• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

He never claimed the URL and the song were related.

Maybe he really wanted to share some Witcher 3 info AND let us know there was a new Hotelier song?

*edit* also I've gotta stop clicking on Hotelier links at work.. always a bunch of naked old people.

:lol

that's why I posted the right one.

I am framing this album cover haha

So apparently with that Say Anything/mewithoutyou tour, the stops in Houston are gonna also have Joyce Manor and Modern Baseball.

Damn.... mewithoutyou is by far my favorite out of any of those but them with Teen Suicide and then JM and MoBo? I'm in.

I'll leave for Say Anything though

kiguel182

Yup, new Hotelier song is great. The more I listen to it the more I like it.

EDIT: Is A Real Boy is, and will always be, an amazing record.

Pup and Modern Baseball were rad

Also it was a stupid small venue to watch them in (I didn't manage to get a photo so have this one I found on Google of a different band):

P7aNRT4.png

Hopefully the UK store I'll buy it on will have it as soon as that.

My list of records I want to own in vinyl grows faster than I make money for them. Big issue.

Same here lol

I have 5 pre-orders right now plus a few outstanding from discogs :(

I have a problem lol

Yeah I got Pity Sex, The Hotelier, TMP, Look Mexico, and If These Trees Could Talk

not all emo obviously

I have PUP, Modern Baseball, Clique and The Hotelier.

Discovering that Amazon Canada does pre-orders for some albums in Canadian dollars and with Prime shipping was a godsend.

I have PUP, Modern Baseball, Clique and The Hotelier.

Discovering that Amazon Canada does pre-orders for some albums in Canadian dollars and with Prime shipping was a godsend.

Which variant for Goodness did you get? I wanted the white and green one but waited too long and I got the blue and orange one.

Amazon doesn't let you pick, from my experience it's just whichever is most available.

I see that Tiny Moving Parts has a vinyl up for pre-order on amazon for both $21.16 and $47.86. The first seems like what one would ideally pay whereas the second is what we would usually pay including the exchange rate and shipping from the U.S. Is it safe to order the first one? I don't want to get a CD instead or have it never ship. I am also waiting on an amazon.ca Hotelier vinyl pre-order to show up so I can combine the orders.

I am seeing The Hotelier on Saturday in Stockholm with I Love Your Lifestyle. I can't believe the show is only around $8, but they aren't very big here and the venue is kind of small. It should be a good time. I saw them back in August in Vancouver with The Get Up Kids and that was a fun show too.

I see that Tiny Moving Parts has a vinyl up for pre-order on amazon for both $21.16 and $47.86. The first seems like what one would ideally pay whereas the second is what we would usually pay including the exchange rate and shipping from the U.S. Is it safe to order the first one? I don't want to get a CD instead or have it never ship. I am also waiting on an amazon.ca Hotelier vinyl pre-order to show up so I can combine the orders.

I am seeing The Hotelier on Saturday in Stockholm with I Love Your Lifestyle. I can't believe the show is only around $8, but they aren't very big here and the venue is kind of small. It should be a good time. I saw them back in August in Vancouver with The Get Up Kids and that was a fun show too.

Yeah order the $21.16 one. I have no idea why sometimes there's another one up that is way more expensive but I've never had any problems with getting the cheaper one.

Yeah order the $21.16 one. I have no idea why sometimes there's another one up that is way more expensive but I've never had any problems with getting the cheaper one.

Great, I ordered Brian Fallon - Painkillers and Turnover - Peripheral Vision earlier this year and they arrived okay, so amazon has been a nice find to make things affordable. I am still waiting on a few pre-orders though:
Tender Defender and Get Bent Discography from Dead Broke Rekerds. Less Than Jake's Losing Streak and Hello Rockview (two of my favorite albums of all time) and Dowsing - Okay and Spraynard - Funtitled from Asian Man Records. So far this year has been pretty good.

Like I said. Fest is all the best bands

Got you covered

Yup this is preeeetty great

Yeah normally I hate features in any genre but this is done so well and even without Conor it is an awesome song

Also if this could hint a TMP and Foxing tour coming later this year then holy fuck!

Another thing is that Pity Sex is streaming their whole new album on bandcamp. https://blog.bandcamp.com/2016/04/25/pity-sex-premiere-white-hot-moon-in-full-offer-discount-pre-order/

Really looking forward to the release. Should get my LP in tomorrow. Really looking forward to spinning it.

Hey so last year we kinda did unofficial album of the year type thing. I think this year we should actually do a voting thing for AOTY or something. I think it could be cool and we could draw up some guidelines. Obviously this is a ways away but after hearing what is coming out soon it already has me thinking of my AOTY lol

kiguel182

Hey so last year we kinda did unofficial album of the year type thing. I think this year we should actually do a voting thing for AOTY or something. I think it could be cool and we could draw up some guidelines. Obviously this is a ways away but after hearing what is coming out soon it already has me thinking of my AOTY lol

I think we should do it. I usually do a top 10 every year so I'm down for that.

It's going to be hard to choose one record this year but I'm curious what EmoGaf will think of 2016.

I'm still waiting on that Brand New record.

I think we should do it. I usually do a top 10 every year so I'm down for that.

It's going to be hard to choose one record this year but I'm curious what EmoGaf will think of 2016.

I'm still waiting on that Brand New record.

Okay sweet! Yeah I mean Brand New's record will be super late I am feeling lol

But glad to see some interest. I think it will come down to The Hotelier and TMP for me this year. We could also do best 7", split or EP too

Also Sorority Noise is touring with Bayside and the Menzingers.

Wow the new Blink 182 track is baaaaaaad.

In my opinion at least.

I thought so too. As much as people like to rag on Tom for leaving Blink, Mark and Travis needs him since he is by far the best songwriter of the three. Performer? Not so much lol

Also I prefer Tom to them anyway so I may be a bit biased.

I thought so too. As much as people like to rag on Tom for leaving Blink, Mark and Travis needs him since he is by far the best songwriter of the three. Performer? Not so much lol

Also I prefer Tom to them anyway so I may be a bit biased.

Ya I know Tom is supposedly a dick but he's always been what Blink 182 is to me. Even with him though their previous album and EP I thought were pretty bad. They just seem super sterile now.

Enema --> Take Off Your Pants and Jacket --> Self Titled is still a great run of albums to me.

Ya I know Tom is supposedly a dick but he's always been what Blink 182 is to me. Even with him though their previous album and EP I thought were pretty bad. They just seem super sterile now.

Enema --> Take Off Your Pants and Jacket --> Self Titled is still a great run of albums to me.

Self titled is by far their best work and the only Blink album I still listen to. I am pretty over pop-punk, one reason why I am not a fan really of MoBo or emo bands like them as much, with Basement being the exception.

I also find it weird that a lot of people seem to hate AVA just because it isn't Blink when AVA is much more interesting than Blink now. I know it is kinda cool to rag on Tom but he is doing a bunch of different shit and some passion projects like the UFO book which is actually pretty good.

probably LTTP bur how do you guys feel about Can't Swim? Another band I follow posted about it, I liked the track and got the rest of the album. A bit more on the pop-punk side at times, but I still like it.

I pay 7 euros a month for Apple Music, can't beat that.

Also, waiting for Home to be back on stock to but the vinyl!

wait, how do you get to pay 7 euros a month for Apple Music?

probably LTTP bur how do you guys feel about Can't Swim? Another band I follow posted about it, I liked the track and got the rest of the album. A bit more on the pop-punk side at times, but I still like it.

I love their EP, I really dig it, I've been listening to it weekly since it got released and I really love all the tracks, so I can't wait for them to announce their LP. Now that you mention I've been trying to find footage from their latest concerts in Youtube but I couldn't find anything :\

on the other hand I just listened to the new Thrice song "Black Honey" and welp, seems weak to me: http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/04/27/475764110/vikings-choice-thrice-black-honey

kiguel182

Self titled is by far their best work and the only Blink album I still listen to. I am pretty over pop-punk, one reason why I am not a fan really of MoBo or emo bands like them as much, with Basement being the exception.

I also find it weird that a lot of people seem to hate AVA just because it isn't Blink when AVA is much more interesting than Blink now. I know it is kinda cool to rag on Tom but he is doing a bunch of different shit and some passion projects like the UFO book which is actually pretty good.

The untitled is a legitimate good rock record. I'll defend that record whenever.

AVA's first couple of releases are good but then they became just too samey. Another problem I have with it it's the lyrics. Tom's writing is so bad.

EDIT: And I loved the new Blink song. Better than 90 per cent of their previous record.

If any of you missed the livestream last night you missed out.

They both fucking killed it. Seriously was awesome shit.

Crowd sucked but whatever, they both put on a killer show

Saw The Sidekicks/Pinegrove tour three times lol. Evan's such a cool dude -- I used Cardinal in class this semester and he told he'd come in and talk to my classes when they're touring near me. Sidekicks got us into the Columbus show after it sold out and Steve was telling us about this Lemonheads show he went to in Chicago lol. Favorite band on Earth.

My girlfriend and I are hosting an emo radio show tonight on our college radio station (WRFL at Kentucky) at midnight Eastern. We stream online so I'd love to take some sweet requests from anyone if you're listening :D t

Saw The Sidekicks/Pinegrove tour three times lol. Evan's such a cool dude -- I used Cardinal in class this semester and he told he'd come in and talk to my classes when they're touring near me. Sidekicks got us into the Columbus show after it sold out and Steve was telling us about this Lemonheads show he went to in Chicago lol. Favorite band on Earth.

My girlfriend and I are hosting an emo radio show tonight on our college radio station (WRFL at Kentucky) at midnight Eastern. We stream online so I'd love to take some sweet requests from anyone if you're listening :D t

That's cool!

Just play a bunch of T-Swift with a few noise records thrown in tonight.
lol

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, I hope it's just the way it was mixed for the video, because the acoustic version sounds fucking fantastic:

Also, I really like the video.

Top Bottom