• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

imBask

Banned
the new JANK album is good, maybe not top 5 good but it's good I like it a lot. Might grow on me more, i'll keep listening to it

Camp Cope is the Witcher 3 of albums, nothing's going to make me change my mind at this point

olympia

hey this is not OT anymore i'm not going to talk about my bedroom life here

image.php

olympia

new touche drops this friday. it's one of my most anticipated releases this year. i've been listening to palm dreams and skyscraper again which have been really interesting and surprising tracks. can't wait to see what else they do.

kiguel182

Yesterday I listened to the new (it's new I think) sports. compilation and man, it's really good. I didn't get into their record that much but I can see myself listening to this a bunch.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Tiny Moving Parts tonight, super hyped. + Fall of Troy as the headliners so it should be a good loud night.

imBask

Banned
Touche Amore always makes me want to listen to La Dispute, and then I get sad because I don't know if and when they'll release a new album

Cindres

Tiny Moving Parts are amazing live. Got to chat with the bad after and my girlfriend bought me copy of celebrate in vinyl for them to sign after as a birthday present. Those guys are amazing and deserve every bit of success they enjoy.

imBask

Banned
Tiny Moving Parts are amazing live. Got to chat with the bad after and my girlfriend bought me copy of celebrate in vinyl for them to sign after as a birthday present. Those guys are amazing and deserve every bit of success they enjoy.

Did you touch the mustache?

Cindres

Did you touch the mustache?

I did not, just the signature.

EDIT: To make this post sound less... matter of fact, as I was pretty drunk at the time. They were cool as shit, I don't actually know any of their names but the bassist signed my copy of Celebrate, then the singer wandered out and signed it and the bassist said something like "Oh dude get out [drummer] to sign it" so the singer runs off and reappears to have the drummer sign it. They were super nice dudes, singer never stops bloody smiling, all through the show and after when they were hanging out. Like I even needed to love those dudes any more.

kiguel182

This new Joyce Manor song is so, so good. Can't wait for this record.

Jeff Rosenstock's "Wave Goodnight To Me" is another amazing track and I'm really hopeful for that record. Also, the video has an awesome Simpson's reference so it gets extra points from me.

So many good stuff coming still in 2016, what a year!

kiguel182

New Beach Slang is streaming here for all the punk kids.

Listening to it now, so far it sounds like Beach Slang. I had no idea they had a record coming up. To much stuff to keep up with.

kiguel182

Other releases that I need to get to today, New Against Me and Taking Back Sunday.

Also, I couldn't listen to Beach Slang because that player was crapping out on me. I will have to wait until next week, bah.

dreamfall

TA album killed me. Like it hurts, and Bolm really gave it his all. Trying to be honest when devastated sounds like it hurts. By the end of the album, I felt heavy. It's masterful, the guitar work is ace and lyrically it cuts.

It reminds me of Pianos Become Teeth album, Keep You. Both frontmen experience the loss of a parent, and both are incredibly moving pieces of art. God knows how they'll play this live.

Probably was my most anticipated record of the year, and it didn't disappoint in the slightest. It almost feels like we're playing audience for a man going through grief, but it's amazing to hear how raw it all is. Even when Bolm flatly sings, a roar later it hits even harder.

Cindres

After a few more listens this week I have ascertained that the best Jank song is by a far; The Hat Store.

akileese

yo

that Touché Amoré album is pretty damn good

No hyperbole, but this is my best album of 2016, my favorite Touche Amore album, and possibly one of the best albums I've heard in a very long time. It's brutally honest and just has a profound effect on me. I think I'm on my 4th listen now since I got my download code from Kings Road this morning.

No hyperbole, but this is my best album of 2016, my favorite Touche Amore album, and possibly one of the best albums I've heard in a very long time. It's brutally honest and just has a profound effect on me. I think I'm on my 4th listen now since I got my download code from Kings Road this morning.

Yep. it is my AOTY now

I just don't know about the 3 songs with clean vocals in them, I really don't like his voice... otherwise it's solid

At first I was put off a little but Benediction I think is my favorite song.

kris.

Banned
first song from the new dangers for the hardcore kids who hang out here

https://soundcloud.com/topshelfrecords/dangers-kiss-with-spit

apparently it was posted 2 months ago idk how i missed it

i am drunk and this is hitting all the right notes

i can't wait to finally get my dangers tat

also the new touche is something else

ALSO

i missed the menzingers/sorority noise/bayside tonight because i'd woken up at 4am to drive 9 hours to come home from vacation and said i didn't wanna drive 45 minutes to lawrence to go to the show and instead went out and got drunk because i make bad decisions. runnin on fumes and alcohol atm

haveheart

Banned
Moose Blood show yesterday was great.

They played with PUP, I didn't know them before. My new favorite band. Damn they're awesome.

Don't know if they're well-known in here (they are from Canada) but anyone who doesn't know them, give this a try!

olympia

They played with PUP, I didn't know them before. My new favorite band. Damn they're awesome.

Don't know if they're well-known in here (they are from Canada) but anyone who doesn't know them, give this a try!

awesome. There are a lot of PUP fans here :) sounds like a very dope show

I still haven't had the time to sit down and fully listen to stage four 😫😫😫

kris.

Banned
kris, where do you live, LA? my friend is in the dangers video they just shot there

haha nah, i wish. i live in kansas city right now. that's awesome tho. dangers were one of the first hardcore bands i really got into. messy, isn't it is? jams forever.

PUP are the fucking truth dude. the dream is dead is my aoty atm and i can't see anything kicking it out of that spot (cept the new jeff rosenstock record but i may be a bit biased)

Top Bottom