• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Man, Just Another Face is some good stuff. The build up to the chorus is gonna be stuck in my head forever.

Think that's my one listen until the album officially drops. We'll see if I can hold out.

Anyone like METZ? Emo section at my local record store was looking real thin today so I picked up their debut self-titled on a whim from the "hardcore" section because I had heard good things. Turns out it's a great record. Though I wouldn't refer to it as "hardcore" personally.

remz

Anyone like METZ? Emo section at my local record store was looking real thin today so I picked up their debut self-titled on a whim from the "hardcore" section because I had heard good things. Turns out it's a great record. Though I wouldn't refer to it as "hardcore" personally.
Yeah METZ are pretty sick. My feelings are basically the same as yours- great record that I wouldn't really call hardcore but still really good. Would like to see them live at some point

i guess they're playing chris gethard's show tonight, too

everything is great and one day i'll finally be able to make it to FEST with all my friends

Oh sick TCGS is tonight, I can never remember what day it is

And come to Fest, fuck your friends, make new Fest friends. The Ergs and Latterman are both playing. THE ERGS AND LATTERMAN ARE BOTH PLAYING

kiguel182

This new Modern baseball record is so good. Ordered the vinyl (MJ BE PROUD) and I have listening to it a bunch.

It's easily their best work to date. I hope they blow up because they deserve it.

Also, I need to find some good new punk/emo summer music. Is this transition period that I have nothing that I feel like listening to and it sucks.

kris.

Banned

And come to Fest, fuck your friends, make new Fest friends. The Ergs and Latterman are both playing. THE ERGS AND LATTERMAN ARE BOTH PLAYING

nah all my friends go to Fest and i'm stuck in KC with no money and no way to get there :(

This new Modern baseball record is so good. Ordered the vinyl (MJ BE PROUD) and I have listening to it a bunch.

It's easily their best work to date. I hope they blow up because they deserve it.

Also, I need to find some good new punk/emo summer music. Is this transition period that I have nothing that I feel like listening to and it sucks.

I am quite proud!

All of you Jabronis need to listen to the new Posture & The Grizzly record, I Am Satan

if you don't know they are one of Derrick from TWIABP side projects that he does with some members from other bands like For Everest and Makeshift Shelters.

This may be a surprise AOTY candidate for me. SO freaking good

https://brokenworldmedia.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-satan

I got a Posture & The Grizzly record in a 3 random LPs deal from Broken World once and the vocals were reeeealllyy bizarre to me and turned me off of it a little bit, I'll try this one out though.

Crayons

Banned
All of you Jabronis need to listen to the new Posture & The Grizzly record, I Am Satan

if you don't know they are one of Derrick from TWIABP side projects that he does with some members from other bands like For Everest and Makeshift Shelters.

I heard about this from the TWIABP FB page and it's fucking great I love it. Listening to the whole album over and over

elguero

Never thought I'd see Modern Baseball in the Times. Pretty awesome for a very deserving band although the condescending tone of the article was aggravating.

I got a Posture & The Grizzly record in a 3 random LPs deal from Broken World once and the vocals were reeeealllyy bizarre to me and turned me off of it a little bit, I'll try this one out though.

It's a different lineup and it is so much better than the first album. Try it dude

Holding out listening to Holy Ghost until my record gets here. I've only heard Everyday and Apple Cider, I Don't Mind off of it, I want my first spin to be as fresh as possible.

The wait is tough.

kiguel182

It's not on Apple Music yet :( I never heard them but being associated with TWIABP is always a good thing.

Auctopus

Thought I'd mention that I went to see The Hotelier at my local joint on their UK tour and they were phenomenal. They'd played the venue once before whilst touring "Home..." but I think they were even better!

Setlist

1. Goodness Pt. 2 (Electric version, was sort of weird if I'm honest)
2. Piano Player (New Song)
3. In Framing
4. Your Deep Rest
5. Among The Wildflowers
6. Life In Drag
7. Soft Animal (New Song)
8. Weathered
9. Sun (This was the only new song I hadn't heard yet and it was fantastic)
10. An Introduction to the Album
11. The Scope of All This Rebuilding (Rare afaik)
12. Dendron

Thought I'd mention that I went to see The Hotelier at my local joint on their UK tour and they were phenomenal. They'd played the venue once before whilst touring "Home..." but I think they were even better!

Setlist

1. Goodness Pt. 2 (Electric version, was sort of weird if I'm honest)
2. Piano Player (New Song)
3. In Framing
4. Your Deep Rest
5. Among The Wildflowers
6. Life In Drag
7. Soft Animal (New Song)
8. Weathered
9. Sun (This was the only new song I hadn't heard yet and it was fantastic)
10. An Introduction to the Album
11. The Scope of All This Rebuilding (Rare afaik)
12. Dendron

Yeah, Goodness was weird. Might sound less weird on record though

And I think they've started playing Scope recently, when I saw them a year ago someone shouted it and Christian said they needed another guitar, so maybe they figured out how to play it with only 2 guitars? I dunno

Where abouts did you see them?

kiguel182

Listened to I Am Satan and wow, what a record. I might have to spend the 5 bucks since this isn't on Apple Music and I want to listen to this a bunch. Great first impression.

Auctopus

Yeah, Goodness was weird. Might sound less weird on record though

And I think they've started playing Scope recently, when I saw them a year ago someone shouted it and Christian said they needed another guitar, so maybe they figured out how to play it with only 2 guitars? I dunno

Where abouts did you see them?

Did you see them at The Joiners in Southampton?

Because that is exactly what happened when I saw them there a year ago.

Kawl_USC

It's alright imbask we all have some opinions that are wrong.

But excited it's out on spotify had been jamming to the band camp link non stop this week.

Holy shit. How did I miss the Latterman reunion in the first wave lineup?

I really need to go this year. I'm embarrassed by the fact that I've always had reasons why I couldn't or (more recently) been too lazy. Especially considering how close it's been to me. Like, say, the fact that I lived in fucking Gainesville on two separate occasions over multiple years...

I'm going to give this new Modern Baseball a go. I've had a laundry list of things to listen to and this one somehow fell between the couch cushions on me.

kiguel182

Yeah it is so fucking good. I was blown away by how much I like it.

I was expecting a more experimental record but this has a ton of really good punish moments and amazing melodies. I might have to spend the 5 dollars.

Also, the vinyl is almost 40 euros with shipping to Europe. I live in the wrong continent.

I almost forgive you for not liking Everyday.

Such a great closer.

kris.

Banned
I like you and I love this freaking record.

giphy.gif

such a wonderfully depressing album

kiguel182

Brendan sounds different on that album, you can tell he wasn't in the best shape, but that song. It's on a whole other level

I wished we had gotten more (and longer) Brendan songs but given he had such came out of rehab when he wrote his part of the record it makes sense. But I love how fast and desperate his songs are.

TWIABP tweeted @ my bro

JoMbXHG.png

<3

You are now the king of EmoGaf.

TWIABP tweeted @ my bro

JoMbXHG.png

<3

I tweet at TWIABP a bunch lol just really stupid shit

But they like my tweets. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy lol

I was expecting a more experimental record but this has a ton of really good punish moments and amazing melodies. I might have to spend the 5 dollars.

Also, the vinyl is almost 40 euros with shipping to Europe. I live in the wrong continent.

I forgive you. I couldn't pull the trigger on the vinyl either yet since I am so fucking broke atm. I need the 15$ for other shit but I put $5 that way. I do want it on wax though so fucking badly. I may do it anyway lol

I can't stop listening to I Am Satan

For sure my AOTY thus far. We will see how the rest of the month shapes up but wow what a month

Oh wow, I must have had Posture & the Grizzy confused with another band. Just dug out the record that I have and it's actually great. It's possible I never listened to it when I got it.....

Their new record is great too.

Blatz

giphy.gif

such a wonderfully depressing album

No kidding...So I had to put my 16 year old dog to sleep last Oct. I get in my car and the song "I want to rip you apart, I wanna fix you again, I wanna bring you back , I wanna watch you die again" is playing. That kinda hit me like a freight train.

Metz are awesome but I'd say they are kind of a grunge revival band with a hc-punk sound to it. I love them.

Top Bottom