• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
So are conflict zones going to start showing up?

I wonder if we can get Hand Ring to switch over to Jet Corp if we manage to kick the shit out of Ho Hsi.

There should be conflict zones starting up and special missions for those zones. And yes, we should be able to take Hand Ring for Jet Comms.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Suit up gentlemen/woman. WAR IS ON.

15488938574_d3936968a1_o.png

owlbeak

Can confirm presence of conflict zones in Ho Hsi! Let's do this!

Heading to High Intensity Zone at Hand Ring. For Jet Comms!

Jezbollah

So close to doing it

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/dunno9kurg.png[/IMG]

Won't be able to afford a joy within the next 6 months or so though.

Though I can't really tell which flight stick is the hotas..pardon the Chinese but which would would it be on this?

http://search.pchome.com.tw/search/?q=Thrustmaster+T-Flight+HOTAS&ch=&ac=

Unless I'm missing something, H.O.T.A.S. is an acronym- Hands On Throttle And Stick - any products there with separate stick and throttle units are HOTAS.

JambiBum

Damn, I have several questions and can't find any good answers online. After upgrading half of my Viper modules to A I'm a little confused about some of the other modules. Maybe you guys can help me out?

1) Bulkheads. As a bounty hunter, should I stick with the Lightweight alloys or upgrade to a Mirrored Surface Composite? Most of the damage I take is from lasers. But I'm not sure if the difference is that big? It's 9T heavier, would make my Viper 10% heavier and less manoeuvrable.

2) Sensors. I have C sensors (2T) equipped with 5km range. A sensors (5T) have 6km range but are heavier and consume more power. Is it worth it for an additional km in range?

3) Fuel scoop. I have D class 3 equipped with 100/s efficiency. How do I know if a more expensive fuel scoop would be better? Does the rating or the class effect the efficiency? Or even both? Do I have to try it out?

4) Shield cell bank. I have 2 A class 1 shield cell banks installed, there are also class 2 shield cell banks but with higher weight (2.5T instead of 1.3T each). Are they really better?

5) Shield generator. I got a cheap one with C rating with higher optimal/max hull mass than the most expensive ones. I don't get what's better, how should I interpret the stats?

1. Bulkheads depend on what you want to do with your ship. If you see yourself sticking with the viper for a while then I say upgrade them, but if you plan on jumping ships (heh) then I'd leave them alone. Lightweight does well enough.

2. I stay with the 5km sensors due to the weight difference. Most ships won't be able to hit you with anything outside of that range anyway.

3. Fuel scoop you can keep where it is, especially since you are in a viper. The better scoops are mostly for the bigger ships since they have more fuel. What you have now will get you by while in the viper.

4. There are a couple of things that change with the different shield banks. Mostly weight, power consumption and number of charges you can use before you have to refill. You can check this by going into your moduls tab, I'm not sure if it tells you in the actual outfitting menu or not.

5. You only really need to upgrade your generator when you have a decent change in mass. The better the generator, the more mass it can protect. This is the reason why you see a lot of the bigger cargo ships without shields. They would have to buy an expensive generator to cover the mass that they want to carry.

Hope this helps.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Bloody hell guys, nice job starting a war.

Say I want to jump in and help out in my Cobra, what's a good weapon setup these days? I've been rocking 4 gimballed auto-cannons but I'm not sure if there's something that could be more effective...

bj00rn_

Banned
So close to doing it

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/dunno9kurg.png[IMG]

Won't be able to afford a joy within the next 6 months or so though.

Though I can't really tell which flight stick is the hotas..pardon the Chinese but which would would it be on this?

http://search.pchome.com.tw/search/?q=Thrustmaster+T-Flight+HOTAS&ch=&ac=

Congrats if you do :)

The Thrustmaster Hotas X? Or in general (HOTAS is Stick AND separate throttle)

http://www.pcstore.com.tw/esunfon/M07493575.htm The Thrustmaster HOTAS X has a hybrid solution where you can attach the throttle and stick together, that's why it hard to separate them on pictures.

Atruvius

Went to one of those conflict zones and destroy a few ships. I had full shields when another ship bumped into me totally destroying my falcon. Didn't even see the guy, he came from above/behind. :(

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Went to one of those conflict zones and destroy a few ships. I had full shields when another ship bumped into me totally destroying my falcon. Didn't even see the guy, he came from above/behind. :(

tumblr_lnui9g1pIX1qabfx1o1_500.gif

Klyka

Banned

Your....falcon?

But yeah,be careful in conflict zones, there is a LOT more traffic than you might be used to

HelloMeow

So I travel 106 ly to HO HSI and immediately drop into a conflict zone. I kill some enemies and then this cunt cobra rams into me, killing me and sending me 106 ly back to where I came from.

My god those guys are suicidal.

Klyka

Banned
So I travel 106 ly to HO HSI and immediately drop into a conflict zone. I kill some enemies and then this cunt cobra rams into me, killing me and sending me 106 ly back to where I came from.

My god those guys are suicidal.

Always dock at a station in system before going to war!

Faith

Is it a better place for bounty hunting than at Nav Beacons in anarchy systems?

JINYX

Neo Member
Finally all those personal weapons runs and random missions and what not paid off. Wondering what part of our efforts made this possible though? Was it the double dealing on Ho Hsi Corp, or just all the missions, or killing Ho Hsi ships. Wish there was some way to tell or something.

Either way excited to come join the war effort later tonite. Good job guys!

JambiBum

Is it a better place for bounty hunting than at Nav Beacons in anarchy systems?

There's no bounty hunting in conflict zones. You pick a side and then for every ship you destroy on the opposing side you get a combat voucher to turn in. I think they are usually worth 3 grand, not sure if bigger ships are worth more or not.

Klyka

Banned
Finally all those personal weapons runs and random missions and what not paid off. Wondering what part of our efforts made this possible though? Was it the double dealing on Ho Hsi Corp, or just all the missions, or killing Ho Hsi ships. Wish there was some way to tell or something.

Either way excited to come join the war effort later tonite. Good job guys!

It was all of us. Together.
It was our traders, our bounty hunters, our pirates and backstabbers.
It was you and me and everyone here.

It was GAF.

BELIEVE

Faith

1. Bulkheads depend on what you want to do with your ship. If you see yourself sticking with the viper for a while then I say upgrade them, but if you plan on jumping ships (heh) then I'd leave them alone. Lightweight does well enough.

2. I stay with the 5km sensors due to the weight difference. Most ships won't be able to hit you with anything outside of that range anyway.

3. Fuel scoop you can keep where it is, especially since you are in a viper. The better scoops are mostly for the bigger ships since they have more fuel. What you have now will get you by while in the viper.

4. There are a couple of things that change with the different shield banks. Mostly weight, power consumption and number of charges you can use before you have to refill. You can check this by going into your moduls tab, I'm not sure if it tells you in the actual outfitting menu or not.

5. You only really need to upgrade your generator when you have a decent change in mass. The better the generator, the more mass it can protect. This is the reason why you see a lot of the bigger cargo ships without shields. They would have to buy an expensive generator to cover the mass that they want to carry.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the answer! Really appreciate it :)

Here is my ship config btw:

1) I'm gonna stick with it till Frontier releases a new combat focused ship. I just want a bigger Viper. I realized that my shields never are really down because of my shield cell banks. So I wouldn't profit of the new bulkhead. Will keep the lightweight alloys for better manoeuvrability.

2) My gimballed MCannons would profit from better sensors. But I think the higher mass & power consumption isn't worth it:

Will also stick with the 5km sensors.

3) Ok, will keep it that way.

4) It's not really telling anything:

There is almost no information. Is there any additional info on the web?

5) So there is basically no improvement?

Should I just keep this shield generator?

Klyka

Banned
There's no bounty hunting in conflict zones. You pick a side and then for every ship you destroy on the opposing side you get a combat voucher to turn in. I think they are usually worth 3 grand, not sure if bigger ships are worth more or not.

Bigger ships are not (yet) worth more!

JambiBum

Yeah with those stats I don't see why you wouldn't keep the shield generator as it is. Unless someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. For the shield banks, you might have to just buy different ones and then check your ship details to see how many charges each one has. You can always just sell them back or swap them out so it's not like you will be losing anything.

Wreav

Banned
It was all of us. Together.
It was our traders, our bounty hunters, our pirates and backstabbers.
It was you and me and everyone here.

It was GAF.

BELIEVE
It was more likely Reddit due to their much larger player base, but yay anyways!

Sarcasm

What is the difference say between a 30 HOTAs and a 120+ HOTAS? Buttons? or just build material.

I am looking at the thrustmaster x (which says flight sim so dunno if the buttons are bindable).

Klyka

Banned
What is the difference say between a 30 HOTAs and a 120+ HOTAS? Buttons? or just build material.

I am looking at the thrustmaster x (which says flight sim so dunno if the buttons are bindable).

build material, buttons, abilities and brand.

JambiBum

I honestly don't think it was Reddit. I didn't see many names in Ho Hsi that I didn't recognize from our GAF lists besides a few. I think we were just finally able to push it over the breaking point.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just one last, hard and bloody push and we got this!

Mwahaha! This will be fun. Long-term, Aeternitas could still come into play, but as a wealthy powerful system for Jet Comms to expand into after it hits 100%.

I honestly don't think it was Reddit. I didn't see many names in Ho Hsi that I didn't recognize from our GAF lists besides a few. I think we were just finally able to push it over the breaking point.

Yeah, it wasn't that big on reddit - GAF-driven but they did help out.

I bet that maintenance last night fixed whatever was getting "stuck".

Klyka

Banned

I think it was also a big factor that we KEPT IT critical so long.
Like, it was brewing,we just needed to keep it on the stove till it boiled over :D

Klyka

Banned
Mwahaha! This will be fun.

Long-term, Aeternitas could still come into play, but as a system for Jet Comms to expand into after it hits 100%.

Have you seen that there is a faction in a system close by called "Jet Federal Limited" which is close to expansion?

Jet family is big.

Nymerio

How do I actually gain influence with jet comms? I'm killing Ho Hsi scum but it doesn't appear to do anything. Can't really take missions either because they don't trust me enough :(

JambiBum

How do I actually gain influence with jet comms? I'm killing Ho Hsi scum but it doesn't appear to do anything. Can't really take missions either because they don't trust me enough :(

Do the smaller missions for Jet comms until you get to at least friendly status. They are usually the light cargo runs that are only worth a couple thousand credits. Remember that there are three stations you can choose from in Ho Hsi.

Klyka

Banned

Do missions you can take. go to conflict zones, choose Jet Comms as your faction in the function tab and kill Ho hsi,then turn those vouchers in at Jet Comms.
Trade commodities to Jet Comm stations, turn in Federation bounties at those stations.

Nymerio

Do the smaller missions for Jet comms until you get to at least friendly status. They are usually the light cargo runs that are only worth a couple thousand credits. Remember that there are three stations you can choose from in Ho Hsi.

Do missions you can take. go to conflict zones, choose Jet Comms as your faction in the function tab and kill Ho hsi,then turn those vouchers in at Jet Comms.
Trade commodities to Jet Comm stations, turn in Federation bounties at those stations.

kk thx, guess I'll keep shooting in the conflict zone. Only have an eagle with only 2 cargo slots :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom