• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

The World is a Beautiful place's Harmlessness was one of my favorite records of last year. I think Readiohead is taking home the best "Emo" album of the year :). True Love Waits is painfully good.

kiguel182

I asked Broken World Media when "I Am Satan" would be on Apple Music and since they said June I went ahead and just bought it off band camp because I really want it on my phone.

I like the whole environment of Bandcamp but Apple Music is still what I'll use to sync it and stuff. I just wish that when albums are uploaded to the service they would replace my versions, I had to replace the JANK record manually. Not a big hassle but well, it would be better if if was automatic.

My older brother, who mostly only listens to rap and hip hop, was texting me last night about how American Football is a great album and was asking who that "something Baseball" band that I like was.

Feels good man.

Timing was perfect with Holy Ghost being released so recently.

kris.

Banned
Let's road trip. I love letterman

david-letterman__iphone_640.jpg

olympia

My older brother, who mostly only listens to rap and hip hop, was texting me last night about how American Football is a great album and was asking who that "something Baseball" band that I like was.

Feels good man.

Timing was perfect with Holy Ghost being released so recently.

Never Meant is one of the greatest song of all time

OF ALL TIME

Fuck yeah, perfect album opener. That whole album really is incredible, I need to listen to it front to back at least once every couple weeks.

I just introduced my friend to them last night

kiguel182

Ugh, I haven't had time to listen to the new Tiny Moving Parts but I need to get on to that. Glad it is awesome. Not that I expected anything less based on the band and the pre-release singles.

This May is something else for releases.

imBask

Banned
i'll wait till friday for Tiny Moving Parts... Holy Ghost isn't THAT great overall, it's still good, but it's the weakest one so far

i'll wait till friday for Tiny Moving Parts... Holy Ghost isn't THAT great overall, it's still good, but it's the weakest one so far

It would be really really hard for them to top You're Gonna Miss It All for me to be honest. That record is really special, every song kicks in my opinion.

olympia

I hated it....

Maybe it will grow on me and it is just 30 seconds. But it doesn't instill confidence.

Reminds me of Blink-182's new single with the horrid chorus.

i agree to an extent. i wasn't crazy about it either. i don't think it's bad though

but brand new is pretty notorious for the buildups into the intense choruses. listening to the song stripped of that kind of ramping up i think is what makes the sample sound neutered. i wonder if it was written by vince or jesse. i think jesse is the better songwriter personally although vin is an incredibly talented musician

pretty typical brand new lyrics tho

still very excited. i love mene and i really liked daisy. i've also been listening to the 06 demo tape a lot lately.

olympia

You can order the song and a record here. The record is 12" with an etched side

http://store.procrastinatemusictrai...95-i-am-a-nightmare-12-vinyl-digital-download

-The official release of Brand New’s “I Am A Nightmare” single
-12” vinyl single with b-side lyric etching
-Featuring artwork created by Morning Breath
-Black vinyl
-Indefinite pressing quantity
-Includes digital download
-No Returns are accepted on this product
-Limited one vinyl per customer

no colored record, no limited pressing. once again they sidestep the collector bullshit

in other news, it doesn't look like jawbreaker is reuniting soon, although i was surprised to find out that they've been offered seven(!) figures to play at coachella or riot fest

I spoke very frankly about the possibility of a reunion at the Giant Robot Dear You 20th anniversary instore last month. But I was not hinting that we had immediate plans to do so. Just said that we'd talked about it, played and actually got pretty close a few years back. But it was not to be. Trust me, I'd be the first to break that kind of news...

at least it's cool to know it's a possibility. a festival show is not preferable. i could only hope that they would have a reunion show in sf or oakland

kris.

Banned
new brand new song is rad but until i actually have a physical copy of the new album in my hand i refuse to believe it's real

Mush

I don't know how to feel about that Brand New song. But like kris. said, I'm not going to believe anything until I get the album in my hands.

So this isn't emo but there is probably some crossover interest here at least.. but any of you UK folks better go to Coheed's shows soon...

Fucking Coheed, La Dispute and Mewithoutyou all at the same gig? Holy fuck

olympia

someone made a joke about paying to see the same band twice, that especially rings true for la dispute and mewithoutyou lol

imBask

Banned
I really don't like the new Brand New song I don't get it... it's so far away from Deja Entendu, it's generic pop-punk...

Top Bottom