• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

haveheart

Banned
The new Modern Baseball record is great so listen to it all for sure. I mean, I'm a big fan so I would say check their other stuff too of course.

The Front Bottoms are cool but if you check their most popular songs on Apple Music or Spotify you will have an idea of what they are about. They are better at singles than albums in my opinion.

I envy you so much. We don't get these kinds of tours in the EU...

Twin Size Mattress by the Front Bottoms is probably one of the best songs ever written
imo

kiguel182

Twin Size Mattress by the Front Bottoms is probably one of the best songs ever written
imo

I'm from the EU! And not the part of EU that gets some tours. There's nothing to see (emo wise) where I live!

Kawl_USC

imo

That final verse is so good.

Throw that one and sync it up with a set of heavy squats and it always gets me amped.

I'll also say I think Back on Top is pretty bad and while I'm happy for Brian who seemed pretty stoked with it when I talked with him, I vastly prefer the rawness seen on their 3 eps over the direction they are going with fueled by Raman. Brothers can't be friends has some really love able songs on it.

In contrast I really like how Modern Baseball is growing and progressing. I was worried I would hate everything post you're gonna miss it, but I think I like the Perfect Cast EP and Holy Ghost even more than their first two albums.

I'm beyond stoked for this upcoming show.

kiguel182

Holy Ghosts is, no doubt, their better (and most interesting) record. They are maturing in all the best ways.

Back On Top suffered from being super polished but I think it has some really awesome songs there.

Kawl_USC

Holy Ghosts is, no doubt, their better (and most interesting) record. They are maturing in all the best ways.

Back On Top suffered from being super polished but I think it has some really awesome songs there.

You're an alright guy kiguel, not like that imbask fellow.

kiguel182

I need to start adding release dates to my calendar. There's too much stuff coming out soon that I can't keep track of it all.

You're an alright guy kiguel, not like that imbask fellow.

At least he took my recommendation to listen to Camp Cope to heart. That redeemed his hate for Everyday a little.

Kawl_USC

but I LOVE Holy Ghost! It's great! I just think the last one was better overall

Just Another face is a classic

image.php

haveheart

Banned
but I LOVE Holy Ghost! It's great! I just think the last one was better overall

Just Another face is a classic

Imo Holy Ghost is by far their weakest record. It's so overproduced. And the lyrics? I know they grew older and matured, their lyrics are way more mature. But the thing I LOVE about their lyrics on Sports and Miss it All is the childish and innocent somewhat naive mindset. This always takes me back to my teen years and makes me feel young.

Front Bottom's Back on Top took almost a year to grow on me. Now I love it. Summer Shandy, Laugh till I Cry, 2YL and West Virginia are supreme songs.

Just listened to Holy Ghost front to back for the first time in a while. Jake's side is a 10 but I'm not as into Brendan's side. Makes sense though because I've always liked Jake's songs more. Cooke and Tears Over Beers on Sports, Going to Bed Now and Two Good Things on You're Gonna Miss it All are my favourite tracks off those albums. Fuckin stoked for the new Slaughter Beach, Dog album.

olympia

i love versace summer but i really wished general tso what lasted longer. the song progresses really awesomely and then it ends really abruptly

haveheart

Banned
Just listened to Holy Ghost front to back for the first time in a while. Jake's side is a 10 but I'm not as into Brendan's side. Makes sense though because I've always liked Jake's songs more. Cooke and Tears Over Beers on Sports, Going to Bed Now and Two Good Things on You're Gonna Miss it All are my favourite tracks off those albums. Fuckin stoked for the new Slaughter Beach, Dog album.

When will the new Slaughter Beach be released?

Terrible news. Specially since I think they have so much potential to improve on what's already an awesome band.

well also apparently one of the dude's (not entirely sure) is a total dickhead. So that has lead to this unsure period. But that is all speculation right now other than the Bassist confirmed he is leaving

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I finally got round to listening to both of Jank's albums after all the talk in here.

My only regret is not listening sooner.

Yeah, they're really solid.

I turned my friend on to them and he loves them. He says he even likes that "Hat Store" song and I'm pretty sure even Jank will admit that that song is bullshit. Haha.

The Hat Song is their secret best song.

I listened to the new record but I'm not feeling it as much as the first.

Super secret, then. ;)

I had the same first reaction about first > second, but this one really started to grow. It almost has a gelling sound where the first was a little more angular and disparate. That almost but not-quite breakdown in tempo as they sing, "Am I not cool enough for you?" just seems to change the question in interesting ways.

Has anyone started a running Spotify list for killer current Emo? Now That's What I Call Emo Vol: 2016.

I had one going for golden age emo but I started incorporating other stuff and lost focus. Naturally, I just deleted it.

kiguel182

Super secret, then. ;)

I had the same first reaction about first > second, but this one really started to grow. It almost has a gelling sound where the first was a little more angular and disparate. That almost but not-quite breakdown in tempo as they sing, "Am I not cool enough for you?" just seems to change the question in interesting ways.

Has anyone started a running Spotify list for killer current Emo? Now That's What I Call Emo Vol: 2016.

I had one going for golden age emo but I started incorporating other stuff and lost focus. Naturally, I just deleted it.

There's a EmoGaf Spotify playlist. I don't use Spotify so I haven't updated and have no idea if someone has.

But it should be resurrected!

Super secret, then. ;)

I started a public collaborative Spotify playlist called EmoGAF a while ago that had about 130 songs on it and is open for anybody to add to. Here's a link: https://play.spotify.com/user/ethan.ruddock/playlist/17XpfAVCf5VxAHJxsLRwPp

So I am gonna sidebar and talk about one of my favorite PHC bands of all time, From First to Last cuz there are saucy rumors about Sonny doing new music with them and there was a full version of this song that I am posting but here is a clip from it that was uploaded but will proabbly be taken down soon so listen up, if you are into FFTL.

I just thought that some of yall will enjoy it. Middle school me is very happy right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCCmIhzEbZg

And just an fyi the quality isn't great since it is some sort of leak/rip type thing uploaded to youtube.

This was originally leaked by AP but taken down and FFTL shared it and stuff too... god I hope this happens

Top Bottom