• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

kiguel182

Hotelier doesn't get a thread but Touche Amore gets. I'm starting a strike!

I only listened to have the record so far. I need to listen to it more but it's interesting so far. I'm not the biggest post-hardcore guy

EDIT: Also, you know what is good? The new Against Me. Awesome record.

Hotelier doesn't get a thread but Touche Amore gets. I'm starting a strike!

I only listened to have the record so far. I need to listen to it more but it's interesting so far. I'm not the biggest post-hardcore guy

EDIT: Also, you know what is good? The new Against Me. Awesome record.
I made a thread for Home, Like Noplace Is There a couple of years ago and noone responded :c

kiguel182

I made a thread for Home, Like Noplace Is There a couple of years ago and noone responded :c

I only got into the Hotelier like 6 months after Home released. It took me a while to see the light I admit.

We should all revive that thread to see how EmoGaf grew.

We shouldn't. Let's not get all banned.

Also, I have to say, this Touche Amore record is really good so far. Loving the guitar work and there's some hard hitting stuff here.

haveheart

Banned
awesome. There are a lot of PUP fans here :) sounds like a very dope show

I still haven't had the time to sit down and fully listen to stage four 😫😫😫

haha nah, i wish. i live in kansas city right now. that's awesome tho. dangers were one of the first hardcore bands i really got into. messy, isn't it is? jams forever.

PUP are the fucking truth dude. the dream is dead is my aoty atm and i can't see anything kicking it out of that spot (cept the new jeff rosenstock record but i may be a bit biased)

Fuck, that's great. Now that I've read up on them, I'm even more pissed that I missed the Toronto Warped Tour...

I can't stop listening to DVP, I pray that I'll never get sick of it.

Tonight is my Touche Amore night, so stoked to listen to the new record for the first time.

Kwixotik

Caught night 2 of the Used's 15th anniversary tour last night. Went to night 1 in a different city a couple weeks ago. I like their first album a lot more, but both nights were excellent. They put on a good show.

You Blew It! is on tour...

MFW there's no Florida dates:

image.php

EDIT: Granted, they're playing the Fest. But still. Point stands.

Ibio

Neo Member
I just wanted to thank you all in this thread for getting me into a lot of stuff I otherwise hadn't been checking out, nearly all my playlists of the past 4 months have been directly influenced by you guys and it's been awesome rediscovering a genre of music I'd ignored for a good half a decade or so.

Especially as if it wasn't for you guys wouldn't have gone to see PUP a few weeks back here in London, one of the best gigs, with the most energetic crowd I'd been in for a long time.

Considering buying a ticket for Biffy Clyro in December just to see Brand New support as never got a chance back in the day. Not sure if it's worth holding out hope that they announce solo shows for London before they call it a day...

kiguel182

Brand New coming back to the UK eventually is likely but also, with them you never know!

I would go just to avoid risking it. You can always go again when they come as the headliners.

Also, I'm getting into the Touché Amore record but I can see it's a grower and it will take me time to fully appreciate it. It's not immidiate at all.

Not digging this immediately upon first listen nor the new Touche Amore. I'll wait until the full stream is up for You Blew to make a final decision, but the shift away from a basement is not very promising.

On the other hand I have come around to liking Pinegrove and the album is in the mail on its way! I also pre-ordered the new American Football because I can't see how that can possibly disappoint. Today I bought the Chinese Football album from last year off bandcamp, because I got the message saying it's time to pay.

olympia

Brand New coming back to the UK eventually is likely but also, with them you never know!

I would go just to avoid risking it. You can always go again when they come as the headliners.

Also, I'm getting into the Touché Amore record but I can see it's a grower and it will take me time to fully appreciate it. It's not immidiate at all.

the thing about the stage four is that its really well done, but just too thematically heavy for a daily spin for me personally

8 seconds really the standout track imo

olympia

sadthony boretano is probably gonna drag stage four since he hated skyscraper and was lukewarm on rapture but i'm prepared to be surprised

what have you guys been listening to lately. emo or non-emo. i've been listening to we cool because i'm extremely feeling it rn

haveheart

Banned
the thing about the stage four is that its really well done, but just too thematically heavy for a daily spin for me personally

8 seconds really the standout track imo

Yes, I've been trying to listen to it the last couple of days on my way to/from work or after work. But it's so fkin depressing. Is survived by at least always had these moments of hope and sweet melodies. But this is just too heavy atm

I really dig the new every time I die singles, cannot wait for their new record, they never disappoint.

sadthony boretano is probably gonna drag stage four since he hated skyscraper and was lukewarm on rapture but i'm prepared to be surprised
He didn't like Home Like Noplace Is There. No more needs to be said.

But I will say a bit more. "The internet's busiest music nerd"? Fuck off you self-important twat

acohrs

Caught night 2 of the Used's 15th anniversary tour last night. Went to night 1 in a different city a couple weeks ago. I like their first album a lot more, but both nights were excellent. They put on a good show.

Wish I'd gone to the 10th anniversary of in love and death. I love that album...

imBask

Banned
if you actually hate Fantano you propably shouldn't be looking at reviews for anything really because you don't understand how reviews work

He explains why he doesn't like X and Y very well, and it's always just his opinion, you can't really ask much more from a reviewer. Whenever I disagree with him I still understand why he didn't like it and I move on

what have you guys been listening to lately. emo or non-emo. i've been listening to we cool because i'm extremely feeling it rn

We Cool, as well. Trying to keep my hype strong for when he comes here next month.

For the same reason, I've been playing a lot of Iron Chic and doses of Off With Their Heads, though I haven't been in the mood this week for how serious OWTH are.

EDIT: Also, Sorority Noise - "Mediocre at Best" is way too close to home for how I feel about my life at the moment. Way, way too close.

kiguel182

We Cool is always a great record to have on rotation. I've also been listening to it lately since it is finally available on Apple Music.

Also, Bleed American for some reason. You can't go wrong with Jimmy Eat World!

olympia

I'm mainly listening to Pharmacie by Apologies still, and then just various podcasts

still need to check this one out

We Cool, as well. Trying to keep my hype strong for when he comes here next month.

For the same reason, I've been playing a lot of Iron Chic and doses of Off With Their Heads, though I haven't been in the mood this week for how serious OWTH are.

EDIT: Also, Sorority Noise - "Mediocre at Best" is way too close to home for how I feel about my life at the moment. Way, way too close.

you like iron chic, I like you

top shelf is selling test presses

Shiloa

I
Considering buying a ticket for Biffy Clyro in December just to see Brand New support as never got a chance back in the day. Not sure if it's worth holding out hope that they announce solo shows for London before they call it a day...

Haha I have seen Brand New the last 3 times they've been on a UK tour, and each time I thought "oh it's going to be the last time!"

kiguel182

New Beach Slang is out! Aaaaaaand, it sounds like Beach Slang. If you like it it's more of it, if you don't it won't change up your mind.

I feel like the band needs to do something new for their next record. Like, this sounds good but all of these songs could be on their last record, or the EP or something.

It's still a fun listen because it's this dirty and loose punk rock sound but it's not new or surprising anymore.

Modern baseball with Camp cope tour in Australia

Please fund my trip

Man, that would be such an awesome show to go.

I always confuse Beach Slang with this band, Beach Fossils, who are this twee kind of vacant sounding ready-for-radio indie band. I had the misfortune of seeing them open for Kurt Vile (best dude) one night. They were dressed like cartoon portrayals of Fresh Prince side characters and the crowd was all bopping around as fresh 18s to my then-crusty late 20s and the venue inexplicably didn't open the bar on that night so I had to sit there enduring this giggling gaggle who emptied out just before Kurt Vile got on and was miraculous and that's why I don't listen to Beach Slang.

On the punk side, Bong Mountain put out a companion EP that joins with the other to make an album. They're really good, despite the kinda goofy name and punny song titles like "Pariah Carey."

kiguel182

The fact that mine is quoted so much reinforces that I chose the best avatar for me.

MJs avatar makes me think he is always being super melo dramatic while posting.

Top Bottom