• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atruvius

Your....falcon?

But yeah,be careful in conflict zones, there is a LOT more traffic than you might be used to
Heh, meant my Eagle.

Is it a better place for bounty hunting than at Nav Beacons in anarchy systems?

Didn't get any bounties or any money by shooting ships in the conflict zones. There was a mission though where you were tasked to destroy 9 ships in a conflict zone. It only netted me 25k so bounty hunting at nav beacons is much more lucrative.

JambiBum

Heh, meant my Eagle.

Didn't get any bounties or any money by shooting ships in the conflict zones. There was a mission though where you were tasked to destroy 9 ships in a conflict zone. It only netted me 25k so bounty hunting at nav beacons is much more lucrative.

Do enough damage to ships in conflict zones and you will get combat bonds which are worth 3 grand a piece. You don't even have to destroy the ship, just do a decent percentage of damage to get it.

Klyka

Banned
Heh, meant my Eagle.

Then you didn't choose a faction.
If you choose a faction in the conflict zone in your functions tab, whenever you kill an enemy ship you get a combat voucher which you can redeem at a station of the faction you fought for.

Klyka

Banned
I guess I need to make a trip to Ho Hsi. This sounds amazing.

The thing is, gameplay wise or so, it's not like crazy special, these conflict zones and such are in quite a few places in the galaxy right now.

What makes this so awesome is that not only are we one of (if not the) first system to have a civil war started because of players, but we have been working at this since release now and pulled it off.

It's a great community effort and that makes it ten times as fun.

JINYX

Neo Member
So is the Federation at all rolling in their big ships to help keep the situation in check somewhat or to assist Jet Comms? You'd think they would want to either help Jet Comms take over the system for the Federation or they'd want the civil war to stop as it's bad for business.

Basically I just wanna see a huge Federation vessel crack some skulls lol.

Klyka

Banned
So is the Federation at all rolling in their big ships to help keep the situation in check somewhat or to assist Jet Comms? You'd think they would want to either help Jet Comms take over the system for the Federation or they'd want the civil war to stop as it's bad for business.

Basically I just wanna see a huge Federation vessel crack some skulls lol.

I don't think the Federation actually does that because it's just two corporations fighting with one of them being a Federation signed up corp.

The warships are REALLY expensive and only used for actual wars

Like, as an example, imagine if Apple and Microsoft had their headquarters next to each other and their security services were in a fight and the US decides to send in an aircraft carrier to deal with the situation.

naeS

The thing is, gameplay wise or so, it's not like crazy special, these conflict zones and such are in quite a few places in the galaxy right now.

What makes this so awesome is that not only are we one of (if not the) first system to have a civil war started because of players, but we have been working at this since release now and pulled it off.

Yeah I saw another post on Reddit about a civil war in Barnard.

Is most of GAF in Ho Hsi?

Sorry if this has already been said but we still doing jet comms missions? I remember last time I checked we couldn't seem to break that 48% barrier or whatever it was?

I've not been online the last few days due to Christmas distractions. Hoping to get in on the action tomorrow.

Another impact (from your reddit thread):

During the conflict, the system will buy medicine and weapons. Also, if successful, the system ownership will change, possibly changing what is legal, what authority, etc. (Haven't checked Ho Hsi if there's legality changes, but apparently, from independence to joining the Federation would be expected as once change - so bounties start being Federal.)

Sorry if this has already been said but we still doing jet comms missions? I remember last time I checked we couldn't seem to break that 48% barrier or whatever it was?

I've not been online the last few days due to Christmas distractions. Hoping to get in on the action tomorrow.

The civil war is official as of the past day. You can find conflict zones within Ho Hsi now and fight for the Federation.

JINYX

Neo Member
I don't think the Federation actually does that because it's just two corporations fighting with one of them being a Federation signed up corp.

The warships are REALLY expensive and only used for actual wars.

Dang, oh well. Hopefully in the future we get content like that.

I would love to see an event like if Jet Comms started winning the civil war that Ho Hsi Corp brought in some of the big guns as a last ditch effort to secure the system for themselves and players would have to work together (with AI) to take that fleet down to win control.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
If you choose a faction in the conflict zone in your functions tab, whenever you kill an enemy ship you get a combat voucher which you can redeem at a station of the faction you fought for.

Ah, very important info there.

Sarcasm

Kept trying..now I own it. lol @ card security.

The launcher is weird. The downspeed is really sporadic (if this was steam constant 10mb/s)..getting 0 to 7mb down.

Man, sucks I wasn't able to get to Ho Hsi area. When I plotted a route in my lowly Sidewinder it said none available. I'm in a Cobra now and soon upgrading the drive so I should be able to do some more exploring and hunting.

I've been strictly trading on a specific route and I think I will change it because the distance from the drop in to the terminals is just too far (9k and 12k) and it takes me too long to travel in those areas. Been good to me though, just a few hours and I was able to outfit an Adder, move over to a Cobra and have about 1m in the bank towards outfitting it some more.

owlbeak

Bought an Eagle and decked it out just for the fight in Ho Hsi. So much better than fighting in my Adder XD.

Took down 5 Ho Hsi ships in the time it took me to drop 2 in my Adder. Very nice to have a dedicated combat ship.

Nymerio

How is the 3k credit voucher awarded when in a conflict zone? Three times in a row I was fighting it out with a ship only for someone to come in at the last moment and take the credit with a rocket.

Klyka

Banned
How is the 3k credit voucher awarded when in a conflict zone? Three times in a row I was fighting it out with a ship only for someone to come in at the last moment and take the credit with a rocket.

Someone said if you do enough damage to a ship you get the credit but I think it's still a "last shot gets credit" thing.

Nymerio

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a last hit thing. That shit happened far too often. There's no chance it's a percentage thing, I brought a couple of ships from 100% to almost zero and everytime someone got the last hit with a missile or torpedo. Don't know if I'll go back to the conflict zones that way. I get far more money just collecting bounties in a resource collection zone.

JambiBum

Eh I've only had one ship stolen from me but that was because I didn't start hitting it until it was like 20%. Usually I don't have issues with AI stealing a kill.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a last hit thing. That shit happened far too often. There's no chance it's a percentage thing, I brought a couple of ships from 100% to almost zero and everytime someone got the last hit with a missile or torpedo. Don't know if I'll go back to the conflict zones that way. I get far more money just collecting bounties in a resource collection zone.

conflict zone helps us win the war though.

you can also fly there in solo mode if other Cmdrs steal your thunder.

also,always so money hungry, do it for fun and Jet Comms :p

Starviper

Eh I've only had one ship stolen from me but that was because I didn't start hitting it until it was like 20%. Usually I don't have issues with AI stealing a kill.

Yeah, it's only players that could steal. I was shooting at a few that had other players attacking, didn't do majority, didn't get a voucher. I've tagged ships AI's were firing at and got a decent amount of damage in and scored a voucher.

But this really does not pay well. Barely enough to cover ammo and all that with the vouchers. :/

Klyka

Banned
Yeah, it's only players that could steal. I was shooting at a few that had other players attacking, didn't do majority, didn't get a voucher. I've tagged ships AI's were firing at and got a decent amount of damage in and scored a voucher.

But this really does not pay well. Barely enough to cover ammo and all that with the vouchers. :/

People have been saying conflict zones need to pay better, Frontier actually buffed the rewards to the 3000credits.

They aren't really about paying well though (unless you also take missions) they are about fighting big fights and doing what is right.

What is right is to help Jet Comms win btw.

Money is so easy to come by in the game,just focus on fun and not "omg my bank account".

Atruvius

Damn it. Spent hours shooting ships there. :I

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I only got to play a little over the past two days, but the Lakon 6 sure is a trading beast. Even after upgrading it's FSD a bit and fitting it up to 108T of racks I'm sitting right now at around 1.5 million credits which is almost 3 million in total assets. So I'm about a third of the way to that Asp I so desperately want. I have had a few minor battles with station parts though, bumped into a tower and thrusted into a ring here and there for minor damage, it's not as little as the Cobra and Adder were. Tonight I plan on trading like a fiend to see how much progress I can make.

The back to back hauling can get repetitive though. Looking forward to that jack of all trades Asp which I'll be fitting to do a little of everything. Maybe if I get bored I'll buy an Eagle and hop over to Ho Hsi to help the civil war out some!

Money is so easy to come by in the game,just focus on fun and not "omg my bank account".

LOL, money can be gotten easily, but you need so MUCH of it to fly anything larger than a Cobra or a Type 6. There really is a huge jump from the smaller ships to the medium ones.

Is it worth getting picking up a trackir 5 sensor? Rift 2 is on the way but I doubt I'll want to wear it all the time given the first model. Is the pro clip worth the extra 30?

Klyka

Banned
I only got to play a little over the past two days, but the Lakon 6 sure is a trading beast. Even after upgrading it's FSD a bit and fitting it up to 108T of racks I'm sitting right now at around 1.5 million credits which is almost 3 million in total assets. So I'm about a third of the way to that Asp I so desperately want. I have had a few minor battles with station parts though, bumped into a tower and thrusted into a ring here and there for minor damage, it's not as little as the Cobra and Adder were. Tonight I plan on trading like a fiend to see how much progress I can make.

The back to back hauling can get repetitive though. Looking forward to that jack of all trades Asp which I'll be fitting to do a little of everything. Maybe if I get bored I'll buy an Eagle and hop over to Ho Hsi to help the civil war out some!

LOL, money can be gotten easily, but you need so MUCH of it to fly anything larger than a Cobra or a Type 6. There really is a huge jump from the smaller ships to the medium ones.

But those ships are worthless for anything but "haul more cargo make more money".
I'll never need anything bigger than my viper for fighting until they add the rest of the 30 ships and maybe give some more medium price range combat vessels.

Basically all ships above the Cobra are "prestige" ships at this point and only really get flown by the grinders/traders

I just really really REALLY don't care about money in this game. I rather try and change/do things like what is happening with Ho Hsi right now.

Lime

Thanks for all that help chrominance. Ill definitely use the tool. Right now missions are the most profitable and after getting my eagle I've been earning a lot more and being able to jump much farther.

I love picking up cargo in space. reminds me of alien

Skyzard

Banned
Nice! Will head there when I get back!

I was worried it was all a lie, lol.

Maybe I can finally get rid of this 200K bounty - without paying it?

Klyka

Banned
Nice! Will head there when I get back!

I was worried it was all a lie, lol.

Maybe I can finally get rid of this 200K bounty - without paying it?

Well if Jet Comms takes over, your bounty won't be able to get cashed in anymore so it might become dormant?

Be aware though that the conflict zones are ripe with PvP, so go solo mode if you don't wish to engage with other players.

Sarcasm

Okay I need help just tried the tutorial missions and it felt sluggish (the controls).

I got to the one after you kill two..the one where its a supposedly same skilled player and I spent an hour both of us 100% still.

=/

Klyka

Banned
Okay I need help just tried the tutorial missions and it felt sluggish (the controls).

I got to the one after you kill two..the one where its a supposedly same skilled player and I spent an hour both of us 100% still.

=/

Gotta keep at it to get better at the game.

Sarcasm

Is there a better way to roll..instead of the mouse? I think its the mouse heh.

Than there is the issue that the other dude is either too close or tooooo close. Both have weapons that require manual aim too -.-

Klyka

Banned
Is there a better way to roll..instead of the mouse? I think its the mouse heh.

Than there is the issue that the other dude is either too close or tooooo close. Both have weapons that require manual aim too -.-

Put yaw left and right on your mouse X axis then switch roll left and roll right to Q and E.
Thrusters up/down/left/right on W/S/A/D
my friend does that and he turned from shit to decent pilot in an hour and after a few days flies with the best.

Sarcasm

Put yaw left and right on your mouse X axis then switch roll left and roll right to Q and E.
Thrusters up/down/left/right on W/S/A/D
my friend does that and he turned from shit to decent pilot in an hour and after a few days flies with the best.

Sweet! What other stuff did he move around? Obviously thrust.

Danj

"When is this releasing on Steam?"

Nobody knows. There are currently no announced plans that it will be coming to Steam.

Frontier are not friends with Steam due to an incident that happened the first time they considered releasing a game there. So yeah, not gonna happen any time soon. Besides, they probably reckon their own online store works well enough, and it lets them keep all of the money, and I doubt they feel they need a Steam release to drive sales or anything.

GeoGonzo

You don't use yaw to turn. You roll and pitch.
You also turn faster when your throttle is in the blue area and the marker turns blue.

Yup, that's how its done. Also you can use up/down thrust to make the turn shorter (if you are pitching up, move up at the same time). Other options are flight assist off, a quick reverse throttle and of course, boosting. Combat in this game is honestly super solid and amazing.

Klyka

Banned
Sweet! What other stuff did he move around? Obviously thrust.

Well yeah, thrust goes on WASD.
Not sure about the other things but this is the main change that made it better

Also guys, Ho Hsi conflict is...pretty big
tMoDN7y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom