• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

Did they move where "Wanted" enemies spawn? They no longer show up around stars for me. Just a lot of different factions for that area.
Only change was condas no longer spawn in RES, though you can find wanted ones in sc still.

Go to a RES and you'll find tons of wanted ships.

SmartBase

It's too bad racing doesn't fit into any of the three rankings in the game, those powerup rings in CQC would make decent checkpoints for races.

Just received an email for ED: Horizons. £40 but that £130 lifetime pass is looking mighty tasty. Will wait until pay day to make a decision but it seems like a good deal as long as they release at least 3 expansions. I'd probably be buying them anyway.

Reckheim

Just received an email for ED: Horizons. £40 but that £130 lifetime pass is looking mighty tasty. Will wait until pay day to make a decision but it seems like a good deal as long as they release at least 3 expansions. I'd probably be buying them anyway.

I honestly wish I bought the lifetime pass to be honest, I love this game. It's definitely not a game for everybody tho so it is a risk.

Burny

Frontier seems to be slowly gearing up for the inclusion of some group features. They're compiling a list of player groups.

Is anybody interested in forming a Neogaf group and applying? I think it's been asked before here, but was largely ignored. Or maybe I missed that someone already applied?

Reckheim

I can apply to have the group set up, just want to make sure there is only one submission.

Edit: or maybe one of the more seasoned 'members' could set it up.

Just don't want to miss the boat in case there might be some benefits in having a group set up in the future (i.e Gaf star station or something)

I can confirm that the X55 software doesn't work very well in Windows 10, moving any axis while trying to use macros will cause the program to spam the macro press.

Of course, normally one tries to avoid using POS official joystick controlling software, EXCEPT it's the only way to use the 'Slider' SBK switch to do anything beside sit there like a diseased 7th toe. ... Also I may use the sine curve correction for more percise aiming adjustment.

Burny

Back again from the weekend...

I'll send in a request for a group, just one question ... You guys want to be pve or PvP?

I didn't send anything in yet, because I didn't have the time to give it some thought. Specifically what the group should be named (just neogaf or something more "fancy"?). What information did you send in?

Your group name: ?
Type (PVE/PVP): PvE (Would've let this
Number of members: ?
Website (if you have one): ?

Should we keep a member list here or in some other thread?

Reckheim

I didn't send anything in yet, because I didn't have the time to give it some thought. Specifically what the group should be named (just neogaf or something more "fancy"?). What information did you send in?

Honestly I think we should make a new thread for the group ... That way people know which system is gaf and what the names of the commanders that play are

k1t4j

Hello everyone, I have just bought an Xbox One this afternoon and this was one of the games I wanted to try, seeing that I don't own a gaming PC.

I am playing the trial and currently really liking it, and I have a few questions out of sheer curiosity and enthusiasm.

-Anyone here that is playing the X1 version can tell me if it's worth it?

-Do X1 people play with PC players?

-Is this worth 30 bucks for someone that never played a space sim but really wants to get into it?

-Is this the correct OT for a newb to ask questions about the console version? (I found X1 threads but they were pretty old...)

Thanks guys!

frontieruk

Hello everyone, I have just bought an Xbox One this afternoon and this was one of the games I wanted to try, seeing that I don't own a gaming PC.

I am playing the trial and currently really liking it, and I have a few questions out of sheer curiosity and enthusiasm.

Hey welcome to the thread :)

-Anyone here that is playing the X1 version can tell me if it's worth it?
It plays very well compared to the PC version, in fact their are several if us in this very thread who play both versions and were impressed with the X1 version

-Do X1 people play with PC players?
Not directly, in fact at the moment my understanding is the X1 is on its own galaxy compared to the PC/MAC, but both are going to get unified soon so the effects Xbox players have on trade pricing / community goals will be felt on PC and vice versa.

-Is this worth 30 bucks for someone that never played a space sim but really wants to get into it?
Only you can decide that, but as I said earlier several of us have bought it on two systems so we're enjoying it, but you have to make your own way in the game, there isn't a huge story narrative to drive your actions, so if you can make your own fun jump in.

-Is this the correct OT for a newb to ask questions about the console version? (I found X1 threads but they were pretty old...)
Yes we're a community so we've got you covered

Thanks guys!
NP ;)

Pomerlaw

Frontier seems to be slowly gearing up for the inclusion of some group features. They're compiling a list of player groups.

Is anybody interested in forming a Neogaf group and applying? I think it's been asked before here, but was largely ignored. Or maybe I missed that someone already applied?

I'm in!
Next we have to find a beautiful system to base our operations!

Reckheim

Send something in but cancelled it, you're right; lets thing this over.

I think just a simple NeoGAF would be good for the name but lets have some suggestions.

Dang this game is fun. Haven't been able to play too much, but got enough credits to buy an Eagle and go bounty hunting. I need to try and go out of my way more though. I keep finding myself in the same three systems.

What ship should I save up for next for BH? I've heard the Viper is very nice for BH.

MNC

Is there any surefire way to get into the same instance with friends? Had to go through a few hoops to get it working last night.

Also, got hammered by an NPC. The turning speed of my ship is sooooooo slow. It took like, 15 seconds to turn 180 and got my health to 30%, so I had to jump away.

Burny

Ok then. Any suggestions for a name?

In terms of PvE/-P I wouldn't limit the group to anything. There are probably players going for either option. With CQC, anyone can potentially go for PvP, even if their more into PvE.

Sarcasm

Is there any surefire way to get into the same instance with friends? Had to go through a few hoops to get it working last night.

Also, got hammered by an NPC. The turning speed of my ship is sooooooo slow. It took like, 15 seconds to turn 180 and got my health to 30%, so I had to jump away.

The private option. If you can't see (after some one creates the group and you join it) it you need to restart the game.

Turn FA off and mouse + nose thruster is a quick way to do an almost 180.

k1t4j

Hey welcome to the thread :)

It plays very well compared to the PC version, in fact their are several if us in this very thread who play both versions and were impressed with the X1 version

Not directly, in fact at the moment my understanding is the X1 is on its own galaxy compared to the PC/MAC, but both are going to get unified soon so the effects Xbox players have on trade pricing / community goals will be felt on PC and vice versa.

Only you can decide that, but as I said earlier several of us have bought it on two systems so we're enjoying it, but you have to make your own way in the game, there isn't a huge story narrative to drive your actions, so if you can make your own fun jump in.

Yes we're a community so we've got you covered

NP ;)

Thanks a lot for your help, I am currently downloading the full game and will start reading more about it so I can get properly into it :).

See you arround!

JambiBum

So I took a long break from ED to play other stuff while they added content and finally started to get back into it. The only thing I'm really confused on is the PowerPlay stuff since I haven't paid much attention to it (I can figure it out on my own, but any info on it would be welcomed) but I do have some questions about mining since it's how I decided I want to make my money. Are the drones that can prospect rocks for you worth it and is there an easy way to tell which systems are the best for mining? I use the collector drones now and am unsure if I should slot the prospecting ones into some of the extra cargo space I currently have. Also is there ever a way to send more than one collector drone out at a time?

frontieruk

So I took a long break from ED to play other stuff while they added content and finally started to get back into it. The only thing I'm really confused on is the PowerPlay stuff since I haven't paid much attention to it (I can figure it out on my own, but any info on it would be welcomed) but I do have some questions about mining since it's how I decided I want to make my money. Are the drones that can prospect rocks for you worth it and is there an easy way to tell which systems are the best for mining? I use the collector drones now and am unsure if I should slot the prospecting ones into some of the extra cargo space I currently have. Also is there ever a way to send more than one collector drone out at a time?

There are low, regular and high intensity RES sites, low RES sites are basically mined out of the good stuff, regular you can find it with a bit of work High is the best, but as with everything in Elite risk reward comes into play and playing in high you'll be coming across Cpt Jack more often, but apparently High Res in High Sec will put you at most risk of Pirates.

you can only have one collector drone at a time, launching a second destroys the first. but it does collect for x amount of time depending on the rating of the controller.

So I have a hauler and that is it. Now I have some time to play, what is the best bang for buck?

Which website is best to use?

http://elitetradingtool.co.uk/

tends to get most love

MNC

The private option. If you can't see (after some one creates the group and you join it) it you need to restart the game.

Turn FA off and mouse + nose thruster is a quick way to do an almost 180.
That's what we did; create a group, join in private group mode, fly to a specific system to join up; nothing. Couldn't see each other. We added each other to a wing and rejoined the system and then it worked. Hope there is a way to absolutely ensure we get into the same space. How big is an instance? Is it per planet in a system?

JambiBum

There are low, regular and high intensity RES sites, low RES sites are basically mined out of the good stuff, regular you can find it with a bit of work High is the best, but as with everything in Elite risk reward comes into play and playing in high you'll be coming across Cpt Jack more often, but apparently High Res in High Sec will put you at most risk of Pirates.

you can only have one collector drone at a time, launching a second destroys the first. but it does collect for x amount of time depending on the rating of the controller.
I figured the high intensity sites were the best so that's what I've been sticking to. Didn't know that rating played a part in the amount of time they stayed out, thought it only changed the distance they could travel. I'll have to look at them then. Thanks.

Pomerlaw

Dang this game is fun. Haven't been able to play too much, but got enough credits to buy an Eagle and go bounty hunting. I need to try and go out of my way more though. I keep finding myself in the same three systems.

What ship should I save up for next for BH? I've heard the Viper is very nice for BH.

Not the most agile ship, but really fast (you can run easily from almost anything, except a Cobra/Clipper). Great shields, and beautiful too, expecially in Gold. Here is mine :

Xb9Wrdi.png

Roll and pitch, yaw is slow / pips to engine / blue zone
Also check for upgrades.
To make a really quick loop, turn flight assist off and hit BOOST.

Burny

It you didn't know already (or nobody above told you), in flight assisted mode, you'll get the best turn rates with your ship, when the throttle is within the blue bar. Of course, you'll be turning the fastest if you disable flight assist, at least for the turn.

Viper, absolutely. It is crazy cheap, has a much higher potential damage output than the Eagle and can take a whole lot more punishment. The only alternative is the Cobra, which is more expensive and more of a multi purpose ship, but still valid for bounty hunting. I doubt you'll have much fun earning your way to the next ship after those in an Eagle. ;) The next pure combat vessel is the vulture, at almost 5 mil. credits.

arhra

So I have a hauler and that is it. Now I have some time to play, what is the best bang for buck?

Which website is best to use?

A Hauler isn't really big enough to make big bucks from commodity trading, so your best bet is probably to max out cargo space and FSD (fuel scoop optional, but it's a tradeoff of 2T of cargo space vs never having to stop off at a station to refuel), and run a rare trading route. This is the one I usually use (although with a Hauler you'll probably fill up fairly quickly at either end, and end up skipping some systems).

If you get bored doing that and fancy a change of pace, you can actually outfit a Hauler as a fairly competent explorer, so it's a decent choice if you want to get out there and see the galaxy without too much investment. Not nearly as lucrative as trading, but at least you're not just going in circles repeating the same thing over and over.

Nymerio

I'd get the Viper just for the sound of its engines alone
EKhNF9P.png

Sarcasm

A Hauler isn't really big enough to make big bucks from commodity trading, so your best bet is probably to max out cargo space and FSD (fuel scoop optional, but it's a tradeoff of 2T of cargo space vs never having to stop off at a station to refuel), and run a rare trading route. This is the one I usually use (although with a Hauler you'll probably fill up fairly quickly at either end, and end up skipping some systems).

This looks perfect! Thing is I don't understand the outfitting. I am trying to follow your build but example:

On cargo rack on that build site it says
does it list class 3 two times?

Now this is confusing for me:

Do I already have that alloy plate? Says buy & equip, than next screen says already fitted.

Wow no shield gen?

ugh I can't find a Class A fuel scoop.

Shifty76

This looks perfect! Thing is I don't understand the outfitting. I am trying to follow your build but example:

On cargo rack on that build site it says
does it list class 3 two times?

Now this is confusing for me:

Do I already have that alloy plate? Says buy & equip, than next screen says already fitted.

Wow no shield gen?

ugh I can't find a Class A fuel scoop.

Hauler has two size 3 compartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom