• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgun

MAN, what a view

dJjwIlb.png

what ship is that? A type 6? The 1m credit one? Think I might be going for that next!

And having "screenshot" as a command for VoiceAttack is great.

Nymerio

wtf, I'm killing ho hsin guys left and right, even handed in a combat contract and my rep for federation an jet comms is going down :(

Klyka

Banned
wtf, I'm killing ho hsin guys left and right, even handed in a combat contract and my rep for federation an jet comms is going down :(

It seems that combat zones are bugged and reduce reputation with the faction you are fighting for :(

I saw a few people mention this.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Aww yea my sister got me a Thrustmaster x Hotas, flight assist off seems insanely daunting although seeing the maneuvers you can do with it is pretty fucking rad.

Any good youtube videos or tips anyone wants to share?

funkypie

Banned
1) Plays nothing like Eve, the economy aspect is fundamentally similar however.
2) Game pad is a bare minimum in my opinion, but a hotas joystick is far superior.
3) Galaxy size is fantastic
4) You can freely jump between Solo, Group or Open Play any time you want.

Could you elaborate on points one and two please. I'm curious to know how it plays gameplay wise.

So it is unplayable with keyboard and mouse? The game sounds amazing but definitely something that needs time invested in it, especially if I need to buy a joystick. I'd be happy using gamepad.

Nymerio

Hoping someone can assist? I've got FacetrackNOIR working with a Logitech C160. But I don't really get the whole curves side of the setup, and currently it's super sensitive.

Anyone using it and have any settings suggestions?

Thanks!

Here's what I'm using. The bottom axis is how far you turn your head, the y axis defines how much that translates to. You can test your settings if you press the start button and watch the face diagram in the top left corner. I'd suggest setting a button to re-center though, it sometimes acts up and it's nice to be able to reset the view. There's also this little video that may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6neB7_Ns6A

In suggest you stop using it, its awful software. Great idea, but no matter how well you set it the accuracy will fade, I wasted days on the friggin thing.

Eh, it's better than nothing. If he can get it to work why not use it? Since my trackir reflector thing doesn't work properly anymore I have to use it and I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well it works. I ordered myself an edtracker though, looking forward to see how that works.

It seems that combat zones are bugged and reduce reputation with the faction you are fighting for :(

rofl, ggwp frontier. I'm off to bed now anyway, hope this gets fixed soon.

"Sir, it appears we're in the black!"
"Turn the graph right side up"

Yup, a very heavily upgraded Type 6 :)

Cool, this is my next ship. Then once I have enough buy a Viper and upgrade and have a "money ship" and a "hunting ship".

HowZatOZ

Banned
Docking seems super buggy right now, getting constant denies but I've found if I just come in and request as soon as I hit 7.5km it works. Very annoying when I need to dock and unload gear.

Jedi2016

I'll be on my way to Ho Hsi soon once I get a new FSD and maybe a shield bank (since I'm expecting combat, although I'm rubbish at it).

Remind me again who we trade to/from? Is it export from Jet Comms and import to Ho Hsi or the other way 'round?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'll be on my way to Ho Hsi soon once I get a new FSD and maybe a shield bank (since I'm expecting combat, although I'm rubbish at it).

Remind me again who we trade to/from? Is it export from Jet Comms and import to Ho Hsi or the other way 'round?

Ignore Ho Hsi's station and only trade with the Jet Comms ones (mainly Steiner Hub) and external systems. Balatu has a nice source for importing metals.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
One recommendation when and if you get a rift. Don't (I stress this) look around the cabin when flying out of a station.
I got so freakin giddy looking at the floor an other stuff that I wasn't paying attention and crashed. 2k for the insurance, about 90k for cargo and I'm almost broke again.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Fighting for Jet Comms reduces rep for Jet Comms. Someone flipped the wrong switch somewhere. I don't recommend you fight..... :(

Could you elaborate on points one and two please. I'm curious to know how it plays gameplay wise.

So it is unplayable with keyboard and mouse? The game sounds amazing but definitely something that needs time invested in it, especially if I need to buy a joystick. I'd be happy using gamepad.
Elite is a direct control space sim, in Eve you issue commands and watch them play out.

It's not unplayable with KB+M but it's an inferior experience. HOTAS >>>>>> Controller >>>> KB+M. Same reason you may not want to play a racing sim with KB+M over a controller or racing wheel.

RealMeat

Banned
Are there players opposing the war? I flew to one of the high combat zones in Ho Hsi and got attacked by another player for the first time since I've started. I ended up running, and he followed and interdicted me twice before I jumped away.

Klyka

Banned
Just did over an hour of Warzone fighting and missions with Lunatitch and we both GAINED Reputation with Jet Comms. Like, I actually had been down to Friendly with them cause I took 3 Assassination missions and forgot about them and they ran out and now I am back up to Allied from doing two Warzone missions.

So Warzones are definitely NOT BUGGED IN GENERAL, but some people seem to have some problems with them.

Are there players opposing the war? I flew to one of the high combat zones in Ho Hsi and got attacked by another player for the first time since I've started. I ended up running, and he followed and interdicted me twice before I jumped away.

Yes, there are quite a few players trying to keep Ho Hsi independent which is GREAT. PvP for everyone! XD

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Thinking about making the trek to Ho Hsi (56ls from me currently), just need to try and do some trades along the way.

Is it easy to choose factions there?

Raticus79

Some people just want to PVP, so news of people working together means an opportunity to get in the way and fight people by supporting the opposite - whatever that happens to be.

My faction rating just dropped down to neutral too after conflict zones and vouchers. I submitted a ticket for the bug.

Just did over an hour of Warzone fighting and missions with Lunatitch and we both GAINED Reputation with Jet Comms. Like, I actually had been down to Friendly with them cause I took 3 Assassination missions and forgot about them and they ran out and now I am back up to Allied from doing two Warzone missions.

So Warzones are definitely NOT BUGGED IN GENERAL, but some people seem to have some problems with them.

Yes, there are quite a few players trying to keep Ho Hsi independent which is GREAT. PvP for everyone! XD

Hmm, maybe there's something about the vouchers specifically? I haven't done many missions, but lots of vouchers, turning them in at Steiner Hub.

I've submitted a ticket for it anyway - something's not right here.

Klyka

Banned
Thinking about making the trek to Ho Hsi (56ls from me currently), just need to try and do some trades along the way.

Choosing a faction is quite easy, yes. You either just don't do missions for the other faction and don't trade with them or you enter conflict zones and literally choose a faction IFF in the functions menu. You can/have to re-choose this every time you enter a conflict zone.

My faction rating just dropped down to neutral too after combat zones. I submitted a support ticket for the bug.

I hope this gets sorted out for people quickly :(

RealMeat

Banned

Yep, once you fly into a combat zone you select the faction you want to fight for from the functions menu on the left display.

Klyka

Banned
Some people just want to PVP, so news of people working together means an opportunity to get in the way and fight people by supporting the opposite - whatever that happens to be.

My faction rating just dropped down to neutral too after conflict zones and vouchers.

Hmm, maybe there's something about the vouchers specifically? I haven't done many missions, but lots of vouchers, turning them in at Steiner Hub.

Well I turned in 27k in vouchers without a mission, then did 1 mission with 30k vouchers.
Went from Friendly to Allied and before I turned the mission in it never showed any arrows up or down on my reputation.

Raticus79

Well I turned in 27k in vouchers without a mission, then did 1 mission with 30k vouchers.
Went from Friendly to Allied and before I turned the mission in it never showed any arrows up or down on my reputation.

Hmm, one thing to watch out for is the requesting faction of Warzone missions. The last one I did was from the Empire faction. I sided with Jet Comms at the site, but when I turned it in it still hurt Jet Comms. Maybe the impact of that is unexpectedly large. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Klyka

Banned
Hmm, one thing to watch out for is the requesting faction of Warzone missions. The last one I did was from the Empire faction. I sided with Jet Comms at the site, but when I turned it in it still hurt Jet Comms. Maybe the impact of that is unexpectedly large. I'll keep an eye out for that.

You can also take missions from factions in neighboring systems for War Zones in Ho Hsi. Not sure how they influence things though!

Skyzard

Banned
I also turned in 27K without a mission, no drop in reputation.

It's fun to fight in, I only tried the low conflict zone, now that I have enough to rebuy I'm going to try the high zone.

Whenever I make money I put it into upgrades, can't help it.

BTW - I reckon if you're going to go fighting you should bind flight assist off to a really easy button you can set to hold. And disable the voice notification for it - it sort of encourages you not to do it very often when it's on. The hud notification and sound is enough and is less annoying so you can do it freely instead of only when you need to. Helps to have a convenient way to turn faster regularly.

Yes, CMDR ZAE.

Was hunting me for my bounty. Quite persistent and patient :p

Couldn't land my shots, have to swap out my scanner for some chaff I think. Both of us in Vipers.

bigjig

Just bought myself a viper to try my hand at bounty hunting. Anyone have any recommendations about what initial upgrades I should get? I have about 100K to play with.

Just bought myself a viper to try my hand at bounty hunting. Anyone have any recommendations about what initial upgrades I should get? I have about 100K to play with.

Power Distributor is cheap to upgrade and is really important as it can allow you to fire your weapons faster and shields to generate quicker.

HelloMeow

Power distributor is the first thing I upgrade. It makes a huge difference with boosting.

For those who have gone deep into the bounty hunting which ship would you recommend I take a look at next after I decide to retire my Eagle?

Smash88

Banned
I literally flew around for an hour between various stations across two systems and all the missions either had me killing traders, which made me wanted, or were less than 1000 credits for a go from point a to point b, or find arbitrary quest item at point a and take it back to point b for a measly 1000 credits.

This is so frustrating. I literally have nothing to do, I'm twiddling my thumbs, I can't even find an engagement to get into. I am bored out of my mind currently.

Klyka

Banned
I literally flew around for an hour between various stations across two systems and all the missions either had me killing traders, which made me wanted, or were less than 1000 credits for a go from point a to point b, or find arbitrary quest item at point a and take it back to point b for a measly 1000 credits.

This is so frustrating. I literally have nothing to do, I'm twiddling my thumbs, I can't even find an engagement to get into. I am bored out of my mind currently.

Come to Ho Hsi and fight in the conflict zones.
High intensity ones have 20+ ships fighting, players fighting + 3000 credits per kill if you choose a faction beforehand. Also conflict zone relevant missions.

Raticus79

Haise Dock (Balatu) has size 2 gimballed multi-cannons which are pretty nice for a viper. Not sure if it's the best option but it's doing well for me so far.

bigjig

Haise Dock (Balatu) has size 2 gimballed multi-cannons which are pretty nice for a viper. Not sure if it's the best option but it's doing well for me so far.

I'll make that my next port of call. I need something gimballed because I can't seem to aim for shit with my X360 controller lol

Raticus79

I also turned in 27K without a mission, no drop in reputation.

It's fun to fight in, I only tried the low conflict zone, now that I have enough to rebuy I'm going to try the high zone.

Ok, I'm back up to Friendly now after making sure all the warzone missions I was taking were issued by Jet Comms. I think that was probably the problem.

When turning in one at Steiner, I gained rep with Jet Comms and it reduced the influence of Ho Hsi Corp by 1%. Looks good.

Klyka

Banned
Ok, I'm back up to Friendly now after making sure all the warzone missions I was taking were issued by Jet Comms. I think that was probably the problem.

When turning in one at Steiner, I gained rep with Jet Comms and it reduced the influence of Ho Hsi Corp by 1%. Looks good.

Good to hear mate

vehn

20 if you replace the shields with another cargo rack. (edit: and 22 if you take out the scanner for another rack of 2 as mentioned below)
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

No. You can get rid for example scanner and put in that place cargo rack (2T). You can go further and throw away shields and get another few tons of cargo space :)

So what am I doing wrong here, only having 12 slots? Every place I go, they only sold the 2 capacity cargo racks, and even if I were to replace the 2 capacity ones with 4, that would still be 16, not 22.

Klyka

Banned
So what am I doing wrong here, only having 12 slots? Every place I go, they only sold the 2 capacity cargo racks, and even if I were to replace the 2 capacity ones with 4, that would still be 16, not 22.

You can fit size 8 cargo racks into those class 3 slots.
and a size 4 into that class 2 slot.
Go to high tech systems/stations.
(like Ho Hsi, hint hint)

Damn losing half a mil in cargo trying to "drift" and engage off a platform with FA off and barely hitting one of the floating turrets in my shieldless paper mache Cobra really takes the steam out of you.

owlbeak

If anyone sees a CMDR Starry in the Ho Hsi conflict zone, kill his ass. He just wiped me out and was friendly to Jet Comm unless he switched sides. >:[ I lost upwards of 25k in vouchers.

Raticus79

I'll make that my next port of call. I need something gimballed because I can't seem to aim for shit with my X360 controller lol

Oh, oops, they're actually sold at Steiner Hub in Ho Hsi too - they were just out of my price range before.

Yeah, I'm using them for that reason too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom