• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Is TSSF the band with the super young vocalist or when they started he was like 14? I can't remember. BUt I know some pop-punk band started touring when their vocalist was 14 and I thought it was them but I could be wrong

Also I think when Goodness arrives I am gonna frame the album lol

I would be more excited if it was a tour or shows I could actually go to or new tunes but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Cool that it is happening though

Speaking of new stuff

Moose Blood just signed to Hopeless Records. They are getting pretty big but their emo influence is a lot less than it used to be. Still some damn good music

https://www.facebook.com/MooseBlood/videos/vb.511011122245858/1278117028868593/?type=2&theater

kris.

Banned
I would be more excited if it was a tour or shows I could actually go to or new tunes but that doesn't seem to be the case.

it'll lead to those things, pls believe. god i want some new latterman.

that tender defender ep was great btw

kiguel182

Speaking of new stuff

Moose Blood just signed to Hopeless Records. They are getting pretty big but their emo influence is a lot less than it used to be. Still some damn good music

https://www.facebook.com/MooseBlood/videos/vb.511011122245858/1278117028868593/?type=2&theater

I'm happy for Moose Blood. I love pretty much every release they have. Hopefully they will evolve their sound without losing what makes it special.

So...

I can see Modern Baseball w/ Joyce Manor in Cincinnati.

Or The Hotelier in Bloomington, IN.

Bloomington is closer. But the combo of MB/JM is really tempting. My schedule really only allows me to go to once of those shows as they're in the same week.

What do I dooooo?

So...

Bloomington is closer. But the combo of MB/JM is really tempting. My schedule really only allows me to go to once of those shows as they're in the same week.

What do I dooooo?

Who else is playing at each?

Kawl_USC

So...

What do I dooooo?

Oh damn. Sophie's choice up in here. Have you seen any of the bands before? If so I'd probably go for the one I hadn't seen or hadn't seen as often. I've loved the hotelier show and the 4 modern baseball shows I've gone to. Hotelier have any openers?

Oh damn. Sophie's choice up in here. Have you seen any of the bands before? If so I'd probably go for the one I hadn't seen or hadn't seen as often. I've loved the hotelier show and the 4 modern baseball shows I've gone to. Hotelier have any openers?

Haven't seen any of the bands. Going to try and swing going to both. Hotelier is on a weekend and only a 40 minute drive, but I'm leaning towards MB.

Might just wait and see how their new albums turn out and decide from there?

Last show I went to was Dr. Dog a month or so ago. Was pretty mad when I found out the first stretch of the tour they were doing that they had Hop Along opening for them. Would have been amazing.

Kawl_USC

Haven't seen any of the bands. Going to try and swing going to both. Hotelier is on a weekend and only a 40 minute drive, but I'm leaning towards MB.

Might just wait and see how their new albums turn out and decide from there?

Last show I went to was Dr. Dog a month or so ago. Was pretty mad when I found out the first stretch of the tour they were doing that they had Hop Along opening for them. Would have been amazing.

Yea check out their new albums and look at a set list tracking website to see what they are playing on the current tours to see if your favorite are on there. Either way I think you'll see a great show.

So since you guys seemed to really dig A Will Away, I pulled out the record I have, Bliss, and grabbed the soundcard so if any of you guys want it just PM me!

While The Hotelier is amazing, Joyce Manor/MoBa is a killer combo. He can always catch The Hotelier alone some next time.

Also, I've been listening to a ton of Jank. So good.

The Hotelier though is one of those emo bands that I feel like could break up at any time though. MoBo and Joyce Manor are here to stay.

I am also not a huge fan of either but a massive Hotelier fan. So I am biased lol

Holy shit I just realised MoBo/Pup is on Friday

Fuuuck

This month is stupid. Rosenstock twice, Tender Defender, Pup, Modern Baseball and Groezrock

I'm so jealous of you! I get to see PUP all the time due to being right near where they're from, but I haven't seen Rosenstock since the BTMI days and have been really wanting to catch him solo.

Modern Baseball's Holy Ghost release show has a sick lineup. MoBo, Sorority Noise, Pinegrove, the Superweaks et al.

Probably the only time in my life I wish I lived in New Jersey.

Bands announced for Fest so far:

12993375_998230500212684_5677757301254267725_n.png

12994489_998230496879351_586390864907239357_n.png

I'm wondering why Amazon.com hasn't put up for pre-order the new The Hotelier album, iirc it's should come out next month, isn't it? in the meantime I can't wait for Amazon to dispatch my preorder for the new letlive. and thrice albums :)

and well, my concert-fest season is about to start:

next saturday: Explosions in the Sky
next week: Nada Surf
mid may: Mark Lanegan
first of June: Primavera Sound Festival:
LineUp-PrimaveraSound2016-1.jpg

mid august: ArcTangent Festival:
lineupbanner_march.jpg

sooo pumped :D

blackjaw

Man I love Would love to get to get to Fest to see Small Brown Bike and Planes Mistaken for Dtars again. A bunch of great bands but those two I would love to see

I'm wondering why Amazon.com hasn't put up for pre-order the new The Hotelier album, iirc it's should come out next month, isn't it? in the meantime I can't wait for Amazon to dispatch my preorder for the new letlive. and thrice albums :)

and well, my concert-fest season is about to start:

next saturday: Explosions in the Sky
next week: Nada Surf
mid may: Mark Lanegan
first of June: Primavera Sound Festival:
LineUp-PrimaveraSound2016-1.jpg

mid august: ArcTangent Festival:
lineupbanner_march.jpg

sooo pumped :D
That Primavera poster makes me sad I'm only going to the Portuguese version.

Bands announced for Fest so far:

12993375_998230500212684_5677757301254267725_n.png

12994489_998230496879351_586390864907239357_n.png

Holy shit I wish I could go to this. Propagandhi, Wilhelm Scream, Off With Their Heads, Jeff Rosenstock, Strike Anywhere and PEARS!!!
Also, PEARS is the greatest live experience that anyone will ever have. Saw them for the third time on Monday touring for their new album and it is just unreal. No other band comes close.

Lender

Holy shit I just realised MoBo/Pup is on Friday

Fuuuck

This month is stupid. Rosenstock twice, Tender Defender, Pup, Modern Baseball and Groezrock
Meh, for myself groezrock is quite disappointing this year. Not that many bands I'm stoked about. Probably only going on Friday. Mainly for Rancid and their Performance of '.. And out come the wolves.

The tribute to Tony sly and NUFAN sounds cool, but its still not the real thing. And to spend that extra money just for that? Meh.

Meh, for myself groezrock is quite disappointing this year. Not that many bands I'm stoked about. Probably only going on Friday. Mainly for Rancid and their Performance of '.. And out come the wolves.

The tribute to Tony sly and NUFAN sounds cool, but its still not the real thing. And to spend that extra money just for that? Meh.

Yeah, the last 2 years were better and there are some stupid clashes (Iron Chic and Pup is just...what the fuck)

But Dillinger Four and The Falcon! And there are enough other bands I want to see that it's fine that there's nothing like the ridiculous Mineral/Knapsack double up from last year.

yep, very disappointing, I went there the last two years and I find this year pretty underwhelming, I was only interested in TDEP, Youth of Today and letlive., the rest is pretty meh for me.

I still don't understand how this year's line up is so weak :\

kiguel182

PUP have released a new track and it's awesome. This record is shaping up to be a big step for the band and one of the best releases of the year.

You can listen to it here.

Also, Sorority Noise released their EP today so everyone check that!

PUP have released a new track and it's awesome. This record is shaping up to be a big step for the band and one of the best releases of the year.

You can listen to it here.

Also, Sorority Noise released their EP today so everyone check that!

Can't remember a better month for music in a long time than this May.

PS good on Eurogamer for debuting a new Hotelier song ;)

Top Bottom