“We also wanted there to be more richer content other than completing missions,” lead designer Sandro Sammarco explains. “Not just your kill X ship and return for your reward; instead you might be tasked to go and steal some data plans, but that might evolve into cutting the power to get the doors open. Maybe it’ll involve destroying some large anti-aircraft guns to gain access to the landing pad in the base. These events will chain together to give players a more richer and compelling experience.”

“The other thing is to try and encourage cooperation between people in SRVs and people still in their ships,” Braben says. He offers up an example of a player in an SRV knocking out a base’s weapons, allowing a pilot to swoop in and start blowing stuff up, which in turn will let the SRV player get further into the base.

“They’re in the same game-space – the scale is dramatically different, but we want to make sure it doesn’t feel like it’s some sort of separate hived off area,” adds Sammarco. “You’re going to go down from space, into low-planetary flight, and then land and get into your SRV; but there’ll still be ships flying around.“

New hints on later content (I get the feeling this won't be in this season), re-confirms plans to have wildlife on some planets:

“There is so much more we can do here. Down the line, there’s getting out of your ships, Earth-like planets, cities, wildlife, game hunting; not killing lions of course, but it will be the equivalent, so you’ll go after big and giant creatures. It’s just the richness of that – there is the whole ‘where does the upload artifact story lead?’ There is a long plan in the future.”

I'm currently reading Star Maker and am curious about how they'll approach alien wildlife. I'm hoping it's not just "big aliens" but completely different lifeforms that are scientifically accurate to the size/gravity of the planet.

Also a potentially important detail:

Planetary bases will exist as a permanent feature of the planets and will not be instanced.

I wonder what he specifically means by that. I have to imagine it still uses instances, but maybe the location of the base isn't random?

Burny

Pic's not working for me, Burny!
Weird, could you look into the html source and check if the image is linked? It's working for me...

Is that the Federal Assault Ship??? They noted that it has a giant bay opening on the bottom and haven't stated what it's used for yet...

Considering the ship in newsletter 85's sneek peek is supposed to be the Federal Assault Ship, I'd say no. The engines are completely different. From the description, I'd say it's more likely something like the Panther Clipper.

Working for me now!

You're probably right. Doesn't look enough like the Dropship and doubt it's the rumored Krait or Hunter (and obvs not a Beluga, Dolphin, Corvette, or Cutter).

Yeah, it's likely the Panther. They've said it's changed since the concept art, so it's possible they've added the additional set of rotating thrusters.

Looks too small to me. Panther is massive. Could be just a matter of perspective though.

attachment.php

8UhPQ4L.jpg

You know, all the concept art shows what looks like moon bases, which is totally cool. But, consider that the view of the stars in the above image is what the sky COULD look like from one of these planets with no atmosphere...pretty awesome.

That, and there is a ton of variety for ice, rock, and metallic planets:

Hope we can land on the metallic planets that have those rich red/brown patches.

The ASP is nice and round as well. one half gray and the other orange.

Might try my hand at this over the weekend...

EDIT: Ah, looks like the old Panther for Elite had the two sets of thrusters, too:

Panther.gif

s-panth.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
My trusty 15 year old Saitek X45 joystick is on it's deathbed. The spring base is all chewed up , I've fixed it several times over the years but now the clip is cracking and there is no fixing it once that gives. Plus it squeaks like a stuck pig, it's damned annoying honestly.

SOOOO, I'm HOTAS shopping. I need it primarily for Flight Simulator and Elite but also various other sim games too. I've narrowed it down to three options that I like:

1) Saitek X55 Rhino. I like the button layout and configuration, lots of hats and rockers and press buttons plus several rotary switches for trim controls. It's basically a modern version of my X45. What I don't like are the quality control complaints and the rudder twist stick. The stick is also basically the same spring and concave plate design that my X45 has which I've never been in love with (and is breaking on mine), it feels like it "pops" out of center and isn't fluid. This option costs $200.

2) CH Flightstick + Pro Throttle + CH Pedals. Before I got my X45 back in 2000 I used an old CH Combatstick and throttle, and I loved the feel of it immensely. Super smooth stick motion and centering with zero noise or binding. I still have it today but it's not USB and can't even be plugged in to modern PC's, lol. The modern versions are USB and have many more buttons and such, but it lacks any rudder control so I'd have to get pedals too. This option costs $360.

3) Thrustmaster Warthog stick + throttle + CH Pedals. This is the best of the best quality wise but ironically not entirely ideal for me due to toggles and switches that are limited in use and a complete lack of rotary controls for trim. And again no rudder on the HOTUS so I'd have to buy pedals. The stick probably has the best feel of the bunch although many prefer the CH stick even over the Thrustmaster, but this setup is strongly geared towards the combat sims like DCS and less towards sims like FSX or Elite. This option costs $500.

I can't fucking decide, lol. I already have pedals at my feet from my Logitech G27 and I'm not sure I want to be swapping pedals back and forth all the time. It surprises me but the Saitek X55 seems to be my preference. But the feel of the CH stick is tempting me, I absolutely loved my old CH stick. The Thrustmaster just has too many drawbacks for that price tag to me, it doesn't feel worth it. If they had a more "civilian" styled throttle then it would appeal more to me.

So everyone here who has a HOTUS, any opinions for me?

Sarcasm

This is what you should get:

Durability (rules out #1) + compatibility (rules out #2) + Feels

Honestly 1 or 3. On 3 you mentioned geared for fighters which I believe is a bad way to look at it. Cause honestly if you like it and it feels great, it will work great for you.

SmartBase

My trusty 15 year old Saitek X45 joystick is on it's deathbed. The spring base is all chewed up , I've fixed it several times over the years but now the clip is cracking and there is no fixing it once that gives. Plus it squeaks like a stuck pig, it's damned annoying honestly.

SOOOO, I'm HOTAS shopping. I need it primarily for Flight Simulator and Elite but also various other sim games too. I've narrowed it down to three options that I like:

1) Saitek X55 Rhino. I like the button layout and configuration, lots of hats and rockers and press buttons plus several rotary switches for trim controls. It's basically a modern version of my X45. What I don't like are the quality control complaints and the rudder twist stick. The stick is also basically the same spring and concave plate design that my X45 has which I've never been in love with (and is breaking on mine), it feels like it "pops" out of center and isn't fluid. This option costs $200.

2) CH Flightstick + Pro Throttle + CH Pedals. Before I got my X45 back in 2000 I used an old CH Combatstick and throttle, and I loved the feel of it immensely. Super smooth stick motion and centering with zero noise or binding. I still have it today but it's not USB and can't even be plugged in to modern PC's, lol. The modern versions are USB and have many more buttons and such, but it lacks any rudder control so I'd have to get pedals too. This option costs $360.

3) Thrustmaster Warthog stick + throttle + CH Pedals. This is the best of the best quality wise but ironically not entirely ideal for me due to toggles and switches that are limited in use and a complete lack of rotary controls for trim. And again no rudder on the HOTUS so I'd have to buy pedals. The stick probably has the best feel of the bunch although many prefer the CH stick even over the Thrustmaster, but this setup is strongly geared towards the combat sims like DCS and less towards sims like FSX or Elite. This option costs $500.

I can't fucking decide, lol. I already have pedals at my feet from my Logitech G27 and I'm not sure I want to be swapping pedals back and forth all the time. It surprises me but the Saitek X55 seems to be my preference. But the feel of the CH stick is tempting me, I absolutely loved my old CH stick. The Thrustmaster just has too many drawbacks for that price tag to me, it doesn't feel worth it. If they had a more "civilian" styled throttle then it would appeal more to me.

I'm biased as hell, but I'd go for the full CH setup just for the software.

This is what you should get:

Durability (rules out #1) + compatibility (rules out #2) + Feels

Honestly 1 or 3. On 3 you mentioned geared for fighters which I believe is a bad way to look at it. Cause honestly if you like it and it feels great, it will work great for you.

Compatibility?

Burny

From your train of thoughts, whatever you go for, stay away from the X52 Pro. Not that you even considered that. ;) It's a good allround stick for the price, but still feels plasticy and cheapish, while the button layout is not that great. Switches at the base of the stick and a useless big ass display at the base of the throttle?

I'm in a similar situation, where I'm debating selling off my (fully functional, less than a year old) stick, to replace it with something new. The only thing I'm sure about however, is that I'm not getting one of Saitek's "Plastikbomber" sticks anymore, so the X55 is out, even if the button layout seems good and the price is more reasonable then the other options.

That leaves me with the CH Throttle/Fighter(?) Stick and the Thrustmaster Warthog. Both of which setups will cost about 300€ here. I'm heavily leaning towards the CH Products sticks. While the Warthog looks ridiculously cool and I'm a sucker for metal exteriors, I haven't read (or imaging having...) too great things about their build quality either.

Both would leave me looking for rudder pedals, although I'm kind of resolved to get one anyway. It's the same here: No Saitek plastic... So I've singled out two options:

Both cost something above 300€. :( I'm down for the metal of the Slaw device, buth te Crosswind seem like the far more configurable option.

600&#8364; gear for a very casual sim gamer. Selling the X52 Pro isn't going to dampen the hit much, I'll be lucky if I can get around 100&#8364; back for it. >.<

Edit: could anybody with experience of the CH Products Stick/throttle chime in here? Is the software usable under Windows 8/10? How is the build quality, e.g. compared to the Warthog? I'd probably use the Stick and the rudder pedals for such a Frankenstein setup in Star Citizen, so is the throttle usable on its own?

Hylian7

If you're really willing to put out the cash, probably options 2 or 3 are what you want. I don't know if you're familiar with Arma at all, but Dslyecxi (probably the most notable Arma player/community member) uses the Warthog and MFG Crosswind Rudder pedals.

He did a review on the MFG Crosswind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_5keOriIo

Like I said, he uses the Warthog, he seems to like it as he does fly helicopters quite a bit. My only real hangup about it is that it doesn't mimic the controls you see in front of you in Elite, but that's not too big of a deal anyway.

Mengy

compatibility (rules out #2)

From everything I've read the CH products have zero compatibility problems. They are pretty much universally supported since they really haven't changed much in the last decade, you don't even need the CH software most of the time.

Edit: could anybody with experience of the CH Products Stick/throttle chime in here? Is the software usable under Windows 8/10? How is the build quality, e.g. compared to the Warthog? I'd probably use the Stick and the rudder pedals for such a Frankenstein setup in Star Citizen, so is the throttle usable on its own?

Like you, I ruled out the X52 Pro completely. I don't like the LCD and the rotarys suck, plus lots of build quality complaints with them. But then the X55 has the same quality issues too, it's hit or miss when you buy a Saitek. Then again, my X45 has lasted me 15 years under heavy sim usage, soooooo....

As for CH experience, a bud of mine has been using a CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle for the past 8 years and he loves it to death. They both still work as good as new today, and he uses them weekly. His opinion is helping to sway me to CH honestly.

And like you I'm leaning towards biting the bullet and buying myself pedals too. I've been virtually flying since my C64 days, maybe it's time I finally get a damned set of rudder pedals. That said, those two you posted are more than what I want to buy, Holy Shit!!!

These are the pedals I'm leaning towards:

They get exceptional reviews everywhere I read and apparently last forever. Plus they only cost about $110.

Like I said, he uses the Warthog, he seems to like it as he does fly helicopters quite a bit.

Yeah, I used to love flying helicopters in FSX but haven't in a few years now due to my X45 stick not operating smoothly. Both the Thrustmaster and the CH Fighterstick are apparently great for helicopter sims, while the Saitek spring on plate products all have a less than smooth movement in comparison.

Yeah, I think I'm ruling out another Saitek. So much for my wallet not crying, LOL...

Burny

As for CH experience, a bud of mine has been using a CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle for the past 8 years and he loves it to death. They both still work as good as new today, and he uses them weekly. His opinion is helping to sway me to CH honestly.

And like you I'm leaning towards biting the bullet and buying myself pedals too. I've been virtually flying since my C64 days, maybe it's time I finally get a damned set of rudder pedals. That said, those two you posted are more than what I want to buy, Holy Shit!!!

These are the pedals I'm leaning towards

Well screw it, I'm biting the bullet and getting the CH Products stick and throttle. >.< Selling the X52 Pro. Typical case of "If you buy cheap, you'll buy twice". Sadly the X52 Pro wasn't even cheap to begin with.

I'm also going for the MFG crosswind rudder pedals. No matter how good the CH Products pedals' reviews may be, they look hideous in my eyes. :( The stick and throttle already look like 90's gaming gear, but the pedals just go a step too far IMO.

I searched but could not find any so will ask here.

Is there a thread for XBO players?

I'm in the game preview and am hooked right now. I am playing for the underdog Prav Natal(sp?), its the white colored section of space that is far away when you start the game.

However I am now want I Ng to play with others!!! I've worked my way up to a Diamondback scout and could use a wing man for huge paydays!

frontieruk

I searched but could not find any so will ask here.

Is there a thread for XBO players?

I'm in the game preview and am hooked right now. I am playing for the underdog Prav Natal(sp?), its the white colored section of space that is far away when you start the game.

However I am now want I Ng to play with others!!! I've worked my way up to a Diamondback scout and could use a wing man for huge paydays!

Everyone is in here atm as far as I'm aware, it'd be interesting to get a gaf x1 roll call just to see who's available...

Paging Anton... as I know you're on X1 ;)

Hylian7

I have been racking my brain over this for a long time now, and I cannot fucking figure it out.

I have a Saitek X-52 I use mainly for Elite, but sometimes other stuff like Arma. Anyway, ever since I've been on Windows 10 (clean install), every time I unplug it, my mouse freaks out and if I try to left click it just makes a series of beeps, and the cursor stutters for a bit. I have to hit my computer's reset button to get out of this state. If I try to restart from the start menu using the keyboard, it endlessly hangs on "Shutting down".

This NEVER happened on my old installation of Windows 7. Does anyone ever deal with anything like this and know why it might have happened?

So far I have tried all of the following, and probably more than I failed to mention.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the X-52 drivers, making sure to completely wipe them out before reinstalling
Uninstalling and reinstalling my mouse drivers
Trying different mice
Trying different USB ports, some USB 2.0, some USB 3.0, some on hubs, some directly on the case going to the motherboard.

Oh, and plugging it back in does NOT stop this. The only way I know to stop it is to reboot.

Everyone is in here atm as far as I'm aware, it'd be interesting to get a gaf x1 roll call just to see who's available...

Paging Anton... as I know you're on X1 ;)

OMG please lets do a roll call and have GAF change the political landscape of the galaxy by promoting the independents of Prav Natal!!! It would be so cool because that faction is the smallest on both PC and X1!!!

Come on GAF!!! Join me and change the face of this online persistent universe!! Lets show the strength of GAF!!!

DrBo42

I might check it out on XB1. Not playing anything on it atm anyway. For those that play on both XB1 and PC, my PC save is out around 6,000 LY from inhabited space, where is the XB1 version going to start me?

Hylian7

I might check it out on XB1. Not playing anything on it atm anyway. For those that play on both XB1 and PC, my PC save is out around 6,000 LY from inhabited space, where is the XB1 version going to start me?
I would assume the same place you start the first time you play the PC version.

I've been a little unclear on this. Was the Xbone version only the CQC part for a while and then eventually had what the PC version has?

Mengy

I have been racking my brain over this for a long time now, and I cannot fucking figure it out.

I have a Saitek X-52 I use mainly for Elite, but sometimes other stuff like Arma. Anyway, ever since I've been on Windows 10 (clean install), every time I unplug it, my mouse freaks out and if I try to left click it just makes a series of beeps, and the cursor stutters for a bit. I have to hit my computer's reset button to get out of this state. If I try to restart from the start menu using the keyboard, it endlessly hangs on "Shutting down".

This NEVER happened on my old installation of Windows 7. Does anyone ever deal with anything like this and know why it might have happened?

So far I have tried all of the following, and probably more than I failed to mention.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the X-52 drivers, making sure to completely wipe them out before reinstalling
Uninstalling and reinstalling my mouse drivers
Trying different mice
Trying different USB ports, some USB 2.0, some USB 3.0, some on hubs, some directly on the case going to the motherboard.

Oh, and plugging it back in does NOT stop this. The only way I know to stop it is to reboot.

Saitek doesn't have proper Windows 10 drivers yet. It's a ghosting issue due to powered USB ports not "unplugging" properly, others have the same issue you do but only after they plug the X52 into the USB port. The only current way to correct it once it happens is to reboot, apparently, for now. I read all about it during my new HOTAS research yesterday, it's even worse / more common with the X55.

It's actually one of the reasons why I decided to go with CH for my new setup. Ordered it all this afternoon, a brand new CH Fighterstick + Pro Throttle + Pro Pedals. The clip on my X45 split today, so I ain't flying nothing until my new CH arrives, lol.

Hylian7

Saitek doesn't have proper Windows 10 drivers yet. It's a ghosting issue due to powered USB ports not "unplugging" properly, others have the same issue you do but only after they plug the X52 into the USB port. The only current way to correct it once it happens is to reboot, apparently, for now. I read all about it during my new HOTAS research yesterday, it's even worse / more common with the X55.

It's actually one of the reasons why I decided to go with CH for my new setup. Ordered it all this afternoon, a brand new CH Fighterstick + Pro Throttle + Pro Pedals. The clip on my X45 split today, so I ain't flying nothing until my new CH arrives, lol.

Well, good to know it's not just my setup then. That explains a lot.

arhra

I would assume the same place you start the first time you play the PC version.
Yeah, you start out in LHS 3447, which as far as I can tell from watching videos of the PC version, is the same there.

I've been a little unclear on this. Was the Xbone version only the CQC part for a while and then eventually had what the PC version has?

No. It's always been the same as the full PC version, but sometimes a little behind on some systems (ie, powerplay wasn't working for a while), and running on a separate set of servers that's only periodically synced with the live PC version (kinda similar to how their beta servers operate, I believe).

CQC wasn't added until an update about three weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom