• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

kris.

Banned
i always thought i liked beach slang but then i realized that they're only ok and also their vocalist seems like a nice guy but his extreme enthusiasm for literally every single thing is unbearable at times.

and this isn't emo but the new every time i die came out today and ooh boy its sick which is to be expected cuz etid are the most consistently awesome band around i think

kiguel182

I thing I always confuse Every Time I Die with some other band. They are a metal band right? I'm not a metal guy.

Also, does anyone here listen to Misty Miller? It's really good. The sort of self depreciative rock with some 90's influences that feels at home in this thread.

Yaeh eitd is still sick as fuck

and kiguel they are like southern hardcore with metal influence but they aren't metal even though they sometimes get put into the metalcore genre

kris.

Banned
they're like party hardcore when u wanna get fucked up with your friends and rage

yea lots of southern influences and really groovy riffs

kris.

Banned
lol i was just watching some live videos of the chariot the other day. can't believe i missed out on seeing them so many times. one of my big regrets.

yeah a couple memebrs have a new project with other guys that I thought I would dig but it is pretty bad :/

But their live shows were insane. One of the most unique live shows I have seen other than The Garden in terms of energy and weirdness

kris.

Banned
thats what i always used to do til i heard new junk aesthetic and was like damn this is dope

jhonny you talking about '68? i heard that album they put out and it was pretty solid idk

imBask

Banned
craziest show i've ever been was Streetlight Manifesto with Reel Big Fish

I've never seen that much sweat contained in a room. The girl I was trying to date, and whom I still date today, lost her shoe and never found it

olympia

craziest show i've ever been was Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish

I've never seen that much sweat contained in a room. The girl I was trying to date, and whom I still date today, lost her shoe and never found it

lol

the last crazy show i went to was ceremony at gilman a few months ago. i brought some friends who have never been to an hc show before

i'm going to see dangers and super unison in a pretty really small venue next month. i expect that to be fully lit

I searched for "metalcore singer" on google trying to find who I was thinking off".

It was Bring Me the Horizon...

I never even listened to them but for some reason that's the dude that comes to mind.

I'm honestly cool with BMTH even though they are easy to shit on but I think Heaven and Hell, their 3rd album, is super interesting.

imBask

Banned
i've listened to a lot of Metalcore and Deathcore back in the days. They get a lot of shit but it's alright you know

I've been in a black metal mood for a bit now. I only stopped to listen to Touche Amore a dozen times, it's pretty fucking good

olympia

I searched for "metalcore singer" on google trying to find who I was thinking off".

It was Bring Me the Horizon...

I never even listened to them but for some reason that's the dude that comes to mind.

darn. between this and my tnd bet I'm 0-2. can i be right about something

there used to be a pretty massive metalcore scene here a few years ago. but kids were fucking up the venues so the powers that be shut that shit down by closing all the spots

i've listened to a lot of Metalcore and Deathcore back in the days. They get a lot of shit but it's alright you know

I've been in a black metal mood for a bit now. I only stopped to listen to Touche Amore a dozen times, it's pretty fucking good

Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven

unless you only accept trve kvlt metal

But check out the Downfall of Nur. A folksy-black metal project that is legit. It is about a pagan society in Italy in like the 1200s

kris.

Banned
i still like listening to really shitty metalcore every now and then and bmth's 3rd album is cool

i did listen to the new of mice & men yesterday and that was 43 hours of shit nu-metal that i'll never get back. stay far away from that album.

kiguel182

I'm honestly cool with BMTH even though they are easy to shit on but I think Heaven and Hell, their 3rd album, is super interesting.

I have nothing against them. I just don't like metalcore or metal and stuff like that. It was just never my thing.

darn. between this and my tnd bet I'm 0-2. can i be right about something

there used to be a pretty massive metalcore scene here a few years ago. but kids were fucking up the venues so the powers that be shut that shit down by closing all the spots

In fairness it was a good guess! My brain is the one that made a dumb association.

i always thought i liked beach slang but then i realized that they're only ok and also their vocalist seems like a nice guy but his extreme enthusiasm for literally every single thing is unbearable at times.

and this isn't emo but the new every time i die came out today and ooh boy its sick which is to be expected cuz etid are the most consistently awesome band around i think

Didn't realize Mike Huber was in a band.

imBask

Banned
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven
Deafheaven

unless you only accept trve kvlt metal

But check out the Downfall of Nur. A folksy-black metal project that is legit. It is about a pagan society in Italy in like the 1200s

Deafheaven is damn good i'm not an elitist

I know Downfall of Nur but it,s not exactly my jam! If you like Deafheaven you should give Der Weg Einer Freiheit a shot though

If NHL talk enters this thread I'm bringing over wrestling, you have been warned.

Back me up imbask.
IbCpRPx.gif

i got ur back c:

kiguel182

Rollins loves a bunch of emo bands. It's not off topic!

Choosing between Dean and Reigns is an ungrateful choice

Edit: we should stop the wrestling talk so we don't bring NHL gifs here.

olympia

hey emoGAF who's drunk right now and jamming portraits of past

*raises hand*

whats your ratio of sober to drunk posts in this thread hahaha

--

we should have weekly topics

what is your favorite split

or whats your least favorite track on your favorite album

or
what frontman did something creepy this week

etc

kiguel182

I can't even choose my favourite album! But I like that idea.

Also, I've been thinking, is Jimmy Eat World the most successful emo band of all time? Is The Middle the most popular emo song of all time?

Kinda weird to think that they are a one hit wonder for most people but actually a really influential band in out own little circle.

And sure, Bleed American isn't the most emo record of all time but it's the follow up to Clarity so it's emo.

And no, My Chemical Romance does not count.

ElNarez

Banned
The answers to your questions are a) Fall Out Boy, despite everything they've done since, which means b) it's probably This Ain't A Scene.

Anyways, how about that Black Parade re-release? It's way good I think. The new old stuff is WEIRD but in a cool way, and it's always nice to see the process, even if version 1 of House of Wolves is totally not House of Wolves in any way.

kiguel182

But Fall Out Boy aren't emo from their own admission. They don't come from that scene.

If they were then I would say FOB for sure but I would classify them as such.

Least favourite track on my favourite album is easy. Handcuffs on Devil and God. Luckily it's the last track so I can just turn the record off after Archers.

kiguel182

I hate you all.

Regardless Wecolme to Bangkok is the track I hate from that record. I'm not the biggest fan of instrumentals to begin with and that one doesn't change my mind.

Top Bottom