• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is my nav computer drunk?

iNzrXuJiwB7Eb.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My god.

It's full of stars.

So far, this is wonderful. I have no idea what I'm doing, but man does this nail the feeling of being a dashing fish delivery guy. Now, if only I can find some fish. The landing seems a bit too finicky, IMO. I'm at a dead stop, lined up almost pixel perfect and the landing tracker beeping like crazy, nothing. I loop back around, try again and then it works. Nothing changed that I can figure out. *shrug*

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
My god.

It's full of stars.

So far, this is wonderful. I have no idea what I'm doing, but man does this nail the feeling of being a dashing fish delivery guy. Now, if only I can find some fish. The landing seems a bit too finicky, IMO. I'm at a dead stop, lined up almost pixel perfect and the landing tracker beeping like crazy, nothing. I loop back around, try again and then it works. Nothing changed that I can figure out. *shrug*

There is a "blast plate" tilted at a 45 degree angle on every landing pad. Make sure the back of your ship is pointing at it when you land.

My god.

It's full of stars.

Probably just facing the wrong way, need to face the tower.

Maybe I'm lazy from having played Frontier all the time, but is there any way to get an autopilot to do the landing? It looks awesome in tutorials but it seems like a nervewracking thing to do if you barely just survived a dogfight and need to go home for repairs.

moggio

Banned
Maybe I'm lazy from having played Frontier all the time, but is there any way to get an autopilot to do the landing? It looks awesome in tutorials but it seems like a nervewracking thing to do if you barely just survived a dogfight and need to go home for repairs.

There is an autodocking module, yes. It does get confused occasionally though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pfft Autodocking is for lame-o's.

Though the music easter egg you get when you turn it on is worth hearing at least once.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
There is an autodocking module, yes. It does get confused occasionally though.

And it is slooooow.

Just keep practicing. After a few hours I was barreling full speed into a station, slowing down at the last second then dropping right onto the pad.

bj00rn_

Banned
Soooo... Don't install the Nvidia Beta drivers if you have a DK2.. VR mode is broken now. I guess they are called Beta drivers for a reason, sigh..

Luckily it's easy to do a rollback in the device manager..

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I am going to be streaming a bit later on and it would be sweet to have some people watch. I think I can show off the game quite well.

Just arrived in Ho Hsi now, parked at Hand Ring station. Time to log for the day though, sent you a friend's request.

Is there a roadmap on what they are planning?

I'm getting the X52 although admittedly for free through a reward program at work. Looks to be awesome though.

At the end of post 2 there's just a tiny bit of information, I'll try to update it.
I'm going to be doing a lot of refining and updating to OP. I need to add a FAQ section, there's just so much information that it's starting to become a wall of text. Like I said I wish I would have reserved another slot for the most pertitenent up to date information.

Nice, the X52 is a great setup.

OP has a section to check in the first post on sticks and prices.

I think he missed the CH throttle and stick, which I've heard good things about but haven't used myself. Someone posted a shot of theirs earlier in the thread.

The only reason I didn't link the CH throttle and stick is because it's almost 100 per piece and must be ordered independently? So USD 200? With similiar items being in a single package with the same features and reliability at a lower price. That being said I can only say that in context of the U.S. I still need to find prices etc for CA and international stores.

Looks like it's set to economical route rather than fastest in the galaxy map options. I'm guessing economical jumps you to stars you can scoop from.

Yea he probably has economical checked instead of fastest. I'm still working on my scoopable star list. But so far it seems all M class stars are scoopable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dunno, but you could direct more power to the Weapon systems with the Right Arrow key.

elyetis

Thanks for the answer.

Yeah I had the basic putting more power into weapon, but it still deplete sooo fast ( and I just did a fight against a ( harmless npc skill wise ) anaconda as a eagle so it took quite some time ).
I mostly wondered what I should upgrade to make it better, if it was the weapon themselves, the power plant or power distribution modules..

Just upgraded my power plant and power distribution modules with my rewards.

Bounty hunting is really fun.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So, what exactly are the pre-order bonuses besides that tacky skull decal and where can I find them? :p

They haven't said anything about this stuff since release, or have they?

Shikoba

Welp, just flew around the galaxy a bit. Did two missions, and now it's time to go eat.

SUUUUPER noob question: How do I buy stuff?

Depends on what you are trying to buy. If you are looking to buy low and sell high for trading purposes, then you want to look at the market. If you are talking about ship upgrades, you will find them in the Ship Outfitting screen. If you are trying to sell "stolen" goods you will need to use the blackmarket, or sell them in a pirate heavy system that accepts anything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Should it be this difficult finding pirates without an interdictor module? I can scan down a lot of wanted guys but as long as they're in supercruise I don't think I can touch them.

Is my only choice to play the Unidentified Signal Source roulette?

Should it be this difficult finding pirates without an interdictor module? I can scan down a lot of wanted guys but as long as they're in Supercruise I don't think I can touch them.

Is my only choice to play the Unidentified Signal Source roulette?

USS and Nav Beacons. I usually find there's more ships at Nav Beacons.

Klyka

Banned
Thanks everyone for joining in the stream and doing that awesome fight with me!
haven't had this much fun in the game yet and we definitely showed you can play it in multiplayer with your friends!

Jett Comms Limited for LIFE! :D

bobeth

Quick question, sorry if it was already discussed. I bought a Saitek x52 a year ago, it is still sitting in its box (had a great deal). Would you say this game is best played with a flight stick, as opposed to k/m or a controller? I'm not gonna bother setting it up if it's not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom